rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What Skills do you think you Need in the 21. Century

Hi Roosher's hope you're doing well.
I want to Start a Theread about what you think the skills are Modern People Need in this Century to be succesful. I believe that ouer Systems Lack a few of them so Most People might Need to learn them on there Own. So let me Start :

1)The Ability to Focuss on a Project: Doesen't matter if it is A Bussines you want to Start a Fitness Plan you Need to be able to Focuss on it 100% to make it succesful

2) The Ability to Solve Problems, think Creative and think outside the box: You will have Challenges and Problems all the time the question is how do you Solve them and find unique Solutions if you can do that you can Solve you're Own Problems and help other People Solve theres which can help you create a Business ore a highly succesful Consulting Carrere since that is what Business and consultants do they Solve you're Problems ore companies Problems.

3.) Negoiation Skills: I am Personaly Not the best at that Skill my Mum Beats me at that. But I know what I Need to do get what I want I am willing to Walk away I am still Working on that but I think this Skill is Important.
4.) Game I am still Working on that but i believe Having Game solves alot of Problems you're Not going to be disctracted since you know how to Attract Woman so no Trying to Impress Them ore Westring Time. I think Game cane help you with People in General since alot of People don't have it you are at an Advantage. Maybe Someone with more experiences can say more about that.

5.) The Ability to Make Money: I am Not Talking about going to a Job hehe I am Talking about Having the skills to make Money whenever you Need it. It doesen't matter if you have an online Bussiness, Own Real Estate Trade, sell you're Service but beeing able to Provide fore you'reself with Out Having a Job and Goverment Support is important. Jobs are Not what they where a few Decades ago and People Need to be Independent from Jobs so that they are Not at Risk of loosing there Standard of living After beeing fired.

6.) The Ability to manage Money and have it work for you: I think alot of People who make Great Money just think they are going to be Rich just because they make 40.000 a Month or More but what you make means shit. I know People who make 40.000 a Month and are broke After 3 Weeks of living the "Good live" So broke that they Need a Credit from there Boss and choose to Pay it back True there Future earnings. It's Not just about what you make but what you do with that Money you Need to Master Money and make it work for you so you have the choice to so other Things.

No One needs to be a Milionaire ore Billionaire if that is Not what you want but Building up you're networth plus Having Casflow comming in True Investments make Life easier. It's also Great if you're Business takes of or you get Money unexpected you know what to do with it. That happend to me and I was happy to send it to my Friends in Switzerland who are now managing some of it.

7.) Creating Habbit's and getting Things Down :
Everybody nows that what you do Own a Daily Basis is Important so creating Good habits is on of the Key skills in my opinion to achieve you're Goals. Getting Things Down is important Aswel and should be 1 of you're Habbit's Procrastination is a bitch and kills success.

8.) Emotional Intelligence: (Working on that) Not beeing upset by small Stuff and learning to manage and Deal with Emotions some people choose to be upset about an Event there whole Life learn to get over thinks and focuss on the next steps. Especially when Working with Money you Need to be rational and calculate it's all about the Results Not the Story the numbers count. So beeing centered is important.

9.) Enjoying Life: Sounds funny to say that but neglecting you're Present fore you're Future is Not that Smart I think the Balance is Key so celebrazing today and Working for a better tomorrow instead of forgetting today Turning into a extreme Workaholic who is just focussed on the Future. You have to make it Fun and enjoy you'reself otherwise you will get burned Out realy fast. And that doesen't help anyone.

10.) Ability to Listen and Learn: A Smart Greek Guy Said: The thing I do know is that I know nothing ..... And there is some truth about that no matter how far you think you are in live there is always something you can learn from other People so Put you're Ego asside and Listen just Listen you might pick some Things up you didn't think about.

11)The Ability to think fore you'reself and no what is right for you: the right Business the right Food the right Sport Girl ect. If Not you're just going to waste Time doing things that other people think is right for you.

Ok That are the skills I Thought about from the Top of my Head some of them I have mastered to a certain degree other's are still work in Progress But I am curiouse to read what you Guy's think is important to make it in this Day and Age ... I am happy to hear you're wisdom
Take Care

The insight to know what you can work on endlessly, and never get bored.

The ability to cook a few great meals.

10.) Ability to Listen and Learn:

You've got some good things to say but I still can't read through your post without making my head spin. You're still making really rudimentary mistakes. If you just run your post through a spell-checker program, it would make your post 10x readable.

The ability to communicate efficiently in writing.

