rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tarot Game, yes I’m serious!

I read an article in a psychology forum about the different thought processes that men and women generally go through. One contributor briefly touched on women’s propensity for “Magical Thinking”, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_thinking. Another contributor cited the almost exclusively women’s realm of Tarot Reading as a prime example of Magical Thinking.

I like to challenge myself with new and interesting ways to enthrall women so after an evening of scouring the internet I added a few decks of Tarot Cards to my Amazon Wish list. Less than a week later, a woman bought me a deck.

I can safely say this:
1)I am a complete fraud with Tarot!
2)100 % of Spirit Mediums, Tarot Readers, and their associated disciplines are frauds as well!
3)I haven’t had this much fun at someone else’s expense in quite a while!

I read two articles that taught me everything I know about how to be a Tarot Reader. Its all Game and Set-Ups. In less than 5 minutes I have had every woman I have done this to convinced that I am supernatural and know things about them that demonstrate my ability to “really see inside a person”, that’s a direct quote.

Doug Bolden at http://www.wyrmis.com/journal/2009/11/19...-tips.html wrote the following:

"Some quick tips to improve a cold-reading session with tarot, tea-leaves, etc
Cold-reading, as the term is applied to various forms of fortune-telling, is just making stuff up. Sure, there is a knack and whatnot to it; but at its core, it is when someone sits down with the fortune-teller, and combinations of science and luck come together and the client walks away feeling a little dazed despite it being one big puppet show. They, by which I mean the types who make money off of this thing, all swear that you save cold-reading until those rare days you feel off, but it might be better to say that you rely on cold-reading except those few days you feel on.

There is a science to it, a practical con-man's game of slicing bits of information out of conversation and then combining them with a thick pasting of inductions and guesses; but that is not what this entry is about. That takes natural talent and trained skill. This is about the sort of things that just about anyone can do. Here are my quick and easy tips to improve your cold-reading session, if you choose to have one (and yes, these come from actual fortune-telling types that I used to talk to and study from back in the day).

First, split your marks from your hard-makes.
Some people only touch stuff like fortune-telling because they utterly disbelieve it and they want to prove it false. They can be confrontational, and will often mention "I don't like this crap" early on. Skim them out of the process. Ham it up for them, play it to the gills, and then laugh at yourself. If you do it right, they get show. If you do it wrong, they feel justified. Either way, they feel happy, and that's your job (assuming you are making money off of this). Those who want to believe, the easy-marks, they treat tarot-readings like a psychotherapy session. They are practically needing to spill their guts to someone, and why not $15 for a tarot-reader rather than $200 for a head-shrinker? They will also divulge too much information, which in the end, helps you to make them happy. At worst, though, they get a chance to be heard. Customer satisfaction.

Second, ritual ritual ritual ritual ritual. Ritual.
I don't care what, but you had best have a ritual. Take it slow, and steady. Knock on the table before picking up the cards. Only use your left hand. Something. Do not go into verbal discussions of the ritual, just make it known. It should take you ten or fifteen minutes minimum to do a good session. More time for them to talk, more time for them to be impressed, and more time for the hard-makes to expose themselves.

Third, mix clutter with a concentrated point.
Scatter random bits around the room, and then focus the attention on the relatively uncluttered table (which, by the way, has clutter on the edges). Make them feel like they are finding order in the midst of chaos.

Fourth, make them touch it.
If it's a tea cup, they drink from it. If it's a tarot deck, they cut it. They pull cards from it. They shuffle it. Whatever. Just make sure they think their vibe juice is all over the thing.

