rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rio tuesdays? plus a little on my adventures.. more travel generally than just women

Rio tuesdays? plus a little on my adventures.. more travel generally than just women

Oii ! :-)

Was wondering if anyone could suggest a good place to go out tonight tuesday in Rio?

After banging my local guide things got abit complicated, like I allready could have foreseen, so think its time to go solo, while I wait for Carlos to show up, to go out and mess around...

So far Rio isnt Manaus, right now I probably leaning towards that Manaus has alot more advantages than Rio overall. I must say I totally love Ipanema beach, sun or no sun, that place is just heavenly... could sit there listen to the sounds of atlantic waves crashing with gust of oceanic wind refreshing my mind..like deep meditation walking on a astal plane.. good shit!

Have seen some perfect women saturday on the way and in Lapa, but actually got alot more attention just in the streets than in the club itself, was too full and ppl where drunk.. waited like 2½ hour to get in..cant stress enought to get there in good time and probably write yourself on list if possible..

Meat is great and cheap here.. sushi can be of the hook (was a nice spot in Ipanema) plus metro is really nice. PPL dont speak alot of english, but learn a few phrases and opening lines and then point and listen hard... I wouldnt come here without any portuguese at least a little is needed, to go around.

Gringo status is apparent, but not really dominating as in alot of smaller places.. it seems that they have grown so accustomed to foreigners that you more or less is just another gringo walking the streets..

I was to a secure favella housewarming on the hills of Rio.. strange place for a dane..slum all around and eventually it got on my nerves, maybe walking on foot out of there was also a bit unnescarry, but at least it was intense, which is really my favorite drug...

Because without feeling alive, what point can there be to your security in boredom and continuality?

check out the rioforpartiers website.

then also check out nightrio.com (might have to create an user name and have the page google translated but if you wanna know where the spot to be that night is its the place to find it)

i would also try and find some local little bars with young ppl that can speak alittle english and ask them where to go tonight.

Cheers! :-)

Just arrived today to Rio. Time to figure this place out.
Floripa wass pretty cooll, but terribly expensive. Spending 600 Brazilian Reais in one night just to get in the patricinhas circle is not my kind of beach.

After banging my local guide things got abit complicated, like I allready could have foreseen, so think its time to go solo, while I wait for Carlos to show up, to go out and mess around...

a tip for you guys...planning talk about a chick here, avoid showing her the forum...

I wish I have seen this before...just repulsive...well GO THE FUCKING HELL

Quote: (08-31-2010 04:09 PM)douche Wrote:  

After banging my local guide things got abit complicated

Tell us more lol

Quote: (08-31-2010 04:09 PM)douche Wrote:  

a tip for you guys...planning talk about a chick here, avoid showing her the forum...

I wish I have seen this before...just repulsive...well GO THE FUCKING HELL

Ooops. [Image: icon_biggrin.gif]

Quasi: how much time do you think it takes to get results in rio - i went for a few days last year but felt like i didn't have enough time to figure the place out completely

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

Pics of the guide?

Quote: (09-01-2010 03:46 AM)zanetti Wrote:  

Quasi: how much time do you think it takes to get results in rio - i went for a few days last year but felt like i didn't have enough time to figure the place out completely

you need atleast 2 weeks, like in any other country to get a good feel for the city and game some locals. longer if you dont speak the language as you be be looking for girls that speak english.

Don't go to Melt on Tuesday nights. It's advertised as hostel night. I made the mistake of going with some people from the hostel. Hella dudes since most people that want to go out to clubs in Rio hostels are guys. Oh I did see some aussie girls but who the fuck would go to Brazil and try to swoop gringas.

I thought the food in Rio was horrible unless you want to spend an arm and a leg. I also thought sushi overall in Brazil was very average. I spent US$35/R$70 at an upscale sushi place in Sao Paulo and thought I would have gotten MUCH better sushi in the US for the same price. It was all you can eat, but we have all you can eat places back home for $25 that were just as good. I guess where I'm at now I'm spoiled with Sushi though. We have 4 gerat sushi restaraunts, one of them has been voted 2nd best sushi restaraunt in the world by one of the top cooking magazines.

But as far as things to do one Tuesday, not really sure, didn't go out much on Tuesdays. One place you want to check out when you are in Rio is Gavia on Thrusday nights. I'm not sure that many tourists go, but it's a huge block party that tons of Brazilians go to every Thrusday, a little outside of Ipanema and Lagoa. Lots of hotties there. Check it out, I had a lot of fun and it's super cheap! You'll probably spend around R$2.5 per bear. Its a block surrounded by barzinhos.

Zanetti, I dont know, I think that staying for a prolonged period or at least only hitting clubs with a large% english speaking girls is key.. the gyms are nice, I still drool when I think of Ipanema honnys working their sculpted bodies... amazing..

they did start a frenchtuesdays down there, depends on the tuesdays, its mostly invite only but since it just started you might be able to get in, or I can invite some of the cooler guys. hahaha