rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Top 10 (weed) strains of 2012

From the SF Chronic Blog:

http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth/201...2/#9114-10

An unofficial list of the top 10 strains of 2012, to give all the buddha smokers out there an idea of the bomb that we got out here in California. I would agree with the list for the most part, but there are so many different varietals it's hard to diffinitively say what's the "best", opinions will vary.

I will say OG Kush is truly legendary, I remember first hearing about it from a guy from LA who was staying at my hostel in Amsterdam, I was skeptical of his hype, saying it was better than anything from Amsterdam. About 7 years later when Kush hit NorCal I got to see that the hype was legit. For anyone out there who can get your hands on some OG I recommend it, even if the price is insane.

Girl Scout Cookies looks to be the next it strain, possibly overtaking OG as the most highly regarded, sought after and expensive strain. It looks beautiful, smells and tastes amazing, but will get you retardedly high to a comotose state, whereas I like the more uplifting stimulating highs.

Ha! I am at my buddies house and he is smoking #1 OG Kush right now.

I'm quite satisfied with the stuff I'm getting at the moment. If I don't want to get quite as blazed, I just roll a smaller joint, but this shit can quite easily put me in a chair for the rest of the night if I have enough.

If I lived in California I'd definitely get a medical card. I was listening to a Joe Rogan podcast a while back and he was talking about medical conventions, where doctors compete on price to write precriptions - some as low as $35 for the recommendation. Said you can get it for just about anything, even joked that docs would prescribe it for an ingrown toenail.

Keep smoking, California.

EDIT: Anytime you're bored search YouTube for herb documentaries. Lots of good stuff.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Honestly, the best of doesnt matter anymore to me. Weed used to be mediocre and getting good weed was a hassle/problem. Now its everywhere in CA.

I can do bowls on bowls on bowls all night and be ok. But this was another level.

The best that I have had is in SF. It was a weed dipped in honey hash, sprinkled w/kief and had some wax-melt on it. 1- mini hit gave me a massive headrush and i was blasted for a good 2-3 hours.

Honestly, heres my view on it...Smoke the minimal level of weed that you need to get stoned and dont do bowls on bowls and walk up the ladder of escalation.

If you smoke top-shelf, mid-shelf wont get you high anymore. If you smoke enough top-shelf all the time, the high lasts only 5-10 mins. If you start smoking wax regularly, nothing else will get you toasted.

Make sure to take your Tolerance breaks.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Personally hate OG kush, they make me sleepy. Prefer a sativa/indica mix 70/30 or 80/20 w/a smooth finish. This roller-coaster shit here in LA is not even pleasant to me.

A sign of bad crosses is when you finish smoking, do you have a head-ache. This indicates poor strain compability. Or at least thats how i see it.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

I haven't looked at the list yet but my old roommate had the hookup
Northern lights
Train wreck
OG kush
Bubba kush
Silver haze
And that was weekly. Blew soooo much money on weed. ECh week it seemed like something new.
We were smoking good. Not sure if the dealer was fucking with him of what but I was fucked up beyond recognition many nights two years ago. I used to think the shit we smoked was laced.

A little corn every now and then was ok with me!

I feel high just watching that

EDIT: Found this too. Dayum.

OG, thanks for making me crave good bud! I've been in Thailand now for almost two months and after buying the bunk they have here I just decided to give it up all together for now (the threat of being thrown in a Thai slammer put me off it too), its the worst shit I've ever smoked.

It looks like California has over taken British Columbia, Canada (home of the infamous BC bud) as the weed capital of North America but from what I hear, you guys pay a pretty penny for quality green down there. Can any of you shed light on this? In western Canada (Alberta and BC) an ounce usually goes for about $180-220, for AAA.

Best weed documentary I've see is about BC bud, called "the Union"

I have been hearing about this Canadian stuff everywhere here in Montreal.

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."

Coming out of Cali, I expected this list to consist of 10 different Kush variations [Image: icon_mrgreen.gif]

@scotian you can score some decent weed in Thailand. Some great nepalese hash around too. But yeah the crazy laws take away from the fun.

