rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Study: Brides with Cold Feet More Likely to Cause Divorce Than Grooms with Cold Feet

Study: Brides with Cold Feet More Likely to Cause Divorce Than Grooms with Cold Feet

I know this is patently obvious to most of us here at RVF, but I came across this article a short while ago on Google News and had to share.

Pre-marriage doubts signal unhappy unions, divorce

Quote:Quote:

Among the newlyweds, 47% of husbands and 38% of wives said they had doubts. The study, published online in the Journal of Family Psychology, found that about 10% more husbands than wives had doubts, but the women's inklings of trouble better predicted divorce.

Among women, 19% who reported pre-wedding doubts were divorced four years later, compared with 8% who didn't report having doubts. For husbands, 14% who reported doubts were divorced four years later, compared with 9% who didn't report doubts.

I really think marriage is only best for beta males paired with beta females, who should consider themselves lucky not to reach old age alone.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

This is probably simply due to the fact that a man tries hard to honor his word, while a woman is usually primarily driven by emotions. So even if a man is unhappy he is less likely to break his word. So no surprise here.