rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tuthmosis Cooks a Steak Like Thedude

Like I mentioned in thedude3737's excellent steak thread yesterday, it just so happened that I'd bought a steak, literally, hours before he posted his thread. Having been flaked on nasty tonight--by this chick with a near-perfect body--I decided to fire up the cast irons and treat myself to the culinary delights of thedude.

Step 1: The Starch.
I can't have steak without some sort of starch, and decided to go with the old mainstay--the baked potato. I go simple: I rub it with oil, kosher-salt it generously, and put it right on the rack at 350. I gave that the requisite head start.

[attachment=8676]

Step 2: The Cut.
One of my favorites is the rib-eye, for its marbling and tenderness. Here, it is kosher-salted and ground-peppered already.

[attachment=8678]

Step 3: The Fry.
Like thedude instructed, I was generous with the oil (in this case, peanut). I went with my heaviest, largest, manliest cast iron--a 15-pound monstrosity that takes like 10 minutes to pre-heat if you have a stove with not-that-many BTUs like I do currently.

[attachment=8674]

Step 4: The Butter Baste.
Against my better judgment, I did as I was told. I also added the smashed garlic. I also didn't have a sprig of rosemary.

[attachment=8672]

Step 5: The Curl.
As pan-fried rib eyes tend to, my steak started to curl on my-ass. I was prepared for this contigency, so I dropped my cast-iron press right on top of it, to ensure the all-important patina.

[attachment=8677]

Step 6: The Finish.
As I mentioned in my post in the original thread, I like my steaks around medium-well. I cooked it on a little lower flame (still high), but longer, but eventually had to pull it, to ensure that it didn't overcook and get tough. I tented it with foil for the rest, while I finished up my sides.

[attachment=8679]

Step 7: The Greens.
I like my digestion smooth, and I haven't been eating enough vegetables lately. I decided to fire up some kale in the smaller cast iron. I did it "brazilian style," with garlic and vinegar.

[attachment=8675]

Step 8: The Final Product.
This is what I ate while typing this thread.

[attachment=8673]

Final Observations

1. Thedude is legit. He's not big-balling us with his chef claims.

2. I slightly overcooked my steak since I was going for the higher internal temperatures. It wasn't particularly thick--and I went with the touch technique--but didn't account for the rest enough. Still, it was tasty.

3. For guys who like the medium-well and well-done temperatures, the hot-oven finish works, but sacrifices the crispy exterior and ruggedness of the pan fry.

4. While my favorite cooking technique for meats continues to be the grill, this is an excellent way to eat like a man when you don't have access to your grill, the weather doesn't permit, or you're out of fuel (gas, wood, charcoal).

8/10. Would endorse.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

the color you got on the "calotte" is perfect. That's the exterior muscle that wraps around the ribeye, also known as the rib cap. As with any new cooking technique, practice makes perfect. Depending on which end of the loin the ribeye is cut, you will get some curling due to the constriction of the silverskin membrane that surround certain parts of the ribeye. With some more practice you can get that same super dark color on the calotte to the rest of the steak. Nice work man.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Nice post Tuth.

You either never cook, or you're a neat freak because your stove is spotless.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Not bad. That looks like a fine dinner.

What did you drink with your meal?

Do you like to listen to music while you eat? Call me strange, but I love to listen to music like this as I eat a fancy ass meal that I spent time creating.

Are you wearing silk socks?

Tuth, I was just looking at this thread after banging a half DR, half Polish butt slut squirter. She caught a glimpse of this thread. She swears she recognizes that plate and stove...

[Image: grouphug.gif]

Awesome post the dude, by the way, my steak technique, in hindsight, is pitiful.

Quote: (11-12-2012 01:07 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

You either never cook, or you're a neat freak because your stove is spotless.

I cook regularly, though I go through stints of not cooking (when I run out of groceries and am too lazy to go to the grocery store). I try to keep my stove clean, since it helps my overall psychology. I'm definitely on the tidy side, but not a neat-freak by any stretch.

Quote: (11-12-2012 01:46 AM)kickboxer Wrote:  

Do you like to listen to music while you eat? Call me strange, but I love to listen to music like this as I eat a fancy ass meal that I spent time creating.

I had water with ice with it--blue collar. I also took my zinc pills with it. I'll probably wake up with raging wood tomorrow, given the killer combination.

I like Baroque music quite a bit, but it so happens that I was listening to the forum's new mousy friend this particular time.

Quote: (11-12-2012 02:03 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

Tuth, I was just looking at this thread after banging a half DR, half Polish butt slut squirter. She caught a glimpse of this thread. She swears she recognizes that plate and stove...

Does DR stand for Dominican Republic in this case? Never heard of that combo.

Don't think recognition of the (very generic) kitchen implements didn't cross my mind. [Image: lol.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (11-12-2012 01:46 AM)kickboxer Wrote:  

Not bad. That looks like a fine dinner.

Are you wearing silk socks?

The Steak Looks Great I should Try that Out @ Kickstart if you like Music like that you will Love Germany and Austria. Look for Salzburger festpiele or die Wiener opera.
On of my uncles her in Germany is a Big Fan of Classic Music and he enjoys eating Good so if you like that take a Trip to Vienna.

That does it! Im preparing a fucking steak when I go home tonight, end of story!

Tuth, only one step's missing here:

Step 9: The Bang

I mean, seriously, what chick did you cook-game? do you cook this for yourself?

Cooking game is one of my favourites, and this minimalist dish sounds like a winner.

Enjoy your meal.

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)