rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Medellin still worth it?

Medellin still worth it?

I've been hearing quite a bit about how Medellin is becoming over saturated with sex tourists and therefore the girls are less receptive to advances. I'm looking to go down in June with 2 to 3 other guys (we plan on going to Medellin, Cali, Cartagena and spend a couple of days in Bogota). I've been there before and successfully did my thing, but I was alone and I stayed with some locals who live there. This time I'm concerned that 3 or 4 black guys from the US roaming the streets will give the impression that we are there simply to hunt for ass and severely reduce our chances. Also, one of the guys that I'm going with is strictly looking for ass and nothing more. He doesn't come out and ask for it and he's not overbearing but you can tell that he's wouldn't care to speak the language, learn about the culture or anything (I'm the only one who can speak decent spanish, and I'm a salsero). I feel like it will seem like I brought a team with me to conquer as many women as possible and that it will ultimately kill my opportunities.

In any case, I agree with a previous blogger in that I'm not traveling there to get with a 6 or 7. No one needs to travel to do that. I gather from many of these posts that it would be in our best interest to go to places like Cali, Manizales, or Bogota. I feel like we won't appear as though we're sex tourists and that we'll be able to relax and game under normal circumstances. I agree that although Bogota doesn't have the weather but it is certainly full of beautiful women. I've never been to Cali or Manizales. My main questions are:

Do you guys feel like the crew I'd be going there with will send the wrong message, or decrease our chances of scoring?

What would you do, where would you go to increase your chances of landing 8 + quality chicas?

If you decided to spend significant time in Medellin, how would you do things to combat the sex tourism impression, and land quality chicas (like I said, I'm not leaving the country to get with 6's or 7's)? We're planning on renting an apartment in parque lleras.

Any tips on setting things off in Cali?

What can I do to put in work when I'm in Cali or Medellin during the week?

I realize that this is a bit much but I really value the opinions on this post, and I'd welcome any advice that could save me some time. Like I said, I've been to Bogota a few times as well as Medellin once and I've had good success there.

Thanks

Dee

Medellin still worth it?

"Do you guys feel like the crew I'd be going there with will send the wrong message, or decrease our chances of scoring?"

Traveling in a crew of 4 or more is always tricky. For many reasons.

The thing you can always do is break up the group, or roll Dolo.

I wouldn't worry about the sex tourist thing too much, especially since you speak spanish and can dance salsa. Those two things should separate yourself from the pack.

Medellin still worth it?

They will get that impression if you guys don't speak spanish and aren't staying for more than a week or two. In that case I doubt you'll be able to get better than mediocre women.

Medellin still worth it?

Would you suggest that we go to Cali so that the sex tourism impression isn't an issue at all? We should be in Colombia for about 2 to 3 weeks in total but we may not be in one place for more than a week. Also, thanks a million for the initial responses. I've also noticed that in Colombia, if they don't know you or anyone that you know, they are not exactly wide open to talking to you, I have no problems overcoming this in North America and Europe. Any tips on this for Colombia?

Medellin still worth it?

I don't think things will help in Cali with scoring hot women, but for scoring average chicks I think it'll be easier.

For four guys prowling around my guess is you'd need a lot of targets each night. Bogota/Medellin would be your best bets.

Medellin still worth it?

I say roll dolo - with an occassional wing MAX! Traveling in packs, especially foreigners, is a definite red flag to any Colombiana.

You already speak Spanish and dance Salsa. It seems your friends benefit more from being with you than you benefit from being with them.

My .02

Medellin still worth it?

Also even in the states rolling with a wolf pack that large makes it hard to pull.

Medellin still worth it?

roll with one wing

Medellin still worth it?

Why not divide and conquer, split your crew in half, take your best wing, then send your homies off on a scouting mission at another club. If you got cell phones they can see if the other club is more banging with fine women, then if you all end up in the same spot stick to the script and don't just chill in one big group.

Medellin still worth it?

Quote: (04-06-2010 01:59 AM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Why not divide and conquer, split your crew in half, take your best wing, then send your homies off on a scouting mission at another club. If you got cell phones they can see if the other club is more banging with fine women, then if you all end up in the same spot stick to the script and don't just chill in one big group.

Spot on. That´s what I do.

Medellin still worth it?

I like the option of splitting up the crew. Personally, I've had incredible success rolling dolo. I'm about to do that. Mixmaster, your two cents may as well be a billion dollars. I think that you are absolutely correct. Because they will benefit more from me, I don't want to be in a position where I have to baby sit or translate all the time. I prefer traveling solo and doing my thing. I know when I start making headway with a female, I'll be pelted with questions regarding possible friends of hers and everything else. I don't have time for that. I'm there to slay freaks and enjoy a bit of culture. I wish I hadn't agreed to a four man crew but at least I made it clear that I don't plan on being with the pack more than 50% of the time.

G, You mentioned that the sex tourism thing shouldn't be a concern in Medellin. Would you rather go there or to Cali? I hear that Cali is better for women and that I won't be amongst a ton of gringos (which increases the odds of getting with 8+ chicas). Any thoughts? Also because the clubs are dead on Sunday to Wendnesday, what does one do to stay busy? I still want to meet chicas and put in work during that time.

Thanks D.

Medellin still worth it?

By the way Roosh, keep doin your thing. This forum is off the chain. It's helped many and through my many experiences in Brazil and Colombia, I can say that you speak the truth.