The ability to keep up with an increasingly fast-moving technological world.

Quote: (11-11-2012 08:57 AM)Kitsune Wrote:  

The ability to communicate efficiently in writing.

The ability to keep up with an increasingly fast-moving technological world.

Yep. Communication skills. Essential. The ability to write, speak, make arguments.

And above all, critical thinking.

Nun chuck skills, Bow hunting skills, Computer hacking skills.....

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (11-11-2012 11:40 AM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Nun chuck skills, Bow hunting skills, Computer hacking skills.....

[Image: potd.gif]

Quote: (11-11-2012 07:51 AM)Idlenations Wrote:  

The ability to cook a few great meals.

I strongly agree. When you learn to cook, you avoid unhealthy processed and canned foods. And it is so easy to do now with the Internet. When I want to cook something, I just put a search in google or Youtube and come up with dozens of recipes. Learning to cook is also highly productive – a little input reaps a huge benefit.

Rico... Sauve....

In high school my physics teacher was the best teacher I ever had. Vietnam vet, fiercely intellectual, and had a few eccentricities that the kids ridiculed him for. I knew then that he had more to teach than just physics.

One day he told us, "Half the jobs that you guys are preparing for don't even exist yet. If you take nothing else from high school, it should be this: Learn how to learn."

Critical thought, the ability to process information, and the ability to adapt. The Matrix is stronger than it's ever been. It's not just enough to be smart, you gotta question and respond.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Thank you for you're replys. The Ability to Cook is a Great Skill I learned since I used to get Sick from alot of Food that I was eating. Now I kno exactly what my Body needs and I have a few meals I can Cook to keep myself Full.

I appogize for my Bad writting It's not realy on purpose but It is just on of the weakness I have and since I don't realy Need it except for this Forrum.

I choose to spend my Time Improoving other skils at the Moment. Most of my Comunication is Down Face to Face or via Skype phone ect so I am just starting to use Text Communication.( I feel like a 1. Grader when it Comes to that)

I will Set some Time asside to Research a Great Software that helps me wright the Words I want to say. There are a few People who have the Same Problem I have so there Most be a Solution for that.

I Actualy do want readers to easily understand what I am saying so I will work on that ase soon ase I can Set some Time asside and focuss 100% on that Topic.

Thank you for Understanding [Image: smile.gif]

Coding. I think this will be a required skill set for the next generation. There are still many high-paying jobs in tech/IT. Codeacademy.com is a good place to start. I would also recommend learning Java. Go to Java.org and download the Java Development Kit (JDK). Over 4 billion devices use Java. Pretty much every android app is written in Java. Learn how to program and you'll be relatively indispensable in the marketplace. If you're just starting out, you won't become an expert as it's a lifelong journey but you will be proficient enough to command a good salary.

Quote: (11-11-2012 03:03 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Coding. I think this will be a required skill set for the next generation. There are still many high-paying jobs in tech/IT. Codeacademy.com is a good place to start. I would also recommend learning Java. Go to Java.org and download the Java Development Kit (JDK). Over 4 billion devices use Java. Pretty much every android app is written in Java. Learn how to program and you'll be relatively indispensable in the marketplace. If you're just starting out, you won't become an expert as it's a lifelong journey but you will be proficient enough to command a good salary.

@ Casanova

Interresting Ase Kid that was what I wanted to do but it wasen't worth the Erfort to me in the Long Run.

I have a question: Don't you think that the competition is High for coding and Programming ? Especially from Cheaper countrys like india and the Philippines ?

My Brothers god father Works in a Big German IT Company and his Brother's Company is Outsourcing alot of work to india. He just toled me Last Thursday that bis Brother is baysicly just managing the workers there since they Need to be supervised and showed step by step on how to do the work.

Maybe I have scewed view about coding but to me it Looks like the competition from Cheap countrys is to High to Justify spending you're Time learning it.

Except you actualy go the Independent Route and create Software ore an app or something like that.

I don't have a high experience with that Topic I am just Sharing what I think and know. I you can Show an Exampel of where Knowing how to Code benefitted Someone you know.

Take Care
Eric

Quote: (11-11-2012 04:47 PM)SelfPaid Wrote:  

@ Casanova

Interresting Ase Kid that was what I wanted to do but it wasen't worth the Erfort to me in the Long Run.

I have a question: Don't you think that the competition is High for coding and Programming ? Especially from Cheaper countrys like india and the Philippines ?

