rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How Was Your 2012?

How Was Your 2012?

Gentlemen, it's that time of year. How was your 2012?

A year ago, what were your plans?

Where did you expect to be by this time?

What have you in fact achieved? What are you most proud of? What is your success rate based on the original goals? What adjustments did you make and why?

What will you do better next year?

Remember, sharing is caring. Perhaps you learnt something profound that has yet to be shared on this thread?

I'll give my own update in a couple of days. Am cramming for a final the day after tomorrow.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

How Was Your 2012?

Goals: Become a player, learn more about game, be more alpha, get a stronger social circle.

Achievments. I fucked a couple of girls, kissed with a lot, in a short period of time, before i got my girlfriend, solid 8, that im still with. I have learned alot about game, i feel that almost no girls are "out of my league" anymore, my social circle is very strong, im one of the most known at my school. I feel alpha too. When me and my girlfriend is not together in the future, i think i can fuck alot of pretty girls (social proof also) plus that i got alot of funny sexual experiences. (fucked same girl as my big brother, sex at my school, sex in tanning bed). I think i have had a pretty good year

How Was Your 2012?

2012 is the best year I've ever had. Period.

Started stronglifts. I'm in better shape than I've ever been in.

Got a job where I make more money than I've ever made. Got a cash scam on the side. Got myself out of debt, got a new-ish car, upgraded my wardrobe significantly.

Game has gotten tighter, met several forum members.

I did okay with banging chicks. Didn't bang any exceptionally hot women this year (last year was much better for some reason, but quantity was more this year)

I don't remember what my goals were at the beginning of the year. I probably didn't set any. January of this year was not a great time for me, but starting in May things started to get pretty awesome.

My goal for next year is definitely a trip to either EE or SEA. Continue stronglifts and see how far I can take things. Build up more cash in the bank. That's really it. Travel, fitness, money. Maybe it's because I'm in my 30s now, but I really just don't give that much of a fuck about women. The effort vs. reward is not fulfilling to me whatsoever. Whereas the effort vs reward with fitness is unbelievably fulfilling. I'd rather get amped up for bitches when I'm in foreign lands.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

How Was Your 2012?

Good stuff! Keep it coming!

Also, if it's not too shameful or incriminating, share some statistics or key-figures that quanitify what's going on in your life. Nothing like a good statistic to make yourself feel good.

How Was Your 2012?

Was going great until the last two days which would make some people jump off a bridge. Sorry I don't feel comfortable elaborating.

Time to rethink, replan, regroup, and deliver in 2013.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

How Was Your 2012?

From this thread: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-9803.html

Quote: (01-22-2012 02:06 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

- deadlift 405, squat 315, bench press/row 175, overhead press 135. im well on my way with a 315d/l, 250 squat 140 row
- 12 new notches (minimum)
- pick somewhere other than my hometown to live during the summer
- bodyfat <15%
- read 50 books

I'm short on the lifting goals. 365dl (probably more), 315 squat (barely passable depth/form), bp is still shit and my row form was fucky but I could probably strict row 175
- lived in the big city for the summer
- I have 2 solid prospects to bang in the next few weeks so depending on what happens probably 10 notches.
- bf is probably hovering around 20% haven't really had a reliable measurement, but I can see way more musculature I just have love handles/a bit of bump on my lower abs (I can see the outline of a 6 pack which is fucked)
- outside of school I read maybe 10 books.

