rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New college and new city

New college and new city

I've got no friends here and nothing to do. I have roommates and they're pretty cool but they've always got fraternity stuff going on. I went to fraternity rush but bitched out on the second night because I felt really nervous and anxious when visiting the top tier houses.

New college and new city

Your roommates won't recommend you to their fraternity?

New college and new city

Quote: (10-12-2012 01:32 AM)BrownBear Wrote:  

I thought about that. But I feel like part of joining a fraternity is selling yourself to them, showing them that you would make a good brother. I don't want them thinking I'm trying to piggyback my way in. One of my roommates is my brother, and I didn't rush his house the day he was there (stupid mistake on my part). I'm thinking about coming out in the spring, but I don't know, I'm a 22 year old junior - who doesn't know how to talk to girls, or people in general.

New college and new city

Quote: (10-12-2012 01:34 AM)ccurtis189 Wrote:  

I thought about that. But I feel like part of joining a fraternity is selling yourself to them, showing them that you would make a good brother. I don't want them thinking I'm trying to piggyback my way in. One of my roommates is my brother, and I didn't rush his house the day he was there (stupid mistake on my part). I'm thinking about coming out in the spring, but I don't know, I'm a 22 year old junior - who doesn't know how to talk to girls, or people in general.

there's no-then to be a shame of...you just have to admit to yourself you lack experience with women... no-then new here.....just don't tell people about it. Never reveal your weakness in public.

Play it kool...and join the best frat you can...if you can't, no worries...its not the end of the world. there are other ways to network.....

Try taking a language course. Ask yourself what type of girl I like. I personal am taking Russian...because I like Russian girls. do what makes you happy and do not look to please others....the frat thing is kool but it is not the ends to a means....live your life on your terms...and do things you always wanted to do....focus on that...that is paramount...

speaking a second language will get you laid and build commonality with girls easier....especially if she is french and you speak french....if she is russian and you speak russian.....and if she is italian and you speak italian get the idea...fuck the frat if that doesn't work out.

New college and new city

Quote: (10-12-2012 04:59 PM)jerome Wrote:  

Quote: (10-12-2012 01:34 AM)ccurtis189 Wrote:  

there's no-then to be a shame of...you just have to admit to yourself you lack experience with women... no-then new here.....just don't tell people about it. Never reveal your weakness in public.

Play it kool...and join the best frat you can...if you can't, no worries...its not the end of the world. there are other ways to network.....

Try taking a language course. Ask yourself what type of girl I like. I personal am taking Russian...because I like Russian girls. do what makes you happy and do not look to please others....the frat thing is kool but it is not the ends to a means....live your life on your terms...and do things you always wanted to do....focus on that...that is paramount...

speaking a second language will get you laid and build commonality with girls easier....especially if she is french and you speak french....if she is russian and you speak russian.....and if she is italian and you speak italian get the idea...fuck the frat if that doesn't work out.

Yeah, well either way frat or not frat I'm definitely taking a second language - right now I'm thinking Spanish, because I love me some Latin American girls. I love me some Eastern European girls too, but the Caribbean is really where I wanna be at. I'm also planning on doing some study abroad or international student volunteering somewhere in Latin America probably.

Anyway, basically what I'm saying though is that I've been in college for a while but have no experience due to constant fear since childhood. I need to start from the ground up, where do I start?