My Brothers god father Works in a Big German IT Company and his Brother's Company is Outsourcing alot of work to india. He just toled me Last Thursday that bis Brother is baysicly just managing the workers there since they Need to be supervised and showed step by step on how to do the work.

Maybe I have scewed view about coding but to me it Looks like the competition from Cheap countrys is to High to Justify spending you're Time learning it.

Except you actualy go the Independent Route and create Software ore an app or something like that.

I don't have a high experience with that Topic I am just Sharing what I think and know. I you can Show an Exampel of where Knowing how to Code benefitted Someone you know.

Take Care
Eric

If you're a US citizen there is tons of opportunity in the federal government and its related contracting industry. For security reasons, federal government work can't be outsourced so there is a huge domestic market for technical people with programming skills, especially since many college-educated Americans don't pursue technical careers. RVF member Urbanerd could also shed light on this. The related security clearances and skills certifications can go a long way in establishing stable and gainful employment.

There's also quite a few opportunities - both in the public and private sector - to work remotely in this field. Depending on the nature of the company and the position, you may have the mobility to work from almost anywhere in the world. I have a friend who does this in Brazil though his company is based in California. He only sees his colleagues in the US once or twice a year, which works perfectly for him since he has to leave Brazil every six months anyway to renew his tourist visa.

The ability to perceive reality accurately, and do what it takes or learn what you need to learn, to get where you want to go...

...AS OPPOSED to "wanting the world to be a certain way" and trying to impose your fantasy on reality (which doesnt work. I've tried)

Great so it belongs to the list especially with most people not learning it you might be in a good position. Thank you for adding Value to this thread

Quote: (11-12-2012 09:16 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

The ability to perceive reality accurately, and do what it takes or learn what you need to learn, to get where you want to go...

...AS OPPOSED to "wanting the world to be a certain way" and trying to impose your fantasy on reality (which doesnt work. I've tried)

Thank's richie this is very important I found it out the hard way and on of my most succesful friends from highschool toled me that all the Time.
Don't fall for Illusions

I am happy I found it out sooner than later since trying to change things' that you have no influence of is just delusional frustrating and doesen't help anyone.

I choose to increase my own quality of life instead of trying to drag people allong who don't actualy want to do what I do so no point for me trying to help people who don't truly want my help or don't know what they want.

Been there down that got frustrated by it and stoped doing it.
Beeing more honest to myslef and to other people is what I got out of it.

This is very accurate.

Think of the kids growing up today who have been using computers since they were in diapers. They're technology/internet natives. There are teenagers right now with more relevant coding skills than guys with thirty years of experience.

Ten years from now, almost every white collar worker will be expected to know basic coding, much the same way as white collar workers today are expected to be proficient with MS Office software.

Hell, a few years ago I was doing some finance work for a government contractor. Their reporting system was an inefficient mess, they had everything stored in Excel spreadsheets. I spent a few weeks trying to deal with their system, but it was driving me crazy how bloated it was. So I spent some time reading up on some basic SQL/Access database programming. Within a couple weeks I was able to build an automated database that cut the workload of maintaining their reporting spreadsheets by like 90%. For the remainder of the contract, I mostly sat around twiddling my thumbs, because I had automated most of the work.

And keep in mind, this was just with a rudimentary knowledge of SQL, not even true programming.

Being able to write programs to automate tasks is an extremely powerful and valuable skill. Young guys who learn how to do it well will set themselves up for a prosperous future.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Yes Kid's growing up are more tech savy but from my experiences. And seeing my siblings and Cousins who are Younger than I am.

There skills are mor with Using Youtube, Facebook, Google ect not really coding or Prograing.

in my Highschool a friend and I Build our School Website and we where the only 2 Interested in the Subject of Programming: HTML, CSS AMD other Things.

I noticed that it is an Advantage but Most School Kid's don't think it's cool so it is highly associated with something that just Nerds do.

But that is a Good Thing, since the Less People have the skills you have the Less competition you have and if you're skills are in High demand you can increase you're Salary and be in a pretty Good Position.

It's the Same with other skills that Not Many People have People where throwing Money at Bearnie Madoff since he Created the Illusion of beeing a Verry Good Investor.

if he could actualy back this up in Real Life he would be a Free man with more Money than he Knows what to do with. Since there are Not Many People Out there who can Turn 1$. Into 10$ and 100$ and manage to keep there Money.

