rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Marriage - what's the point?

I can't wrap my head around marriage. I just don't see what benefit a guy gets from it - particularly with the 50% chance of divorce.

Now - I have a theory on why so many women become repulsed by their partners after they get married.

A woman wants a man with 'options' who is of a higher status than her. But - when a man agrees to marry a girl. He is admitting that she is the best that he can do.

And - after the excitement of planning the wedding and the honeymoon are over. The woman starts to to lose respect for the guy as she gradually comes to this realisation.

The funny thing is that this gradual realisation comes as a surprise to them. Women lack any awareness when it comes to analysing their own sexuality. Or what drives their feelings in terms of why they find men attractive. They just aren't built for this sort of thinking.

Which is why women lose sexual interest in their husbands. And then soon after let themselves grow fat.

It seems pretty simple to me. It is almost impossible for a woman to find her husband sexually attrative. Unless - perhaps? - he has some high value status which is still there after the marriage. Perhaps a lot of money or a powerful job?

It is a shame that the institution of marriage is built upon such a 'no-win' situation.

I guess if you really want to have children then this is the avenue you have to go down. Personally - I like kids. But - for me - it is far too high a price to pay in order to have them.

Cardguy

Quote: (11-18-2012 12:29 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

I guess if you really want to have children then this is the avenue you have to go down.

Hah! Yeah right brother. Whether you want kids or not has NOTHING to do with marriage.

For the sake of argument, let's say two kids were born today:

1.) Child #1 lives in Europe. His parents are not married.

2.) Child #2 lives in America. His parents are married.

Guess what? The European child born to unwed parents has a better chance of growing up in a two-parent household.

Marriage is a sham and its hold on sexuality and reproduction in the modern era is tenuous at best. If you want kids, go for it, but don't get married to do it.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

This thread was prompted by reading through all the posts on the following blog post. The comments are interesting and the blog post is great. It discusses a new car advert which (for once) tries to sneak some 'red pill' thinking into the mainstream media.

http://rationalmale.wordpress.com/2012/1...he-matrix/

As for the response above. I agree there is no need to get married to have kids. But - these days - having kids is sort of the new 'wedding ring' when it comes to telling the girl you are comitting to her and nobody else. So - it has a similar psychological effect in terms of declaring you cannot do better.

And again - the girl only starts to realise that this after the initial excitement of having a kid passes.

Also - from what I understand. The courts will treat you the same if you are living long-term with a girl. Or you have a kid with a girl. Than they would if you were married and wanted a divorce. So - alot of people are defacto married in the eyes of the law these days.

Cardguy

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-15659.html

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

If you want kids, get married

If you don't want kids, don't get married

Great thread. Mark Minter is the man! I agree with everything he said. I think it was him who came up with the following quote as well.

I can't remember where I read it:

“Being happy is fucking easy. All you have to do to be happy is not be unhappy. I can’t really tell you how to be happy but I can fucking tell you how to be unhappy. Have a 55 year old wife. That’s how.”

Does Mark have a blog? He is a legend.

Cardguy

Quote: (11-18-2012 01:52 PM)jammer Wrote:  

Tradition is to get married and have children. These days, one can easily have children without the headache of marriage.

Allow me to quote el mechanico:

Quote:Quote:

You don't have to. You can live with her without marriage which will give her more leverage when you break up and turn her into a bigger cunt in the meantime..In my case my kids mom had to go in order for me to have a stable household. She was creating tension/drama in the house.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-15659-...#pid263088

Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Quote: (11-18-2012 01:55 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-18-2012 01:52 PM)jammer Wrote:  

Tradition is to get married and have children. These days, one can easily have children without the headache of marriage.

Allow me to quote el mechanico:

You don't have to. You can live with her without marriage which will give her more leverage when you break up and turn her into a bigger cunt in the meantime..In my case my kids mom had to go in order for me to have a stable household. She was creating tension/drama in the house.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-15659-...#pid263088
You aren't getting custody of the kid if you are unmarried unless she is a huge junkie. Not to mention I don't want an out of wedlock kid since that hurts the kid.

Here is another brilliant Mark Minter rant.

