rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Another article from Hanna Rosin, this one about hookup culture

"The hookup culture that has largely replaced dating on college campuses has been viewed, in many quarters, as socially corrosive and ultimately toxic to women, who seemingly have little choice but to participate. Actually, it is an engine of female progress—one being harnessed and driven by women themselves."

Ok good, as long as it empowers women. [Image: tard.gif]

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arch..._page=true

"Learning to shut the fuck up and let men get on with everything that should largely replace feminism on college campuses would be viewed, in many quarters, as socially corrosive and ultimately toxic to women, who should have little choice but to participate. Actually, it would be an engine of female progress - one being harnessed and driven for women themselves."

It's actually a decent article. The gist of it is, 'women must be whores for feminism to prosper.' Actually, select excerpts might make for a great argument against feminism. There are plenty of 'social conservatives' who think that promiscuity is bad but feminism is good, and the article throws that into question, because whorishness is an essential consequence of, if not a feature of, feminism.

However Rosin says girls are no less intimate or romantic for it, and this is false on its face. I bet that eventually, feminists will own up to this, and cite it as a good thing, just as Rosin has done with strumpetry here. After all, emotional intimacy just gets in the way of complete female autonomy. It also may promote femininity, which only retards feminist progress towards the elimination of the sexes.

She also talks of some girl who dreams going on a $3 date, as an indication of how easy sex is. The reality is, the number of guys that that girl would go on that date with is small. And if they didn't bang on the first date, her 'calendar' would be too 'full' all of a sudden, for her to meet up again.

Nothing she says is novel to say, any guy who's gotten fresh pussy in the last decade. Guys like the posters here, are in 95% agreement about these things, not because we're brainwashed, but because it's the reality we experience every day.

Hypergamy is good for feminism, in that it lets a girl get what she wants in the short term, and lowers the odds of her entering a serious relationship that would only 'suffocate' her and dull her drive for autonomy and gender equality. If she can't lock down the Mr. Bigs, she is old and husbandless, a natural supporter for the feminist cause!

I like fucking feminists

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

If you want to see feminism in action spend a day in family court. Women can do no wrong in that venue ...even with a male judge presiding. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (08-26-2012 12:18 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

If you want to see feminism in action spend a day in family court. Women can do no wrong in that venue ...even with a male judge presiding. [Image: dodgy.gif]
The judges here know what's up. I'm seeing ore guys with custody and getting support daily. It's going to change in the rest of the country soon.

Uni hookup culture and the attitudes towards it by men and women alike is fast becoming like the culture described in Brave New World. The main difference being that it's not alphas fucking 8s/9s, betas fucking 6s/7s etc. but 80% of girls fucking the top alphas only. It's telling that feminist journalists like Rosin will flatly avoid mentioning this fact, yet it's the single obvious trend that you notice when you look at uni hookup culture. And don't think that students don't know it - that's why male sports programs are hyper-competitive no matter what uni you go to (being on the rugby team, for instance, or the college football team in the US, means you're at or nearly at the top of the tree status-wise).

An interesting difference Rosin points out is the effect of income (mainly parental income) on the sexual choices of female students, with poorer students preferring long-term boyfriends and perhaps having children reasonably early, and richer students tending to delve more into hookup culture. Reminded me a lot of this article http://johndraper.wordpress.com/2012/07/...nsecurity/

Quote: (08-26-2012 12:32 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

The judges here know what's up. I'm seeing ore guys with custody and getting support daily. It's going to change in the rest of the country soon.
I was down in Florida recently and I actually noticed a couple billboards on the side of the turnpike advertising a "Divorce Lawyer for Men". It took me by surprise because I hadn't seen anything very MRA-ish outside of the Internet prior. It seems like the lawyers and judges down there are truly starting to wisen up to the reality of the courts' bias.

Quote: (08-26-2012 01:17 PM)Icepasian Wrote:  

I was down in Florida recently and I actually noticed a couple billboards on the side of the turnpike advertising a "Divorce Lawyer for Men". It took me by surprise because I hadn't seen anything very MRA-ish outside of the Internet prior. It seems like the lawyers and judges down there are truly starting to wisen up to the reality of the courts' bias.

I know a girl in Orlando who lost custody to her ex husband. She says the courts are very liberal down there and not biased to either side like they are in the Northeast. Needless to say she hates it down there. Florida is a blue state isn't it?

Team Nachos

Quote: (08-26-2012 01:23 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-26-2012 01:17 PM)Icepasian Wrote:  

I know a girl in Orlando who lost custody to her ex husband. She says the courts are very liberal down there and not biased to either side like they are in the Northeast. Needless to say she hates it down there. Florida is a blue state isn't it?

Indeed, the courts in the Northeast are brutal but that's to be expected considering the Northeast is the economic and educational(women's rights degrees especially) hub of the USA. Florida is a swing-state from what I know of.

No lie guys - you'll probably have better luck with a female judge awarding the father custody, since female judges are more likely to be critical of mothers than a white knight male judge.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (08-26-2012 05:44 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

No lie guys - you'll probably have better luck with a female judge awarding the father custody, since female judges are more likely to be critical of mothers than a white knight male judge.

Any female family court judge that I've been in front of has had a hyphenated last name. That's drives me crazy and wreaks of feminism to me.

Team Nachos

"“Rather than struggling to get into relationships,” Armstrong reported, women “had to work to avoid them.” (One woman lied to an interested guy, portraying herself as “extremely conservative” to avoid dating him.) Many did not want a relationship to steal time away from their friendships or studying.

Wow, I would to see what Heartiste would say about the real motivations behind this.

Quote: (08-28-2012 10:02 AM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

"“Rather than struggling to get into relationships,” Armstrong reported, women “had to work to avoid them.” (One woman lied to an interested guy, portraying herself as “extremely conservative” to avoid dating him.) Many did not want a relationship to steal time away from their friendships or studying.

Wow, I would to see what Heartiste would say about the real motivations behind this.

I mentioned this in another thread, but while I was in B-school in the 80s, the hookup culture was in full flower. All the women wanted to do was fuck and study.

At one point I was banging two girls who were on my team in a marketing class. Each of them didn't know the other was doing it, though I think the second one sensed it when she invited me up to her apartment after I drove her home after I saw her in the library. I will never forget her smooth ass. Alas, just a one time thing with her.

Quote: (08-28-2012 10:02 AM)DarkTriad Wrote:  

That's so stupid. They think they're going to be young and pretty forever. Unfortunately for them they have an expiration date and the harsh reality of 30 will slap them in the face before they know it.

Team Nachos

Well, at least now they can't claim that the hookup culture exists because all men are jerks who leave women with no choice. "Harnessed and being driven by women themselves" is completely true, although I'm not sure that the author would really like its consequences.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before