rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rolled out solo dolo for the first time last night...

While not technically my first time going out alone, this was my first time trying to put any real effort into it. I have a local sports bar I walk to alone to watch UFC matches. I went there once on a regular night and had a few beers but felt so awkward I just sat there watching the TV and did no approaches. But Jackhammer's recent post on rolling out solo inspired me to give it an effort last night. Roosh's latest video post also gave me some more confidence about it in how to approach alone and where to position yourself in the bar.

Although it wasn't a fruitful night per se, I did end up having a good time, and I think I'm now over my issues of rolling solo night game. In fact, as I found out, having friends or wings along can even be counter-productive as you may easily get distracted from the reason you went out in the first place. All the fears of looking like a loser were just in my head. Nobody seemed to even care that I was by myself.

I started my night out in downtown checking out an outdoor hip-hop concert at this amphitheater. I was there mainly for the show, but was also looking for targets. Most people were seated or with friends and paying attention to the show and there wasn't much mingling going on. I posted up near a wall that people were walking by and looked for eye contact from girls walking by. This cat much older than me, another lone wolf posted up and asked something about what group was on next. We got to talking and it turned out he was pretty much doing the same thing I was, but he was a much older playa. I thought he was maybe 45-50, but turned out he was 62 which shocked me as he looked fairly young and in shape(He looked a bit like Obama). He was spitting game at girls half his age that walked by. He'd traveled across Latin America and were talking about the girls down there and music and all kinds of stuff. Talking to him had actually caused me to mess up an opportunity to approach this cute sista that smiled at me walking by. He soon after took off as he said he was meeting up with a lady, he gave me his biz card and that was that. I'll prolly stay in touch. I then ran into a few local peeps I know and hung with them for a bit until they had to take off. Tried approaching this one bangin sista that looked E. African but she was clearly uninterested. So far, going out alone didn't seem that lonely after all.

After the show I went to a local downtown bar called Spring Street. It felt weird going in by myself but I did it anyway. I slowly walked the length of the bar and went to the bathroom just so I could see if there were any available targets. It was looking pretty weak. I chatted up a dude in line at the bathroom just to keep myself sociable. After that, I went back to the bar and sort of hung in a hidden place(per Roosh's video) and waited to see if there were any attractive chics coming in. After 20 minutes I was getting bored seeing no turnover and bounced to another venue.

I then went to another bar around the corner called Las Perlas. Looked more lively but not seeing too many targets there either(too many Asian chics, girls with guys). I went to an open space at the corner of the bar and posted up and ordered an expensive cocktail. Only approachable girls were these two friends right next to me, a cute and thin black girl and this overweight Mexican chic who still had a cute face. The Mexican chic was right next to me. She just got her drink so I opened her for conversation. I wasn't interested in her but just wanted to stay sociable so I don't get caught up in my head. Slowly I got the black girl more engaged in the conversation though she wasn't participating nearly as much as the Mexican girl. After 30 minutes of chatting, my drink was done and I felt like the conversation sort of exhausted itself and there were now pauses. I looked around and didn't see anything else I wanted to hit up. I said goodbye to the two chics and bounced. I'm sure the Mexican girl would've given me her number but she was too heavyset for me.

I walked across the street to a place called Coles and the bar looked packed. Before I could even get to the bar to grab a beer, I hear someone call out my name. It was some old friends I hadn't seen in a few years. At that point I pretty much had to sit down and talk to them and get caught up. Meanwhile a few more cute chics were trickling in but since I was engage in conversation with my college-era buddies, now I was distracted from approaching. After that we left to go eat at a taco truck and that was a wrap. One of the dudes is married and one has been in a relationship with the same girl forever but I got the clear impression they are both prowling for some ass on the side.

So all in all, not a very prolific night as far as approaches(due to not many good targets and getting distracted with friends I encountered), but this was my first time rolling solo at night and I think I'm already over my apprehension about doing it and that was the main goal. I had fun and I'm actually excited about doing it again. I would like to get to the point where I roll out solo at least 4 days a week for both happy hours game and night game.

