rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Calling is Cool Again!

Calling is Cool Again!

Call me crazy. Disagree with me. I know, its sounds stupid but....

Calling is back!!

No one wants to call girls anymore, its all text. Girls don't wanna call guys, because guys never call them. So, no one is calling anyone. Everyone is just texting each other.

In 2010, 2011, and 2012, calling was sort of shunned upon. People thought text was more efficient, less personal, less pressure, etc. It made sense. If you called you were seen as either old, out of it, or lame.

No one wanted to do it. It was taboo. Conversational skills suffered. Conversational confidence suffered. Calling became a scary thing to do! Guys became scared, girls became scared. Calling became a brave act!

Bravery is sexy to a woman!

Calling is new again. Its fresh, exciting, scary. Its way more personal then text. A stronger connection can be made. These young girls don't know what its like to get a call from a man and have that man get her pussy wet from the sound of his voice.

Calling is Cool Again!

This call vs. text debate has been bullshit all along. People change their perceptions based on what Roosh or people on this forum happen to say or come to conclusions based on their own but unreasonably small set of empirical data.

IMO calling is better than texting some of the time as long as you can get her to answer, gives you the option of calibrating to her emotional state which you don't really have when texting.

Calling is Cool Again!

I think it all just comes down to personal preference. If talking on the phone is what makes one feel like he's giving himself the best shot then go for it. Personally, I've fucked plenty girls that were really into me and I can count on my hands how many phone convos I've had with them.

Before phones people were forced to write letters to one another or just wait until you saw them in person. What goes around comes around. We're just getting back to that as a society.

Overall tho, if a girl likes you it really doesn't matter how you communicate with her as long as you do.

Calling is Cool Again!

Quote: (12-04-2012 06:01 AM)theIVth Wrote:  

Overall tho, if a girl likes you it really doesn't matter how you communicate with her as long as you do.

Right, that's why I'm more concerned about text vs. call in context of first contact where you have a potentially flaky number and you have no idea how vague her memory of you is. In this case getting her on the phone can make a difference in getting her to see you f2f.

Calling is Cool Again!

gmanifesto called this ages ago

Calling is Cool Again!

Quote: (12-04-2012 05:47 AM)reino341 Wrote:  

as long as you can get her to answer

They are more willing to answer then in previous years. They forgot how fun it was to get attention through phone calls. It's exciting for them also. Phone ringing, heart pounding, butterflies in stomach, this stuff is good for seduction. It gets them into an emotional state.

Quote: (12-04-2012 06:10 AM)reino341 Wrote:  

I'm more concerned about text vs. call in context of first contact

Yes, exactly! This is the point of my original post, once the girl likes you, it doesn't matter how you contact her, but for "first contact" and communication early in the seduction, the phone call can be powerful. It can speed up comfort and connection. You can access her emotions much faster and deeper then text.

It's higher risk, higher reward.

Calling is Cool Again!

DUN DUNN DUNNN!

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Calling is Cool Again!

Why does calling/texting have to be something binary? Both options should exist in your arsenal.

Calling is Cool Again!

[quote='Vicious' pid='320283' dateline='1354624023']
Why does calling/texting have to be something binary? Both options should exist in your arsenal.
*** ^^^My thoughts exactly. In some countries this may vary but in the majority of situations you should always use a mixture of both. Why? Calling and texting generally serve different purposes. Calling is better when used to build attraction on the spot and to hear the tone of your girl's voice when speaking with her. Calling forces a person to develop better convo skills and on the fly thinking. It also doesnt give a girl much time to bullshit when you're talking to her, though she could still flake later on after being given time to think. Texting is better for keeping and building the attraction in-between dates/meet ups when done correctly. Use both methods the right way and you'll become a force to be reckoned with.

Calling is Cool Again!

This is not black and white, it is a grey area, depending on the situation and the girl...

Calling is a good method, if the girl is not responding by text....

Heck sometime it is better to call than to text.

Calling is Cool Again!

Eh, I'm skeptical. All we have as evidence is someone's proclamation. And there's no one who wants this to be true more than me.

