rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What do you guys think about an unknown guy marrying a Hollywood star?

I somehow ended up with a copy of the latest People magazine featuring Drew Barrymore and her new baby, her first child, which she had with her third husband "art consultant" Will Kopelman. Drew Barrymore is 37 years old.

I found myself pondering what it must be like to be a relatively unknown guy marrying a huge Hollywood star.

From one perspective, I think "damn, the guy must have huge confidence, because he would have to deal with his wife being surrounded pretty much 24/7 by some of the world's biggest alpha males, and only a guy with amazing self-confidence could deal with that."

From another perspective, I think, "the guy must be very lacking in self-possession, because by marrying this Hollywood star he is resigning himself to playing second-fiddle and always being considered 'someone's husband,' rather than a major player in his own right."

I don't know -- Drew Barrymore strikes me as having the personality of a very promiscuous female player (I have no idea whether she is or not), a woman whose heart will never be very invested in one man for very long. Good luck, Will Kopelman!

[Image: attachment.jpg9130]   
[Image: attachment.jpg9131]   
[Image: attachment.jpg9132]   

I don't know anything about this guy. He could come from serious money or have some other entre into elite circles.

If he's really just a regular guy, this seems like a win-win situation. He gets an upgraded lifestyle. If it doesn't work out, he gets alimony and he still has whatever connections he made while married to her.

He's not a regular dude.

His dad Arie Koppleman was CEO of Chanel. Drew's man works as an arts consultant, whatever that means. In other words, he's rich and connected.

He has pedigree, and has a connection to show business. That's all you need. You will on occasion see guys without pedigree, but because they work in the business in some capacity, hit the jackpot.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Just one look at him and you can tell he is not a regular guy and comes from money.

She is hardly any prize, she was married to comedian (Canadian) Tom Green.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

We all know Drew Barrymore's life history. As an adult, she's always come across to me as flaky and impulsive. Quick to fall in love, get engaged and married, then decides...nevermind.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Liz Taylor was briefly married to a contruction worker.

Anyone who is an art consultant is either incredibly rich or a part-time barista at Starbucks. No in-between on this one.

Quote: (12-16-2012 03:14 PM)Humanist Wrote:  

a woman whose heart will never be very invested in one man for very long. Good luck, Will Kopelman!

*Maybe* he has the 10 inches she requires? [Image: blush.gif]

"Lifes about, shooting your load"

Quote: (12-16-2012 06:10 PM)RASER Wrote:  

Hey Raser, not to derail this thread, but I've been wondering a couple of things about this little quote of yours:

1. Where did it come from?
2. How come you don't put in a signature?
3. Do you physically type it in every one of your posts?

I'm seriously curious.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (12-16-2012 06:14 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Quote: (12-16-2012 06:10 PM)RASER Wrote:  

Hey Raser, not to derail this thread, but I've been wondering a couple of things about this little quote of yours:

1. Where did it come from?
2. How come you don't put in a signature?
3. Do you physically type it in every one of your posts?

I'm seriously curious.

Yo T, no problem, happy to reply.

1/ Its "on loan" from acquaintance in Washington State., he walks the walk so to speak, such a great punchline, i just had to have it!

2/ Don't know how to do that, still learning, & i DON'T own a smart-phone [Image: confused.gif] , & don't do facebook, twitter etc

3/ Yeap, just type it in, tis only 6 words

Cheers....&

"Lifes about, shooting your load" [Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (12-16-2012 07:16 PM)RASER Wrote:  

2/ Don't know how to do that, still learning, & i DON'T own a smart-phone [Image: confused.gif] , & don't do facebook, twitter etc

Here is how:

Step 1:
[Image: Tutorial1_zps79dfbb0c.png]

Step 2:
[Image: Tutorial2_zpsfb528a02.png]

Step 3:
[Image: Tutorial3_zps9d7ffb5f.png]

Wald

shes a slut who hit the wall a while back. He'll be divorcing her soon enough. He's rich though that much you can see

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (12-16-2012 11:14 PM)Walderschmidt Wrote:  

Here is how:

[Image: potd.gif]

Quote: (12-16-2012 11:14 PM)Walderschmidt Wrote:  

Here is how:

Step 1:
[Image: Tutorial1_zps79dfbb0c.png]

Step 2:
[Image: Tutorial2_zpsfb528a02.png]

Step 3:
[Image: Tutorial3_zps9d7ffb5f.png]

Wald

LOL!

That's gold Jerry, gold!

[Will set it up latter, thanks!]

Quote:Quote:

I found myself pondering what it must be like to be a relatively unknown guy marrying a huge Hollywood star.
Yeah I pondered that awhile back after dating a (non-famous) actress. I decided that I'd much, much rather have an equivalently hot unknown girl than a superstar. Although actresses are usually hot because they are screened for beauty as part of their profession, that doesn't always translate into in-person sexual appeal.

Although as others have noted this case in particular looks like high-status, well-connected rich dude marrying her for unknown social reasons and will likely cheat on her with fresh young tail at some point if not already (unless it's true love of course...). Looking at the pictures he certainly does not look like he's playing second-fiddle to her.

I agree that just because he's the less-famous half of the couple, it doesn't translate to second-fiddle. He may very well be happy being in the background. He's used to money and status, and does his own thing. I'm sure he's quietly confident in who he is. As long as his wife doesn't start feeling like her fame gives her some kind of power over him, he won't have a problem.

Who would not want to trade places with Mr Jessica Alba?