I say to my fellows here, if you've been thinking about rolling solo but felt weird about it, just do it. It's not bad at all and you will be more efficient and waste less time chatting with buddies. Wingmen are really unnecessary now.

Good work. I pretty much exclusively rely on solo dolo night game and OKC. The way I see it is if you start rolling solo young by the time you are in your late twenties early thirties you will be that guy that everyone wants to hang with when you're out. I pretty much only use a wingman if they are really close friends and all we need to do to communicate is grunt at each other or nod.

The best part of this is that it sharpens your general social skills to a fine degree.

Good effort.

One thing that struck me about your story is a lack of good targets. Even in a sausage fest here, you'll still be busy all night because of the high level of talent.

Better late than never speakeasy? Good job.

good job going out alone. Going out alone is essential in my opinion. Then you are totally reliant on yourself and not just sitting around friends buying time to avoid other people. I find it wayyy more relaxing (less pressure since you are there alone) and easier to strike up conversations when I'm out alone.

edit: just to add, you can also experiment with your wardrobe a lot more. The only time I've done suit game so far is when I'm by myself (I'm on business in Iowa). If I was in SoCal a lot of my friends would be in their flannels or t-shirt. So experiment out there!

Good work-the most difficult thing about rolling solo is getting out of the house!
I find it much easier away from my own patch due to the knowing people issue but that can of course also have its advantages if you hit a dry spell during the evening. The hidden area thing is a great tip from Roosh.

Thanks guys. Here's a question: If you're in a venue that's not target rich, how much time do you give yourself to see if it improves before you venue bounce?

Also, what do you do to keep costs down? Is it best to just ask for water to drink? If you hit 4 spots in one night at $9 a drink and do this a several times a week. That starts to add up. But since you'll be visiting the same spots often you don't want to get the reputation of that guy who comes all the time and doesn't buy anything.

Quote: (08-26-2012 06:08 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

While not technically my first time going out alone, this was my first time trying to put any real effort into it. I have a local sports bar I walk to alone to watch UFC matches. I went there once on a regular night and had a few beers but felt so awkward I just sat there watching the TV and did no approaches. But Jackhammer's recent post on rolling out solo inspired me to give it an effort last night. Roosh's latest video post also gave me some more confidence about it in how to approach alone and where to position yourself in the bar.

Although it wasn't a fruitful night per se, I did end up having a good time, and I think I'm now over my issues of rolling solo night game. In fact, as I found out, having friends or wings along can even be counter-productive as you may easily get distracted from the reason you went out in the first place. All the fears of looking like a loser were just in my head. Nobody seemed to even care that I was by myself.

I started my night out in downtown checking out an outdoor hip-hop concert at this amphitheater. I was there mainly for the show, but was also looking for targets. Most people were seated or with friends and paying attention to the show and there wasn't much mingling going on. I posted up near a wall that people were walking by and looked for eye contact from girls walking by. This cat much older than me, another lone wolf posted up and asked something about what group was on next. We got to talking and it turned out he was pretty much doing the same thing I was, but he was a much older playa. I thought he was maybe 45-50, but turned out he was 62 which shocked me as he looked fairly young and in shape(He looked a bit like Obama). He was spitting game at girls half his age that walked by. He'd traveled across Latin America and were talking about the girls down there and music and all kinds of stuff. Talking to him had actually caused me to mess up an opportunity to approach this cute sista that smiled at me walking by. He soon after took off as he said he was meeting up with a lady, he gave me his biz card and that was that. I'll prolly stay in touch. I then ran into a few local peeps I know and hung with them for a bit until they had to take off. Tried approaching this one bangin sista that looked E. African but she was clearly uninterested. So far, going out alone didn't seem that lonely after all.

After the show I went to a local downtown bar called Spring Street. It felt weird going in by myself but I did it anyway. I slowly walked the length of the bar and went to the bathroom just so I could see if there were any available targets. It was looking pretty weak. I chatted up a dude in line at the bathroom just to keep myself sociable. After that, I went back to the bar and sort of hung in a hidden place(per Roosh's video) and waited to see if there were any attractive chics coming in. After 20 minutes I was getting bored seeing no turnover and bounced to another venue.