But I very frequently text girls, 'Got a second?' This is after a fun text or two warming them up. They'll often say yes, or say when they will, at which time they will take a call. Calling girls you haven't banged out of the blue, especially if you never texted or called them before, is a poor strategy.

Calling is Cool Again!

I also wish this were true but can't agree.

Girls are so weird about the phone these days that if you call more than once a week they will accuse you of "blowing up" their phone.

The phone is something girls use for texting their peers. Calling is mostly reserved for family and very close friends. If you come across as eager to talk on the phone early on you will almost assuredly earn your "creepy" badge in that girl's mind.

"Omg this guy keeps trying to call me...it's kinda creepy."

Just the way it is. Sigh.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Calling is Cool Again!

Depends on her age. Any women over 30 are ok with calling. Younger girls I've noticed use text to keep
you at arms distance. Once they like you then it's ok to call. Kind of annoying but hey whatever.

Team Nachos

Calling is Cool Again!

I'm not calling anyone. Fuck that.

Calling is Cool Again!

Quote: (12-04-2012 07:27 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Soon we will witness the great historical schisma of player community dividing into callers and texters. Both sides will hate each other, proclaim that the other side are closet worshippers of the Feminine Imperative and claim to be the only legit inheritants of the original relikvies of Mysteries googles and hairs from Roosh's beard.

My limited experience tells me that girls who respond to calls and even sometimes call themselves almost always provide me pleasant experiance and return the effort I invest in their seduction. The girls who swing the communication to texting are a mixed and unperdictable bunch with just as many psychos as normal girls.

Since I prefer quality experience and a good life filled with a slow and rhytmic flow of loving women pleasing me in both sexual and non sexual ways over the rigorous sport of raising my notch count to Olympic levels I have started to qualify potential lays based from their preffered phone communication methods.

Calling is Cool Again!

You're smoking some serious-ass crack if you think I'm calling chicks. I'm getting results with a fraction of the effort and time. Why make things harder than they need to be? It's like telling me banging a girl on the fifth date is cool. I'd rather tax on the first or second.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Calling is Cool Again!

Calling, especially if you have a good voice is the way to go. Leave a good message since she probably won't answer, she'll be curious about what you sound like, she loves the way you sound, she feels more comfortable about you so when you finally meet up there's a better chance you'll bang.

Calling is Cool Again!

I dunno, I still think there are loads of girls who will just get weirded out if you call instead of text. There has to be a pretty strong attraction first and then a call can increase that attraction further and make it even more likely that youll get the bang. If your unsure though and think the girl is on the fence about you, safer to text first as youll have more chance of getting her out.

So I say make a judgement call on the particular chick and dont just stick to one exclusively. My 2 cents.

Calling is Cool Again!

Quote: (12-04-2012 07:27 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Both options should exist in your arsenal.

Yes, we need both. Sadly, most guys only have one. They only text.

Quote: (12-04-2012 08:23 AM)Alpha Hunter Zero Wrote:  

Calling forces a person to develop better convo skills and on the fly thinking.

This is another reason why I like to call sometimes. It builds your conversational skills and confidence. If your gonna get flaked on, you may as well improve your game in the process. You learn more and you learn faster when you actually talk to a girl. If you text her a few times and then she flakes, you didn't really get better at the most important aspects of game - Conversation and Confidence.

Quote: (12-04-2012 11:36 AM)scorpion Wrote:  

Girls are so weird about the phone these days that if you call more than once a week they will accuse you of "blowing up" their phone.

This is how is was in 2010-2012. Calling was considered to be border-line "creppy". But, now, because no one has done it in the last few years, its become a novelty. It's retro! It's new again. Like all styles, it eventually comes back. And, it will go away again.

Quote: (12-04-2012 10:27 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

Calling girls you haven't banged out of the blue, especially if you never texted or called them before, is a poor strategy.

Is this conclusion based on your personal experience? Have you been calling and getting bad results?