Yup the weed in Thailand is absolutely horrendous, I heard that it used to be good in the 70's, but considering how bad it is current times I find it hard to believe. If you want to smoke decent weed in SEA you got to go to Laos, there is pretty good weed to be smoked in Laos, and the stuff that doesn't look that great there is still pretty potent just not cured properly. When I was in Vang Vieng I got a bag that actually had crystally lime green buds with yellow hairs.

I'd say for sure California has overtaken B.C. and Amsterdam as having the best quality in the world, although I am sure B.C. and Amsterdam still rock as well. The difference is the breeders and quality of genetics out here. It's all about the strains braj! The market is always looking for that next "IT" strain so breeders are always pushing the limits trying to create that next big thing (which is currently "girl scout cookies"). Also, we got purple weed and I'm talking real purple, shit that people in other countries couldn't conjure up even in their dreams. No chemical dyed shit, I'm talking genetically purple, that has the color and the smell and taste to go with it. [Image: icon_mrgreen.gif]

As far as prices go, it's all about where you live at and who you know. NorCal has significantly lower prices than SoCal I'd say the average price of an oz of really dank in NorCal is probably around $180-200, but if you know the right person(s) it could be had for lower, maybe around $150-170. Also, if you don't know the right people and go to a medical club they will tax you, their product is usually always great, but you're paying retail prices and usually get no price break when you get more quantity.

You can buy a pound of good outdoor all over Northern Cali right now for $1,000-$1,500. Harvest wasn't that long ago and the market is saturated. Lots of NorCal farmers need cash, so will get rid of shit crazy cheap. If you go to a cannabis club, the price will be much higher.

I bought a QP of sticky indoor in SF for 650. Split 1/2 w/a friend. 2 Os lasted me 2 months. Heard of Ps of top-top for 1.8k.

@RioNomad- Somebody gave me 1/2Oz of outdoor for free, because it was so plentiful. The quality was a little lower than indoor imo. The buds didnt have that glazed crystally look typical of top-shelf indoors. Rolled my first 7-gram cone joint w/this stuff. Haha, had to use 4 king-size raw paper, then triple wrap the joint for support....so much paper.

Damn, that's cheap as hell. My boy was telling me the prices he pays in LA and it's the exact same as down here. I don't even like smoking as much as I used to. I get to lazy when I'm always high. I'm fixing to get me a nice glass bong and just hit it before I step outside and do what I gotta do. Keep the pipe in the car.

Quote:Quote:

I don't even like smoking as much as I used to. I get to lazy when I'm always high.

I was high almost every day from the age of 15 to 28-29, I'm 30 now. I always thought I would be a stoner for life but I have to say that within the past year or two, it has really lost its luster for me. I'm just too busy with working two jobs and going to culinary school. I don't have time to smoke anymore.

In the past year I've been high maybe 2 or 3 times. But it is nice to be able to take a hit of dirt weed and be stoned out of my mind for a couple hours. I have no tolerance anymore.

I always preferred vaping to smoking because it is better on the lungs and it really does conserve weed. I used a digital Volcano.

Quote: (01-02-2013 02:18 PM)Farmageddon Wrote:  

I don't even like smoking as much as I used to. I get to lazy when I'm always high.

I was high almost every day from the age of 15 to 28-29, I'm 30 now. I always thought I would be a stoner for life but I have to say that within the past year or two, it has really lost its luster for me. I'm just too busy with working two jobs and going to culinary school. I don't have time to smoke anymore.

In the past year I've been high maybe 2 or 3 times. But it is nice to be able to take a hit of dirt weed and be stoned out of my mind for a couple hours. I have no tolerance anymore.

I always preferred vaping to smoking because it is better on the lungs and it really does conserve weed. I used a digital Volcano.

Ha that sounds so familiar. Been a daily smoker for about 14 years but now a week clean. Working two jobs and I feel the smoking is fucking with my productivity. Also use a Volcano Digit [Image: wink.gif]

my homie looks at me like I lost my mind as I was the biggest pothead he knew. But it kinda lost its appeal for me atm.

So what are the penalties for you guys if you get busted with green?

