rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Romney's Trash Man Stars in Attack Ad

Am I the only who thinks that this is ridiculous? It's not Romney's fault you're a trash man.

Ad in question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68q28r7m_FU

Thoughts?

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

The world needs ditch diggers too....

Quote: (10-02-2012 04:17 PM)NYJ Wrote:  

It's not Romney's fault you're a trash man.

[Image: potd.gif]

This guy wasn't complaining about being a trash collector.

I don't see anything ridiculous in the ad. What's ridiculous is pretending that polite society can exist without regular trash pick ups.

Quote: (10-02-2012 04:41 PM)porscheguy Wrote:  

I don't see anything ridiculous in the ad. What's ridiculous is pretending that polite society can exist without regular trash pick ups.

No, what's ridiculous is this guy acting as if he picks up trash for free. He collects a paycheck and odds are he is protected by a union.

I pay my waste management bill -- I didn't know hugs, handshakes and gatorade were also required.

Here's the transcript for anyone who doesn't want to watch the video.

Quote:Quote:

My name is Richard Hayes, and I pick up Mitt Romney's trash. We kind of like the invisible people, you know? He doesn't realize, you know, that the service we provide, you know. If it wasn't for us, you know, there'd be a big health issue, us not picking up trash. Residents do come out and shake our hands. Sometimes they give us hugs and thank us for the job we're doing; hand us waters and Gatorades. You know, tell us we're doing a good job and keep up the good work. ... Picking up 15, 16 tons by hand, you know, that takes a toll on your body. When I'm 55, 60 years old, I know my body's gonna be [sic] break down. Mitt Romney doesn't care about that.

I like this ad. It's not blaming anyone for his being a garbage man. It's saying this, which is true:

[Image: attachment.jpg7955]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

"You know"... said 6 times in 5 lines. Yeah, he should be a CEO instead of a garbage man.

Quote: (10-02-2012 04:57 PM)Smitty Wrote:  

No, what's ridiculous is this guy acting as if he picks up trash for free. He collects a paycheck and odds are he is protected by a union.

I pay my waste management bill -- I didn't know hugs, handshakes and gatorade were also required.

My name is Richard Hayes, and I pick up Mitt Romney's trash. We kind of like the invisible people, you know? He doesn't realize, you know, that the service we provide, you know. If it wasn't for us, you know, there'd be a big health issue, us not picking up trash. Residents do come out and shake our hands. Sometimes they give us hugs and thank us for the job we're doing; hand us waters and Gatorades. You know, tell us we're doing a good job and keep up the good work. ... Picking up 15, 16 tons by hand, you know, that takes a toll on your body. When I'm 55, 60 years old, I know my body's gonna be [sic] break down. Mitt Romney doesn't care about that.

"You know"... said 6 times in 5 lines. Yeah, he should be a CEO instead of a garbage man.

Quote: (10-02-2012 04:57 PM)Smitty Wrote:  

Quote: (10-02-2012 05:03 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

I like this ad. It's not blaming anyone for his being a garbage man. It's saying this, which is true:

I agree. Obama is a much better actor.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Last I saw garbagemen made about $26/hour in Chicago.... Add benefits on top of that...

Quote: (10-02-2012 06:17 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

That's true, and it's also true that Romney is that clueless, corporate asshole that most people--with office jobs, especially--recognize as the dick on the top floor who calls you by a name that kinda sounds like yours, but isn't your real name, on that rare occasion that run into him in the elevator. He's like, "Wassup, Darnell Jenkins!" and gives you a high five, when your actual name is Darrell Jackson, and he greets everyone else with regular handshake. That's the thing about Romney: we've all known at least one corny-ass guy like him. He clicks his alarm when he sees a brown person near his car. He bitches about welfare, but cheats on his taxes. He releases that loud, fake, rich-dude laugh at unfunny shit. He talks mad shit about immigrants, but hired two illegal Guatemalans to practically raise his kids--even though his wife, who has fake-ass tits, stays home all day. He tries to hype you up about the company at the stupid annual picnic, that he brings his two bitchy (but admittedly hot) daughters to, and leaves like 15 minutes into.

At the end of the day, I prefer Obama--as wholly owned by his corporate masters as he is--in almost any context to Romney, from playing cards with him, shooting the shit, to running the country.

Romney is a dumb-ass.

Most garbagemen are unionized. They get a good salary (for someone low-skilled), benefits and a pension. They also work around 4 to 5 hours a day max. Suck my cock, garbagemen. You'd know how good you had to go to work in the private sector.

I'm unemployed right now. I recently got let from my job and I'm a few classes away from finishing up my Masters. I'd do a little dance if I got a job as a unionized city sanitation worker. But that union's been frozen to only a few people over the past 5 or 6 years and virtually all of them got hired via nepotism.

Quote: (10-02-2012 06:29 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

That's true, and it's also true that Romney is that clueless, corporate asshole that most people--with office jobs, especially--recognize as the dick on the top floor who calls you by a name that kinda sounds like yours, but isn't your real name, on that rare occasion that run into him in the elevator. He's like, "Wassup, Darnell Jenkins!" and gives you a high five, when your actual name is Darrell Jackson, and he greets everyone else with regular handshake. That's the thing about Romney: we've all known at least one corny-ass guy like him. He clicks his car alarm when he sees a brown person near his car. He bitches about welfare, but cheats on his taxes. He releases that loud, fake, rich-dude laugh at unfunny shit. He talks mad shit about immigrants, but hired two illegal Guatemalans to practically raise his kids--even though his wife, who has fake-ass tits, stays home all day. He tries to hype you up about the company at the stupid annual picnic, that he brings his two bitchy (but admittedly hot) daughters to, and leaves like 15 minutes into, but you drove like 45 minutes to get to.

