rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Familial last minute resistance

So I've been planning a trip to Bangkok for a while now,and my family is starting to fight me about it. Aside from my father who traveled around western Europe, none of them have left the country and they're afraid I'm going to get killed, arrested, kidnapped, etc.

My father is the most reasonable of them, but is apposed to me going anywhere outside western Europe. He even offered to pay for a week or two in Europe to dissuade me from taking a longer trip elsewhere. But he's said that he doesn't see any possible reward that would justify the risk of taking this trip. When I asked what he thought the risk was he said there was a good chance I wouldn't come back. [Image: confused.gif]

I could ignore them and take off anyway, but I'd prefer not to go that route. I don't want to burn any bridges and don't want this hanging over my head while I'm there. To steal a line from G, " I like to keep all my accounts clean."

Advice? Any suggestions about possible rewards I could use to convince my father it's worth the risk? If I convince him the rest will fall in line.

What risk? Bangkok is visited by millions of westerners every year and 99.99 % get back home without being killed. It is Asia's most westernized place so tell him you chose it for that very reason: to experience Asia while being safe. If it were up to you you would go to Cambodia or Myanmar but out of consideration you have chosen the safe option: Bangkok

What risk? Bangkok is visited by millions of westerners every year and 99.99 % get back home without being killed. It is Asia's most westernized place so tell him you chose it for that very reason: to experience Asia while being safe. If it were up to you you would go to Cambodia or Myanmar but out of consideration stimulus to the safe option: Bangkok

Yes, I said that when we were discussing it earlier.(minus the part about choosing it over Cambodia and Myanmar, which was good)

It is hard to cite "worldliness" as a potential payoff when the opposing party places zero value on it, as evidenced by never having travelled anywhere. Maybe some "so that afterwards I can appreciate how well we have it here" bullshit might work. How old are you?

I'm 19. I'd also be taking some university classes there so that my school will pay for it(and then some). I'm a business student so I'm trying to work gaining some international business knowledge into my pitch. But I'm not set on how to sell it.

Just go. Your parents will forgive you when you get back, you won't burn any bridges. They still think you're just their little baby who can't handle the big wide world by himself. This is typical of parents of late-teens.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

^^^^ This.

It's your life not theirs.

hey OP grow a pair

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

OP,

As Samseau said, your parents will forgive you when you come back. You need to cut the umbilical cord eventually, and its much better if you do it sooner or later. Do it hard but respectfully, and make it clear who's the boss of your life.

You can make a strong move now and have some friction, in exchange for a lifetime of peace on this issue (control over your life by your parents), or you can tread lightly now and have to deal with this issue for years if not decades later, time after time.

Personally, I did this at a relatively young age (about 16), and now I can ask my parents for their opinions on issues without any confusion as to who's going to make the decision. By contrast, I have friends in their early 30's, young professionals with careers who still argue with their parents when they want to do certain things, amazingly.

Quote: (11-18-2012 10:35 PM)iop890 Wrote:  

My father is the most reasonable of them, but is apposed to me going anywhere outside western Europe. He even offered to pay for a week or two in Europe to dissuade me from taking a longer trip elsewhere.

Take the free Europe trip, enjoy it, and come back 100% safe. Then a few months later bring up Bangkok again. This time they can see that you can take care of yourself.

Quote: (11-18-2012 10:35 PM)iop890 Wrote:  

But he's said that he doesn't see any possible reward that would justify the risk of taking this trip. When I asked what he thought the risk was he said there was a good chance I wouldn't come back. [Image: confused.gif]

I don't know what country you are from but here in the United States 95% of people think this about every other country except those in Western Europe, Australia, and Canada. The fact is that the world outside our comfort zone isn't as dangerous and horrible as everyone thinks.

Haha so funny. It is a very common view that anything outside of the US and maybe England is a crazy place of death, rape and terror. When all your information comes from news reports on the television about a bombing or kidnapping, you think the world is very scary indeed. But seriously, I would rather not be in many parts of the US for safety reasons.

Tell your parents you will take their offer for a free Europe holiday and then go to Asia later. Make them pay for Asia as well, by saying you will otherwise go backpacking through Rwanda and Kenya.

So now instead of one trip you can have two for the price of one? I think that's a sweet fucking deal. Now you can go to Poland!

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

Reminds me of those "what Americans think" maps
[Image: f0vrkh.png]

Sadly, that map is a pretty accurate depiction of what parts of my family think.

I'm gonna talk to my father about it again, one on one, and make it clear that I'm going.

Gonna wait until after Thanksgiving though, don't wanna have to explain to grandma why I'm going to the land of cheap shit and oppression for five months.

Thanks for the advice.

The title threw me off, I thought the OP wanted advice on how to bang his cousin.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Quote: (11-19-2012 08:02 PM)Goldin Boy Wrote:  

The title threw me off, I thought the OP wanted advice on how to bang his cousin.

Ha, apparently that's becoming more and more popular these days.

Quote: (11-19-2012 06:06 PM)iop890 Wrote:  

I'm gonna talk to my father about it again

Well that didn't work, at all.

Guess I'll just go. Bought a ticket today.

It was nice knowing you iop. When you get kidnapped you'll wish you had listened.

Judging from what my friends have said, Thailand is safer than many parts of America that I've seen. Especially when you consider how fucking tiny everyone is.

Just go, but watch out for the Brits and lady-boys.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Got here tuesday and got my flag 2 hours after leaving the airport, from a girl on Thaifriendly.

Thanks for getting me to man up RVF.