rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Playboy" internet enterpreneur runs over cops foot: sued for $10 million

"Playboy" internet enterpreneur runs over cops foot: sued for million

http://upstart.bizjournals.com/news/wire...-flap.html

"Chabbott got arrested over the weekend in Manhattan and was charged with assault, vehicular assault, disorderly conduct, and obstruction for allegedly getting behind the wheel of his $260,000 Ferrari and running over the foot of a New York City cop."

Fucking retard. I'm not sure what the going rate is for parking tickets in NYC but I hope it was worth it for this entitled punkass.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no staunch supporter of cops. I specifically go out of my way to even interact with them on any level. But to instigate this...this kid's head is way up his ass, out of touch with reality and assumes everyone around him will let him do whatever the fuck he wants simply because he's loaded.

I would have loved to see this cop slam his fist in the kid's face.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Definitely, what a dumb fuck. Turning on the car while the cop is writing a ticket? And moving it too? The dude was surrounded by traffic. What the fuck he think he was gonna do, make a getaway?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Cops are my least favorite people, but that cop gets a +1 from me. What a dipshit. I wish his window was rolled down so the cop could have blasted him in the face instead.

I hope this kid winds up in prison. He certainly deserves it. However, $10 million is a bit frivolous. The cop won't get all of it, but he will certainly get more than he should.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Am I the only one who doesn't agree with posters above?

As you can see, he put his foot close to the tire as he was moving the vehicle.
what kind of idiot puts his foot to stop the car?
you can also see he takes his foot out. so it wasn't ran over.

The kid was just dumb and didn't do it on purpose. I think it was too much to be arrested like that.

In the end, I am sure driving ferrari affected the cop's reaction too.

Quote: (08-23-2012 08:01 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

The kid was just dumb and didn't do it on purpose. I think it was too much to be arrested like that.

He actually put his foot in front of the tire. But at the same time, stupidity seemed to be the order of the day for all parties involved. The cop was stupid for thinking he was going to stop the car by placing his foot in front of the tire. The guy was stupid for thinking he could drive off.

It's hard to say who was dumber. It seems as though we've not only trained cops to believe they're above the law, but we've also trained them to believe they're above common sense. This driver was dumb for thinking he could avoid a ticket by driving away. Fucking idiots, both of them.

So I agree with you, but also think that both parties did their part to escalate the problem.

Quote: (08-23-2012 08:09 PM)porscheguy Wrote:  

He actually put his foot in front of the tire. But at the same time, stupidity seemed to be the order of the day for all parties involved. The cop was stupid for thinking he was going to stop the car by placing his foot in front of the tire. The guy was stupid for thinking he could drive off.

It's hard to say who was dumber. It seems as though we've not only trained cops to believe they're above the law, but we've also trained them to believe they're above common sense. This driver was dumb for thinking he could avoid a ticket by driving away. Fucking idiots, both of them.

So I agree with you, but also think that both parties did their part to escalate the problem.

Let's see... the cops has grounds to sue, and to book the guy for assault. Sure, as an average joe, it'd be dumb to put your foot there. But this is a cop. Putting his foot down raises the stakes for the confrontation, because he knows he can come down on your ass hard, and usually win. Cops operate with this mentality all the time. It's probably a good thing, because it gets the real punks to give themselves away. Don't provoke the cop, don't get into a dick waving contest with him, and it won't affect you.

Sue for $10 million, settle for $500,000. Lawyer gets $200,000 maybe? So $300,000 payday. Take a year off due to "disability." Not a bad deal for the cop.

That guy must have been on something, no?

anyways that guy banged stephanie pratt (the hills) in the video.
props to him

Cops not an idiot, he's a fuckin genius. He knew what he was doing. "Put my foot down and the motherfucker better stop, if he don't, I'M RICH SON!". The cop didn't put enough of his body in front of the car to get hurt. He knew what he was doing. Well played.