Fifth, skip rote but make it sound like you didn't.
You want to screw up a card reading? Try and remember what a Five of Wands means when it follows a Tower card. Skip it. The customer might know about the cards, and be willing to argue with you, but unless you are willing to point out your Little Book of Tarot they prefer to have symbols and images on the cards themselves pointed out. What does a Five of Wands mean according to said Little Book? Who cares? That means nothing next to pointing out the haystack in the background as a symbol of needing to start saving. The best thing about this whole thing? You need nothing but the cards or leaves themselves. Someone thrusts their palm into your hands, and you can blather on about the life line and such, but you want to especially notice the little knicks on the line, and the strange tapering. Sure, 90% of palms have that tapering, but how many palms have they seen. Make. It. Up. And make it a little micro-epic. They are there because they want to matter. They paid you money for it. Say they matter because the cards never lie and there's a haystack and that means they matter, and when you say it, make it sound like that the haystack is especially for them, while also a symbol everyone knows, as decreed by the cards. Which brings me to…

Finally, short declarative zen-master sentences.
Say something declaratively, but back off the definite unless the definite is somehow so precise as to be almost nonsensical. Do not say "Your recent girl troubles", say "Underlying issues with personal relationships, not all of which you are aware of...". Do not ask "Have you recently met someone?" (they always do this in the movies, alas) but instead say "The new person whose name you are not sure of..." Maybe bust out a "Keep an eye out for red flowers on a sunny day, a body of water nearby but of unsure size, and her name is Lisa" every once in a while. They'll spend the next year remembering that line.
If you do it right, they will spend the next decade remembering that line.

Remember kids, have fun at parties, and never try any of these on the strange girls in black shirts sitting in the corner. Not unless you want to waste an afternoon.
Si Vales, Valeo"

The second article was about “The Forer effect, also called the Barnum Effect after P. T. Barnum's observation that "we've got something for everyone.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect

Excerpt:
“You have a great need for other people to like and admire you. You have a tendency to be critical of yourself. You have a great deal of unused capacity which you have not turned to your advantage. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them. Your sexual adjustment has presented problems for you. Disciplined and self-controlled outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be pretty unrealistic. Security is one of your major goals in life.”

I used those two articles to form what I said for the first few times I used my Tarot. After that I realized I could say anything that came to mind and they’d eagerly swallow it down as gospel. I usually throw in a few gems about their “needing a change”, “looking for something more powerful than themselves”, and/or needing to "explore things once held as taboo”. Those there I remember, I generally make up whatever is necessary for the woman in question to hear at the time to have her do what I ant to later.

Check out Pimp Game, Picking Up Strippers, The Fun Way!, Weaponized: Add Cold Reading to your arsenal! and Tarot Game.

Game isn’t what I use to get what I want out of women.
Game is what I use to get what I want out of life.

You dont have to be a fraud. Drop the mystical eroterical shit, read some Jung, and call it a "psychoanalytical tool, a way to map the depths of your subconscious". From your username I would have guessed that would have been your approach to it.

But the really important thing is:

Why (and how) are you getting women to buy things for you from a wishlist?

Quote:Quote:

after an evening of scouring the internet I added a few decks of Tarot Cards to my Amazon Wish list. Less than a week later, a woman bought me a deck.

You ask “Why?”
Women buy me presents from my Amazon Wish List because they like to see me happy and they like to spend time with me when they make me happy. I keep dozens of things on my list that range from gun accessories to BDSM toys to jewelry. The list very specifically constructed. The things they buy me are indicative of what kind of woman they are.

You ask “How?”
How I get them to buy me presents is by telling them that there are things I want to have and that the women in my life enjoy making me happy. Women often ask me where I got something, I have a very high-end/eclectic style of dress. I always tell them that a woman like her bought it for me. They usually can’t process that right away. I then go on to ask them about the last few times a man both them things and how it made them feel. They always say “good” I’ll ask why they don’t think I deserve to feel that way. They generally can answer of backpedal. I let a day or so go by and I show them my wish list in an email. I tell them to send me something that will make me remember her.

I’m familiar with Jung, as well as several other psychoanalytic tools. I very specifically used this method because it’s fun and new to me. Every psychoanalytic tool has its place, my Tarot Deck very specifically explores the depths I’m looking into now.

