rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

1000dollars where to retire/live?
000dollars where to retire/live?
this could be a retirement thread but i am curios where one could live comfortably for 1000 usd. i understand people could pull it off even in western countries but where can you pay 200 or less in rent with little visa problems and the rest go to food and partiies?

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste
in my experience mexico is doable if you do to cities with under 300k

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste
Quote: (01-01-2013 03:53 PM)bacon Wrote:  

this could be a retirement thread but i am curios where one could live comfortably for 1000 usd. i understand people could pull it off even in western countries but where can you pay 200 or less in rent with little visa problems and the rest go to food and partiies?

I guess it's that time of the week....

You should specify the quality of life you want.
- amount of personal
- amount of political stability
- rural, suburban, urban
- health care
- access to food
- ability to travel within the country, and outside of the country
- internet access, telecommunications
- electricity

et cetera

WIA
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-13168.html

My thread on this.
Quote: (01-01-2013 04:39 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Quote: (01-01-2013 03:53 PM)bacon Wrote:  

I guess it's that time of the week....

You should specify the quality of life you want.
- amount of personal
- amount of political stability
- rural, suburban, urban
- health care
- access to food
- ability to travel within the country, and outside of the country
- internet access, telecommunications
- electricity

et cetera

WIA
time of the week? dude i live abroad. i just want to here about fellow expats lifestyles abroad

In western countries its easy to pull of if you are old, because gov't gives food stamps , helps with energy and rent payments and free medical. Poor do not retire overseas , its the working middle class that does.
In Ukraine, if you was able to get a visa. Its not easy anymore, you need to marry a local. of course in any overseas retirement you need emergency fund, to take care of medical issues etc.
Breakdown of expenses in a small provincial city.
rent-200, heating should be include but it depends.
food-150
electric bill- almost nothing. seriously its like 3 cents per kw. You can survive without ac.
fast speed internet and phone- 15 dollars , if you go to a city with many providers. 15 mb or higher speed we are talking.(in odessa i had 50 mb speed $11
cell phone- 5 dollars a month ,if you do not go over free minutes etc.Incoming minutes are free, and if you have LIFE you can talk free to other members.
if you want some english tv channels you can pay like 10 dollars a month but you will need to buy a sat dish.(discovery, nat geo, sci fi ch)
Thats it!
How often you take buses or go out is individually dependent. I think buses are 20 cents.
You can apply for residency in Uruguay with proof of $500.00 income per month.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.
This wandering earl guy wrote a post with the number:

Live abroad for less than 1000

I don't know how fun India would be though. I think I have my sights set on South America or SEA.
Quote: (01-01-2013 11:13 PM)NFallin Wrote:  

I don't know how fun India would be though. I think I have my sights set on South America or SEA.

India is the best [Image: tard.gif]
Take a look at the thread I started. My plan is to live on $500/month, not sure if I'll be able to do it yet but it's a hell lot less than $1000.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-15998.html
Quote:Quote:

Thailand – When I spent a stretch of time teaching English in the northern city of Chiang Mai, I shared an apartment with a friend of mine. I believe we paid about $200 USD each for our seventh floor pad that had a clear view to the beautiful Doi Suthep mountain behind the city. We ate all of our meals out (most of them at a random place called “Mr. Smiley’s” that was indeed owned by the happiest person on Earth), took frequent day and overnight trips all around northern Thailand, enjoyed daily foot massages and again, never paid much attention to how much we were spending. In the end, I had an incredibly rewarding, fun-filled experience for approximately $500 per month. And if you’re yet to be convinced that living in paradise doesn’t have to be expensive, just last year I spent a month on the absolutely perfect Thai island of Koh Mak, where a simple but super-comfortable beachfront bungalow set me back only $300 for four weeks!

Calling bullshit on this. Not saying it isn't possible, but zero chance in hell that he "took frequent day and overnight trips all around northern Thailand, enjoyed daily foot massages and again, never paid much attention to how much we were spending. In the end, I had an incredibly rewarding, fun-filled experience for approximately $500 per month."

If he payed $200 for rent, that leaves him with $300 for the rest of the month. You CAN live on that, but you are definitely not having no "fun-filled experience" and not watching your budget. I lived in Chiang Mai for 3 months, I know.

If he at 3, 30 baht meals a day (which would leave him looking like Mick Jagger after a month long heroine binge) and a daily foot massage, he is spending roughly 200 baht a day. That is 6000 baht a month, or $200. So that leaves him with $100 for the month. Which includes "frequent day and overnight trips all around northern Thailand", not to mention little shit that adds up like tooth paste, new pair of socks, a hair cut, soap, beer, an extra 30 baht meal so he doesn't die of starvation, etc.

You can live a ok lifestyle in Thailand for $1,000 a month, but trust me, you want at least $1,500. If you are serious about retiring on $1,000 a month, I would say you should find a way to earn an extra $500 a month. You will be much happier.
Quote: (01-01-2013 05:55 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

Is that it?

Nothing else?
$1,000 a month breakdown would be something like:

$500 for rent
$250 food
$100 transportation (bus/taxi)
$150 entertainment/other expenses

First hand I have seen that it is possible in Mexico and Peru.

Based on a quick search it should be possible in: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Georgia, Guatemala, Latvia, Lithuania, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Ukraine, Venezuela and Vietnam. I also missed several countries that will likely work as well.

