rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

This is the kind of crappy game you get away with when you're famous

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/rod_p...gdu1bvXCLP

Wow they really padded that story out by repeating details. Here's the outline.

Quote:Quote:

Shameless Yankee slugger Alex Rodriguez was playing so poorly against the Detroit Tigers Saturday night that he was yanked from the lineup — but that didn’t stop him from trying to score.

the highest-paid Yankee openly flirted with a pair of pretty women two rows behind the dugout

Instead of rooting on his teammates as they struggled to stay alive during the tense game at Yankee Stadium, A-Rod, 37, had a ball boy toss the young women a baseball inscribed with a message asking for their numbers.
[Image: 16.1n003.arod2--300x300.jpg]

“One of the girls, with darker blond hair, wrote . . . on the ball and threw it back at A-Rod, who gave her a big smile.”

“They exchanged a few glances after that,’’ as A-Rod took a powder while a pinch-hitter took his place at the plate.

Rodriguez is currently dating wrestler Torrie Wilson.

How is that bad game? He's a New York Yankee! What do you want him to do neg her from 40 feet away??? With those logistics that's fucking great game. He has balls to do what he did. He could get in trouble for that. His game is his fame. And he happens to have good looks as well.
This lady will be able to tell this story to her grand kids. He's going to go down as one of the bests of all time. He's doing her a favor dude.

Matter of fact im gonna go by some baseballs right now and throw them at girls with messages asking for their number.

Where's the crappy game? This is exactly the kind of bold, cocky Jock Game that gets pussies wet. Even in the middle of getting stomped, he's got time to be a Ladies Man.

If I was A Rod I'd do the exact same shit. The guy's got a $275 mil contract, won multiple MVPs, broken some records. He's the classic alpha women go for, on TOP of being a celebrity. Add to that exploiting his position and pulling stunts like this article mentions? This is A-game beyond A-game.

Instead of resenting the guy and calling it "crappy game", try learning something.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Exactly. The only problem with rods game is that he goes for muscular blondes instead of curvy Latina dimes. But to each his own. And if he's still dating that chic he just got her crazy jeAlous on national tv! All around awesome move.

If you want both good and bad examples of being a player, just look at the Yankees locker room. On one hand, you have Jeter. On the other hand, you have A-Rod.

Jeter does what good PUAs mention all the time...he puts his "mission" (baseball) before women and as a result he is one of the more popular athletes ever and is 38, never married, banging the hottest women around and no one gives a fuck. "Oh, that Derek, plowing another model again". Because he is a hard worker and a winner. Then you have A-Rod...hated and mocked by sports fans everywhere. Everything he does it criticized because he doesn't have the passion and dedication to his career. It's obvious why Jeter swoops way hotter women.

Quote: (10-16-2012 01:34 PM)Enigma Wrote:  

If you want both good and bad examples of being a player, just look at the Yankees locker room. On one hand, you have Jeter. On the other hand, you have A-Rod.

Jeter does what good PUAs mention all the time...he puts his "mission" (baseball) before women and as a result he is one of the more popular athletes ever and is 38, never married, banging the hottest women around and no one gives a fuck. "Oh, that Derek, plowing another model again". Because he is a hard worker and a winner. Then you have A-Rod...hated and mocked by sports fans everywhere. Everything he does it criticized because he doesn't have the passion and dedication to his career. It's obvious why Jeter swoops way hotter women.

I was with you up to there. A-Rod has a tireless work ethic in terms of being in shape and working on his craft. His problem that as a man, he's a bitch. Always cared too much about being liked and crafting an image. I pressure situations, his head was so full of nonsense that he couldn't come through. That's why he's mocked.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (10-16-2012 01:16 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

How is that bad game? He's a New York Yankee! What do you want him to do neg her from 40 feet away??? With those logistics that's fucking great game. He has balls to do what he did. He could get in trouble for that. His game is his fame. And he happens to have good looks as well.
This lady will be able to tell this story to her grand kids. He's going to go down as one of the bests of all time. He's doing her a favor dude.

Matter of fact im gonna go by some baseballs right now and throw them at girls with messages asking for their number.

[Image: huh.gif]

The best at what? Dude has no chance in hell at making the baseball Hall of Fame.

Quote: (10-16-2012 01:18 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Where's the crappy game? This is exactly the kind of bold, cocky Jock Game that gets pussies wet. Even in the middle of getting stomped, he's got time to be a Ladies Man.

If I was A Rod I'd do the exact same shit. The guy's got a $275 mil contract, won multiple MVPs, broken some records. He's the classic alpha women go for, on TOP of being a celebrity. Add to that exploiting his position and pulling stunts like this article mentions? This is A-game beyond A-game.

Instead of resenting the guy and calling it "crappy game", try learning something.

