rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Research on attraction thread

I have read about various scientific studies done on attraction. I hope we can use this thread for posting interesting research as I think some of it can be useful.

I will start with:

Lift More Weights, Get More Mates: UCLA Research Shows Muscular Men Have More Flings, Partners, Affairs

Key quotes:

Code:
Code:
The self-identified muscular men had not only had more sexual partners than their less burly peers, but they were twice as likely to have had brief flings or one-night stands with women. The difference in the number of sexual partners reported by the men who were more muscular than average was also notable: They reported having had an average of four partners, compared with an average of 1.5 partners for men who reported average or below-average muscularity.

The more muscular individuals were twice as likely as their less well-built peers to have hooked up with someone else's sweetheart.

141 undergraduate women consistently identified the most muscular ones as not only less likely to commit but also more volatile and domineering. In the study, the women rated "toned" guys — the physical type two notches down from "brawny" — as the most sexually attractive.

Still, in a study by Frederick and Haselton of 82 college coeds, most women reported that their short-term partners were more muscular than their long-term ones. They characterized their long-term — and presumably less muscular — partners as more trustworthy and romantic than their one-night stands or brief affairs.

Quote:Quote:

young men who were more muscular than average were twice as likely to have had more than three sex partners in their lives

I'm skeptical about this research. 3 sex partners sounds like the number of lays of the average beta male, rather than the number of more muscled alpha guys

Having said this, I noticed a muscled redneck on the train (a 4) with a solid 7, apparently a Russian couple.

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

attraction in a nutshell

every interaction, no matter how smooth, is little frame battle. and 99% of time one frame is stronger than the other one and the winner has the most emotional impact on anyone else.

so attraction comes down to.. whoever has the most unwavering certainty and least emotional reaction towards other person will tend to have the dominant frame.

how dominant frame is conveyed:

-- Who is Screening vs Qualifying – who is trying/reacting more in the interaction? Can be obvious (trying to impress) or very subtle (who is going into their head more and exertingmore effort?). There’s no “tactic” for this. The self is always coming through. Ex: Even if you are talking more than her maybe you’re just in a blabbermouth mood and she’s trying to impress you by seeming aloof.
-- Who is emotionally affected by the other person’s acceptance, and who would feel no change?
-- Who is losing their concept of what’s cool and who feels no change?
-- Who is changing the way that they normally talk in order to keep up and who is setting the tone of the conversation? (Ex : White guys who start talking gangsta, “Yo”, if around a cooler dude who does it all the time.)
-- Who would be having just as much fun if the other person wasn’t there and who would feel like they’re getting kicked out of the warm end of the pool?

all of the above has plenty of various other popular definitions like.. being the prize, not giving a fuck, being selector, being hard to get, high status, high value, etc.

all of this is SUBCOMMUNICATED.

It's kind of like 'a game of chicken'.. who will flinch emotionally first is affected/influenced in the interaction and loses status and upper hand. i'm sure everyone knows this feeling when someone really cool is next to you and you feel stressed and you micro manage every little thing and word to come across well to that person.

that's what actually happens between the verses which causes smooth techniques, lines, methods, tactics to work, not content but this shit above.

when you understand the root of attraction you will never have problem with having good thing to say etc since all it matters is to not be affected and get the girl to react to you, not other way around. when you overthink some shit as you game, you CARE TOO MUCH and you've lost already so then you need to use techniques/lines/methods/tactics/etc to get back on track and regain so called status which you gave away voluntarily at the beginning.

that frame needs to be solid at all times. that's how popular/rich/famous/charismatic/etc people behave naturally, they're in their own world so to speak hence they stay centered and grounded like a motherfucker.

the end

I read that several places. I cant remember where though.

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."

'In the study, the women rated "toned" guys — the physical type two notches down from "brawny" — as the most sexually attractive.'

That's interesting, it's something I've observed too. Not universal though.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.