So the Less People can do what you do the more you can make:
Garbagle Collector=10per houer Laywer for Asset Protection 400per houer. Or Even better Entrpeneur= Unlimited since you Provide Value with Out beeing there and you're Time and Income are seperated if you do it Smart.

Hope that Makes Sense

I think the ultimate killer combination of the 21st century is sales + technical know how.

Think Steve Jobs (I know he wasn't an engineer per se but you know what I mean, a good salesman who understood technology).

hey great post [Image: smile.gif]

are your advices based on the 21 convention? is a coaching group that gives conferences all over the world related to this stuff

asi you can see here:
http://www.the21convention.com/

If you're in your 20's

If the economy basically stays the same

1) Another language - Cantonese (a lotta factories in South China), Bahasa Indonesian (4th largest population in the world), Arabic, Portuguese, maybe Spanish and Russian

2) How to really use the net - how to build legitimate social media followings, understanding Search Engines, understanding online reputation - basically most of us are just lemmings, but there are some real predators out there able to leverage what happens on the net for big bucks, w/o programming

3) Programming

If the economy tanks
1) another language
2) hard skills for resource extraction jobs - the only place you'll be safe from women taking your jobs
- welding
- electrician, plumbers, carpenters, mechanics

If we're talking a Mad Max situation because of peak oil, global warming, economic crashes, bath salts turning people into zombies
3) survival skills
- gardening/farming
- cooking
- fishing/hunting/dressing an animal/butchering
- shooting a gun
- hand to hand combat
- negotiating
- making a shelter
- finding water/digging wells/storing water/purifying water
- handling waste

WIA

Quote: (11-20-2012 03:46 PM)spanish_courage Wrote:  

hey great post [Image: smile.gif]

are your advices based on the 21 convention? is a coaching group that gives conferences all over the world related to this stuff

asi you can see here:
http://www.the21convention.com/

If you mean me know I don't know 21. Convention but I tryed Out alot of Things and I enjoy Reading and learning from People who are ahead of me in the Game Called Live?

Have you been to the Convention ? Sounds Interresting I am 22 but Maybe they will let me in [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (11-20-2012 11:12 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

If you're in your 20's

If the economy basically stays the same

1) Another language - Cantonese (a lotta factories in South China), Bahasa Indonesian (4th largest population in the world), Arabic, Portuguese, maybe Spanish and Russian

2) How to really use the net - how to build legitimate social media followings, understanding Search Engines, understanding online reputation - basically most of us are just lemmings, but there are some real predators out there able to leverage what happens on the net for big bucks, w/o programming

3) Programming

If the economy tanks
1) another language
2) hard skills for resource extraction jobs - the only place you'll be safe from women taking your jobs
- welding
- electrician, plumbers, carpenters, mechanics

If we're talking a Mad Max situation because of peak oil, global warming, economic crashes, bath salts turning people into zombies
3) survival skills
- gardening/farming
- cooking
- fishing/hunting/dressing an animal/butchering
- shooting a gun
- hand to hand combat
- negotiating
- making a shelter
- finding water/digging wells/storing water/purifying water
- handling waste

WIA

Great, but that Sounds like alot to learn I don't know If I would be able to Master them all. One Skill might Take you a few Months some eben years to learn.
Have you mastered some of the skills you have outlined? And how have you done it ?

I am Personaly Focussing in the Core skills which will give ms acces to other peoples skills so If I fore Exampel have acces to Money i cane use that ase a Tool to Pay Someone Else to use his Skills for myself.

I enjoy Cooking but If I don't want to Cook, or don't have the Time I can Pay Someone Else to Cook for me and create a Win Win Situation . That means you can reduce the skills you Personaly Want to Master by accesing them true other People who have mastered them.

That's the Modell that Works best for me since learning Game, Increasing my Networth, Fitness and enjoying Life is allready Almost a Fulltimejob Job for me.

Quote: (11-12-2012 02:08 PM)Andy_B Wrote:  

I think the ultimate killer combination of the 21st century is sales + technical know how.

Think Steve Jobs (I know he wasn't an engineer per se but you know what I mean, a good salesman who understood technology).

Yes Steve Job is an Inspiration.
Knowing how to sell is definetly important I guess you always have to deal with other People. Steve Job was also I Great Inovater, and he Knew how to do what Works.

I reduced his Products to just a few Core Products and made them Ase succesful Ase he could.

We cann all learn from Steve Jobs in my Opinion Aple is the Most Valuable Company and is thriving. Dell, Blackberry, Nokia, Motorolla all had there Time but they failed to do something that Aple did.