rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Arnold Schwarzenegger - A true legend!

I know Roosh has frequently posted about him on twitter, but as a huge Arnie fan I have to post this more lengthy clip of the Bill Burr routine about him. It is basically the same clip, but nevertheless!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_4UvVyeTAo

I've read his book, and whilst it is all a bit self-congratulatory, he deserves to be. He was a multi-millionaire before he made a single movie, he was a multi-millionaire aside from any weight lifting comp due to his various fitness, construction and real estate businesses.

He was an alpha without being the 'bad boy', but that was possibly due to the nature of the 70's when he first arrived in 'California' [imitates accent]. He was unapologetic about being a Republican at a time when it was deeply un-trendy to be one (as it still is I think in Hollywood), yet stood by his personal principles even if it contradicted with Republicanism.

Yeah, he did a bad thing with the illegitimate son thing, sure, but it remains the same... He has achieved more in one of his four VERY successful careers (Bodybuilding, Businesses, Acting, Politics) than all those decrying him will achieve in their lifetime and he deserves to be set as a standard for what a man can do when he puts himself, and not women, first. A woman truly wants to be a part of HIS world, and not become the sole focus of it. The same applies to any woman.

All in all, a GREAT man who we all can learn from. Amen

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

I read that bio. At first I really liked it and was like Arnold's awesome for sticking to his guns.

Then I realized he comes off as just a really weird and pretty dumb guy. Obviously, he's not dumb NOW thanks to Shriver's guidance, but back then he really was a dumbass meathead, but he was one of the lucky few where Fortune shines her Great Light down upon.

I have to completely disagree, you cannot be a stupid guy to achieve what he achieved considering he did it all in a foreign language. I seriously have to disagree, how can you not agree that based on his achievements, that he is the ultimate alpha male?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Arnold was no idiot. How do you come to America and win it all without speaking a lick of English if you are a dumbass?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

I share Arnold's view on life
Quote:Quote:

For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
I don't know how you can say he's an idiot, the guy became hugely successful by strategic calculations done. He's someone from a small Austrian village with little education and a tough family life who managed to achieve the "American Dream".

Love that Arnold routine by Bill Burr. Had me laughing the first time I saw it.

Good to see the Arnold hater has been banned for his ridiculous post. Probably a troll... Definitely a troll.

Quote: (01-04-2013 08:05 PM)HiFlo Wrote:  

I read that bio. At first I really liked it and was like Arnold's awesome for sticking to his guns.

Then I realized he comes off as just a really weird and pretty dumb guy. Obviously, he's not dumb NOW thanks to Shriver's guidance, but back then he really was a dumbass meathead, but he was one of the lucky few where Fortune shines her Great Light down upon.

You're either a troll or a retard

Arnold was one of my first heroes in the movies. Still remember watching Predator as a little kid. Had my grandma tape it for me. Such a bad ass movie.

He went a little under the radar for me until I started with weight lifting.

Then watching Pumping Iron, and the making of Pumping Iron. He is back to being one of my greatest heroes.

He is one of those guys you get mocked for liking. I respond: "You sir, are talking out your ass."

Teedub said it. Arnie is a legend. He might seem like a dumbass, but that CV can't be beat.

Arnold owns a goddamn tank.

[Image: Arnold-Crushes-Tank1.jpg]

Quote: (01-05-2013 10:30 AM)freshcream Wrote:  

He is one of those guys you get mocked for liking. I respond: "You sir, are talking out your ass."

Yeah he is. I went to one of those assessment days for a job, where you have to basically compete with 50 other people for a handful of jobs. They asked us to name our greatest hero and I said Arnold, to quiet sniggers and such. When I listed all his accomplishments, everybody had to agree I was right!

Definitely accomplished but not exactly the most decisive and successful governor California has ever had. He might have been better off staying in show and private business ( do I get banned now for criticism?) instead of soiling his cv with a stint in public affairs and the scrutiny it puts him under.

I'm not an American so I'm not really too knowledgable in regards to his job in politics, but I still think its very impressive that he got elected to such high office in the richest state of a country he wasn't even resident in until his mid twenties.

In case anyone is interested, this is an interview from a few days ago. As you can see, he is still highly competitive even at 65 years old.

Sorry about the endless Arnie stuff if you're not a fan. Sort of... You should be a fan! ITS NOT A TUMOR! [Image: rant.gif]

Arnie is a smart guy. Here he is discussing his political philosophy:

Quote: (01-05-2013 04:30 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

Thanks for that video, its very interesting actually because in his book he basically describes Friedman as his hero in terms of economic and policy issues. I can't really comment because I'm not really a maths kind of guy, I'm more into English and verbal subjects, but I definitely know I am more right-wing economically than left. The only thing I disagree with Arnold and other right-wing people on is healthcare. The universal system, as we have in Britain is OK, sure, but has big drawbacks. I advocate a combination system of both private and public as they have in France, I think Germany and Singapore too, a country that gets consistently ranked as the best country in the world for healthcare.

I haven't studied the economics of healthcare too much. But the most convincing articles I have seen advocated what they do in Switzerland. Every citizen gets free health insurance which they can spend how they want. It combines the best features of a UK and US approach to healthcare since it means hospitals have to compete for patients.

I have probably misremembered some of the details, so apologies if I have.