Yeah the cops in NYC are corrupt jackasses (not to single them out, there are plenty of cities that are worse.) You just hire off duty cops to work for you and can get away with any number of illegal things. If your black, drunk, or have give them any other reason to beat the shit out of you they will. I would expect to see a lot of them hanging out in hell in the same area as Jerry Sandusky.

The foot move is curious, if it was fake he could end up with a perjury charge besides losing his job.

The Ferrari guy is stupid too. Don't drive a car in the city, especially when you can pay someone else to drive you.

Quote:Quote:

The foot move is curious, if it was fake he could end up with a perjury charge besides losing his job.

Not sure how guys think the cop moving his foot makes him liable - you aren't allowed to leave when an officer is giving you a citation.

The kid turned on his car and started to move it - he's completely fucked in court. There was no reason for him to start his car and get moving.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Screw the BS - let's get to the big picture. I want to know more about how the kid became a big enough deal to be sued for so much for such a minor injury. What's his business model?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

The kid is a complete moron and should deservingly get screwed in court.

I really don't understand people who think being a dick to a cop is going to help their cause. The guy could have gotten away with a parking ticket, instead he's facing a bunch of charges. The worst thing you can do is start arguing with the cop and giving him attitude. I've gotten several speeding and traffic tickets thrown out of court. Part of the reason was because I showed respect to the guy.

Was that intentional or an accident? From what I can see, it's intentional (although not exactly "running over", the term sounds worse than the video looks), so I have no sympathy for this baller. I might have less and less faith into police, but running anyone over (even just a foot) with your car is just vile. Unless they are directly threatening your life, there's no excuse for it.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (08-24-2012 04:06 AM)Samseau Wrote:  

Not sure how guys think the cop moving his foot makes him liable - you aren't allowed to leave when an officer is giving you a citation.

The kid turned on his car and started to move it - he's completely fucked in court. There was no reason for him to start his car and get moving.

As far as I know that's wrong. When you drive away while he is still writing a ticket it becomes invalid. The cop is the dickhead here who wanted to give him a ticket so bad that he tried to stop him from being able to drive away (he would not be legally able to stop him).

Quote: (08-23-2012 09:00 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Cops not an idiot, he's a fuckin genius. He knew what he was doing. "Put my foot down and the motherfucker better stop, if he don't, I'M RICH SON!". The cop didn't put enough of his body in front of the car to get hurt. He knew what he was doing. Well played.

Yep. He saw that Ferrari and did the math. I SERIOUSLY doubt that he would have put his foot in front of the tire had the car been a '94 Ford Taurus.

Quote: (08-24-2012 07:01 AM)joehoya Wrote:  

Quote: (08-23-2012 09:00 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Yep. He saw that Ferrari and did the math. I SERIOUSLY doubt that he would have put his foot in front of the tire had the car been a '94 Ford Taurus.

You're right, he would have shot that guy.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

I would probably let someone break my toes for 10 million dollars.

Speaking of foot injuries, maybe I'm particularly sensitive to them after recently having watched the infamous lawnmower incident in Mad Men...

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (08-24-2012 08:49 AM)Kitsune Wrote:  

I would probably let someone break my toes for 10 million dollars.

Shit man, I would let someone cut off two of my toes for 10 million dollars (especially if it isn't the big toe).

The cop has the right to sue for whatever amount he desires, however, he will not be recovering $10 million, $1 million, or even $500,000. He may very well receive less than $100,000. Liability is clear. The driver of the Ferrari was clearly at fault for running over the cop's foot and definitely owes the cop something. The fact that the cop put his foot in the way of the Ferrari should not bar recovery, because recovery will most likely be under a battery (harmful or offensive contact) theory rather than under a negligence theory. Under a negligence theory, such actions as putting your foot under or in front of the tire of a car could constitute contributory negligency and/or assumption of risk and could prohibit and/or limit the amount of recovery. Negligence theories are irrelevant here because the driver's conduct was definitely intentional.