In short I'm fucking lazy and don't keep track of my progress. That being said I took advantage of that having a bunch of mini-relationships/fuck buddies so I never went more than a few days without some poosy. I've learned a lot more about lifting and am set on fixing glaring errors in my form. My game has gone from repeating what others have done to more of a concrete mindset which has helped me get laid and create my own methods for gaming. I really don't approach all that much. I had a few bangs from online, a few from night game, one from cold approach day game. I doubt I had even 100 solid approaches that weren't me bitching out after asking "whens the bus" or me drunkenly saying something to a chick then walking off. Probably got <25 numbers that weren't social/study related. I've been banging down with these girls, most were average looking with one very hot girl and another that would make dudes go full beta. I have begun to be less ignorant of my looks, height and attitude/game. Back in the day I would always get interest with girls but would tell myself I was being stupid and they didn't want to bang. Part of the reason why I'm banging mostly average girls is that they threw themselves at me and I capitalized on their VERY overt signals. I'm starting the new year off in a new logistically superior place and I have an interview with a model agency in the first week of January. (They'll probably tell me I'm fat or something) 2013 will be the year of "i'm a good looking guy and I'm going to get shredded, do interesting things and bang the hottest girls I encounter"

How Was Your 2012?

Quote: (12-18-2012 05:46 PM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

Was going great until the last two days which would make some people jump off a bridge. Sorry I don't feel comfortable elaborating.

Time to rethink, replan, regroup, and deliver in 2013.

Hope you'll feel better soon. It'd be great to hear some more stuff. I have a few major downers of my own, which I will elaborate on later.

People often forget that setbacks are as natural a part of progress as success. It's especially from the most scarring experiences we learn the most.

How Was Your 2012?

Quote: (12-18-2012 05:16 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

2012 is the best year I've ever had. Period.

Started stronglifts. I'm in better shape than I've ever been in.

Got a job where I make more money than I've ever made. Got a cash scam on the side. Got myself out of debt, got a new-ish car, upgraded my wardrobe significantly.

Game has gotten tighter, met several forum members.

I did okay with banging chicks. Didn't bang any exceptionally hot women this year (last year was much better for some reason, but quantity was more this year)

I don't remember what my goals were at the beginning of the year. I probably didn't set any. January of this year was not a great time for me, but starting in May things started to get pretty awesome.

This is my number 1 goal for 2013.
I'm moving home and just started a new job. Going to live at home for most of the year to try and pay off most of my debt, save up for a house, and save up for a trip to Colombia.

How Was Your 2012?

Quote: (12-18-2012 07:32 PM)txtraveler Wrote:  

I'm moving home and just started a new job. Going to live at home for most of the year to try and pay off most of my debt, save up for a house, and save up for a trip to Columbia.

Columbia University?

How Was Your 2012?

Here's a rant:

In 2011 I did not really set goals for this year.

But exactly one year ago, I was finishing my first year at the University, working as a waiter to save money, and trying to plan a big trip somewhere. I was also doing Starting Strength and getting semi-decent results.

Pussy-wise, nothing great was on my map: a few new prospects with some of the waiters, social circle, and a fuck-buddy. Last year was the first I was reading Roosh and the Forum and allowing the advices to change my behavior, so it really was the dawn of a new person.

As a waiter, I was disciplined and managed to save a couple thousand dollars and in April I set on a backpacking trip alone, which lasted for about 3,5 months, from Lisbon to Budapest. I tried always going off the beaten path, always trying smaller cities and places I knew few people would have been to.

As a result, I met many locals, and had a wonderful time. The trip was amazing in a very deep way, and it really altered the way I see the world, behave, dress, enjoy my friends and family, what I think about food, architecture, money... The most important thing, I now see, is that I was always outside of my comfort zone. I once traveled from south of France til Germany for 3 days, sleeping like 5 hours total and on the floor, with bums in a station, no shower, eating just plain bread and coffee, hitching on the road, just for the hell of it. Another time, in Zagreb, my card stopped working and I couldnt pay for shit as I had no local currency. I decided I wouldn't buy anything until my card worked again. As a result, I did not eat for 3 days, just drank water. When it actually worked, I cooked myself a feast, and eating it I felt real appreciation for something as banal as eating.

In 2012 I applied my recent game discoveries and kept learning stuff from the RVF and from the streets. This allowed me to get my very first european flag from a very sweet girl who I'm still in touch with, as well as others. Back to my home in Brazil, I feel like my range of possibilites has grown immensely. I've always been good with girls, but I've always needed time to talk to them. I'm great at talking and charming my way as an interesting guy, so it would be hard as hell for me to get girls in clubs or busy bars, where my window was only of a few seconds. Now, I feel like it is getting easier and easier.

