rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Suggestion for the forum.

I was thinking that it might be helpful and beneficial to have some of the most common international cities stickied to the top that has a complete list of nightlife, eating, and lodging, ect fact sheets. It can be alil cumbersome to go through every Rio thread and search to find all the new hotspots ect.

That's an awesome idea Melvin!
We can even have those who are familiar with whatever city, help and contribute with the guide. Let's have guys post which cities can they contribute on and take it from there. I can help with Toronto, Rio, Brasilia, Curitiba, Fortaleza for a start.

Let's get rolling guys!

Yea, i think it would make things alot easier to have thread dedicated to some of the more popular and most visited cities!

What you think about this Roosh?

Problem with that is there are a lot of cities that are worthy, so there would be a lot of stickies until you get to the new threads.

I think I prefer a directory-type of listing that links to the best threads on cities. Maybe a wiki?

i see what ur saying.

how about we just sticky the country, and within the thread have one WHOLE thread post dedicated to a city, and have someone preferably the city expert edit it with info gathered on the forum.

so it be like BRAZIL

Rio De JAnerio - Complete uptodate easy to read fact sheet.

Other city - Complete uptodate fact sheet

and so forth. but the key is to have that person edit his post and update

Quote: (03-27-2010 03:33 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Problem with that is there are a lot of cities that are worthy, so there would be a lot of stickies until you get to the new threads.

I think I prefer a directory-type of listing that links to the best threads on cities. Maybe a wiki?

Definitely do a wiki! It is the best method to get to info, and fast.

so we could have a sticky thread with each city's wiki fact sheet

that would be good also. and it could generate more traffic if the forum is linked on the wiki

But who's going to update the wiki? Personally I think no one is going to take the time to update the wiki, including yours truly, even though I think it's a great idea.

can anyone update a wiki?

Quote: (03-27-2010 10:09 PM)dlmelvin86 Wrote:  

i see what ur saying.

how about we just sticky the country, and within the thread have one WHOLE thread post dedicated to a city, and have someone preferably the city expert edit it with info gathered on the forum.

so it be like BRAZIL

Rio De JAnerio - Complete uptodate easy to read fact sheet.

Other city - Complete uptodate fact sheet

and so forth. but the key is to have that person edit his post and update

This should be the way to go IMHO. What do you guys feel about it?

I think this is a brilliant idea. I've actually asked Roosh already about starting up a new site dedicated to this. Kind of like Roosh's realmantravelguides.com but allowing multiple authors to be the 'editor' for a city for instance.... I have a hundred ideas running through my head on what could be put on here...

I've actually registered a domain name already... will let you know when I have something up.

btw. Roosh tentatively supports the idea providing it is adding to the knowledge base, and not just a cut paste from the forum....

If anyone has ideas, would love to hear them!!

he could make another category like City Data Sheets on the main forum index

with that one being strictly about day & night spots / hostels , hotels / best food for each other the cities our posters have been or are going to.

right now its just to cumbersome to go through all the posts to get all the info on said city.

Speaking about improvements how about a page where forum users constantly edit where they are traveling which would allow for people to arrange meetups much easier.