Try learning something from one of the most hated athletes in the world who gets benched in the playoffs for being such a bum and then hits on some 6s? Yeah, he broke some records and won some MVPs...during the period where he admitted to being on steroids.

Quote: (10-16-2012 01:51 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

I was with you up to there. A-Rod has a tireless work ethic in terms of being in shape and working on his craft. His problem that as a man, he's a bitch. Always cared too much about being liked and crafting an image. I pressure situations, his head was so full of nonsense that he couldn't come through. That's why he's mocked.

I'm honestly not a huge baseball fan but I don't see trying to get women's numbers during the playoff game where you were benched and your team is losing as passion and dedication. It shows the opposite.

If he doesn't make the hall it's because of his ped usage not because of his numbers. He's 5th on all time home run record. That means hes one of the best of all time. How old are you? Did you not watch this guys career? Same people that hate him are the same people who would run up to him for an Autograph if they ever got around him In person.

Micky mantle used to bang chicks behind center field in between innings.

Quote: (10-16-2012 02:03 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

If he doesn't make the hall it's because of his ped usage not because of his numbers. He's 5th on all time home run record. That means hes one of the best of all time. How old are you? Did you not watch this guys career? Same people that hate him are the same people who would run up to him for an Autograph if they ever got around him In person.

I am aware of his numbers and awards. He has admitted to being on steroids. He won't make the Hall.

Did Mickey bang those chicks after he had been benched in the playoffs and his team was losing?

Quote: (10-16-2012 02:00 PM)Enigma Wrote:  

I'm honestly not a huge baseball fan but I don't see trying to get women's numbers during the playoff game where you were benched and your team is losing as passion and dedication. It shows the opposite.

Now because of injury and age he's not as effective on the field. And again, it's as a man that he fails by trying to arrange post-game pussy while his team is losing. He gives his best on the field, and prepares off it. I don't relate that to passion and dedication. I relate that to being a punk.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

I agree with you that it is pretty wack that he did this during a huge playoff game with his team losing. But I don't think his game was crappy.

Quote: (10-16-2012 01:54 PM)Enigma Wrote:  

The best at what? Dude has no chance in hell at making the baseball Hall of Fame.

Try learning something from one of the most hated athletes in the world who gets benched in the playoffs for being such a bum and then hits on some 6s? Yeah, he broke some records and won some MVPs...during the period where he admitted to being on steroids.

Who are you again? If I google your name what comes up?

Celebrities are hailed and reviled everywhere. Being a celebrity isn't always about being loved. You think rock stars are stand up, decent humans who are adored by their close loved ones? Hell no.

Yeah his recent performance sucks. So what? One of the ironclad rules of pickup is to look at results. Let's look at the stats:

A-rod: plays for the NYY
Enigma: hates on professional athlete on PUA forum

A-rod: brings in 30 mil a year
Enigma: I'm guessing much less

A-rod: bangs out whoever he wants, whenever he wants, under any circumstances he wants
Enigma: I doubt it

A-rod: is a household name, despite his negative public stature
Enigma: anonymous poster is anonymous

Before you come on a board and blast some dude who's doing CONSIDERABLY better than you in life, you might want to change your attitude. There are way better examples of famous dudes spitting horrible game and just "getting lucky". A-Rod is a jock through and through. This guy probably banged out more chicks in one year of the minors than you will in your entire life.

I'm not a fan of the guy, but I can recognize achievements. It's way too easy to be an anonymous armchair critic. Let's see you achieve 1/10th as much before you start hating on the dude and criticizing his game.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (10-16-2012 02:15 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Quote: (10-16-2012 02:00 PM)Enigma Wrote:  

Now because of injury and age he's not as effective on the field. And again, it's as a man that he fails by trying to arrange post-game pussy while his team is losing. He gives his best on the field, and prepares off it. I don't relate that to passion and dedication. I relate that to being a punk.

Eh, I think we're both saying pretty much the same thing here. It's not like I hate A-Rod or anything and I didn't mean to turn this into a baseball argument.

It's just really interesting when you compare Jeter and A-Rod...they're both rich, high-profile, playboy athletes. But Jeter is one of the more popular athletes ever and has been linked to the hottest actresses and models over the years while A-Rod is one of the most hated athletes and is seen with over-the-hill Madonna, Cameron Diaz, and wrestler chicks. Jeter shows that you can be a player into your late-30s without the social stigma if you handle it the right way. He's someone to model your game after.

Quote: (10-16-2012 02:23 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Quote: (10-16-2012 01:54 PM)Enigma Wrote:  

Who are you again? If I google your name what comes up?

Celebrities are hailed and reviled everywhere. Being a celebrity isn't always about being loved. You think rock stars are stand up, decent humans who are adored by their close loved ones? Hell no.

