rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Former boxing champ Hector Camacho shot in Puerto Rico

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/865...uerto-rico

Quote:Quote:

Former world boxing champion Hector "Macho" Camacho went into cardiac arrest Wednesday morning and is on life support after being shot in the face Tuesday outside of San Juan, Puerto Rico.

"The situation with Macho is very delicate," Centro Medico director Dr. Ernesto Torres told reporters during a 7 a.m. media briefing on Wednesday. "The prognosis is not good."

Camacho's mother, Maria Matias, arrived in Puerto Rico on Wednesday morning and is expected to decide whether Camacho, 50, should be taken off life support based on the results of further tests due Wednesday afternoon. Torres said the encephalographic tests would determine whether Camacho is brain dead. Torres said Camacho's son, Hector Camacho, is due to arrive in Puerto Rico on Wednesday night.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

It was in bad taste, but when he threw the tampon at Vinny Pazienza and called him a "bleeder" I couldn't stop laughing. I hope the best for Macho, but I know the prognosis isn't good.

damn, a lot of ex-boxers seem to be close to the brink or dead, its sad.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (11-21-2012 04:44 PM)bojangles Wrote:  

damn, a lot of ex-boxers seem to be close to the brink or dead, its sad.
The same personality that let's them go 12 rounds in the ring is the probably the same one that causes the problems after boxing.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/do...ing-112212

The latest is that he has been declared brain dead. His father wants him off of life support, and to donate his organs. A sister is fighting that, and his mom doesn't know what she wants to do - she just wants to spend more time with him. The bullet that hit him in the face tore through 3 of the 4 major neck arteries, interrupting blood flow to his brain and doing too much damage to recover from. There is supposedly intermittent activity in his brain, which is why some family members may still be holding out some kind of hope. He obviously can't recover, so I hope the family doesn't fight and drag this out. It's obviously difficult to "give up" on someone you love, but being hooked to a machine isn't living. Hector is from my old neighborhood in East Harlem, and I remember the Sports Illustrated cover from when he won his first title, "Macho is too Mucho for Bazooka" (he beat Rafael "Bazooka" Limon for the vacant Jr. Lighweight title).

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

That's some fucked up shit. I feel terrible for him.

Quote: (11-21-2012 02:36 PM)Katatonic Wrote:  

It was in bad taste, but when he threw the tampon at Vinny Pazienza and called him a "bleeder" I couldn't stop laughing. I hope the best for Macho, but I know the prognosis isn't good.

Part of Hector's charm was getting into guy's heads and making them so mad that they just wanted to kill him, which played into his hands. He and Chavez got into one of the most amusing war of words before their fight, with Chavez actually calling Macho "feminine" (Hector loved that trademark curl coming down his forehead, and to say the least, he wore some interesting gear into the ring - basically an ornate loincloth...HA HA!). Chavez gave him the beating of his life, but he walked out of the ring with more respect than he had garnered in his whole career to that point. He refused to go down despite the beating, and dispelled the notion that he was just a pretty boy and not tough.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

He's gone-- brain death.

RIP.

He was the fighter to finally retire Sugar Ray Leonard if I recall

He passed away today, after his mother consented to disconnecting life support.

[Image: 2lny7he.jpg]

Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-s...bled=false

After a tumultuous life, and a violent death, this is how Hector is laid to rest. The side bitch decides to show up at the wake, and after staying in the background when he was alive, decides to, in front of his family and girlfriend, demand recognition. Bitches TRULY ain't shit. To show up at such a solemn occasion and do what she did (removing the veil and kissing Hector ON THE MOUTH), and generally highjacking his wake for her own selfish purposes is unconscionable. I can't imagine a man ever doing something like this - showing up at the funeral of a chick he was banging and basically announce he was banging her to all of her loved ones.

[Image: attachment.jpg8842]   
Gloria Fernandez (the girlfriend)

[Image: attachment.jpg8843]   
Cynthia Castillo (the bitch Hector was currently banging)

As you can see in the pic, the attention whore is holding an impromptu press conference in the street, so the world can recognize her as a side bitch. If she were REALLY the girlfriend, the family would have known about her...

Man, I think my blood pressure doubled reading that. Bitch really pisses me off. I can't imagine how Hector's family must have felt having her highjack the wake.