rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Global fame or 10 billion dollars?

Just wondering what is your opinion on this.

Would you prefer to be globally famous to the point where everywhere in the world you go people know you or would you rather have 10 billion dollars but be anonymous aka unknown?

Remember that if you are globally famous you will only have 5 million dollars in your bank.

I was thinking about this and one minute i wanted to choose fame, the next minute i wanted the money. Game wise, the famous guy wont get rejected as much as the billionaire guy would but being a billionaire allows you to change peoples lives and you can still have crazy connections that will allow you to live a wild life.

Both have the same looks but both have different levels of money and fame. Which one would you choose?

I don't think its even possible to be "anonymous aka unknown" if you have 10 billion dollars.

To quote Tupac Shakur, "All I want is money, fuck the fame I'm a simple man..."

To be that rich and be completely unknown would be a gift. Nobody fucking with you, trying to kidnap your family for ransom, trying to leech off you. I'd run my game in eternal wealth, comfort, and solitude while others take the heat.

That kind of wealth managed properly can assure that your great great grandchildren will live in comfort. Fame is temporary. Especially so considering that $5 million fame probably means you're probably a one hit wonder. I'd take the money.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

You guys heard of Eike batista? I doubt it. He was worth almost 30 billion dollars 2 years ago, if this guy goes to a NY nightclub, i doubt anybody would recognise him, if he goes to london night bars,i doubt he will be recognised.

Some guys are worth billions and they are not that well known. I am sure if you list few billionaires names, i might not know them. I know LOTS of people who dont know who is Warren Buffet. Girls dont usually pay mind to the richest people in the world. Remember the majority of people are very ignorant.

Quote: (08-24-2012 06:54 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

That kind of wealth managed properly can assure that your great great grandchildren will live in comfort. Fame is temporary. Especially so considering that $5 million fame probably means you're probably a one hit wonder. I'd take the money.

That sounds good but i think most of us on here are selfish people (not in a bad way). We are not really thinking about grandkids, i dont think most of us are even planning to have kids..we are trying to live a life full of fun.

"I always want to say to people who want to be rich and famous: 'try being rich first'. See if that doesn't cover most of it. There's not much downside to being rich, other than paying taxes and having your relatives ask you for money. But when you become famous, you end up with a 24-hour job." - Bill Murray

I'd take the money.

And then if I wanted fame I could make it happen with all that money

Give me the money. I have no desire to be recognized everywhere I go.

Any like flyfreshandyoung has said, if you've got billions and want fame, you can make it happen with that kind of money.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I myself would desire the cash. Fame would be of work and bullshit to maintain and does not provide as many opportunities long term as that 10 Billion.

Funny if you were to ask this question to females majority of them would do the opposite and pick the fame.

SHOW ME THE MONEY

$10,000,000,000

Who wants paparazzi following you every move?

Money. With money, I have mobility. With fame I have attention wanted or not. And with the amount of haters in the world, there may be attention that I don't desire.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

"I don't give a fuck about fame
I rather deal wit a number than a muthafuking name (word)
Get me paid and then rap
'Cause all the other bullshit money ain't jack"
Easy E

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Money and it's not even close. It's much easier to turn $10 billion into fame tan it is is to turn fame into $10 billion. The combination of money and game can get you pretty close to the level of freak reactions that famous dudes get from women.

Also, that kind of money can buy you entre into places where just being there grants you instant status.

Quote: (08-24-2012 06:44 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Just wondering what is your opinion on this.

Would you prefer to be globally famous to the point where everywhere in the world you go people know you

This sounds like my nightmare.

Quote:Quote:

or would you rather have 10 billion dollars but be anonymous aka unknown?

This really wasn't a difficult decision.

Quote:Quote:

Game wise, the famous guy wont get rejected as much as the billionaire guy would but being a billionaire allows you to change peoples lives and you can still have crazy connections that will allow you to live a wild life.

These billionaires are not running "game" like average joes. Refer to this post.

Quote: (08-24-2012 07:02 PM)pitt Wrote:  

That sounds good but i think most of us on here are selfish people (not in a bad way). We are not really thinking about grandkids, i dont think most of us are even planning to have kids..we are trying to live a life full of fun.

I won't speak for them, but I'll speak for me.

In the end, fame is highly ephemeral-it disappears sooner rather than later. Most of the things you own will not stand the test of time either. Your money won't follow you and the little flings you had will, more often than not, fade into utter insignificance. You won't even remember many of them, nor will they mean a thing (hell, some will repulse you in time).

Do you know what lasts (or, at a bare minimum, has the potential to last) far longer than you or any of the things I mentioned?
The family. Your name. And (most importantly), your blood. The ability to pass on our genetic legacy is not only our actual main purpose in life (from a biological perspective), but it is also as close as universally insignificant peons like ourselves will ever get to immortality. Long after you go (centuries or multiple millenia, even), the unique organic building blocks that make you up will persist. You're gone, but you'll still be here, at least in part.

That's what matters to me. I can't make it matter to you, nor do I think it must. We're all free to make our own choices. For me personally, though, that's all that counts when all is said and done.

Bottomline: Give me $10 Billion dollars and zero notoriety. While you enjoy your fame, I will work behind the scenes to sire as many offspring as I responsibly can and catapault every last one of them into the highest political and economic stations this world has to offer with my wealth.
I will do everything in my power to ensure that they inherit a dynasty that lasts for generations to come, safe in the knowledge that they are at the top of the societal pyramid and will remain so. They will be immune to the ravages of petty abundant racism, crime, and other ills that hit us every day, while still having more than anyone the ability to combat said ills and make them a thing of the past.
I can rest peacefully after that foundation is set. If I fail, then at least I tried.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

(Fame + 5 Million Dollars) < (10 Billion Dollars + No Fame)

The only answer is 10 billion dollars. There is nothing you can't do with 10 billion.

The question should be more fair like world wide fame and $1 million or no fame and $10 million. With $10 million you can come close to making yourself famous while with $1 million and world wide (good/positive) fame you can endorse products or product lines and make millions off your own image. Then the question just comes down to how much you value your privacy.

For me, I would still have to go with the cash and zero fame. Having privacy is a very valuable thing.

Money can create fame if you want it. No brainer, take the money.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

I think a more realistic question would be 5 million or worldwide fame. 10 billion is a ridiculous amount of money. Anyone with half a brain would take 10 billion and anonymity.
How bout 5 mill with anonymity or 5 mill with fame?

I'd still take the anonymity.

Edit: didn't see the guy above me basically posted the same thing.

Quote: (08-25-2012 01:45 PM)RenewalMan Wrote:  

I think a more realistic question would be 5 million or worldwide fame. 10 billion is a ridiculous amount of money. Anyone with half a brain would take 10 billion and anonymity.
How bout 5 mill with anonymity or 5 mill with fame?

I'd still take the anonymity.

Yeah I'd take the anonymity too.

Fame would suck.

There are a lot of millionaires who are in the 50-100 million range that have full anonymity. If you could take that, that would be awesome. 10 billion is very extreme. 80 million in the bank would suit me just fine thank you.

[attachment=7432]

who is that, el? Is that Ali lollll

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

10 billion man.

The phrase "rich and famous" is so stupid. Fame is not in the same league as money in terms of how much it can improve your life. In many ways it just makes shit harder on you. Rich and obscure is definitely the way to be; total freedom AND total security at the same time. How sweet is that?