Quote: (12-04-2012 12:17 PM)Mage Wrote:  

My limited experience tells me that girls who respond to calls and even sometimes call themselves almost always provide me pleasant experiance and return the effort I invest in their seduction. The girls who swing the communication to texting are a mixed and unperdictable bunch with just as many psychos as normal girls.

Real voice to voice conversations are more personal and more authentic then text conversations. More emotion is involved. Girls fake emotion and passion over text. Much harder to do with a real voice conversation.

Quote: (12-04-2012 12:56 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

if you have a good voice

This is big. If you have a little girly voice, this won't work.

In fact, this only works well if you have a strong voice and strong game.

If you don't have a strong voice and strong game, keep texting!

This not a move for newbies! (unless they just wanna practice)

Quote: (12-04-2012 01:10 PM)Nudge Wrote:  

safer to text first

You're right, it is safer to text.

It takes more balls and more confidence to call.

Texting is safe, Calling is bold.

I choose bold.

Calling is Cool Again!

CALLING IS BACK - AGREED. I started texting back in 2003-2004 with much success. At the time, girls asked why I don't call? I'm started to run into some women that say they don't like texting and prefer the phone. You need to gauge your target demographic and if she is open to open to a call. If so, awesome. No more stupid :-) and LOL and things getting lost in translation.

Basic rules off the top of my head:
Keep your voice low and your speech pace slow to medium. Listen more than you talk. Don't talk about dumb shit. Let her vent about whatever (girls just want to vent) and STFU and listen. No advice, just "I understand", "wow, thats cool" whatever. Get into her head and help her handle her own emotions. She will gain trust. Get off the phone abruptly in the middle of the conversation "oh, hey gotta go that's my Mom". Don't call back that night.

Calling is Cool Again!

Quote: (12-04-2012 03:21 PM)kenny_powers Wrote:  

Basic rules off the top of my head:

Keep your voice low and your speech pace slow to medium. Listen more than you talk. Don't talk about dumb shit. Let her vent about whatever (girls just want to vent) and STFU and listen. No advice, just "I understand", "wow, thats cool" whatever. Get into her head and help her handle her own emotions. She will gain trust. Get off the phone abruptly in the middle of the conversation "oh, hey gotta go that's my Mom". Don't call back that night.

Wow. That is some good advice.

Quote: (12-04-2012 03:21 PM)kenny_powers Wrote:  

Get off the phone abruptly in the middle of the conversation "oh, hey gotta go that's my Mom". Don't call back that night.

Hahaha. Great tip. Always be the one who ends the conversation.

Great post. All great advice for handling a phone call!

Calling is Cool Again!

Calling can be great..

If you can actually get the girl on the phone.

Most girls just won't answer phone calls.

Calling is Cool Again!

It's annoying because everyone has cellphones. Dropped calls just mess up my flow and piss me off.

Team Nachos

Calling is Cool Again!

Quote: (12-04-2012 12:56 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

Calling, especially if you have a good voice is the way to go. Leave a good message since she probably won't answer, she'll be curious about what you sound like, she loves the way you sound, she feels more comfortable about you so when you finally meet up there's a better chance you'll bang.

Calling can be a great move if done properly, much more so than text which can only really convery information and not so much a vibe or feeling.

I've had a few girls tell me they did not answer my call specifically so they could save the voicemail message to listen to my voice again.

Calling is Cool Again!

*Many girls say they don't answer calls from numbers they don't recognize.
*If she's busy when you call, she will text you back later, and not call. She may not even do that if you don't leave a voicemail. This sets up a bad precedent of you chasing and chasing. Girls may even associate calling with 'urgencies' or 'emergencies.'
*They think talking to strangers or near-strangers on the phone is awkward. Girls live their life trying to avoid awkwardness all their lives. They're not going to suddenly change when they meet you.

All of the above are based on my experience.

I have great phone game, and get into crazy conversations with girls I know nothing about. I vastly prefer calling. But if girls don't answer, nothing else matters. And even with great phone game, I got flaked on a ton by online girls - that's not a knock against calling, just clarifying the limits of what it can do.

Usually, if I keep seeing a girl, I'll get her in the habit of calling me and me calling her.