rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mice vs Bedbugs vs Roaches....

Living in some shitty apartments in the last several years, I have have personally experienced all different types of vermin.....

So who is the grand champion pest of all apartments? Let us compare and contrast......

Mice: I have caught about 4-5 mice over the last 4 years. They are usually really small, and they only come out in the winter when we turn on the heat.

Pros: Pretty easy to catch. Mice are some of the least intelligent animals known to man kind. When I would see a mouse I would usually just put down a sticky trap, and I would catch them within a week. They are mostly nocturnal, so I would find them dead in the morning when I would get up for work. Forget those steel mouse traps, they never work, go with sticky paper.

Another good thing about Mice is that they eat some of the bugs.

Cons: They are loud. You can hear them scratching in the walls for about a week until you catch them. They also stink really bad for a day or two when they die inside the walls.

Bed bugs Bedbugs are the new "vermin" of the year. The media has people scared shit over bed bugs. We had one infected mattress about 2 years ago, and after we took care of the problem we haven't seen one bug since.

Pros: Believe it or not, It was really easy for us to contain the problem. You have to, have to, have to, have to enase your mattress. I don't care if you have had them or not. Encase your mattress and you just won 70 percent of the battle against bed bugs. They cannot attack you at night with a properly encased mattress. They sell on amazon for like $45.

The other method is to spray. Buy a gallon jug of the bed bug poison from Home Depot, and spray the hell out of the room. People think bed bugs are impossible to defeat, but we killed them in one week. They like to live in fabric, so always buy leather couches. And they also like rugs, so if you can, pick an apartment with hard wood floors or linoleom.

They actually eradicated bed bugs years ago, but then they got all "hippie" about using the chemicals and bed bugs came back from near extinction. But pretty much if you have a metal bed frame, an encased mattress, leather couches, and hard wood floors, you are in the clear.

Cons: They are very small and they only come out at night, so it is like getting bit my little mosquitos while you sleep. Very annoying.

The Roach: Roaches are also a pain in the ass. Very hard to get rid of, and they are extremely ugly. I usually see them in the spring and summer at night when I go into the bathroom to take a piss. We recently started using boric acid and that got rid of about 50% of the roaches, but every year they return.

Pros: They are almost harmless. You can probably keep them as pets if you wanted to.

Cons: Ugly as hell. Really big cockblockers.

So who wins the competition??

And the winner.........

I would say the bed bugs. They attack the worst because they are small and nocturnal, and if you find them you might have to get rid of some furniture. You can live with roaches and mice without your lifestyle being affected too bad.

Power out!!!!

In my opinion mice are the worst.

Why?

Because if you touch in any way the piss of a mouse you'll most likely get leptospirosis.

The worst thing about that is that the symptoms are flu-like at the beginning and then it damages your kidneys and liver.

I've seen a few people die over this. It's not good.

I personally hate the thought of bedbugs and rats the most (you did not list rats but they are freaky to me). Mice bother me as well so I would probably opt for roaches as the least troublesome. In Florida they are called "palm beetles" and can get huge... they are everywhere I ever went in the south (luckily just outside) but they would not make me spaz out like rats or bedbugs.

Roaches are everywhere here. I wouldn't believe someone if they said there's never roaches in their home. That's kind of good because girls don't freak out if one of them runs by or is posted up on the wall. I got a pussy and he kills them for me now.

Men: If you get bedbugs, throw the piece of furniture out ASAP. Besides that, they were pretty easy to control. A roommate had the problem, and I immediately purchased a mattress cover on amazon just incase. No bugs in 2 years since we chucked his mattress out the window...

If I saw a rat, I would call the exterminator asap...

I really hate roaches (and spiders). I slapped many a roach out of room in tropical countries.

I seriously find them disgusting and the worst thing is that they're not afraid of you. some come charging at you.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

considering bed bugs are the only ones thst actually cause discomfory... mice arent bad. we had one in my ladt place stateside. called him mickey

Quote: (01-02-2013 07:53 PM)TheCaptainPower Wrote:  

The Roach: Roaches are also a pain in the ass. Very hard to get rid of, and they are extremely ugly. I usually see them in the spring and summer at night when I go into the bathroom to take a piss. We recently started using boric acid and that got rid of about 50% of the roaches, but every year they return.

I tried boric acid once when I lived in a place with a roach problem. Did not work at all. The critters didn't seem to care. I tried baking soda too, that didn't do anything at all.

The roach subspecies I was dealing with was nocturnal, so I sealed all my garbage and food tightly and left the lights on at night, which seemed to help.

One of the bastards decided to die on my toothbrush.

Roaches are ugly as fuck, but are largely harmless (in a hotel this summer, I wake up at 3 AM to rock out a piss and before I turned the bathroom light I stepped on one...fucking gross).

I have never dealt with bedbugs, sounds like a pain but my experience is obviously limited.

Mice and rats are hands down my least favorite; they're loud (as you said), they actually cause physical damage to your shit, they leave their turds everywhere and no one likes getting bitten. I hate those little fuckers.

Rats creep me the fuck out of me
When I was in Gabon I always ran into huge rats, I mean rats that were almost as big as a cat.

Also those rats were not scare of people, that shit would look at you in the eyes and then walk off.
Nasty, full of diseases and huge were those rats,
And as usual they were considered work of the devil by many.

boredom is evil

I had a cockroach drop out of the AC right on bed. Of course that happened just as a brought a girl back to my room.

Never dealt with mice, but I have dealt with rats. We had a few come through the cabinet under the kitchen sink, because of a hole in the floor. Set out some D-CON, let 'em eat a couple trays worth. Fixed the floor underneath the sink and haven't seen or heard a rat in four years...

As for bedbugs, I live in Cincinnati, one of the most infested cities in the country. Thankfully I've dealt with very few bedbugs over the years. I inspect my mattress every week, and on the few occasions I've found 'em, I sprayed the mattress casing in rubbing alcohol, and washed my sheets and blankets. One thing I have learned from others, is that if you have carpeting, you're never going to get rid of the fuckers. Thankfully my apartment has nice wood floors.

Haven't dealt with roaches since I lived in the ghetto:

[Image: attachment.jpg9274]

We kept food sealed airtight, had trash in a can with a tight-fitting lid, and bugbombed the place once or twice. It worked for a while, then we moved the fuck out of there. If you live in an apartment building the prevalence of pests depends on both you and your neighbors. If there's a nasty fucker in your building it's inevitable that some of the vermin are going to find their way to your apartment.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.