rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Chick professions" seem reasonably well paid.

Here in Canada, all of the stereotypical "girl professions" are fairly well paid compared to other fields. Teachers, social workers and nurses around here (East Coast, medium sized town) all average around 70k, plus get public sector pensions. Factoring in debt levels, I think its safe to say they do better than lawyers, and about the same as accountants and engineers. I'm guessing it might be a little different in the states though...

Quote: (10-13-2012 04:11 PM)Andy_B Wrote:  

Here in Canada, all of the stereotypical "girl professions" are fairly well paid compared to other fields. Teachers, social workers and nurses around here (East Coast, medium sized town) all average around 70k, plus get public sector pensions. Factoring in debt levels, I think its safe to say they do better than lawyers, and about the same as accountants and engineers. I'm guessing it might be a little different in the states though...

Yep, I have family that are teachers in Canada and friends that are in the US. A similarly qualified teacher is getting $35k in wages, and about 40% more in benefits. Provincial Government jobs at the executive level general blow state funded jobs out of the water in general. Example, a chief program administrator in Ontario gets 180-190k/year, same position in WI 105k/year, same position in TN 70k/year all have roughly the same health and pension benefits.

Nursing varies, and the only private sector one I'm familiar with is HR and the pay seems relatively equal between the US and Canada.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Nah, it's fair-ish man. But who cares? If a girl makes more than you, she's not looking for that provider. She's lookin for that playboy to sweep her off her feet with da game.

Yep, there is not gender difference in pay, just difference between countries. I agree though, it doesn't matter just game accordingly or go into teaching if you like the benefits. There are few single, straight male teachers and they (if they know what they are doing) tend to bang their way through the school staff before travelling for the summer and transferring to another school.

Quote: (10-14-2012 02:39 AM)HiFlo Wrote:  

Nah, it's fair-ish man. But who cares? If a girl makes more than you, she's not looking for that provider. She's lookin for that playboy to sweep her off her feet with da game.

Teachers may make as much as Engineers(sadly) but they spend their nights and weekends grading endless papers
and making lesson plans. I'll pass.

Teacher chicks however are probably what would make the ideal LTR. They readily put on the good girl image and have
good motherly instincts from dealing with kids all day. Plus I suspect they're closet freaks.

Team Nachos

Nurses : Maybe there are some good nurses jobs, but in Quebec it's very tough. You have night shifts, random schedules, overtime, and lots of stress form the job itself(dealing with patients, emergencies, death on a regular basis, etc.). It's very draining. Also, it will soon require a bachelor degree to be a nurse.

Disagree, teacher chicks are the flag wavers of female empowerment. They are all about following the rules and making sure girls don't get left behind. Have female teachers in my family and spent years in that social circle when I was married to one. I would suggest daycare or personal support workers..motherly instincts, usually younger, no university indoctrination.

Quote: (10-14-2012 09:40 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Teachers may make as much as Engineers(sadly) but they spend their nights and weekends grading endless papers
and making lesson plans. I'll pass.

Teacher chicks however are probably what would make the ideal LTR. They readily put on the good girl image and have
good motherly instincts from dealing with kids all day. Plus I suspect they're closet freaks.

Al least 3 of the girls I know are hair stylists, and with the amount of cash they are raking in, I still cant understand how can they still be poor. Their financial reasoning skills must be nonexistant.

Engineers in the USA make aloooooottt more than their Canadian counterparts. You also have TN visa's as a Canadian Engineer to work in the USA. Same with Canadian Doctors vs American Doctors.

It's a good thing teachers, police, social workers,etc are well paid in Canada. It probably leads to less BS in the end for everyone in society.

You may be onto something, I used to get my hair cut at a place owned by 3 30 ish year old straight italian guys and they were obviously well off and knew how to manage their money. They were all players and would hire hot girls from the local hair dresser school to intern. I don't know how hair stylists and female bartenders stay so poor either. Well no, I do. Its a mentality that all of that cash in their hand needs to be spent asap.

Quote: (10-14-2012 05:22 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Al least 3 of the girls I know are hair stylists, and with the amount of cash they are raking in, I still cant understand how can they still be poor. Their financial reasoning skills must be nonexistant.