rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hispanic fascination with gays

I don't mean a literal fascination either. More so, a cultural one.

For instance, growing up Peruvian like I did, you'd think some of this stuff was meant to make you more alpha, but it did not.

Told things like (if you don't do these things, you are possibly gay):

- Walk like a soldier
- Never laugh too loud
- Don't be picky with your clothes
- Don't spend more than a minute getting ready, only girls take longer
- Don't care about working out too much, stay in your room and do math in your spare time
- Only use cubic paper for doing math, each character/number must be assigned its own box
- Don't request contacts when you're old enough. Men don't care, and any pair of glasses should do.
- Don't ever touch your PP, only 'funny men' do that, meaning gay (my cousin was actually told this)
- Study math, science, or engineering only, everything else is for queers & women.
- Only call your male friends to say hello, no actual conversations with male friends, but you aren't supposed to talk to girls either...might have thoughts of using your PP then. You can a little bit (if it's related to school), but prepare to answer so many questions you'd rather not even bother just to avoid the awkwardness

It's like absolutely every facet of your life is weighed on this scale of gay vs. not gay. So many rules, and so many guys abide by them, it's like communism. You are also told to stay away from girls until you graduate college. We were 5 male cousins and the only experience we had with girls growing up was nothing, we'd only talk about them amongst ourselves - and we'd have to do so in secret.

Some guys may actually applaud this mentality is being alpha. It doesn't make you alpha, it makes you a submissive little bitch with no personality. You become shy because everything you do leads you to wonder if you are being perceived as gay. It's even worse if you want to dress well, be into style, and be cool. My cousins were pure nerds, still are. I never was, I actually fought this mentality, so it was seen as a problem.

In middle school, when my cousins (all of us about the same age) were still asking for Power Rangers and Star wars nerd shit, I was asking for clothes, not bugle boy crap either that was given to us. I'd specifically say I wanted guess jeans (back when they had the upside-down triangle). This was seen as surefire, complete, absolute, unmitigated homosexuality, and my aunt made a huge deal about it. On the ride home to Iowa from Wisconsin I received a 2 hour lecture on how Peruvian men don't care about clothes and that's for sissies and "funny men". You simply wear what is given to you, and show no preference. Same with food, if you like a certain food too much, that you mean dislike another, men don't show food preferences, only girls and "funny men" do.

I wanted one thing...to be better dressed than the guys in my school and hopefully become more popular, mainly because I was smaller & foreign in a white school. I knew girls would notice, they did, but it wasn't enough. At least I tried.

I will say, Hispanic culture (all of them) have an interesting of way of dealing with actual gay shit. They turn it into a joke. Almost all of Univision/Telemundo's humor is centered around a man in drag. Or a hyper-effiminate man acting gay.

We were told to watch "The Birdcage" one Thanksgiving (traditional Hispanics love these types of movies), only because it shows us what we will become if we don't start subscribing to the rules.

So, you're allowed to watch men in drag, as it's the culture's way of dealing with homosexuality, but the second you want to dress or look better, then you are gay yourself. There's a reason most Hispanic guys are nerds and really not that cool. There was never a choice in the beginning to be yourself.

I will say, some Hispanic countries, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay - generally are more advanced the the other Latin countries.

When you get into the more indigenous countries, the nerd quotient goes up exponentially. Even the guys who shouldn't be nerds, end up being nerds way too often.

I thought this might be interesting, and some of the Latin members could chime in.

OK. Now I understand "The Real Life of Alejandro Mayta" by Mario Vargas Llosa.
Quote: (09-10-2012 08:44 PM)dandylion Wrote:  

I don't mean a literal fascination either. More so, a cultural one.

For instance, growing up Peruvian like I did, you'd think some of this stuff was meant to make you more alpha, but it did not.