I then went to another bar around the corner called Las Perlas. Looked more lively but not seeing too many targets there either(too many Asian chics, girls with guys). I went to an open space at the corner of the bar and posted up and ordered an expensive cocktail. Only approachable girls were these two friends right next to me, a cute and thin black girl and this overweight Mexican chic who still had a cute face. The Mexican chic was right next to me. She just got her drink so I opened her for conversation. I wasn't interested in her but just wanted to stay sociable so I don't get caught up in my head. Slowly I got the black girl more engaged in the conversation though she wasn't participating nearly as much as the Mexican girl. After 30 minutes of chatting, my drink was done and I felt like the conversation sort of exhausted itself and there were now pauses. I looked around and didn't see anything else I wanted to hit up. I said goodbye to the two chics and bounced. I'm sure the Mexican girl would've given me her number but she was too heavyset for me.

I walked across the street to a place called Coles and the bar looked packed. Before I could even get to the bar to grab a beer, I hear someone call out my name. It was some old friends I hadn't seen in a few years. At that point I pretty much had to sit down and talk to them and get caught up. Meanwhile a few more cute chics were trickling in but since I was engage in conversation with my college-era buddies, now I was distracted from approaching. After that we left to go eat at a taco truck and that was a wrap. One of the dudes is married and one has been in a relationship with the same girl forever but I got the clear impression they are both prowling for some ass on the side.

So all in all, not a very prolific night as far as approaches(due to not many good targets and getting distracted with friends I encountered), but this was my first time rolling solo at night and I think I'm already over my apprehension about doing it and that was the main goal. I had fun and I'm actually excited about doing it again. I would like to get to the point where I roll out solo at least 4 days a week for both happy hours game and night game.

I say to my fellows here, if you've been thinking about rolling solo but felt weird about it, just do it. It's not bad at all and you will be more efficient and waste less time chatting with buddies. Wingmen are really unnecessary now.

We most likely crossed paths Speakeasy. If you're talking about Saturday night, I was down there walking around looking for target-rich venues. I started out at The Varnish (the cocktail bar in the back of Coles) Moved across the street to Las Perlas, went back across the street to The Association. Walked down to see if I could get into the Exchange or The Perch, but after looking at the people in line decided it wasn't worth the effort. It was not a fruitful night for me either. Bad ratios and not very attractive women out. I spit game at a handful of girls but they were all in "weekend mode" i.e. attention span of a 5 year old retard.

I find Wednesdays and Thursdays to be fruitful nights out. If you're not into asian girls downtown might not be your best option though. (I love the Association, lots of asian sluts from the Exchange wind up over there.)

I spent $120, but that's because I took a cab around at various points. Most nights out I spend $20-$60 depending if I have a hookup through a bartender.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (08-27-2012 11:41 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Thanks guys. Here's a question: If you're in a venue that's not target rich, how much time do you give yourself to see if it improves before you venue bounce?

Also, what do you do to keep costs down? Is it best to just ask for water to drink? If you hit 4 spots in one night at $9 a drink and do this a several times a week. That starts to add up. But since you'll be visiting the same spots often you don't want to get the reputation of that guy who comes all the time and doesn't buy anything.

I sometimes order water (do the driving motion with my hands) and tip the bartender $1-$2 or nothing. I pretend I'm drinking vodka tonic on ice. Put lemon on it or order soda, Red Bull if you want flavor; these drinks also usually cost less than cocktails. Buy every now and then, pick an hour or a night. If you connected with a girl with a particular bar, you can buy her a drink at your player discretion.

Quote: (08-27-2012 11:48 AM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

We most likely crossed paths Speakeasy. If you're talking about Saturday night, I was down there walking around looking for target-rich venues. I started out at The Varnish (the cocktail bar in the back of Coles) Moved across the street to Las Perlas, went back across the street to The Association. Walked down to see if I could get into the Exchange or The Perch, but after looking at the people in line decided it wasn't worth the effort. It was not a fruitful night for me either. Bad ratios and not very attractive women out. I spit game at a handful of girls but they were all in "weekend mode" i.e. attention span of a 5 year old retard.