I may also just stay in Bogota for a while. I personally think that Bogota has an unbelievably high concentration of beautiful women and the only reason that everyone talks about Cali and Medellin so much is that the women are dressed in less. I can't say that the women in Bogota are not as hot. The only problem with Bogota is the weather. Other than that, I'd say it is the best place for women in Colombia (I haven't been to Cali yet). If the weather was hotter and women wore less, nothing would even come close. The women in Bogota still take care of their bodies and are stunning. There's also more to do. Sorry I want of on a tangent there. Just wanted to give my opinion to all reading this post because we haven't really focused on Bogota as much as Medellin or other places. I'll stay on topic (which was my previous post).

Medellin still worth it?

Maybe it really is guys like us who "ruin" Medellin.

I mean, the tourism is growing in this city so much. A local guy mentioned me the other day how the "gringos are so aggressive with the girls". I guess approaching means aggressive to them as they play the social circle game. Another thing here is that most travelers are guys - much less girls than in many other backpacker destinations. And almost everyone of these ask you "so how are you doing with the girls?" at some point of the conversation. It's kinda normal, but i'm just saying that it tells about something. Many people here are for drugs and women and it gives a bad image to us.

You can see the same development on this forum. One year ago you got the impression from here that Medellin is totally a new hunting ground where gorgeously looking chicks are gonna give you BJs as you step out of the plane. Just recently I've started to see more spot on information (like by armanid and mixmaster) and realistic views about swooping here.

Medellin still worth it?

Realistically, compared to the amount of people in the Medellin - there are not that many gringos down there looking to hook up. A couple hostels filled with guys who read this blog, and hear from a small word of mouth - compared to several million. I wouldn't be concerned

Medellin still worth it?

I get you but, I'm referring to girls in the middle to upper class areas where I'd want to get an apartment with 3 other guys for the week. I get that due to the fact that millions live in Medellin but then we'd have to take into consideration that about 50% of the population are female, of that 50% about 15 %are in an acceptable age range and of that 15%, 8% are good looking and of that 8%, we'll probably see 10% and of that 10% we'll have a chance to speak with 1%. When those are the numbers and you have to start battling stereotypes you have to ask if it is worth it. Like I said, I have been there before (2008) and been successful. But I knew people and they may not be around this time. If the stereotype persists and has become an issue, I'd rather preserve my chances in an area that doesn't have that stereotype.

I don't think that guys like us ruin Medellin because from what I gather, most people on this thread know how to go about their business without making it overtly obvious, or without being pushy or rude about it. I believe that the reputation must be a result of guys overtly hitting on women and basically bum-rushing women. In my opinion, game above a half decent level won't leave one with the stereotype that we're talking about. However, poor game and overt obnoxious pandering, by back packers, can give this impression and ruin it for the rest of us. I'd just rather not fight that battle.

To be honest, Cali sounds like a good idea at this point but I really loved Medellin. Any thoughts from Mixmaster or gmanifesto on this?

Medellin still worth it?

Quote:Quote:

One year ago you got the impression from here that Medellin is totally a new hunting ground where gorgeously looking chicks are gonna give you BJs as you step out of the plane

True but I think those posts were more along the lines of "I heard from a friend that Medellin is...."

Expectations were a bit high.

Medellin still worth it?

Just heard on public radio that Medellin had over 1400 murders last year. Double from the previous year.

Medellin still worth it?

Quote: (04-11-2010 12:40 AM)deebow Wrote:  

I believe that the reputation must be a result of guys overtly hitting on women and basically bum-rushing women.

Actually, I think middle aged men going there for prostitutes gave gringos the reputation.

Medellin still worth it?

Quote: (04-15-2010 03:45 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Just heard on public radio that Medellin had over 1400 murders last year. Double from the previous year.

most of them where prob due to drugs.

i doubt very many tourists get killed in medellin

Medellin still worth it?

It's a big city. Just like Roosh and Mixx are saying, stay away from Parque Lleras/Zona Rosa and you're fine.

Medellin still worth it?

Quote: (04-16-2010 02:38 PM)dlmelvin86 Wrote:  

Quote: (04-15-2010 03:45 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

most of them where prob due to drugs.

i doubt very many tourists get killed in medellin

You should check out the stats of Miami in parts like little Haiti, liberty City and also places like Detroit, Compton, Brooklyn, NY! :-)

trust me, Medellin/Colombia does not hold a candlestick to ghetto city, USA.

Medellin still worth it?

Tourists are more likely to get beaten up and robbed than killed and even then if you are smart you will be ok. Its true that the violence is over the coca/heroina biz . You won't see it generally but it does occassionally creep into the higher society of Colombia. Life is def. a little cheaper and people can be hired to take care of problems pretty easily.

Well I don't know about Medellin in particular MixMaster but crime and murder in places like Colombia, Brazil, Mexico make Liberty City look like a Joke. For real, not dissing your post, but last August for example in Juarex Mexico they killed 300 people (beheadings and other grousome methods I might add)...that was more than the death toll in Iraq that month.

I do agree that crime stats are blown out of proportion and everyone thinks that the moment you get to Mexico you're gonna get shot, but there is some truth to those horror stories.

Medellin still worth it?

No. Colombia, with the exception of Buena Ventura, isn't really comparable, not even fucking close, to places like fucking Juarez, Mexico and Rio, Brazil. The murder rate in Bogotá is lower than the murder rate in Miami and St. Louis. Juarez and many places in Brazil are a whole 'nother story, and far more dangerous than most places in the U.S. But Colombia is, unless you go traipsing around the fucking jungle looking for FARC, quite safe and pretty comparable crime-wise to most major U.S. cities, if not a little bit better.

Medellin still worth it?

Bogota/Cartagena are much safer than Rio

Medellin still worth it?

Didnt Medellin have over 500 murders for the first 3 months of 2010 ?