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/10/0...ent-373596

Cardguy

Quote: (11-18-2012 02:16 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

Here is another brilliant Mark Minter rant.

http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/10/0...ent-373596

Cardguy

Gonna add that to teh "Marriage is for pussies" thread, good find

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (11-18-2012 02:05 PM)jammer Wrote:  

Not to mention I don't want an out of wedlock kid since that hurts the kid.

Can you elaborate?

Quote: (11-18-2012 12:29 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

A woman wants a man with 'options' who is of a higher status than her. But - when a man agrees to marry a girl. He is admitting that she is the best that he can do.

Highlighted is where your theory is broken.

marriage is a business contract. nothing more nothing less. the loser is the party(usually guy) who is the main breadwinner as they are getting involved in a bad business deal. they are the party who stands to lose in the event of the divorce. but as highlighted by the madonna/guy richie divorce its not necessarily sexist it just greatly favors the poorer party in the event of divorce.

i know a wealthy guy who is in his late 40´s and every long term relationship ends because when the women he dates presures him for marriage is agrees but he says as long as they sign a prenup/no alimony agreement. that has been the deal breaker for the women and he remains a bachelor to this day . funny thing as his wealth grows his options for pussy have improved inspite of his aging.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

I don't think any women would ever get married if they had to sign a 'No Alimony' agreement.

All women are the same. Except with some you pay upfront. With the rest you get the bill at the end.

Cardguy

I asked my old boss why he married his old lady. Why he chose her, why he proposed, and why he'd settle down with her.
His response: "decent tax break."

There is no reason to marry. It's a very difficult to maintain tax break.

Quote: (11-18-2012 11:55 PM)Anon-A-Moose Wrote:  

I asked my old boss why he married his old lady. Why he chose her, why he proposed, and why he'd settle down with her.

The tax break is going to become a moot point here soon. It's my understanding that married couples will pay much higher healthcare costs on average than cohabiting couples.

Quote: (11-19-2012 12:47 AM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-18-2012 11:55 PM)Anon-A-Moose Wrote:  

The tax break is going to become a moot point here soon. It's my understanding that married couples will pay much higher healthcare costs on average than cohabiting couples.

Goodbye Marriage, you had a good run. [Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (11-18-2012 11:37 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

I don't think any women would ever get married if they had to sign a 'No Alimony' agreement.

Not true. Some would ask you to sign this kind of agreement.

Good question.

I asked my Dad why he married. He said he wanted kids and eventually it was just time. He married in his very late thirties after living a fun life by all accounts.

I asked my Mom why she married - she was younger. She said she wanted a family and she wanted it with my Dad because of the way he treated and respected his parents and his family, thinking that's how he'd treat a family with her. She was right.

It worked out for them. No doubt they love each other, but the bottom line on both sides was the desire for a family. But they are more old fashioned than most.

Quote: (11-18-2012 10:00 PM)bacon Wrote:  

marriage is a business contract. nothing more nothing less. the loser is the party(usually guy) who is the main breadwinner as they are getting involved in a bad business deal. they are the party who stands to lose in the event of the divorce. but as highlighted by the madonna/guy richie divorce its not necessarily sexist it just greatly favors the poorer party in the event of divorce.

i know a wealthy guy who is in his late 40´s and every long term relationship ends because when the women he dates presures him for marriage is agrees but he says as long as they sign a prenup/no alimony agreement. that has been the deal breaker for the women and he remains a bachelor to this day . funny thing as his wealth grows his options for pussy have improved inspite of his aging.
Your friend is at a perfect time to marry. As long as he can keep his old wealth separate, it won't be involved in the divorce. So he has plenty of assets to avoid getting divorce raped.

At this time there is no net benefit positive to marriage:

1. The best you get from a woman in terms of sex and treatment will be before marrying
2. Your earning power and assets will never be in real jeopardy if you dont marry
3. living with a female full time creates incredible stress on your body, mind, and soul.

There is no net benefit to marriage under any circumstances.

For children: as long as you can arrange things so that you are very near them and can see them at will and interact with them at will, that is the same.

Marriage is just a 10,000 year old system of control to enable men to calm their fear of being cuckolded and allow them to best ensure that they are passing their own property down their own blood-line.

