rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The RVF Black Friday Guide

While countless obese betas camp out in front of national chain stores to save on consumer electronics (Line already forming at Best Buy in El Cajon, CA), the Red Pill man takes advantage of the big sales to purchase things of a more useful nature.

slickdeals.net is a great website for finding deals in general and has a section dedicated to Black Friday but it can be hard to navigate through all the nonsense.

This thread will serve as a place to share the better deals for men who share our interests. I personally will stick more to online sales this year though I've found it relatively easy to infiltrate the "doorbusters" without standing in line for more than an hour or so (which isn't bad if you bring your buddies).

Actual footage from Black Friday 2011:

[Image: 2juxjn.gif]

One of the first things that has caught my eye is goHastings.com is doing a Buy 1 Get 1 Free on hardcover books and Buy 2 Get 2 Free on paperback books.

I will definitely be taking advantage of the B2G2 free offering to grab a few nonfiction works I've been wanting to read.

I need a new laptop, something cheap and affordable. I don't play games but I have a shit ton of music so I need a lot of hard drive. Something portable as well. If I can get it online better since I am quite sure I will be working on Black Friday.

Quote: (11-15-2012 06:47 PM)Captain Ahab Wrote:  

I need a new laptop, something cheap and affordable. I don't play games but I have a shit ton of music so I need a lot of hard drive. Something portable as well. If I can get it online better since I am quite sure I will be working on Black Friday.

What are you looking to spend? What do you consider "a lot" of hard drive? Even the most obsessive audiophile would have trouble filling the hard drive of today's entry-level laptops (250-320 GB is pretty much the bare minimum these days).

slickdeals Black Friday Laptop Category

A few websites have already posted deals, including Dell.com and OfficeMax.com. The Dell Inspiron 14z for 299.99 at the top of the list is definitely a solid deal.

Wait in car, identify 'promising' shoppers leaving store, follow said shoppers to home, rob.

Quote: (11-15-2012 06:55 PM)Enigma Wrote:  

Quote: (11-15-2012 06:47 PM)Captain Ahab Wrote:  

What are you looking to spend? What do you consider "a lot" of hard drive? Even the most obsessive audiophile would have trouble filling the hard drive of today's entry-level laptops (250-320 GB is pretty much the bare minimum these days).

slickdeals Black Friday Laptop Category

A few websites have already posted deals, including Dell.com and OfficeMax.com. The Dell Inspiron 14z for 299.99 at the top of the list is definitely a solid deal.

Nice, yeah 500GB should be nice. I will probably lock in something on my charge card within the next week. Link me to some more deals if you see em.

Dockers.com 40% off sitewide (no minimum) + Free Shipping on orders over $50.

If you choose to go to stores, here is a tip.

Go with someone else. This is a must for this.
The second you walk in the store (don't wait in line, go anytime during the day), one of you grab a cart and get in line.
-Either you wait in line with the cart and try and game whatever is around you or
-Your friend grabs the cart and you casually shop.
Go shopping and just continually walk over and put you stuff in the cart.
45-90 minutes later, depending on the store, check out.

You will still be stuck dealing with boatloads of people, but you can casually shop and basically check out when you are done.