rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bolivian Visa

Bolivian Visa

How much of a hassle is it to get this at the border? I'm a dumbass and didn't even know about visas until recently. Not sure if I have enough time to get one before I go. I'm worried they won't send it back to me in time.

Bolivian Visa

They only charged me for mine on the way out. And they only charged half the price for some reason, so it was only $70. He explained why but my Spanish wasn't good enough to understand, but he was basically saying don't let anyone know I only paid half.

Bolivian Visa

$70 to get into bolivia? They should be paying us.

Bolivian Visa

http://www.bolivia-usa.org/consulares/co...nglish.htm

You can get it at the border. Have exactly $135 US cash, Copy of the hotel reservation (can be fake), Round trip ticket or copy of travel itinerary (can be fake), copy of a bank statement or copy of a credit card, Copy of yellow fever vaccination certificate, and a full color passport size picture.

I crossed from the Argentina border, filled out my application there, and got the visa minutes later.

Bolivian Visa

Yeah you can get it at the airport or the border. If you have time do it here in DC first though.

I just got back from Bolivia and I did not need the Yellow fever vaccination. If you stay in La Paz or Cochabamba, you do not need it. If you go to Chapari or to Santa Cruz (Where the best women are at) or anywhere else where this is jungle, you will need this vaccination. I got mine done while I was there for about $10. If you get it done here its like $70 or more.

Bolivian Visa

The situation changes all the time in Bolivia. You are better off checking the Lonely Planet forum since the info there seems to be the most current. When I went there in the Winter of '08, I paid $135 at the border crossing close to Copacabana. They were being very strict about having the Yellow fever vaccination.

Bolivian Visa

Yes exactly...if you are anywhere near the jungle or otherwise anywhere near the border of Paraguay or Brazil then you will need that vacccination. I did not need it in La Paz or Cochabamba.