rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

La Ceiba, Honduras Data Sheet

Hotels: I have a unique perspective on the hotels in La Ceiba, because I had the misfortune of visiting while the city was holding a mayor convention. All the good hotels were booked for about four days of my week-long trip and I therefore had to move from hotel to hotel for my first four days there. I don't always book a hotel in advance of travelling, but it is a very good habit to get into. I really didn't forsee this convention happening.

On my first night in La Ceiba, I stayed in the Quinta Real. This is the upscale hotel of La Ceiba and one of the few, if not only, hotels in which you will pay in excess of $100.00 per night. This hotel is relatively new, is modern, is right on the beach, has a pool, and has multiple restaurants. It claims to have a fitness center, but I tried to use a treadmill there and almost slipped and fell immediately. If you are on a budget, the price of the Quinta Real will be an obvious deterrant. The other deterrant is that they charge extra for guests. You probably won't be able to bring girls into the hotel without paying at the front desk. For that reason, I really don't recommend staying there. They do have a nice poolside bar and restaurant that is good to bring a date to, though.

On my second that third nights, I stayed at the Partenon. There was absolutely nothing else available in the whole city for those two nights. The Partenon is an extremely inexpensive hotel which is located on the beach. It has a pool and I had absolutely no problems bringing girls there. I have heard it is at least somewhat dangerous and that the staff has been known to steal things from guests and on more than one occasion and that there have been robberies committed by persons other than hotel staff. I definitely do not recommend staying there. There are enough decent, inexpensive hotels in La Ceiba that justify avoiding the Partenon completely.

For the rest of my trip, I stayed at the Hotel Monserrate. This is a relatively new hotel with an armed security guard outside the main entrance. It is the closest thing you will find to a botique hotel in La Ceiba. It has a pool, a gym, and is very inexpensive. There are some negative reviews of the hotel on some websites, but I take those with a grain of salt. It is far, however, from the beach, the nightlife, and the daygame spots. A short taxi ride can fix all of that. I recommend this hotel.

Another hotel where I did not stay is La Quinta, not to be confused with the Quinta Real. La Quinta is a decent hotel located close to the mall known as the Megaplaza, which is the prime La Ceiba daygame spot. It is far from both the beach and the nightlife, but does not appear to be a horrible hotel choice.

Daygame:

There is a mall called the Megaplaza. When referring to the Megaplaza, people tend to be more responsive when you simply say "mall." This is an excellent daygame spot. Girls are everywhere and are very approachable. You don't want to miss the girls working at Carrion's in the mall. There is an Applebee's in the mall. I know chain restaurants are to be avoided in other countries, but many of the girls want to go there and it is extremely convenient when daygaming in the mall.

Restaurants:

I have heard reviews that a restaurant called Ricardo's in La Ceiba was the best restaurant in Honduras, the best restaurant in Central America, and one of the best restuarants in the world. I went there with extremely high expectations. I was served something resembling shrimp, something else resembling french fries, and a salad with vegetables which were visibly dirty. I don't know if I ordered the wrong thing there, but the food was about as bad as it could possibly be. I spoke to someone else after eating there and she told me the same thing. La Palapa, which is located very close to the Quinta Real, has decent food. Much of it is of the barbeque variety. La Palapa is a pretty popular place which has a bar and a small nightclub behind it. The nightclub is not always open, but sometimes hosts special events. I actually did eat at Applebees twice and the food was not bad. There are multiple fast food chain places. I avoid fast food like the plague.

Nightlife:
La Ceiba is said to have the best nightlife in Honduras. I don't have any other Honduran cities to compare it to. La Casona is very popular. Thursday was the best night there. Hibou is another popular club which is more crowded on weekends. Both are good choices. Most of the other bars and nightclubs should be avoided.

Taxis:
Taxis are dirt cheap here. You pay somewhere between $1.00 and $2.00 and the driver will take you to most places in La Ceiba. These are collective taxis and the taxi may therefore pick up other passengers on the way to your destination. This can be a good thing. One time a driver picked up an 18 or 19 year old girl who was basically a knockout. I numberclosed her, but she said she had to go to the university the next day and I was unable to get her to go back to the hotel with me.

