rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How often do you do your laundry?

I do mine every two weeks or so. I really hate the entire process.

basically when i run out of underwear or socks so that ends up being 2-3 weeks. hate doing laundry. never wash my jeans and i have a lot of button up shirts for work.

Every week, so I can wash my gym clothes. I walk a few yards to the laundry room, give the lady my laundry who washes, dries and neatly folds everything, and then I pick it up about 2 hours later. The price - 51 pesos (about $4).

Rico... Sauve....

Once a week usually.

Once a week - I don't have a lot of clothes.

Its all staggered. My Favourite basics I go through quite a bit and those get washed once a week. Socks and Boxers I have a war chest full of and can go 3 weeks until shit gets dodgy. regular stuff 2 weeks. I would rather do a bunch of small loads all the time then massive ones. I have free laundry now but prior to this I had a Cargo fucking sized Rubbermaid full of clothes. It was a day long process and to do all those loads probably would set me back 24 bucks in coins at the time.

Once a week, it's a weekend ritual. I don't own enough clothes to go 2 weeks without washing.

Every week sometimes less considering i made the mistake of only buying black bed sheets.

Usually something like every week and a half. Sometimes every two weeks if I hand wash an outfit or two and hang them up in the bathroom to dry. The maids get really pissed about that though.

Hey Kickboxer, just for you
[attachment=8358]
Stackable in my bedroom closet
[Image: mindblown.gif]

Once a week. It really doesn't take a lot of time, 5 minutes tops to start the washing machine, and another 15 to get it out, hang it for drying (on a rack on my balcony) and then fold and put into my wardrobe. I view is a truly minor household duty. It would be a lot more stress and effort to take all of it to a laundry somewhere in the city. Everything that I wear is white, gray or black, so it's easy to sort and wash in phases too.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

You have two dryers? That's how you know you've made it.

Cool setup too.

Quote: (10-22-2012 01:58 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

You have two dryers? That's how you know you've made it.

Cool setup too.
Do you really think that's two dryers?

At first I thought it was a washer and dryer but the knobs on both machines are basically the same and the wedge on the upper left side of the washer looks like it could be the lint tray. So after seeing that I concluded that you have two dryers.

Quote: (10-22-2012 02:06 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

At first I thought it was a washer and dryer but the knobs on both machines are basically the same and the wedge on the upper left side of the washer looks like it could be the lint tray. So after seeing that I concluded that you have two dryers.
You need to stop smoking for a while. How about where you put the soap? You thought there would be a better chance of me having two dryers in my closet?

This is cracking me up lol.

It's possible. You have said in the past that you enjoy buying stuff off of amazon.com when you are drunk.

I don't have a washer or dryer in my place. It's a shared laundry room for the complex.
I do it every other weekend. I drag a hefty overflowing laundry basket in there, fill
up 3 washing machines and let it run for 40 minutes. Take it out, split it up and throw
it in 2 industrial size dryers for 45 minutes.

The worst part of doing laundry is folding and ironing everything and putting it away.
Takes longer than washing it.

Team Nachos

Quote: (10-22-2012 02:34 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I don't have a washer or dryer in my place. It's a shared laundry room for the complex.
I do it every other weekend. I drag a hefty overflowing laundry basket in there, fill
up 3 washing machines and let it run for 40 minutes. Take it out, split it up and throw

The worst part of doing laundry is folding and ironing everything and putting it away.
You're not living until you have a stack unit in your bedroom. You need to move asap..
The problem is if your laundry isn't easy to do you wear things that may be dirty or not look so hot. I have favorite clothes that I wear a lot and they're always fresh.

Quote: (10-22-2012 02:40 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (10-22-2012 02:34 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

You're not living until you have a stack unit in your bedroom. You need to move asap..
The problem is if your laundry isn't easy to do you wear things that may be dirty or not look so hot. I have favorite clothes that I wear a lot and they're always fresh.

Yeah I know. I'm moving in a few months. I've got some custody shit going on and my lawyer
recommends that I move closer to my kid so I can get more "Parenting Time". I'm checking out
places right now. Washer and dryer in unit is on my list. A pool would be a plus too!!

Team Nachos

Parlay 44, you need to fold, hang everything right after it dries. I had the same problem...will eliminate much of your ironing. If you are late and the clothes have cooled. Run it for another 20 mins, then fold/hang it.

For extra speed, check out japanese T-shirt folding method. Saves me a good 10 minutes on laundry day.
Heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkCrAsFBB8k

Watch the english version 2nd....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAxhr0j0thY&feature=fvwrel

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

Quote: (10-22-2012 03:37 PM)DVY Wrote:  

Parlay 44, you need to fold, hang everything right after it dries. I had the same problem...will eliminate much of your ironing. If you are late and the clothes have cooled. Run it for another 20 mins, then fold/hang it.

For extra speed, check out japanese T-shirt folding method. Saves me a good 10 minutes on laundry day.
Heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkCrAsFBB8k

Watch the english version 2nd....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAxhr0j0thY&feature=fvwrel

Thanks man. Is that like the thing Sheldon uses on Big bang Theory? [Image: lol.gif]

I like to multi-task when I do laundry. I'll kick off the laundry which gives me
40 minutes to wash the dishes. Then move the clothes to the dryer and I
get another 45 minutes to take a shower and drink my coffee. Then I fold
my clothes, pair up my socks and iron my shirts while I watch my newly
downloaded movies or shows from Bittorrent. That's my typical Saturday
morning.

If I'm feeling especially motivated I'll prep some chicken and potatoes or
maybe a nice pork roast and throw it in the oven before I start the laundry.
It takes a good 2-3 hours to cook at 325 degrees which falls right at lunch time.

It's hard being a wifeless player. For real [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (10-21-2012 07:49 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

I don't know. Ask my gf [Image: biggrin.gif]

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (10-22-2012 03:54 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Quote: (10-21-2012 07:49 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

I don't know. Ask my gf [Image: biggrin.gif]

Reminds me of this ...
[Image: Washing-Label.jpg]

Team Nachos

I do my laundry exactly every two weeks, (my laundromat has a Tues. discount), and I'm due again to do it tomarrow. I got to say, I'm not a big fan of laundry day, but it sure as hell beats wearing funky, oily, dirty clothes. Fortunately the place I go to has a transfer service where they move your stuff from the washer to drier, so I just have to load up the wash, then show up later to fold my clothes.

I didn't fold my clothes for years, and all that time I looked like a slob with wrinkled clothing, that probably was a contributing factor to my not getting laid during that time. I haven't graduated to ironing my clothes, I take all my nice clothes to the dry cleaner and they do it for me there, but I for sure make sure to fold my clothes neatly every time. I can't get over how many people I see that just come up and dump all their clothes unfolded into a bag, and haul it off, most of them probably just pull their clothes out of that laundry bag unfolded when they need it, and never fold it and put it away.

I really don't see why anyone would need to wash their clothes every week, unless they have a limited supply of clothes. There's no need to wash a shirt or jeans after wearing it one time, unless you get really sweaty, or spill food on it or something. I recommend buying a ton of boxers and socks, that way you got a fresh supply of those, but can wear t-shirts and pants a few times before washing. Also, every guy should have at least two sets of bed sheets to keep them fresh.