rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting employment with a Criminal Record

So a buddy of mine got screwed over by a girl. I won't go into details, but it was elaborate and it was bad, and now he's got a nasty sex-related charge on his criminal record. He got out early this year, but now no place will hire him on because of his record. He's working crap jobs at clubs and running pizzas, and is in danger of losing his house. He says he probably wouldn't be able to find a new one, because apartments, etc. run background checks on tenants. I've been trying to help him where I can, but I'm not exactly part of the 1% and none of my networking contacts have work he'd be suitable for. (College degree, but no real specific skills.)

Has anybody here ever dealt with something like this, or knows somebody who has? Were they able to find steady employment some place, and if so, how'd they pull it off? I know there's no silver bullet that'll make all his problems go away, but if you've got any advice at all it would really help him out.

Thanks guys.

no company will hire him due to the liability he brings with him. if a company hired him and a complaint of sexual harrassment was made against him legally the company would be fucked since his past sexual records would be a slamdunk for the female client suing the company. he should become a consultant or self employed. otherwise he could always get a job in a male oreinted field like construction, oil rig or mining where employers would be more willing to overlook his past.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Only options are start his own business or move to somewhere where they don't give a shit about those things (Asia). Or he can bitch, complain and live in squalor for the next 40 year until he's dead...

Obviously the system is fucked. It's become easier and easier to get a police record for anything. And simultaneously the hiring process of any company is run by a 25 year old SWPL "masters of government procedure" girl if you're lucky, a computer screening algorithm if you're unlucky.

But if you're friend or anyone is waiting around for the world to clue in and start to treat him fairly, he'll be waiting till long past he and the children he never is going to have are dead.

I do not have charges,but have worked with many people who have charges ranging from (2 to 10+ years) in temp labor. There is a company called Labor Ready( http://www.laborready.com/ ) that offers day-to-day work, they do not have very rigid hiring standards; I worked frequently with a guy who had a 15 year drug charge . Some assignments are one-off, but some are routine(every Thursday,seasonal etc). I worked a roofing job with this guy and the roofing company ended up hiring him on full-time after seeing that he was competent and reliable.Also, employment office managers will steer work your way if you are dependable. Caveat, do not share any personal details w/ fellow workers. Especially if you have your own transportation.

Quote:Quote:

Has anybody here ever dealt with something like this, or knows somebody who has? Were they able to find steady employment some place, and if so, how'd they pull it off? I know there's no silver bullet that'll make all his problems go away, but if you've got any advice at all it would really help him out.

The good new is the hiring process can be gamed. First, I have a question, Faust: Is your friend passing interviews and the criminal charge is being found in the subsequent background checks or is he admitting to it on applications/in interviews?

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

I'm not sure how they pull up information on you in the US. But in Canada most of it is tied to the SIN or SSN(US). He could file a police report online that his wallet was stolen from his car and then file with the government for a new SSN. Hopefully they won't link the 2 and he might be able to slide under the radar that way.

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

"First, I have a question, Faust: Is your friend passing interviews and the criminal charge is being found in the subsequent background checks or is he admitting to it on applications/in interviews? "

Yeah, the former's what's happening. He makes it through the interviews and is bounced out on the check.

The problem with sex-related charges is that it is so easy to search for them. Name and DOB is all that is needed. You don't even need to pay a background check company to search for sex-related charges: you can do it with google.

I suggest he start his own small business. Any small business. Hot dog stand, handy-man service, lawn care, etc.. I once new a guy who was busted for cocaine trafficing and did several years in the pen. When he got out he started his own small business because no one would hire him, and now he is doing pretty well. That is what I advise for this dude unless he wants to risk it and buy a fake SS Card & ID (which is illegal and not cheap if you want good docs).

He's got a college degree. Do some teaching certification and head to SE Asia. He can sell his house and buy a decent place there, or multiple places and rent one out. There are many options if you think outside the US box. If that's too far, I'm sure he can do something similar in Central America.

well a lot of western guys with drug or sexual crime charges work in Asia teaching english to students ranging from kindergarten to college. It's really fucked up.