It's not that hard to understand.

I stand firm against marriage, but if I had to marry anybody it'd be a girl from EE or Japan. I think most of the anti-marriage retoric from this site are directed towards American wilderbeast's.

A reoccuring theme for me has been hate directed at single guys at the office by MMP (miserable married people). Guys are more vocal about it, while women just snear or give you dirty looks/comments. I don't get it. YOU decided to do this to yourself, either by a) not pulling out, or b) listening to somebody else (religion, parents, peers) instead of yourself. Everybody knows that the way you think when you're 18 is completely different than how you think at 24 and 30. Why the fuck would you give it all up after high school or college and get married before you even start enjoying your life? I'd say 90% of the young people I come in contact with on base here in Germany are married. WTF, I wanna slap the shit out of them. 18 and marrying the first girl who gives you pussy, or the dorm/barrack slut just because she gave you some pussy. American dudes are just born suckers, plain and simple. We deserve what we get.

I'm lucky. Both my parents were horrible at marriage so I saw firsthand as a child that this whole thing was bullshit. My mom doesn't even ask if I'm gonna get married anymore. She knows the deal.

This. The problem with marriage now is that it's so easy to dissolve(no fault divorce, irreconcible differences, etc). There's no real incentive for women to want "work" on the relationship.

In the last few decades there's this idea that marriage is about "love" which is where I feel the problem lies: basing a life-long binding decision on an emotion is foolish. Marriage was an avenue to ensure that men had heirs that were theirs. Soon as marriage becomes about two people loving each other and not about 2 people pooling their genetic and financial assets to raise their offspring you get thing like gay marriage, which is why I oppose it.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Marriage Benefit:
----------------
Citizenship

Dual Citizenship

Cultural backgrounds for your children

Recognized as a family by other family

Authorities are easier on you and lend more credability to you than if you were single.

Jobs are easier to get if you are a 'family man'

People think you are a bit more responsible and have an easier time trusting you.

Stability for your children (who the hell wants to be born into a single parent household?)

More opportunities for your children (In China people look down on children born out of wedlock or without fathers, they are not offered the same opportunities in ANYTHING)

I'm with a girl from China (currently in China).

Hate all you want, you guys seriously sound like a bunch of feminists. This is borderline MGTOW.

If you have a kid, its better to be married in a good relationship than with some broad you just met or a fuvk buddy. Trust me, I used to be the biggest opponent to marriage until I got here and realized that all of that hate is directed at american/canadian marriage only. I was a regular poster on http://www.nomarriage.com and very active in the MGTOW forums. The idea is to stop picking girl's out of the world's dumpster and start meeting QUALITY women (they do not exist in NORTH AMERICA). You also have to drop being a PUA because game only attracts negative women into your life. PUAs attract sluts, period... women you need to game, are not worth your time!!!

You've got to go somewhere that requires 0 game to pull women, when you get there you'll understand. I've been following game for 10 years and the girl I ended up with, I never used one neg, one opener, one anything... she is the natural AFC... the way it should be. Marriage to her is so super easy, I wake up, shes game for sex. I want to play a game, she goes and watches her shows. I want to hang out with my buddies, she cleans the house or makes friends with his girlfriend. I lead, she follows and it comes naturally. No fighting, no competition, she's the woman, she knows her place. She wears jeans and a heavy sweater when she goes out because she doesn't want other men looking at her. When she's with me she gets dressed up in her cosplay gear: Lolitta dress, pantyhose, club platform boots and acts super cute. She takes care of me when I'm sick, runs errands for me when I need her... I had the opportunity to meet a guy from this forum...really nice guy and he said to her "do you realize you are a 10 where we are from?". She thinks she's ugly. Also doesn't wear makeup, never learned how... spent her entire life working hard in a factory and eating plain white rice. Expects nothing.

I posted this before and I'll post it again: my wedding cost us $1.50 and was over in 10 minutes. That is the dream wedding I have always wanted.

Now before you guys launch your hate, my wife has lots of single friends 20 to 25 y/o friends, if you are interested in meeting them you can always PM me. I'm 10 years older than my wife