At the end of the day, I prefer Obama--as wholly owned by his corporate masters as he is--in almost any context to Romney, from playing cards with him, shooting the shit, to running the country.

Romney is a dumb-ass.

I wonder how bad I'll get flamed if I write a paragraph about all the negative stereotypes of a poor black man in America, and use that as a justification for why I hate Obama.

Quote: (10-02-2012 06:45 PM)Smitty Wrote:  

I wonder how bad I'll get flamed if I write a paragraph about all the negative stereotypes of a poor black man in America, and use that as a justification for why I hate Obama.

There'd be a reason. This isn't a simple stereotype of a rich white man. This is a caricature of a specific type of a "company," semi-racist, socially clueless, condescending, corporate douchebag who (often) happens to be white. He doesn't have to be.

Besides, the poor black man has been stereotyped in America for at least 500 years--right up to the present. There's not much work left to do in that arena.

Someone didn't do their research at the DNC...

Mitt Romney Worked as a Garbage Man

[Image: romney-as-trash-collector.jpeg]

During my campaign for governor, I decided to spend a day every few weeks doing the jobs of other people in Massachusetts...

One day I gathered trash as a garbage collector. I stood on that little platform at the back of the truck, holding on as the driver navigated his way through the narrow streets of Boston. As we pulled up to traffic lights, I noticed that the shoppers and businesspeople who were standing only a few feet from me didn’t even see me. It was as if I was invisible. Perhaps it was because a lot of us don’t think garbage men are worthy of notice; I disagree – anyone who works that hard deserves our respect. – I wasn’t a particularly good garbage collector: at one point, after filling the trough at the back of the truck, I pulled the wrong hydraulic lever. Instead of pushing the load into the truck, I dumped it onto the street. Maybe the suits didn’t notice me, but the guys at the construction site sure did: “Nice job, Mitt,” they called. “Why don’t you find an easier job?” And then they good-naturedly came down and helped me pick up my mess.

^Good one. Obama wins again, though. [Image: lol.gif]

[Image: attachment.jpg7972]   

*Note* Mitt doing the garbage with giant wallet bulge. I bet those aren't coupons filling it up. 2 for 1 Kraft mac-n-cheese?

Quote: (10-02-2012 09:13 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

*Note* Mitt doing the garbage with giant wallet bulge. I bet those aren't coupons filling it up. 2 for 1 Kraft mac-n-cheese?

actually they might be. read the washington posts story on him from sunday. he's incredibly cheap.

Quote: (10-02-2012 09:14 PM)Brian Wrote:  

Quote: (10-02-2012 09:13 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

actually they might be. read the washington posts story on him from sunday. he's incredibly cheap.
Penny smart dollar dumb? That's great! What else can he do?

I disagree about Obama's acting. The guys sucks without a script.

And hasn't anyone noticed that he speaks the way black people speak when they're making fun of white people. It's hysterical to me.

@ Mechanico, dollar smart, he bought failing businesses and turned them around then sold them for a profit. Obama invested taxpayer dollars into Solyndra and GM. Which last I heard was filing bankruptcy again.

GM isn't anywhere near BK. Just a hatchet job article, written solely due to it being an election year, that is making the rounds.

I see it is having it's desired effect.

Quote: (10-02-2012 06:29 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

That's true, and it's also true that Romney is that clueless, corporate asshole that most people--with office jobs, especially--recognize as the dick on the top floor who calls you by a name that kinda sounds like yours, but isn't your real name, on that rare occasion that run into him in the elevator. He's like, "Wassup, Darnell Jenkins!" and gives you a high five, when your actual name is Darrell Jackson, and he greets everyone else with regular handshake. That's the thing about Romney: we've all known at least one corny-ass guy like him. He clicks his alarm when he sees a brown person near his car. He bitches about welfare, but cheats on his taxes. He releases that loud, fake, rich-dude laugh at unfunny shit. He talks mad shit about immigrants, but hired two illegal Guatemalans to practically raise his kids--even though his wife, who has fake-ass tits, stays home all day. He tries to hype you up about the company at the stupid annual picnic, that he brings his two bitchy (but admittedly hot) daughters to, and leaves like 15 minutes into.wears Mormon Magic Underwear. (seriously, that entire paragraph you wrote is nice and all, but at the end of the day, all you really need to point out is the magic underwear. Most rational people know that this isn't normal, especially when you're supposed to leave it on while you fuck your wife.)

Romney is a dumb-ass. member of a religious cult that scientology wants to be when it grows up. Planet Kolob anyone?
FIFY

Quote: (10-02-2012 09:50 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

GM isn't anywhere near BK. Just a hatchet job article, written solely due to it being an election year, that is making the rounds.

I see it is having it's desired effect.

Either way, I think all can agree tarp/stimulus/other peoples' money/funds weren't managed very well.

Porscheguy, is Jesus real or is just the book of Mormon that's fake?

Quote: (10-02-2012 09:45 PM)Fisto Wrote:  

Obama invested taxpayer dollars into Solyndra and GM. Which last I heard was filing bankruptcy again.
Teabagger bullshit. GM just had their credit rating upgraded.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller/...-bankrupt/