rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Are you up to anything tonight?" Texting question

I know I've read about this scenario before, but couldn't find anything on it at the moment.

Quick background:
Got this girls # on OKC about 6 weeks ago. She is 21, and flaked on 1st date. No communication since then. I hit her up tonight at 8pm using a restart text.

She responds right away and after some quick back and forth:

her: "Are you up to anything tonight?"
me: "Yeah I was thinking of grabbing a drink later. You want to meet up?"
her: "Yeah I'm out with some friends. Let me know where you end up going. Hopefully we can connect somewhere."

So my inclination is to not bother with her tonight - never met this girl, last thing I want to do is chase her around in a group of her friends, especially since she has already flaked once before.

But the other part of me feels like she doesn't want to come off like she's not doing anything on a Thursday, and might just be sitting on her couch alone, waiting for me to make the move.

Either way I'm not really concerned with her per se, but am more so curious about how to handle this situation in the future. Is she playing me, or is she giving me an indirect opportunity to meet up?

Thanks.

You have 3 options:
a) stay at home & jerk off.
b) say "im grabbing a beer at XXX. get yer butt over here."
c) say, "yeah, let's meet up - your friends & my friends." (who gives a fuck if you don't have any friends with you, "they left b/c work in the morning").

if it were me I'd do (b) first. Then if she balks at separating from her friends , and if I had jack shit else to do, I would find out more about her friends - guys? girls? how many? from work? - and probably go meet them and out-alpha the guy fuckheads and charm the girl sloots, perhaps even push for a 3some [Image: icon_evil.gif]

The way this has always worked out for me is to catch her towards the middle of the night via text. Tell her to "call you when she leaves." Some girls get the subtle hint or are drunk enough to fall for it. Half of the time by then she's ready to leave her friends if you're close by. Grab a quick drink, focus on fuck up avoidance and then seal the deal.

Whatever you do, DON'T go to where she is unless you and your friends already rolling there. It rarely works.

The good thing about this strategy is you can run it concurrently on multiple girls while you're out with your friends and/or chasing other tail. Use these OKC girls as your backup. They're likely doing the same with you anyway, you aren't their #1 or she'd be out on a late Friday night drink date with you (been there too).

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Great stuff, thanks guys.

I was ready to call it a night but HiFlo wrote back just in time, so I tried a variation of his "get your butt over here" line, referring to a bar I told her to meet me at. One that was close to my place, but I knew was a couple miles from hers. She said it was too far, and told me to meet her downtown. Blah blah blah, I wasn't going to budge, so I told her I'd meet her at the bar in 30 minutes.

Of course I never left the house, and later on in the night I tried GMacs "hit me up when you leave" line, to which she replied something nonsensical.

So it was a no go, but also no big deal. Good news is, she is going to the same show I am this weekend, so maybe I'll hit her up again there.

Lesson learned: If I'm going to hit up old leads, I should already be out on the town, so I can work quickly if one of them bites.

Thanks again.

I would have completely ignored that text. It is a trolling device used by women. By ignoring, you keep her hamster spinning. Text game is a bitch. I hate it, but it is necessary.

Quote: (10-12-2012 01:03 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I would have completely ignored that text. It is a trolling device used by women. By ignoring, you keep her hamster spinning. Text game is a bitch. I hate it, but it is necessary.

but how would you have followed it up? next day text saying "sorry missed your text, had an epic night, catchup during the week" type thing and try to set up a date during the week?

If you're gonna hit up old leads, hit up five of them at once.

delicioustacos.com

Quote: (10-14-2012 06:32 AM)xy2k Wrote:  

Quote: (10-12-2012 01:03 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

but how would you have followed it up? next day text saying "sorry missed your text, had an epic night, catchup during the week" type thing and try to set up a date during the week?

Don't do anything. Play it when she texts you the next day. Remember, she wrote:

Are you up to anything tonight?

----not-----

Are you up for anything tonight.

A text like that makes me think she is sitting around bored, and has no intention of wanting to do anything. For all you know, she could have group texted 20 dudes that line.

I think you need to get more options. Message more people on OKC etc. Cause when you only have 1 option for a night it comes out in your texts whether you know it or not