Quote: (01-02-2013 03:52 AM)germanico Wrote:  

You dont have to be a fraud. Drop the mystical eroterical shit, read some Jung, and call it a "psychoanalytical tool, a way to map the depths of your subconscious". From your username I would have guessed that would have been your approach to it.

But the really important thing is:

Why (and how) are you getting women to buy things for you from a wishlist?

after an evening of scouring the internet I added a few decks of Tarot Cards to my Amazon Wish list. Less than a week later, a woman bought me a deck.

Check out Pimp Game, Picking Up Strippers, The Fun Way!, Weaponized: Add Cold Reading to your arsenal! and Tarot Game.

Simply genius.

Palm Reading and Astrology >> tarot

I took it one step further and made things difficult for anyone with even a passing knowledge of Tarot (because thats still more than I have) to contradict me with facts. I am using an odd deck that I can have even more broad definitions with than a traditional deck. It’s not Thoth or Rider-Waite:

http://www.free-press-release.com/news-d...79333.html

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php...366&page=3

You’ll enjoy these two articles as well:

My Psychic Adventure
by Kari Coleman
http://www.randi.org/swift/current/psychic.html

Psychic for a Day: How I Learned Tarot Cards, Palm Reading,
Astrology, and Mediumship in 24 Hours
By Michael Shermer
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRela...chic2.html

Quote: (01-03-2013 02:06 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Simply genius.

How do you avoid giggling?

Quote: (01-04-2013 01:15 AM)Randolph O. Coote Wrote:  

How do you avoid giggling?

You mean, how to keep yourself from giggling?

Dude, if you cant keep a straight face, cold readings are not your thing. You have to be dead on serious to pull it off. You are not bullshitting, you are not lying, you are telling the TRUTH. Its the truth because you are saying SO.

When I was a kid I used to do tarot readings on AOL. A friend bet me I couldn't persuade people I was a master tarot reader. I didnt know a thing about Tarrot, and I didnt even have a deck, so I just made stuff up. Its just like the article above said, take some general statement and say it definitively, and women will believe it. Like, “You have a strong personality, nut sometimes you wonder how others perceive you.“
What you say doesnt matter, as long as you say it convincingly.

Within a few weeks I had a reputation as a skilled tarot reader, and I started getting messages from women (It was all women, never men.) asking for readings even when I wasn't in the chat room. I got scared and qjit soon after. They were asking me things like, “should I abort my baby?“ and “Should I divorce my husband?“
Scary, scary shit for a seventh grader.

Years ago I had a friend who used to do tarot readings for some sort of Psychic call-in service. He said the worst customers were the "Doees". They would ask: "My boyfriend beat me up, steal mah money, runoff with another woman, but doee love me?".
And he did a reading for a lady who was ripping off older men by "friending" them to get access to their cash. She wanted to know if she'd continue to be successful. He did a reading and told her "Yes, it says positive, you disgusting piece of shit."

Great post OP, I really want to give this a try. It plays so well into the non-rational emotional female nature. I've read that 90% of women believe in astrology, while 90% of men disbelieve it. In my experience, even very intelligent and well educated women believe in all sorts of occult foolishness, so why not take advantage of that to get access to their pussies?

Cold reading is a game technique I haven't worked on much, but the little experimentation I've done with it convinces me it is powerful

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Cold reading is a game technique I haven't worked on much, but the little experimentation I've done with it convinces me it is powerful

Cold reading is cool but if you can couple it with a chick's magical thinking, which the OP talked about above, it's brilliant. Do you remember the slogan from that old X-Files show in the 90s? "I want to believe." Women are like that. Also, everyone, not just women, LOVES hearing about themselves. So if you tell them something about their personality, they will do everything they can to make it fit. The key is to include one good thing and one slightly negative thing, (though not too negative), to make it more believable and get over that last hump of resistance.

