rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any experts on spiders here?

Holy fuck, I was just about to call my crimea trip a success until 1 minute ago. I had the lights off and was reading stuff on my cell phone and heard a scratching sound on the wall. I thought it might be water leaking but it persisted... "just great", I thought, "must be cockroaches".

I turned my phone's light on to the wall and saw this huge spider right above my head..it must have been as big as 1/2 my fist and it looked like those creepy facehuggers from the Alien movie (greyish, long bony legs) As soon as the light hit it, it jumped, possibly at me. I got out of bed lightning fast.

Fuck, now I've got to sleep in a room with this thing. Thankfully there is a 2nd bed next to the one I was in. I hope to god this thing is not poisonous.....

perhaps I should have gotten a hotel instead of rented apt....

anyone know about spiders, am I safe?

Why would that spider want to bite a nice lady such as yourself?

Some of the wildlife here freaks me out.

almost got bitten by a wild dog a few days ago, but I didn't find that as scary as this spider.

That is quite terrifying, I agree. If it's any consolation to you, large spiders tend to be hunters or web-spinners more often than venomous (ex: Huntsman spider). I'm sure that does not help with the disgust or fear that it will skitter over you while you're sleeping, but the odds are that you're not in any kind of danger.

Anyways, I'm surprised to hear of that so far north in Crimea. I've never seen a spider larger than 1-2 cm before I went to Australia.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

yeah, I guess the big ones aren't so dangerous.

this place has some poisonous snakes, wild dogs (people get attacked all the time). growing up in a state with nothing but dull cropfields , this place is a lot more exciting.

apparently also some more peaceful animals such as dolphins off the coast

Happened to me as a kid-- big-ass spider like what you describe (long limbs, grey, etc) on the ceiling above my head. I freaked out but my dad who was vacuuming in the next room just rolled in and schlurped it off the ceiling with the vacuum. Not dangerous in the least, but enough to freak you out, particularly as a kid.

Give us a description of the spider.

Also, are you arachnophobic?

Did it look like this?
[Image: CAELm.jpg]