With the help of the forum, of books and a lot of approaching and meeting new people, my vision of social circle is quite different. I've always been kind of a loner with 2 or 3 very good, realiable friends. Now I have a big social circle where I'm requested all the time and where I have people who really value me, and who I really value and trust.

As to lifting, I quit the gym for now and been doing Convict Conditioning for about 6 weeks now. I'm seeing very good results. I feel very strong, agile and limber. My body is looking more ripped each day. My shoulders are getting outlined and my lats are growing fast.

So, here's a few lessons I took from 2012 and which I hope can help you little:
- There's nothing more important in this life than to know yourself. Once you do that, you will emmanate a happiness unprecedented. I guarantee you, it can contagiate others.
- You have to push yourself, it is the only way you'll see how far you can go. Take chances, do stuff you afraid to do, go out with people you barely know, stay out until the very end of each night.
- Do good things. Be gentle to your friends and to strangers, help other people. The joy out of that is amazing.
- Everything in life has a time. Be patient.
- Work out HARD. It is so rewarding to see your body changing and people noticing, girls giving you compliments. Being physically strong makes you feel like a true MAN.
- If you want to gain weight, you have to eat more than you think is even possible. I've always thought of myself as a hard-gainer. I still think I am one, but I've been eating ungodly amounts of healthy food this year, and I've gained 10kg of muscle. I could have gained it years ago, but I never quite understood that you really had to stuff your face with food to see gains.
- Each one of us has a path we shall travel on: our lives. Your path is only yours to follow. It is not transfereable, and no one can go with you. Yes, sometimes you meet someone and the roads cross or even become parallel for some time, but soon you will be apart. It's not something that should make us angry, but rather happy that you got to know that person and to have lived a great time with them.
- Always, always, do your best. Every time you talk, every interaction, just a mere smile or handshake and you can change someone's day for better. Why not? Every single detail counts.
- Enjoy the simple stuff and ask yourself if you really enjoy the moments of happiness you are presented with. Sometimes, amongst the chaos of everything that surronds us, we forget that there is so much pleasure out of something as simple and the smell of a beautiful girl when she hugs you, or out of hearing great music.

Lastly, let me just add: us, red-pillers, see the world in an almost x-ray fashion. We are able to analise each human interaction in a peculiar way than the mass of people all around us. We have got to enjoy this as an opportunity to differentiate ourselves. This means, for example, that we can do a few sacrifices most people aren't willing to do. We can work harder than most people; we can strategically bend our desires to other people's, and gain from them a equally strategic affection. As alpha as you are, realize that doing what other people want is a great way to get what YOU want.

- End of rant.

How Was Your 2012?

Quote: (12-18-2012 07:52 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (12-18-2012 07:32 PM)txtraveler Wrote:  

I'm moving home and just started a new job. Going to live at home for most of the year to try and pay off most of my debt, save up for a house, and save up for a trip to Columbia.

Columbia University?

Fucking autocorrect.

Colombia

How Was Your 2012?

Also for 2013 I am going to go back to school and keep working toward my degree.

How Was Your 2012?

Thanks Ringo... no offense, the thread will probably be more valuable to everyone if you are brief and stick to just a few lines. You can always do a follow-up in a seperate thread

How Was Your 2012?

My year was very productive. Called it quit in the ME, then went to the DR. There I had sex with only one mediocre girl with acne, and did her English homework. Got her pregnant, then I just returned home to run away from the problem.

How Was Your 2012?

Quote: (12-18-2012 08:39 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

My year was very productive. Called it quit in the ME, then went to the DR. There I had sex with only one mediocre girl with acne, and did her English homework. Got her pregnant, then I just returned home to run away from the problem.

that's funny[Image: lol.gif][Image: lol.gif][Image: lol.gif]

How Was Your 2012?