This link talks about the Forner effect, which is what's at play here. Read this and remember it, as well as a few lines from the example, and you'll be all set.

That link also includes a story that illustrates how much bullshit all this is.

For example, astrology is based largely on personality assessment. People believe it works because they believe the assessments offered by astrology are reasonably accurate. However another well-known experiment showed otherwise: In 1979 French statistician Michel Gauquelin asked 150 people to rate a horoscope reading for how accurately it described their character. 94% rated the horoscope as accurate. The horoscope readings were fake—all 150 people had been given the horoscope of a serial killer named Marcel Petiot.

That's right. 94% of horoscope readers said their personality was identical to that of a serial killer.

Here's a Roissy post i found on cold reading: http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/01/2...on-tactic/

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Michel Gauquelin was a hustler extraordinaire! Not even well educated skeptics could completely punch a hole in the Bullshit that ever con-man worth his salt can see a mile away!

Quote: (01-06-2013 01:48 PM)Faust Wrote:  

Cold reading is cool but if you can couple it with a chick's magical thinking, which the OP talked about above, it's brilliant. Do you remember the slogan from that old X-Files show in the 90s? "I want to believe." Women are like that. Also, everyone, not just women, LOVES hearing about themselves. So if you tell them something about their personality, they will do everything they can to make it fit. The key is to include one good thing and one slightly negative thing, (though not too negative), to make it more believable and get over that last hump of resistance.

This link talks about the Forner effect, which is what's at play here. Read this and remember it, as well as a few lines from the example, and you'll be all set.

That link also includes a story that illustrates how much bullshit all this is.

For example, astrology is based largely on personality assessment. People believe it works because they believe the assessments offered by astrology are reasonably accurate. However another well-known experiment showed otherwise: In 1979 French statistician Michel Gauquelin asked 150 people to rate a horoscope reading for how accurately it described their character. 94% rated the horoscope as accurate. The horoscope readings were fake—all 150 people had been given the horoscope of a serial killer named Marcel Petiot.

That's right. 94% of horoscope readers said their personality was identical to that of a serial killer.

Love that stuff. You can tie human psychology and Eastern philosophy together to make a magical experience for the girl. Seriously, as much as a committed nonbeliever as I am, Eastern philosophy really has some awesome insights about the human condition. The mechanisms are wrong, but it's still a reflection of our nature.

I'm going to dive deep into this again. I've been thinking about how to connect with young girls (18-19) and I think I've become to rational. I am going to practice my bullshitting again!

"We've really gotten out of touch with our nature."
"Much the ancient wisdom has been lost as we've gained more technological knowledge."
"That's why our modern world is in so much conflict."

Shift to:

"All the anger comes from fear and insecurity/"
"How sex is natural and it used to be seen as natural, good and pleasurable."
"Now we have war of the sexes, while they used to think of Yin and Yang."

Shift to how society tries to control sexuality, especially female sexuality.

"Women are extremely sexual creatures, when YOU feel safe."
"Two naked people, doing what they enjoy..."

Shift to our primal nature: pulling her hair, hold her neck, bite her neck, smelling her.

Say you believe that when we peel away all the layers society has forced upon us, two people in their natural state, can connect and look into each other's souls and know each other.

Sit close and look into each other's eyes for a while, then do a cold read. And make out. And smash.

Is this weekend when you’re getting back into the fine art of bullshitting again?!

Quote: (01-06-2013 03:27 PM)sixsix Wrote:  

I'm going to dive deep into this again. I've been thinking about how to connect with young girls (18-19) and I think I've become to rational. I am going to practice my bullshitting again!

Kwisatz: Nice write-up. I can already see how effective this must be. Another tool in the toolbox.

sixsix: I tip my hat to you, too. Great job describing the transitions, and lines to accompany each 'phase' before the bang.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I LOVE TAROT. So seriously though do you guys like perosnally believe tarot? Have u had any predictions that actually turned out in real life?? Im VERY curious to know so anyone let me know