In some places, you will have to avoid the larger cities where things are often more expensive and in some cases you will have to make adjustments in your lifestyle.
Quote: (01-02-2013 04:24 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Is that it?

Nothing else?

I haven't done full research so I can't say for sure, but that seems to be the basic threshold for getting your foot in the door.

I've been doing research on Uruguay, the county looks beautiful, but the women appear quite plain, and they have one of the highest incarceration rates in the world - though their crime is not on par with the rest of South America.

Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.
Quote: (01-02-2013 04:24 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Is that it?

Nothing else?

DR is very doable on $1,000/mo - but not in tourist areas. 2-3 bedroom place can be found for 150-200, plus utilities (hydro, water, internet) about $75/mo (that's without AC though). Buy local groceries. No visa hassles, at least for now (some people live 10+ years on a tourist visa). Millions of bangable girls.
Quote: (01-01-2013 11:17 PM)Desi4Ever Wrote:  

Quote: (01-01-2013 11:13 PM)NFallin Wrote:  

India is the best [Image: tard.gif]

Quickest ban ever: in just 4 words.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.
Quote: (01-02-2013 06:39 PM)username Wrote:  

$1,000 a month breakdown would be something like:

$500 for rent
$250 food
$100 transportation (bus/taxi)
$150 entertainment/other expenses

First hand I have seen that it is possible in Mexico and Peru.

Based on a quick search it should be possible in: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Georgia, Guatemala, Latvia, Lithuania, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Ukraine, Venezuela and Vietnam. I also missed several countries that will likely work as well.

In some places, you will have to avoid the larger cities where things are often more expensive and in some cases you will have to make adjustments in your lifestyle.
Not possible in croatia, poland or portugal imo, all EU countries (croatia in july 2013)

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos
Places I have been where I know for certain the $1000 a month is possible:

Belarus - Can be done in provincial towns like Gomel,difficult in Minsk.
Kyrgyzstan - If you were not out partying every night then highly possible.
Georgia - Can be done but limiting lifestyle
Abkhazia - Easy but women are hard to game.
Transdniester - Yeah you could pull it off. Good looking women.
India - Yup but you'd have to target foreigners as Indian women for the most part unavailable.
Pakistan - Fuck that shit. Stay home.
Cambodia - You'd bang a lot of women. Read Skywalker's book for an idea of what is possible.
Indonesia - Hit an island off the tourist trail and a grand is easy.

I would say though that $1000 whilst possible is very limiting in all these places. $1500 is a much better figure that would allow a much better lifestyle of partying and banging. If I had a $1000 budget I'd get a GF when I arrived in the location and save money by not going out partying so much to game. Defeats the object though.
Quote: (01-03-2013 06:42 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

India - Yup but you'd have to target foreigners as Indian women for the most part unavailable.
Cambodia - You'd bang a lot of women. Read Skywalker's book for an idea of what is possible.

I would say though that $1000 whilst possible is very limiting in all these places. $1500 is a much better figure that would allow a much better lifestyle of partying and banging. If I had a $1000 budget I'd get a GF when I arrived in the location and save money by not going out partying so much to game. Defeats the object though.

Cambodia is not for beginners. Now that i'm reading Naughty Nomads book and i'm contemplating my own experiences there, I was lucky to make it out alive.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

Quote: (01-03-2013 02:15 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Cambodia is not for beginners. Now that i'm reading Naughty Nomads book and i'm contemplating my own experiences there, I was lucky to make it out alive.

Does your book have a sizable portion dedicated to your Cambodian adventures?

Quote: (01-03-2013 02:17 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-03-2013 02:15 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Does your book have a sizable portion dedicated to your Cambodian adventures?

Yes, I just counted about 40 pages about Cambodia.

The Greatest Newspaper In The World, aka the Daily Mail, yesterday had an article on this exact issue.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...s-sun.html

Nicaragua: $995/ £609 per month
Malaysia: $1,000 / £612 per month
Ecuador: $1,415/ £867 per month
Panama: $1,865 / £1,142 per month
Mexico: $2,129/ £1,304 per month

Of the five, Malaysia looks the most tempting.
^ I wonder how many RVFers have hit up Mexico since the the huge outbreak of violence some years ago.

I hear it's still reasonably safe if you stay out of northern border towns.

Quote: (01-03-2013 03:17 PM)Rex Wrote:  

The Greatest Newspaper In The World, aka the Daily Mail, yesterday had an article on this exact issue.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...s-sun.html

Nicaragua: $995/ £609 per month
Malaysia: $1,000 / £612 per month
Ecuador: $1,415/ £867 per month
Panama: $1,865 / £1,142 per month
Mexico: $2,129/ £1,304 per month

Of the five, Malaysia looks the most tempting.

I just read the article. Those numbers are based on a (retired) couple so for for one person alone things will be even cheaper.
In Ecuador I spend about 30 dollars a day living on the cheap but still had my own room (7 dollars) ate out (about 3 meals=7 dollars) and spend the rest in the club and two taxi rides (combined about 15/16 dollar) Beer is a dollar in a club.

Malaysia is a Muslim country and alcohol is not cheap (excluded a few tax free zones) It is beautiful though and the people are friendly.

Numbers on Panama and Mexico are disappointing. Never expected them that high.

Quote: (01-03-2013 04:40 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Numbers on Panama and Mexico are disappointing. Never expected them that high.

No doubt. I actually live cheaper in the U.S. than the figures listed for Panama and Mexico.