Told things like (if you don't do these things, you are possibly gay):

- Walk like a soldier
- Never laugh too loud
- Don't be picky with your clothes
- Don't spend more than a minute getting ready, only girls take longer
- Don't care about working out too much, stay in your room and do math in your spare time
- Only use cubic paper for doing math, each character/number must be assigned its own box
- Don't request contacts when you're old enough. Men don't care, and any pair of glasses should do.
- Don't ever touch your PP, only 'funny men' do that, meaning gay (my cousin was actually told this)
- Study math, science, or engineering only, everything else is for queers & women.
- Only call your male friends to say hello, no actual conversations with male friends, but you aren't supposed to talk to girls either...might have thoughts of using your PP then. You can a little bit (if it's related to school), but prepare to answer so many questions you'd rather not even bother just to avoid the awkwardness

It's like absolutely every facet of your life is weighed on this scale of gay vs. not gay. So many rules, and so many guys abide by them, it's like communism. You are also told to stay away from girls until you graduate college. We were 5 male cousins and the only experience we had with girls growing up was nothing, we'd only talk about them amongst ourselves - and we'd have to do so in secret.

Some guys may actually applaud this mentality is being alpha. It doesn't make you alpha, it makes you a submissive little bitch with no personality. You become shy because everything you do leads you to wonder if you are being perceived as gay. It's even worse if you want to dress well, be into style, and be cool. My cousins were pure nerds, still are. I never was, I actually fought this mentality, so it was seen as a problem.

In middle school, when my cousins (all of us about the same age) were still asking for Power Rangers and Star wars nerd shit, I was asking for clothes, not bugle boy crap either that was given to us. I'd specifically say I wanted guess jeans (back when they had the upside-down triangle). This was seen as surefire, complete, absolute, unmitigated homosexuality, and my aunt made a huge deal about it. On the ride home to Iowa from Wisconsin I received a 2 hour lecture on how Peruvian men don't care about clothes and that's for sissies and "funny men". You simply wear what is given to you, and show no preference. Same with food, if you like a certain food too much, that you mean dislike another, men don't show food preferences, only girls and "funny men" do.

I wanted one thing...to be better dressed than the guys in my school and hopefully become more popular, mainly because I was smaller & foreign in a white school. I knew girls would notice, they did, but it wasn't enough. At least I tried.

I will say, Hispanic culture (all of them) have an interesting of way of dealing with actual gay shit. They turn it into a joke. Almost all of Univision/Telemundo's humor is centered around a man in drag. Or a hyper-effiminate man acting gay.

We were told to watch "The Birdcage" one Thanksgiving (traditional Hispanics love these types of movies), only because it shows us what we will become if we don't start subscribing to the rules.

So, you're allowed to watch men in drag, as it's the culture's way of dealing with homosexuality, but the second you want to dress or look better, then you are gay yourself. There's a reason most Hispanic guys are nerds and really not that cool. There was never a choice in the beginning to be yourself.

I will say, some Hispanic countries, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay - generally are more advanced the the other Latin countries.

When you get into the more indigenous countries, the nerd quotient goes up exponentially. Even the guys who shouldn't be nerds, end up being nerds way too often.

I thought this might be interesting, and some of the Latin members could chime in.

When I have traveled in latin america, i didnt find this to be true at all among the younger generation that went to college. Men cared about their appearance and i never heard anti-gay slurs. I think american (beta) men are the most insecure about being thought gay of anywhere i have been. Then again, i have never been to the super conservative parts of the world like the middle east or india.

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA

What countries in Latin America?

Certain ones are very conservative, at least in terms of having a 'straitjacket' mentality for men.

I would say Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador are among the most conservative countries in the world. Mexico, maybe not as much, but still very conservative. It's rare to meet a Mexican guy who is actually cool and into style. These countries have an "irrelevant percent" of people who don't fit this role. Complete outliers on a bell curve.

For example, if you watch European soccer, you'll see guys with flashy haircuts, tans, and sleeve tattoos. You just won't see that all in South America or Central America, besides Argentina on occasion.

This thread makes no sense at all to me and I'm Hispanic.

Burr panders heavily to the middle-America beer gut crowd. Reminds me of Super Bowl commercials..all men are brutes who only care about monster trucks and miller lite. I can picture some Packer fans before a game listening to him.

Quote: (09-10-2012 10:34 PM)houston Wrote:  

This thread makes no sense at all to me and I'm Hispanic.

There is a lot of variance by country. Peru/Bolivia/Ecuador are world-renowned for producing nerds, there is a reason for that.