As for economics. It is a really interesting field. And unless you want to get a Phd in the subject you don't really need any mathematical ability. Just the abilitiy to think really logically, and the ability to follow arguments through to their unintended consequences.

The FREE TO CHOOSE series is available on Youtube and is the best introduction to free-market economics I have seen. Milton Friedman is so badass. He has a brilliant ability to think and improvise on his feet. Watching him debate someone is like watching Ali box. I have seen alot of interviews with him and he is hands down the smartest guy I have ever come across. It would have being fun getting into an argument with him. He would hunt down any logical inconsistency like a dog hunting down on his prey.

Bookwise - my favourite introduction to economics is THE ARMCHAIR ECONOMIST by Steven Landsburg. He pretty much invented the popular economics category with this book. And it is still better than the books that came after it. Really smart thinking in there.

After that there are alot of fascinating directions to go in. It is a shame they don't teach economics at school since it is such an interesting field. I used to be a frustrated philosopher - disappointed in alot of what passes for philosophy these days. But nowadays I find the field of economics much more interesting to play around in.

Cardguy

Thanks mate for that reply, I forgot I was chatting to another Brit who also isn't super clued-up on U.S healthcare! I'm going to watch that series tomorrow if I get the chance. Yeah Switzerland is a pretty good country I reckon, as being right wing there doesn't get you ostracized or shouted down like it does here. Have you ever watched Nigel Farage on Question Time? He's fairly tame but still gets booed by the handpicked audience the BBC likes to have as 'impartial' guests. I abhor the BBC sometimes, its supposed to be non-partisan but is blatantly leftist/multicultural/E.U-biased. It needs to be privatised or needs to abolish the licencse fee and be funded by Labour as that is what it actually is- a mouthpiece of the P.C left.

I love Nigel Farage!

And yeah Question Time sucks. Most questions from the audience are in this vein:

Hahaha very true! The fact you said:

Quote:Quote:

I love Nigel Farage!

... Makes me love you long time [Image: gift4.jpg]

If you guys haven't seen it, ESPN made a little 12 min. documentary about his life.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8420216

His focus and drive is so incredibly inspiring!

Quote: (01-05-2013 04:47 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

Thanks for that video, its very interesting actually because in his book he basically describes Friedman as his hero in terms of economic and policy issues. I can't really comment because I'm not really a maths kind of guy, I'm more into English and verbal subjects, but I definitely know I am more right-wing economically than left. The only thing I disagree with Arnold and other right-wing people on is healthcare. The universal system, as we have in Britain is OK, sure, but has big drawbacks. I advocate a combination system of both private and public as they have in France, I think Germany and Singapore too, a country that gets consistently ranked as the best country in the world for healthcare.

After watching the video, my reply would be identical to something I read at Mark Manson's post-masculine blog today:

"If you’re extremely talented or intelligent, the US is probably the best place in the world to live. The system is stacked heavily to allow people of talent and advantage to rise to the top quickly.

The problem with the US is that everyone thinks they are of talent and advantage. As John Steinbeck famously said, the problem with poor Americans is that “they don’t believe they’re poor, but rather temporarily embarrassed millionaires.” It’s this culture of self-delusion that allows America to continue to innovate and churn out new industry more than anyone else in the world. But this shared delusion also unfortunately keeps perpetuating large social inequalities and the quality of life for the average citizen lower than most other developed countries. It’s the price we pay to maintain our growth and economic dominance."

speakeasy - What if you are of slightly above average intelligence and talent as opposed to EXTREME intelligence and talent? Is the US the best place to live?

Where is the best place in the world to live if you are below average intelligence and talent?

Where is the worst place to live if you are of EXTREME intelligence and talent?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (01-07-2013 05:17 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (01-05-2013 04:47 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

After watching the video, my reply would be identical to something I read at Mark Manson's post-masculine blog today:

"If you’re extremely talented or intelligent, the US is probably the best place in the world to live. The system is stacked heavily to allow people of talent and advantage to rise to the top quickly.

The problem with the US is that everyone thinks they are of talent and advantage. As John Steinbeck famously said, the problem with poor Americans is that “they don’t believe they’re poor, but rather temporarily embarrassed millionaires.” It’s this culture of self-delusion that allows America to continue to innovate and churn out new industry more than anyone else in the world. But this shared delusion also unfortunately keeps perpetuating large social inequalities and the quality of life for the average citizen lower than most other developed countries. It’s the price we pay to maintain our growth and economic dominance."

In a Game sense, you can't hate a player because he feels (or is deluded) like he is worth a million bucks. Hes going to pull faster and more than you are. You really have no choice but to antagonize him, go elsewhere, or outmatch his delusion.

Our poor people kick the ass of other countries' poor people. And they do it drunk and high on bath salts, with one shoe on. I'm deludedly proud of USA poor people. PS im technically below the poverty line hah, funny

Quote: (01-05-2013 03:29 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

Quote: (01-05-2013 10:30 AM)freshcream Wrote:  

Yeah he is. I went to one of those assessment days for a job, where you have to basically compete with 50 other people for a handful of jobs. They asked us to name our greatest hero and I said Arnold, to quiet sniggers and such. When I listed all his accomplishments, everybody had to agree I was right!

I gave the same answer in an interview a few weeks ago. She seemed genuinely surprised, so I rattled off a few of his achievements and she had to agree.

Aparrently most people answer "my mum or dad" to that question. [Image: tard.gif]