rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

US and it's Banana Republic Election

So, the election will be decided by machines that are made by a company in which Romney's family has investments? Are you KIDDING ME? What the HELL is WRONG with you Americans that you think this is perfectly OK?

Imagine if Obama's family had invested in machines that would have decided the election? All hell would have broken loose. But, this is OK?

I thought this type of stuff only happened under Middle East dictators and in banana republics. Apparently the US is no better.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/20...s-concern/

As an American I ask you, have you SEEN Americans lately? Or what passes for entertainment? With the rise of Honey Boo Boo, I see the fall of America. Not to sound melodramatic, but bread and circuses are the only thing that the MAJORITY of Mericans want.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

USA is a land of freedom. No one cheats here. The president always represents the people.

[Image: ,,,wink.gif]

No if Obama owned the machines themselves questioning it would mean being called a racist or worse. You guys are really worried if you're already making up conspiracy theories. Strangely I have the feeling the numbers will reflect the polls.

HIG, a billions-of-dollars hedge fund owns a piece of a voting machine company. Solamere Capital, run by Romney's son, owns a piece of HIG Capital (therefore establishing the family investment link). But big business owns A LOT of companies, including those that produce voting machines. And big business generally supports Romney.

Entertainment industry almost unanimously supports Obama, so almost all the singers and actors donate to and endorse Dems. That doesn't make it a media conspiracy.

In a real banana republic this would come from the party in power, not the opposition. Second, it wouldn't have been discovered, the press wouldn't have reported it, and you wouldn't be linking to those reports on forums or touting conspiracy theory bullshit.

In a real banana republic the investments, the company interests, the machines, and voter integrity wouldn't be as scrutinized as the Dems will now certainly ensure in Ohio, and that's one small part of why America is nothing like a banana republic.

P.S. I don't necessarily want Romney to win. I just don't like pseudo-intellectual America-hating ala RT.

Expat Chronicles (blog)
Colin Post (personal website)
City of Kings (tourism blog for Lima, Peru)

Quote: (10-22-2012 12:53 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

So, the election will be decided by machines that are made by a company in which Romney's family has investments? Are you KIDDING ME? What the HELL is WRONG with you Americans that you think this is perfectly OK?

Imagine if Obama's family had invested in machines that would have decided the election? All hell would have broken loose. But, this is OK?

I thought this type of stuff only happened under Middle East dictators and in banana republics. Apparently the US is no better.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/20...s-concern/

Are you American?