rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone ever been "set up"?

So I met a girl last week, says she's too old for me but has a friend she wants to introduce me to. She asks for a pic, I send her a pic of a stick figure I drew (move stolen from Fisto, fucking classic, mucho props to him) and tell her to send me a pic of her friend. Well if her friend is indeed the girl in the photo she's a solid 8, so I sent her a decent reply pic of myself. Turns out she has another friend who's interested now and they both think I'm cute. Possible meetup this weekend.

Whatever the circumstances are, I'll just game like usual, but I've never been in a situation where I'm being "set up" with a girl by another girl. I don't know if she's gonna be there or not. Anyone with any experience in this scenario have any useful insights? Probably better if I get the girl's contact and get a one-on-one meetup no? Otherwise I feel like the set up date could turn into too many qualifying shit tests.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

I thought this thread was going to contain a reference to Marion Barry.

I dated a girl in EE (5-6) a few month ago. She gave up the number without hesitation, but the day of the date she asked if she could bring a friend.

I was fairly assertive, told her I like to have serious conversations with people and group socializing doesn't help that.

She agreed, and we had a nice coffee date, but she was a physics major ( as well as both parents being physicists) and she was just all up in her head and not sexual . Couldn't even get a kiss.

Did very interesting talk about dream analysis with her however, she had dreary dreams of stagnant water ( probably related to her repressed/stagnant sexuality).

Scientist chicks are becoming more and more suspect. Two other computer programmer prospects (6-8) who I know from social circle weren't getting laid also turned me down in EE.

These chicks just aren't that sensual in my experience. Obsessive compulsive control freaks.

Actually, although it was good practice, if someone asks to bring a friend and you're socially experienced it might be more efficient to just say something came up and she can contact you later.

If anyone has ever had success with someone who wanted to bring a friend, please chime in. Failure cases would be interesting also.

girls into science in a serious, not-for-fun way are usually overloaded with testosterone or have some kind of hormonal imbalance, they're probably the only cases that come close to a real kind of "asexuality".

it's hard to tell though because i also had an EE ltr with a girl who initially seemed like that (she even told me "what makes you think i'm a sexual person?" at the start) and by the end we were taping homemade pr0n vids. YMMV

Quote: (09-18-2012 02:59 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Ha. Thats what I was thinking. When I was in high school a girl agreed to meet me at a park to smoke weed. She showed up with 3 dudes and they took my weed and money.

"Set up for date by other girl" isn't necessarily a bad thing, I wouldn't think, but I'd imagine a much greater chance of things going awry if initial friend was there for the introduction/meeting, so work toward that. Besides, if "too old for me" girl starts seeing you getting along famously with her younger friend, envy and sabotage may set in. I'd say avoid that if you can.

It's strange to me, I feel like for much of the population, being set up with mutual friends is the "normal" way of meeting new partners. I think I'm at an advantage in that I'm already prequalified by this chick who herself is pretty hot, it's just not a scenario I'm used to.

This isn't a matter of hanging out with a girl and her friend is tagging along, this is a matter of the original girl I chased after denying me for age differences, but offering the consolation package of her equally hot single friends.

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (09-18-2012 03:40 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Quote: (09-18-2012 02:59 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Ha. Thats what I was thinking. When I was in high school a girl agreed to meet me at a park to smoke weed. She showed up with 3 dudes and they took my weed and money.
I was thinking the same. Yes many times on both types of set-ups. Back in the day girls used to "hook up" guys with their girlfriends all the time. If they don't know you just not being a retard is enough to get laid. I'm not seeing as much of it these days due to girls hating and online dating.

I remember in High school this girl asked me to come to a hotel and party on Friday night. I showed up and she was with a dude and this "new girl" that moved into town was there. She was too shy to ask me out so they tricked me. Of course I banged and enjoyed free booze and weed. That stuff was common back then. I banged her mom too.

Another thing was girls wanting to join our social circle which was basically excessive drinking and drag racing crowd. The girls would bring new chicks around and set them up with whoever was single.

Quote: (09-18-2012 03:46 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

It's strange to me, I feel like for much of the population, being set up with mutual friends is the "normal" way of meeting new partners. I think I'm at an advantage in that I'm already prequalified by this chick who herself is pretty hot, it's just not a scenario I'm used to.

This isn't a matter of hanging out with a girl and her friend is tagging along, this is a matter of the original girl I chased after denying me for age differences, but offering the consolation package of her equally hot single friends.

Yeah, you're right this SHOULD be normal unless there's red flags beforehand. I think I'm so used to cockblocking I think it'll be automatic, but that's probably inaccurate.

Quote: (09-18-2012 03:32 PM)bliss Wrote:  

it's hard to tell though because i also had an EE ltr with a girl who initially seemed like that (she even told me "what makes you think i'm a sexual person?" at the start) and by the end we were taping homemade pr0n vids. YMMV

Great. A counterexample. This is how science improves. So you found a hot-to-trot EE girl.

Now the interesting thing for me in developing this idea is: What aspects of her appearance or behavior could have tipped you off beforehand that she was worth investing time in her?