Safety:
La Ceiba, in addition to other Honduran cities, is becomming increasingly dangerous. I believe it is safer than the two more populous Honduran cities. Crime against tourists is rare. Just use common sense.

Getting there:
This can be tricky. La Ceiba is a relatively small city and many of the people who pass through there are doing so just to get to the Bay Islands. I went on Taca Airlines from Dulles Airport in Northern Virginia to San Salvador to San Pedro Sula to La Ceiba. It sounds like a complicated series of flights, but there were only two connections and very short layovers. I left in the morning and arrived that same afternoon. If you can get to Tegucigalpa or better yet, San Pedro Sula, it is very easy to get to La Ceiba. It's quite easy to get to the two bigger Honduran cities from Miami.

Pros of la Ceiba:

Easy, friendly, approachable women
Very inexpensive
Not many fat women
Few foreigners (If foreigners are there, they are probably on their way to the Bay Islands)
Little competition

Cons:
Safety
You will almost definately have to take multiple connecting flights from the United States
Lack of overall attractiveness of the women
Relatively small city (Everyone goes to the same places and you will definitely get caught if you are juggling women)
Beaches are not nice, have black sand, and are not suitable for surfing

Nice Data Sheet.

Are you still in Honduras? Hit me up if you are coming to Tegucigalpa.

Quote: (09-03-2012 08:00 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Nice Data Sheet.

No, but I plan on going back within the next year and I will P.M. you if I am there. Your Tegucigalpa Data Sheet was really good. Someone should put one together on San Pedro Sula.

Quote: (09-03-2012 08:03 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Nice Data Sheet.

No, but I plan on going back within the next year and I will P.M. you if I am there. Your Tegucigalpa Data Sheet was really good. Someone should put one together on San Pedro Sula.

Thanks, sadly its a little outdated now with all that's happened to the night life here.

I believe San Pedro Sula has way better nightlife than Teguz, sadly I cannot provide a sheet.

Since you say you are coming back next year, I assume you had a great time at La Ceiba? Did you check out the Bay Islands?

Quote: (09-03-2012 08:05 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Quote: (09-03-2012 08:03 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Nice Data Sheet.

Thanks, sadly its a little outdated now with all that's happened to the night life here.

I believe San Pedro Sula has way better nightlife than Teguz, sadly I cannot provide a sheet.

Since you say you are coming back next year, I assume you had a great time at La Ceiba? Did you check out the Bay Islands?

No, I haven't been to the Bay Islands. I have heard very mixed things about them. Have you been there?

Yeah, but only to Roatan. I play on going for a few months of just Scuba Diving to Utila next year.

Roatan is great, only been there 3 times but definitely recommend it. I don't think you will like the local girls much but if you go during Semana Santa (April) you will find many foreigners including Europeans. It gets really crazy, at least it was the last time I went (2010).

What mixed things have you heard about Bay Islands? I'll try to clarify as best as possible from experience.

Quote: (09-03-2012 08:31 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Yeah, but only to Roatan. I play on going for a few months of just Scuba Diving to Utila next year.

Roatan is great, only been there 3 times but definitely recommend it. I don't think you will like the local girls much but if you go during Semana Santa (April) you will find many foreigners including Europeans. It gets really crazy, at least it was the last time I went (2010).

What mixed things have you heard about Bay Islands? I'll try to clarify as best as possible from experience.

What I have heard is that there is no point in going after local girls there. I have heard from some sources that it is a sausagefest. I have heard from other sources that there are many European girls there and that it is somewhat similar to what Greek Kamaki describes in the Greek Islands. Is there a liquor ban during Semana Santa? I have been hit with that in Central America in the past. Did you take a plane or a boat from La Ceiba to Roatan?

Overall, I think with the possible exception of Costa Rica, information on Central America is pretty underrepresented here. Unfortunately, a fair amount of what we do have is a bunch of Dash Global garbage which should be corrected and/or removed. I am not in a position to correct Dash's Nicaragua information, because I have still not been there, but I will do my best to keep the Central America information coming.