High jury verdicts are often based on punitive damages. In the Borough of Manhattan, there is a cap on punitive damages. Punitive damages cannot exceed ten times the amount of actual damages. If actual damages are shown to be $10,000, punitive damages cannot exceed $100,000. Actual damages include both economic and non-economic damages. Was the cop's foot even broken? An article which I read stated that the cop's foot was bruised and swollen. I never read that there was any fracture. A bruised and swollen foot may necessitate x-rays and generate some hospital bills. In extreme cases, some physical therapy will be required. No surgery should be required as in the cases of some serious fractures. Even if there was no fracture, he may need some follow-up care with an orthopedist. If there was no fracture, I belive $5,000 in medicals would be a kind estimate. He may only really require some x-rays and maybe a follow-up visit. Lost wages are also actual damages, specifically economic damages. Many New York City police officers earn substantially more than $100,000 per year. This guy is 34. Let's say he has been with the NYPD for ten years and he is earning $110,000. Even if he missed a whole week of work (which he probably didn't) and even if he were not paid for any time he missed from work (which he probably was), lost wages would only be slightly over $2,000. I am seeing a ceiling of $7,000 in economic damages if there was no fracture and I believe that is a kind estimate. Non-economic damages can be somewhat difficult to estimate. Pain and suffering for a bruised and swollen foot could be very low or could be in the high five figures. I seriously doubt a jury would consider pain and suffering for such an injury to be worth six figures. I also seriously doubt that this guy would be able to convince a jury that this injury impacted his life and that he was unable to pursue some interests or other career choices because of it. $50,000 in non-economic damages would be extremely generous, and I really do not see that happening. Even if he were awarded $50,000, that would be a total of $57,000 in actual damages and a total possibility of $570,000 in punitive damages for a grand total of $627,000. I really don't see that happening if the guy's foot wasn't broken. If the cop's attorney refuses to settle for anything below $100,000, I would take my chances at trial. If the guy's foot was broken, that changes most of my analysis, but I don't think his foot was broken.

Does the guy driving the Ferrari really have any money? I have heard him charactarized as a "millionaire." How much is he really worth? $1 million, $500 million? How much? Driving a Ferrari does not make you rich. Some of the brokest people I know drive late model luxary cars. If you don't know broke people who drive luxary cars, you probably haven't spend a great deal of time in Miami. Sam Walton was one of the wealthiest people who ever lived and I understand he drove around in a Ford Truck made in the '80's. I am not saying that the guy driving the Ferrari is broke or that he is not worth millions, but driving a luxury car can mean exactly nothing. Everyone is one bad business decision away from being broke. This guy could transfer all of his assets to someone else, claim to be broke, and file for bankruptcy tomorrow. In that case, good luck recovering anything from him. The cop should settle. He is entitled to something, but definitely nothing over six figures and possibly something only five figures.

Quote: (08-24-2012 02:22 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

Does the guy driving the Ferrari really have any money? I have heard him charactarized as a "millionaire." How much is he really worth? $1 million, $500 million? How much? Driving a Ferrari does not make you rich. Some of the brokest people I know drive late model luxary cars. If you don't know broke people who drive luxary cars, you probably haven't spend a great deal of time in Miami. Sam Walton was one of the wealthiest people who ever lived and I understand he drove around in a Ford Truck made in the '80's. I am not saying that the guy driving the Ferrari is broke or that he is not worth millions, but driving a luxury car can mean exactly nothing. Everyone is one bad business decision away from being broke. This guy could transfer all of his assets to someone else, claim to be broke, and file for bankruptcy tomorrow. In that case, good luck recovering anything from him. The cop should settle. He is entitled to something, but definitely nothing over six figures and possibly something only five figures.

I get what you are trying to say, but late model luxury cars being driven by broke people is one thing, this dude driving a brand new Ferrari 458 Spider is another. He may not be $500 million rich, but he isn't fitting into the same category as broke people driving a 10 year old BMW they got for $7,000. I do get what you were trying to say though, that he might not be extremely wealthy.