Yeah his recent performance sucks. So what? One of the ironclad rules of pickup is to look at results. Let's look at the stats:

A-rod: plays for the NYY
Enigma: hates on professional athlete on PUA forum

A-rod: brings in 30 mil a year
Enigma: I'm guessing much less

A-rod: bangs out whoever he wants, whenever he wants, under any circumstances he wants
Enigma: I doubt it

A-rod: is a household name, despite his negative public stature
Enigma: anonymous poster is anonymous

Before you come on a board and blast some dude who's doing CONSIDERABLY better than you in life, you might want to change your attitude. There are way better examples of famous dudes spitting horrible game and just "getting lucky". A-Rod is a jock through and through. This guy probably banged out more chicks in one year of the minors than you will in your entire life.

I'm not a fan of the guy, but I can recognize achievements. It's way too easy to be an anonymous armchair critic. Let's see you achieve 1/10th as much before you start hating on the dude and criticizing his game.

Oh boy, here we go. You just told someone to "try learning something" (about game) from an extremely rich and famous athlete and I disagreed. This "game" that A-Rod is using will work for less than 1% of the population. I'm not saying it's bad game but it's not something most of us can emulate. And like I've said, there are athletes who do it better. Somehow you interpret this as me comparing my own successes to A-Rod?

In rod we trust.

Torrie Wilson, is or was hot. Those women are not so hot.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Yeah The one on the left might be if its a bad pic. No way the one on the right is. That's my only problem with rod. His taste it weak. And he always likes manly muscular blondes. Real weird. Even his x wife was to muscular for my liking.

Quote: (10-16-2012 03:37 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

Yeah The one on the left might be if its a bad pic. No way the one on the right is. That's my only problem with rod. His taste it weak. And he always likes manly muscular blondes. Real weird. Even his x wife was to muscular for my liking.

It's no secret. A-Rod met his then wife a gym in Miami. When he got busted with the stripper in Toronto, she too was one of the muscular types. That's definitely his thing. Madonna and Cameron Diaz are lean, athletic types too, though not quite as muscular as some other chicks he's been with. He's into gym rats.

A lot of the A-Rod hate in NY comes from the fact that the Jeter comparison haunts him. They used to be boys (when A-Rod was in Texas) after having met on a photo shoot or something away from baseball. They started hanging. Whenever each guy was in the other's city, they stayed with each other. They were part of a group of great young shortstops. Then A-Rod kind of dissed Derek in a GQ Magazine piece (saying Derek didn't put up the numbers he did, so he didn't deserve the same money, and that Derek never had to lead, etc.), and Derek never forgave him. Then when they ended up as teammates, it got really awkward. Though A-Rod was a better shortstop, it was Derek's team, so he had to move to 3rd base (honestly, Derek wasn't capable of playing 3rd, so it was really more that than anything else). Then it became clear who was stronger mentally - Derek handles the pressure and press in NY like a champ, while A-Rod wilted under the same attention. He'd never taken an important at-bat in his whole career, while Derek had already built his legend as a clutch, post-season and late-game regular season player with a litany of big hits and home runs in clutch situations, AND big defensive plays too (him diving into the seats for pop-ups and coming out bloody, etc.). Meanwhile, A-Rod couldn't handle playing in a place where the fans think a 3rd inning at-bat in April against the Red Sox is important. He bitches up in at-bats after the 7th inning with his team tied or trailing, but will hit a home run when his team is ahead by 3 runs. Derek publicly backed Jason Giambi, a steroid cheat, because Jason is a geniune dude that everyone liked. He let A-Rod twist in the breeze and struggle, both because he was burned by him personally, and because A-Rod simply proved himself a phony. A-Rod comes up short of Derek in just about every way other than raw statistics (but he's a bigger, better ATHLETE, so if both are healthy, he'd always post better numbers), but when it comes down to who you'd want at the plate with the game on the line, it's always going to be Derek.

Quote: (10-16-2012 05:15 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

It's no secret. A-Rod met his then wife a gym in Miami. When he got busted with the stripper in Toronto, she too was one of the muscular types. That's definitely his thing. Madonna and Cameron Diaz are lean, athletic types too, though not quite as muscular as some other chicks he's been with. He's into gym rats.

Is it me or did Cameron Diaz not become buff till she dated him. Weird.

Quote: (10-16-2012 05:33 PM)MidniteSpecial Wrote:  

Quote: (10-16-2012 05:15 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Is it me or did Cameron Diaz not become buff till she dated him. Weird.

It's definitely possible that when he was seeing her he dragged her to the gym also.

Or put her on the growth. Abnormally jacked for a white chic.

This is a case of fame>game. This is the equivalent of one of us having a friend go to a girl and saying "my friend likes you, can he have your number?" It works for him because he's A-roid. We'd get blown out of the water unless the chick was a superskank or our look tickled her fancy.

This was talked about ad nauseum on WFAN today. The only reason it's in the news is because it's October and A-roid is choking yet again.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.