rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Whiten your teeth for $5....MANDATORY

Whiten your teeth for ....MANDATORY

Men, a horrible pet peeve of mine is guys with yellow teeth. I wrote about this NUMEROUS times on my blog.

http://thecaptainpower.blogspot.com/2012...=BP_recent

I have actually made some of my wingmen bleach their teeth on the spot an hour before we went out....

So what is my system for white teeth? I buy the cheap ass $5 Riteaid teeth whitener.

I smear one gob on in the morning shower
I smear one gob on in the evening shower
I smear one god on if I am getting ready to go out....

Trust me, yellow teeth isn't a deal breaker, but it definately makes you look 5-10% worse. Instead of banging 8 and 9's, you can only bang 5's and 6's...

White teeth is a sign of good health and upper social status.

No more yellow teeth!!!!

Power out![/code]

This is hilarious.

5-10%? If they're pretty yellow I'd say an easy 20%+

have a link? dont have rite aid near me, the one I use sucks

What do these teeth whitening gels do to your tooth health long term? I have some whitening strips sitting on my counter that I bought, but haven't used them yet.

This is especially true of men over 30.

Yellow teeth adds 5 years to your perceived age.

The crest whitestrips hurt, but they do work wonders.

I rinse my mouth with hydrogen peroxide 3% mixed 50/50 with water and it keeps my teeth pretty white. I also don't drink coffee, so the stains are minimal. I'll try this method and see if it gets my teeth whiter.

Quote: (11-07-2012 06:30 PM)slubu Wrote:  

how and why do the whitestrips hurt?

Quote: (11-07-2012 06:51 PM)sucio44 Wrote:  

Quote: (11-07-2012 06:30 PM)slubu Wrote:  

how and why do the whitestrips hurt?

I've never experienced pain from whitestrips
They do work though.

BTW
Can you post the amazon link?

How long do these things keep your teeth white and how effective are they?

You can get a pretty good deal on the Professional Strength Crest Whitestrips through Amazon. Money well spent.

I brush my teeth with hydrogen peroxide at least a few times a week. That works pretty well. My teeth aren't gleaming celebrity white, but aren't yellow either. Peroxide is just $1 a bottle.

It's so cheap to keep your teeth white that anyone walking around with yellow teeth just doesn't care. I notice tons of people from Europe with yellow teeth. Sometimes even attractive girls.

Use Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda. Peroxide is what the dentists uses but you need stronger strengths then the supermarket 5% shit. You can find it on EBAY. But the store liquid works fine.

Make a paste with: ALOE GEL, PEROXIDE, BAKING SODA, SEA SALT.

Brush your teeth with this daily and your teeth are white in a few days. The long term drawback of this is that it is harsh and can strip your enamel. So order the enamel gel from teeth people of EBAY. Trust me this is key. My teeth are very weak now from so much whitening (ebay products and homemade) and not following up with enamel gel to keep my teeth strong.

Quote: (11-07-2012 08:21 PM)txtraveler Wrote:  

BTW
Can you post the amazon link?

These are the ones I got: Crest Professional Strength Whitestrips

They are a little more expensive than some of the other versions but are supposedly more effective and they adhere to your teeth better than the ones I had used several years before.

Quote: (11-07-2012 10:25 PM)Alpha Hunter Zero Wrote:  

How long do these things keep your teeth white and how effective are they?

Depends on what style you get but I'd say they are pretty effective and your teeth will stay white for as long as you maintain them with proper dental hygiene.

I'll check it out......

While you bleach your teeth and a while after, your teeth are more susceptible to staining. You have to avoid staining foods and drinks like coffee, sodas (especially the dark ones like coke), teas, etc. You can still drink the stuff, but just use a straw and don't swish it around your teeth. Also eating a low/no carb & sugar diet is really good for your teeth and for loosing weight. I also hated flossing until I used a 'Reach Access Daily Flosser'. It's like a flossing utensil, and I don't know anyone else other than reach that makes them. Those water flossers are not enough for your teeth. That and a cleaning every 3 to 6 months will keep you in tip top shape.

Anyone used BriteSmile, those laser whitening places?

Quote: (11-07-2012 10:58 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Use Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda. Peroxide is what the dentists uses but you need stronger strengths then the supermarket 5% shit. You can find it on EBAY. But the store liquid works fine.

Make a paste with: ALOE GEL, PEROXIDE, BAKING SODA, SEA SALT.

Brush your teeth with this daily and your teeth are white in a few days. The long term drawback of this is that it is harsh and can strip your enamel. So order the enamel gel from teeth people of EBAY. Trust me this is key. My teeth are very weak now from so much whitening (ebay products and homemade) and not following up with enamel gel to keep my teeth strong.

I'd like whiter teeth but I'm really averse to stripping the enamel like that and then having to order "enamel gel" from ebay, lol. Seems like something you'd look back on in later life when your teeth are falling out and facepalm.

What are the natural ways to whiten teeth? Has anyone got results with oil pulling?

we europeans have very bad teeth it is true, dental care is expensive here and our toothpastes are not as strong due to 'ealth and safety'

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Dentist disclaimer- Bleaching is horrible for your teeth. Basically, it creates microscopic holes in your teeth that allow the whitening agent to penetrate into the hard tissue. You are more suspectible to cavities and staining after you bleach than before.

That being said if you wish to bleach your teeth, I would add an anti-cavity home-care routine. Fluoride gel in mouthpiece trays 3x/week for 20 mins before sleeping should keep your teeth nice and healthy.

For all you who are lazy at flossing (myself included), get a waterpik. We recommend it to all patients who hate flossing, and its a must if you have extensive crown/bridge/implant work.

PS. DO NOT use abrasive regularly as a toothpaste. You will strip your enamel (and ultimately cause the underlying dentin which is yellow to show through more) and furthermore cause tissue trauma. Use only a soft T-brush to brush your teeth. What you want to keep in mind is that the brush should "touch" every surface of your tooth for 2 seconds. Brushing is the wrong description, its should be light pressure( buffing).

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Quote: (11-08-2012 01:41 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

Has anyone got results with oil pulling?

I'd like to know as well. Anyone?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

What are the natural ways to whiten teeth?

I use natural whitening tooth paste and mouth wash.

mouthwash: http://www.drugstore.com/the-natural-den.../qxp240152

toothpaste: http://www.vitacost.com/jason-powersmile...ste-6-oz-4

[Image: mindblown2.png]

Quote: (11-08-2012 08:53 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Has anyone got results with oil pulling?

I'd like to know as well. Anyone?

I did oil pulling with sesame oil for about two months. I still do it, but only a few times a week now.

My teeth look about the same. Breath smells a bit better though.