rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

People who inspire us

People who inspire us

Good evening gentlemen, after a year following the forum I decided to create an account. I checked it and didn´t find anything related to these unique men who showed us the path to follow with their singular lifes. Allow me to start with sir Richard Francis Burton:

Captain Sir Richard Francis Burton KCMG FRGS (19 March 1821 – 20 October 1890) was a British geographer, explorer, translator, writer, soldier, orientalist, cartographer, ethnologist, spy, linguist, poet, fencer and diplomat. He was known for his travels and explorations within Asia, Africa and the Americas, as well as his extraordinary knowledge of languages and cultures. According to one count, he spoke 29 European, Asian and African languages.[1]

Burton's best-known achievements include traveling in disguise to Mecca, an unexpurgated translation of One Thousand and One Nights (also commonly called The Arabian Nights in English after Andrew Lang's abridgement), bringing the Kama Sutra to publication in English, and journeying with John Hanning Speke as the first Europeans to visit the Great Lakes of Africa in search of the source of the Nile. Burton extensively criticized colonial policies (to the detriment of his career) in his works and letters. He was a prolific and erudite author and wrote numerous books and scholarly articles about subjects including human behaviour, travel, falconry, fencing, sexual practices and ethnography. A unique feature of his books is the copious footnotes and appendices containing remarkable observations and information.

He was a captain in the army of the East India Company, serving in India (and later, briefly, in the Crimean War). Following this, he was engaged by the Royal Geographical Society to explore the east coast of Africa and led an expedition guided by the locals and was the first European to see Lake Tanganyika. In later life, he served as British consul in Fernando Po, Santos, Damascus and, finally, Trieste. He was a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society and was awarded a knighthood (KCMG) in 1886.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Francis_Burton

PS: English is not my native language so I apoligize in advance for all the future mistakes I will make that might hurt your eyes [Image: biggrin.gif]

She go crazy, is hamster!

People who inspire us

Thank you, I am just watching it looks realy interresting and kama sutra is something that might intrest a few Guy's here

People who inspire us

A good introduction for a first timer. Thanks for posting something interesting.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

People who inspire us

pillo sitio

People who inspire us

Duplicate topic: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-13585.html.

Quote:Roosh Wrote:

Forum Rules...
2. Use the forum search engines.
They really work! I want to punch myself in the balls every time someone asks a question that was already answered a billion times. Don't be lazy--poke around first before you start a new thread.

People who inspire us

My apologies, I did use it but didn´t get any result for the keywords I used.

She go crazy, is hamster!