rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Accent for gaming

Accent for gaming

What do you guys think about putting on a fake accent to game more women?

Accent for gaming

Quote: (10-02-2012 11:39 PM)Goober Wrote:  

I've done this for my own amusement, never specifically for gaming, but interestingly enough at least one of the girls I tried it on was very interested. Funnily enough, I was using my actual voice with the people around me and she never seemed to notice. If anything, don't so much use a different accent as a different tone of voice. I think that's where the difference laid, as the voice I put on was very friendly and inviting, yet confident. Gotta remember this for this weekend...

Accent for gaming

I think you probably have a thousand other things you should worry about working on first, before you start working on a fake accent. Why would you even do this?

Accent for gaming

Quote: (10-03-2012 12:35 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

I think you probably have a thousand other things you should worry about working on first, before you start working on a fake accent. Why would you even do this?

I've done it for shits n gigs. Doing it for any other reason is a stupid idea.

Accent for gaming

I've moved around enough that I've acquired a few accents in deep enough contexts I'm not sure I'd consider them fake; they seem to come out in specific instances, and I have had very positive reactions. It's another tool. I certainly wouldn't go trying to pick one up intentionally, but if you already have a good one that comes with a story about those four years you spent in Scotland or some such, I see nothing wrong with it.

Accent for gaming

Go for it, drop down a datasheet and tell us how to make it work.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Accent for gaming

Quote: (10-03-2012 01:19 AM)Stitch Wrote:  

I've moved around enough that I've acquired a few accents in deep enough contexts I'm not sure I'd consider them fake; they seem to come out in specific instances, and I have had very positive reactions. It's another tool. I certainly wouldn't go trying to pick one up intentionally, but if you already have a good one that comes with a story about those four years you spent in Scotland or some such, I see nothing wrong with it.

If you're not Scottish, but seriously go around speaking as if you were, it makes you a tool. A joke is one thing, but breaking out a full blow Scottish accent after being there for a few years is ridiculous.

Accent for gaming

Accent for gaming

Quote: (10-03-2012 07:42 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (10-03-2012 01:19 AM)Stitch Wrote:  

If you're not Scottish, but seriously go around speaking as if you were, it makes you a tool. A joke is one thing, but breaking out a full blow Scottish accent after being there for a few years is ridiculous.
Why would anybody want to speak with a Scottish accent?It's on my top 1 most unpleasant accents, when speaking English.

Accent for gaming

I lost a bet once with my old wingman who has since moved to Maryland. RIP. Anyways, I had to speak in an Australian accent for a whole night we went out. My australian accent is pretty solid, so it was entertaining to say the least. The initial interest you get is RIDICULOUS. I contemplated switching to it for a few days after that night. Its a hell of a feeling from the onset to have girls just fawning over you. I didn't have to drop any bait, the conversation was me just being bombarded with questions from chicks who were escalating ME and just had doe eyes to begin with.

I ended up making out with this Colombian pastry chef who was just in love with the accent. I couldn't close though, and she actually ended up asking me out the next night. DRINKS ON HER! I used the accent for one more night, banged her. As I walked her out, I dropped the accent and said clearly and concisely: "By the way, I've never seen a kangaroo in my life let alone have been to Australia. Take care."

In the end, its a crutch. My game has progressed leaps and bounds since then. Ideally you should be able to run tight game crutch free, in any environment. That's the calling of a true player.

Accent for gaming

The Scottish was just an example (I have not lived there), and no you don't want to try and come off as if you ARE another nationality, just that living somewhere for a while has lightly changed how you speak. By now my regular speaking voice is fairly nonspecific, and I frequently get both compliments on my voice and questions about where I'm from (almost no one gets it right, so it's a good icebreaker and chance to drop bait), so I'd still maintain it's a good thing.

Accent for gaming

Sounds like a lot of work to me for very little reward. Yes there are some women who go crazy for a particular accent, but you would probably have to hope you pick the right one. My guess is that 2% of women you talk to will fall for the accent, 8% will be put off by it, 5% will have been there and will call you on it and 85% won't care.