Wouldn't say it is a complete sausagefest, but the ratio is not very favorable. A liquor ban in Semana Santa is very unlikely, I don't I ever recall one at least here in Honduras.

Quote:Quote:

Did you take a plane or a boat from La Ceiba to Roatan?
I took the ferry. I dont think the plane is worth the extra cost really, unless you are really in a hurry. The ferry is only an hour tops to get to the island plus luggage hassles on arrival.

I think Central America is not very famous for gaming, except for Costa Rica since all the Ticas seem to take all the attention.

It would be nice if more people would come. I would love to hang out with fellow RVFers and help in any way I can.

Wondering about how hot or not women are in Honduras. I met about 15 women from Honduras at a club in Havana. They were all very good looking! 8+! I thought of visiting the country.
Are the majority pretty good looking?

Quote: (09-04-2012 08:12 PM)Wayout Wrote:  

Wondering about how hot or not women are in Honduras. I met about 15 women from Honduras at a club in Havana. They were all very good looking! 8+! I thought of visiting the country.

I think many other posters will agree with me when I say that Honduran women are as a whole less attractive than the women of most other Latin American countries. In addition, the women in La Ceiba are not the most attractive Hondurans. From my limited experience in Honduras, I would say that Tegucigalpa has the most attractive women. I have heard good things about Santa Barbara, but have never been there. Honduran women as a whole, in my experience, are easy, friendly, and approachable. La Ceiba has been called the friendliest city in Honduras and that extends to the women. I don't doubt that you saw some attractive Honduran women in Cuba, as I have met some in Miami and even in Washington, D.C.(all joking aside). Some guys in Honduras even say that the best Honduran women all end up in Miami . That is debateable.

Quote: (09-04-2012 09:28 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I think many other posters will agree with me when I say that Honduran women are as a whole less attractive than the women of most other Latin American countries. In addition, the women in La Ceiba are not the most attractive Hondurans. From my limited experience in Honduras, I would say that Tegucigalpa has the most attractive women. I have heard good things about Santa Barbara, but have never been there. Honduran women as a whole, in my experience, are easy, friendly, and approachable. La Ceiba has been called the friendliest city in Honduras and that extends to the women. I don't doubt that you saw some attractive Honduran women in Cuba, as I have met some in Miami and even in Washington, D.C.(all joking aside). Some guys in Honduras even say that the best Honduran women all end up in Miami . That is debateable.

I dated a honduran chick for about 4 months in Miami. She would literally would bring me a new gift, bottle of alcohol, and cook for me everytime she saw me without me even asking. She was about 7.5 too. Very friendly, family oriented people in my experience. I went to Honduras with her for 3 days, but couldn't really get a feel of the nightlife, but I can attest that the most talent tries to get out of Honduras and most of the hottest end up in Miami. Her friends were fire.

Quote: (09-05-2012 10:05 AM)rationalize_this Wrote:  

I dated a honduran chick for about 4 months in Miami. She would literally would bring me a new gift, bottle of alcohol, and cook for me everytime she saw me without me even asking. She was about 7.5 too. Very friendly, family oriented people in my experience. I went to Honduras with her for 3 days, but couldn't really get a feel of the nightlife, but I can attest that the most talent tries to get out of Honduras and most of the hottest end up in Miami. Her friends were fire.

Was she the same one who you said worked for Baccardi and got married pretty fast? I don't miss much.

Quote: (09-05-2012 10:42 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Was she the same one who you said worked for Baccardi and got married pretty fast? I don't miss much.

She wants me to come to the wedding [Image: dodgy.gif]

Quote: (09-05-2012 11:13 AM)rationalize_this Wrote:  

Quote: (09-05-2012 10:42 AM)Merenguero Wrote:  

She wants me to come to the wedding [Image: dodgy.gif]

If the wedding is in Miami, you should definitely go. I'm pretty sure she has tons of friends and female relatives. If it is in Honduras, it may not be worth the trip.