I find Wednesdays and Thursdays to be fruitful nights out. If you're not into asian girls downtown might not be your best option though. (I love the Association, lots of asian sluts from the Exchange wind up over there.)

I spent $120, but that's because I took a cab around at various points. Most nights out I spend $20-$60 depending if I have a hookup through a bartender.

Sounds like some paths were definitely crossed! I was going to go to Perch too but I walked by and must've been 100 people in line. Did you see a black dude walking around with a black shirt and grey cabbie hat? Lol.

Yeah I know downtown isn't ideal for dudes that don't have yellow fever, but it's the only part of town with a NYC feel where you can easily bar hop on foot and have the type of spontaneous street interactions you'd have back east. I also like the strong character of the venues and lack of pretentiousness. But the downside is that it does not attract LA's beautiful crowd like Hollywood does, though you can still see plenty of 7s on a good night.

Quote: (08-27-2012 03:58 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (08-27-2012 11:48 AM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Sounds like some paths were definitely crossed! I was going to go to Perch too but I walked by and must've been 100 people in line. Did you see a black dude walking around with a black shirt and grey cabbie hat? Lol.

Yeah I know downtown isn't ideal for dudes that don't have yellow fever, but it's the only part of town with a NYC feel where you can easily bar hop on foot and have the type of spontaneous street interactions you'd have back east. I also like the strong character of the venues and lack of pretentiousness. But the downside is that it does not attract LA's beautiful crowd like Hollywood does, though you can still see plenty of 7s on a good night.

I saw the line but it was all weesh dudes who couldn't get in. I was dressed pretty sharp and considered slipping the door woman a 20, but I just wasnt feeling the crowd that night and I'd already spent enough.

I agree about the vibe and feeling of downtown. It feels more like my kind of place and I think that might help with the vibe we send out. I'm not too into the whole blonde hair blue eye "The Hills" look that you see in Hollywood so some of the hottest girls I've seen have been downtown, actually. I'll send you a PM with my number if you ever wanna wing it. I have a feeling The Falls could be great on a Thursday night.

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Is rolling out solo a good idea for a guy just starting out? Or is this something you should do after you have some more experience?

Feel the fear..then do it anyway.

Quote: (08-28-2012 12:10 AM)NewGamer Wrote:  

Is rolling out solo a good idea for a guy just starting out? Or is this something you should do after you have some more experience?

I don't think it matters. To me, gaming is all about being well rounded. Any seasoned player should be able to roll solo, wing it, day game, club game, dance game, dive bar game, internet game (ugh), etc.

I will say that rolling solo brings you up to speed fast and forces you to confront a lot of blue-pill social conditioning. Think of it as being deep in the trenches. If you can get through night after night of rolling solo, it makes other situations seem ridiculously easy.

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (08-28-2012 12:10 AM)NewGamer Wrote:  

solo game will teach you how to be independent. if you ready for some harsh lessons about yourself then go for it now. you will probably understand pretty well what 'you are your own worst enemy' means.

personally i just fucking hate going out solo, i hate this pressure of having to approach someone to chat/have fun. it's soooo much boring without the entourage that you can fuck around with.

When you are with guys you are boosted.I tell them wait and see me pick up this hot girl and I go straight I do not hesitate at all because the guys approve.When you are solo you are not given the feeback of approval so it can be harder.On the other hand you have considerably more flexibility.

Stop her and ask for the time.

Quote: (08-27-2012 11:41 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Alternate between alcohol and water.

You can also bring along a flask

Awesome man. Going out solo is such a beast, especially for dudes like me who are extremely introverted. It really forces you to analyze EVERY single aspect of your game. Even stuff as minute as how you sit down in a chair at a bar to how you hold your drink makes you self-conscious if you're by yourself in such a social environment, and I've found myself beginning to optimize to get the best results.

The sticking point are those collections of 3 or more girls. Obviously it's going to be near impossible finding a solitary girl unless she's at the bar grabbing a drink real quick.

I give myself at least a half hour if the place looks like it has decent movement. I walked right in and out of bar last Friday because it looked too non-eventful.