Watch Univision sometimes, especially around 7pm. They like to use men in drag as their platform, a little too much.

Quote: (09-10-2012 10:17 PM)dandylion Wrote:  

What countries in Latin America?

Certain ones are very conservative, at least in terms of having a 'straitjacket' mentality for men.

I would say Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador are among the most conservative countries in the world. Mexico, maybe not as much, but still very conservative. It's rare to meet a Mexican guy who is actually cool and into style. These countries have an "irrelevant percent" of people who don't fit this role. Complete outliers on a bell curve.

For example, if you watch European soccer, you'll see guys with flashy haircuts, tans, and sleeve tattoos. You just won't see that all in South America or Central America, besides Argentina on occasion.

Do you live in a cave? Or rural area? I know dozens upon dozens upon dozens. Most alpha cool dudes I've met.

Maybe somewhere else. The ones in Iowa are usually recent arrivals, but there's a lot.

The second-generation Mexicans I met when I used to live in Chicago (excluding gangsters), were a lot like the second-generation Peruvians.

Second-generation, middle-class Hispanic guys usually aren't alpha, maybe that sounds better.

[Image: troll.gif]

I don't know why everything is considered potential trolling here. This is a real discussion.

There are entire countries in South America right now, where a teenage boy wants to get contacts (because he wants to appear cooler to a particular girl), but he isn't allowed to, because glasses are masculine. Guys also aren't supposed to get braces in these countries, it weighs in favor of being gay.

To me, that is relevant, and it's something I'd like to fix in the world.

Quote: (09-11-2012 12:03 AM)houston Wrote:  

[Image: eatpuss.gif][Image: troll.gif][Image: eatpuss.gif]

I'm going to move to Israel and be the resident White Race Troll.

This is about certain Hispanic countries, not all are like this, already explained that.

Quote: (09-11-2012 12:12 AM)ImWaitingForTheMan Wrote:  

Most Israeli's are white.

Quote: (09-11-2012 12:01 AM)dandylion Wrote:  

Maybe somewhere else. The ones in Iowa are usually recent arrivals, but there's a lot.

The second-generation Mexicans I met when I used to live in Chicago (excluding gangsters), were a lot like the second-generation Peruvians.

Second-generation, middle-class Hispanic guys usually aren't alpha, maybe that sounds better.

Iowa! LOLOLOLOLOLOL. No wonder.
You're getting called a troll, because you simply have no idea how utterly stupid you sound.

Even when I lived in Chicago, the Mexican guys there (including the 2nd generation) were not much cooler. It's like they are assimilated, but still hold onto these "everything that's not ultra masculine" is gay ideologies.

Quote: (09-11-2012 12:12 AM)ImWaitingForTheMan Wrote:  

You're making me want some Jew pussy bruh [Image: tard.gif]

This is a new one.

[Image: attachment.jpg7693]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I've always wondered about Hispanics and their strange views on these things.
Personally I've completely quit the bullshit around calling people homos and being thought as gay. I dress and probably look gayer than 90% of dudes and I just don't care. If you're not comfortable in pushing your comfort zone or making other people uncomfortable, you're a pussy.

I think every country is fascinated with gays in some way. They are a newly recocknized group.

I'm only concerned with the power that gay guys seem to have over women.

This didn't really seem like trolling to me. Kind of irrelevant, yes, but you do have to admit that the success of Proposition 8 (or whatever number it was) was linked to the heavy Latino voter turnout for 2008 presidential elections in California.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Please don't quote a long post just to add a one liner reply. It's very annoying.

Team Nachos

Quote: (09-11-2012 12:47 AM)Hades Wrote:  

I've always wondered about Hispanics and their strange views on these things.

I'm curious...

What are some of these strange views that Hispanics have???

I know I'm a race troll but this should be entertaining!

There is no "Hispanic fascination with gays"...... that is crap.

Furthermore in Latin cultures being gay means only one thing ...... that you are the "catcher" and not the "pitcher" in a sexual exchange.

It is well known that many "Hispanic" men "pitch", but never consider themselves gay because only the passive is gay.

The cultural ideal is definitely a super alpha dominant male of military type bearing - strict, severe, and macho.

-effeminate men need not apply....