Can you remember any signs she was sexual even though superficially she acted more reserved?

Quote: (09-18-2012 02:42 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

So I met a girl last week, says she's too old for me but has a friend she wants to introduce me to. She asks for a pic, I send her a pic of a stick figure I drew (move stolen from Fisto, fucking classic, mucho props to him) and tell her to send me a pic of her friend. Well if her friend is indeed the girl in the photo she's a solid 8, so I sent her a decent reply pic of myself. Turns out she has another friend who's interested now and they both think I'm cute. Possible meetup this weekend.

This sounds promising. I hope you realize that it's the opposite in 9 out of 10 scenarios. Chicks never deliver on this common promise.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

One of the few times that I was "set up" it was both literal and figurative. An older girl in my class was raving about a "hot" friend of hers. I'd heard this kind of nonsense before so I said I might be interested if I could see the picture first. Girl was a a legit 8.5, VERY pretty and I told her to make it happen. ..

Long story short, the first girl orchestrated the whole "set up" as a means of finding out more about me, interacting with me, etc. in hopes that we would get together. While I appreciate her deception, I still think that it was kinda sketch.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Quote: (09-18-2012 02:42 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Be careful here- sounds like she might be trying to pull the common girl "switcheroo" trick on you-luring you somewhere with a promise that you will meet a very attractive friend of hers. The hot friend will either talk to you briefly and then blow you off, or not appear at all, and an unattractive friend- who she planned all along to introduce you to- will be pushed on you.

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Yeah we'll see. Believe me my radar was going off during all of it. None of it "feels" right, but we'll see. Definitely not gonna hang out if it's two chicks. She can give me her friends contact and I'll meet her one-on-one for a blind date. If she keeps her word, and the girl in the pic is the one that shows up, I think my chances of SNL are good since the girl already has the approval, and encouragement of her friend.

Funny how such a relatively innocuous arrangement would probably seem promising and exciting for your average joe, but for all of the red pill adherents we're instantly calling bullshit and smelling a rat.

[Image: tinfoilhat.gif]

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

I got set up by a friends mom about 10 years ago. She called out of nowhere and told me she had a girl for me. I figured F it worst case scenario I blow out in an hour and meet up boys. She was smokin and I dated her for a few years and still keep in touch w/her. Worst case you lose a couple hours of your life, best case you have another chick in the rotation.

I've been set up before. It usually means she gained 30-40 pounds and is "ready to settle down."

At least that's what it has meant in the past for me. My game isn't very tight, though. That may have more to do with it than external factors.

flip side. guys do or should do the same thing.
i always make sure i can get an extra chick in for one of my boys.

it's a great feeling when you call a chick out to meet your friend and an hour later, she's sucking him off somewhere.

its probably like seeing your kid graduate, knowing you raised him

I am the cock carousel

To some extent, yeah. I've been proofed so hard by family members and friends that some women I don't even know approach me. It's not bad game at all, since a lot of chicks (basically) do nothing but social circle game.

For example, back at my college there was a dorm room with eight guys in it. One chick (in succession) ended up dating and then fucking all of them inside of two or three months (think "DENNIS method" from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" to some extreme level). The last dude ended up coming out of the closet after that encounter. That story gets mentioned at literally ever kegger within a hundred miles of my school, since she was trying to save herself for marriage and was so messed up after it all.

I hate set-ups, I refuse them 99% of the time. I accepted one a few weeks ago, what a nightmare.

The problem is, you never know what your friends tell the gal about you. It's amazing how some actual truth becomes blemished as the friend tells it, and then the gal receives it totally different in her mind.

Why go into battle not knowing what the expectations are? Usually, if it's a setup, I'll tell her to invite some (female) friends to come have one drink with my (guy) friends on so-and-so night. That way, there's at least a chance that someone will pair up, versus going into a 1-on-1 setup where there's nothing but rumor that your mutual friend passed along, usually unwisely.

Quote: (09-19-2012 08:47 AM)Hades Wrote:  

To some extent, yeah. I've been proofed so hard by family members and friends that some women I don't even know approach me. It's not bad game at all, since a lot of chicks (basically) do nothing but social circle game.

I've been set up a lot over the years like this. Would much rather someone else do the work. Like Brian said, worse case you lose a couple hours. Also, play the date right, and even if it doesn't work out, she may want to introduce you to one of her friends.

The closest I've come to being set up is my mates with girlfriends opening some girl and then handing her off to me so that they can enjoy my (occasional) success vicariously.

21 y/o brit.

My take: while Girl A saw you as an attractive dude, she was most likely married or in an LTR and wasn't willing to follow through.

Women are hard-wired to exchange information socially (gossip) about men. It's a way of increasing the supply of worthy men to their immediate social circle / family and filtering out the duds.

I'd say proceed as on any other first meetup. The base line is that at least girls B and C have been pre-qualified by Girl A as being available and open to meeting someone.

Girl A enjoys the whole deal because she still gets the frisson and drama of meeting someone new by proxy. If you nail Girl B, Girl A will be along in a flash to hear the play by play from Girl B over margaritas.