Here in Ohio possession of under 100 grams = $100 fine, under 200 grams = $200 fine. More than 200 grams = trip to jail. Possession of paraphernalia = $500 fine, I think.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Yeah, I don't know how the hell people can hold down jobs and lead a healthy life while being a hardcore smoker. I just end up forgetting to do shit and being lazy. Nothing wrong with smoking some when you get off work and wanna relax though. I don't the exact laws here but it's harsh. That's why I always

@ houston- heres a good site for decent, inexpensive water-pipes/etc. I like a double-perc w/ash-catcher and ice-notch. Triple perc is too clean and a hassle to clean, Single perc is too harsh... http://www.bongoutlet.ca/index.html?osCsi...d7792c386.

I have heard good things about the honeycomb design, but never tried it.

Everything here is 1/3 to 1/2 normal prices in headshops. Maybe even more if you are in a non-green friendly area.

@woot- the problem w/the vape is its too clean. You get so mellow that you just bake and bake and bake and stay high for hours and hours. A lot of ppl who use the vape have that glassy eyes and just plain aren't in that proper mental space. I prefer the bong for a quick 1 hr blast-off and return to normality.

[Image: pure_glass_3.jpg]

This was mine, but I had an ash-catcher add-on....broke it when cleaning. =/.

DVY - What should I look for when choosing a piece? I found a cool place that blows their own shit, has been around for a while and actually has workers who know what t hey're talking about. I went in there and told them I don't want to spend more than $100 and they were showing me a shelf full of foot high water pipes. The guy was explaining these new school bongs....ash catcher is self explanatory, catches the ash so it wont get sucked down in the water. Ice notch holds the ice to cool your hits so they're smoother. I don't know what percs are.

I just don't feel comfortable ordering glass online in case it breaks on the way here. I wonder if I would get a better quality piece ordering somewhere online than in person. This is the place if you wanna check out the work...
http://bcsmokeshop.com/

I just don't feel comfortable ordering glass online in case it breaks on the way here. I wonder if I would get a better quality piece ordering somewhere online than in person. This is the place if you wanna check out the work...
http://bcsmokeshop.com/

I was friends with the guy who opened BC Smoke Shop, George, before he sold the Houston location to his cousin and moved to Austin. They have always had the highest quality glassware anywhere in Houston.

A percolator means there are little holes at the bottom of the stem of the bong to make the hit smoother. I think the theory is that it breaks up the smoke into smaller bubbles and they filter through the water more efficiently. I used to have a Roor bong with a normal stem and a percolated stem and the hit was much smoother with the percolator. It's worth the twenty extra bucks.

@houston- its a non-issue. Inspect the bong when it arrives, if there are any cracks immediately send a picture and email. Theyll replace it.

If you want a piece to just smoke in your car, get a smaller GLASS bong like 8". Its gonna run about 30-40 bucks on that site. Glass is key, no acrylic or plastic. You dont want that shit in your lungs, period.

For recon, go to the headshops and ask prices. Go try out your friends pieces.

Honestly, a double-percolation (means double filtration aka 2 levels of water). If a regular bong has one chamber of water, the double-percolation has two layers, triple- 3, and so on.

In short, more percolation= more filtration, but more hassle to fill up w/water, clean up, etc.

@Farmagedon- the site sells diffused downstems for 7-8 buxs (normal is 25+). This is a detachable downstem for glass on glass pieces that has little holes at the the end of the downstem. The ultimate setup is a ash-catcher,pre-cooler, diffused downstem, then double or triple-perc, w/ice notch. Its over-kill imo, but a lot of people liken it to smoking a vape. The bong hits are milky and clean and just as smooth as the vape.

The theory is that smaller bubbles(more surface area/volume) get cooled faster by surrounding water than big bubbles. Double filtration(percolation) means double the time in water and less toxins to your lungs.

I wrote what I should look for in the ultimate bong and went to the shop the other day. All the entry level bongs with those features are from the company ZOB. They include the perculators in the main chamber, diffused down stem (with the holes at the end of it), and ice notch. They were around $220! One had 4 percs in the middle with a beaker base and the other 8 with a skinny, tube base. They look beautiful but I don't know if I'd be getting ripped off or if that company's worth it.

I don't know if I'm getting some of the terms mixed up. I can send someone close up pictures of 2 different ones. To big of a file to upload on here.