Im pretty sure rig jobs are more leniant with felons and records.

In canada you dont have to legally tell them if you have a criminal history or not.

The moving business is kind to fellows with criminal records. Not the greatest pay (or the easiest work), but when minimum wage is under $8.00, then $11.00-$12.00 per hour isn't too shabby. Especially if your options are limited. The last fellow I worked for in the moving business payed $12.45 per hour, and most of the crew was composed of ex-con's.

I've done it before and while it sucked, the money would have been easy to pile up if not for my own indulgences.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Quote: (11-18-2012 02:18 AM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

In canada you dont have to legally tell them if you have a criminal history or not.

But they do background checks for decent companies. It's not about legally telling them, it's beating the background check.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (11-18-2012 02:22 AM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

The moving business is kind to fellows with criminal records. Not the greatest pay (or the easiest work), but when minimum wage is under $8.00, then $11.00-$12.00 per hour isn't too shabby. Especially if your options are limited. The last fellow I worked for in the moving business payed $12.45 per hour, and most of the crew was composed of ex-con's.

I've done it before and while it sucked, the money would have been easy to pile up if not for my own indulgences.

Need any experience for that? Where do you find the jobs? Through connections or online?

When you say money easy to pile up, what type of funds are we talking here?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (11-18-2012 10:05 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (11-18-2012 02:22 AM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

Need any experience for that? Where do you find the jobs? Through connections or online?

When you say money easy to pile up, what type of funds are we talking here?

I grew up around the moving business, 95% of the guys working at moving companies either walked in and asked for a job or called and asked if the company is hiring.

Connections would help get some of the better gigs, but they're certainly not necessary.

I haven't been in the business for years now but last time around nobody I worked with probably even knew how to use a computer, so I can't imagine online applications are very popular.

If you're at a decent company you could make up to 3k per month, depending on overtime. A lot of customers also tip - sometimes hundreds of dollars. (A local millionaire once tipped my dad $200 and let him drive his Rolls Royce).

Finally, regarding experience - if you can lift 70-80 lbs. repeatedly, that's about all the experience you need. How to load a truck, properly pack boxes, etc. is something everybody learns on the job.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Get a trade. You can always work for yourself. Or, if possible get a pardon.

OK, this story has a fucking RETARDED ending, but it's good advice so I'm gonna post it in hopes it'll help somebody out.

So my buddy calls me a few days later, and he tells me he NEVER BOTHERED TO LOOK AT WHAT WAS ON HIS RECORD.

The problem he had happened in another state, and wasn't even showing up on the searches people in his state do. What DID happen, however, is that somebody else with his name who lived in another part of the state had committed embezzlement from their company. So naturally nobody wanted to hire him. He got it fixed immediately and should have a job by the end of next week.

If you find yourself failing background checks, even if you THINK you know why, look at what's on your record. It can't hurt, and it could help a lot.

Quote: (11-23-2012 08:12 PM)Faust Wrote:  

OK, this story has a fucking RETARDED ending, but it's good advice so I'm gonna post it in hopes it'll help somebody out.

So my buddy calls me a few days later, and he tells me he NEVER BOTHERED TO LOOK AT WHAT WAS ON HIS RECORD.

The problem he had happened in another state, and wasn't even showing up on the searches people in his state do. What DID happen, however, is that somebody else with his name who lived in another part of the state had committed embezzlement from their company. So naturally nobody wanted to hire him. He got it fixed immediately and should have a job by the end of next week.

If you find yourself failing background checks, even if you THINK you know why, look at what's on your record. It can't hurt, and it could help a lot.

Oh man, I can't stop laughing.

And here we all thought that this guy was another victim of feminism...

Oh he was, he was. Like "a year in a state pen 1000 miles from home"-level screwed. It'd be getting off topic, so I won't post it here, but PM me if you want to hear what may be the worst story I've ever heard about a woman screwing over a guy.

That said, though, this part of the story is entirely his own fault.