2012 was good for me until about August. I graduated with a bachelors in february, went to DR 2 times (one in april and one in june), visited Miami then visited NYC, etc.

I had some plans I thought would be done by now but got delayed due to circumstances out of my control. I'm working on achieving my goals but have gotten confused thinking if I should continue pursuing those goals or just give up and look for a "real" job that would allow me to do all the things I want. If I follow my dreams I know it will take some time before I start making money and will have to live "broke" in the meantime.

That's my dilema.

I'm going to start setting goals for my 2013.

How Was Your 2012?

what a long strange trip it's been

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

How Was Your 2012?

Quote: (12-19-2012 12:57 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

what a long strange trip it's been

Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

How Was Your 2012?

Best year of my life,

Went to countless pool parties and regular parties in general. Went on five vacations, the best was California where I stayed for 8 days. My friends dad is the producer of a movie coming out soon. That was the best vacation.

By the third or fourth week of the semester I had quadrupled my notch count from last year (8) bad grades forced me to stop meeting girls.

Finished the semester strong but this guy offered me a job durring finals week. Now I have dropped out of college and am going to work on making a lot of money in 2013.

I havnt fucked in like two months though. Need to change that but right now not really sweating it.

How Was Your 2012?

A difficult, but extremely useful year.

In the beginning of it, I was a married blue-pill moron, looking to get into banking and set my career on track, buy a car and just do this shit.

Now I'm red-pill, working on my game, completely turned off by the office bullshit and working to set up my own business.

Will relocate in a few months as well, and look to build up solid social circle, new friends and work my way up the social ladder. And obviously, bang chicks and stay the fuck away from committed relationships. Over the year, I've realized how I want to live my life and what to do with it. The lesson was tough and expensive, but totally worth it.

How Was Your 2012?

It's been my best year too. Everything is clicking into place ready for 2013, money, girls, game have improved immensely this year. I've found 2 solid wings this year this has made a major difference in my life, we've all been aiming for the same things this year and retirement is beckoning come 2013.
In terms of girls it's been quiet since I dropped all my plates but my notch count has tripled thanks to 2012 and the red pill.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

How Was Your 2012?

Quote: (12-19-2012 04:44 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

It's been my best year too. Everything is clicking into place ready for 2013, money, girls, game have improved immensely this year. I've found 2 solid wings this year this has made a major difference in my life, we've all been aiming for the same things this year and retirement is beckoning come 2013.
In terms of girls it's been quiet since I dropped all my plates but my notch count has tripled thanks to 2012 and the red pill.

2012 was good to me. Lost my virginity earlier this year. Started making my first profits from Internet Marketing.

All the foundations were set in 2012(money and game wise). I've changed massively this year.

Next year is going to be off the charts if I keep improving as much as I did this year.

I"m 19 and just getting started[Image: banana.gif]

This is the year I'll become a major player and make a very livable income of my online ventures.

How Was Your 2012?

I will be glad to be done with 2012.

Having said that, I'm well positioned for 2013 and beyond.

How Was Your 2012?

In terms of girls, easily my best. Got double the girls this year than all my other years combined. Ill admit though that my quality could be improved. Need to step that up next year, even if it means less quantity.

In terms of fun, right up there with my best years. Did loads of travel, went out a lot, made lots of friends, did lots of cool stuff.

In terms of career/money, not good at all. Havnt progressed and blew most of my money on partying and travelling. Had a blast though so it doesnt bother me too much.

How Was Your 2012?

Girls aside, not a bad year, i love my job dealing with wines, leveling up my style with Masculine Style and getting physical with convict conditioning.

Girls - i'm in my darkest period so far, haven't fucked new pussy in over 12 months, since my ex went back to her home country. My current title of "Recovering Beta" fits me like a glove. I am jaded when it comes to women after going through Roissy, Rational Male and such gems on this forum like Sigh...they really are all sluts aren't they?.

I'm hoping my Xmas/NYE trip to Melbourne, Australia will help shake things up, and meeting P Dog will be an enlightening experience. [Image: angel.gif]

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread