rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How would you do this: new city and a pair of tickets

Fellas in a few months, the job has me traveling to another city and as part of the accomodations they are throwing in a pair of NBA basketball tickets. I am allowed to bring in whoever I want. I dont want to bring anyone who works in the same company as I as I think that is a waste and will only as a last resort. I would much rather try to game a chick or two and try to get them to go with me.

The question is:
1. Who would be the target demographic to try and game (hired guns, club chicks, other visitors/tourist)
2. How would you pitch this on such short notice. (I would be arriving Thursday morning, game would be on Friday night)

And just to get a clearer picture.I am flying in from Los Angeles into Miami and am going in COLD meaning I know no one upon arrival but people who work for the same company in that city...

Thanks in advance for any input..Much appreciated...

Whenever you're spitting game and talking to honeys maybe bring up the topic of basketball and if they get all excited and proclaim there love for the Heat or the sport, you can casually drop that you have tickets to the game, and if you're hitting it off with them you can invite them to go to the game with you. I'd probably try to screen out chicks with boyfriends, and be establishing a strong "vibe" before inviting them to go, also you probably want the conversation to flow naturally to the topic, if it feels forced they might get "creeped out".

Is there no way you can use this opportunity to further your career instead of using it on some chick? "Thanks for the game RC Fresh, but now I have to go home byeeee!" Then what?

But from a more optimistic angle, maybe try pipeline and get a girl out for a Friday night date then "surprise" her with tickets. Why don't you invite el mechanico? [Image: biggrin.gif] I think that would be a way better idea than trying to find some girl.

My suggestion....

Go to a sports bar, chat up a chick, talk about the bball game, ask if she is going, then if she says no and you get the vibe she's (A) single and (B) got a lot of friends....tell her your situation and take her with you. Be cool about it even if she's not interested in hooking up, don't be a horndog, and use it as an in to her social circle.

so given what people have said about miami, getting cute girls to join you at a heat basketball game will be tough if you're trying to do it while out at night. chances are pretty good that you have guys dangling lower level/courtside seats in their faces and still not getting any. plus, it seems like there is a lot of apathy toward the heat even though they won the title, especially amongst younger women there.

sure, the idea of going to a sports bar and chatting up a girl is great too and certainly better than not actively seeking anything out. I've gotten a girl to join me at a basketball game once, but I already had hung out with her once before that.

from what i've read about miami, your best bet might actually be day gaming a girl at a mall or something. maybe go to a local sporting goods store that sells miami heat gear well before the game and find the cutest girl and spit your game at her. i think everything menace and ognorcal have said applies as well. make sure you hit it off with her before you mention that you have tickets.

good luck, player.

bring an existing big customer or potential new customer instead.

you'll get a lot more out of it long-term.

there'll be plenty more opportunities for you to bring a check to a bball game in the future, and if you can't consistently go out in your hometown and convince some club sloot to go to some sports event the next day, you're not going to be able to do it in miami.

Menace- Nah man, I wish, going out there to train folks in the company on how we market/sell finanancing for commercial real estate here in Southern California. I mean I can entertain a some commercial real estate brokers, but chances are VERY slim that they will have clients that would be looking to purchase commercial real estate in my region(Los Angeles, Southern California).

HiFlo- I dont have any clients,prospects, or centers of influence out there since its a totally different market.

Thank you all though..I like the idea of hollering then just bringing it up casually and pipelineing...At first my thought was get at a waitress or someone that works at the hotel or maybe even a dancer at a gentlemans club..But I like the idea of just grinding it out in the field and letting it work itself out...

Quote: (08-24-2012 03:04 AM)RC Fresh Wrote:  

Menace- Nah man, I wish, going out there to train folks in the company on how we market/sell finanancing for commercial real estate here in Southern California. I mean I can entertain a some commercial real estate brokers, but chances are VERY slim that they will have clients that would be looking to purchase commercial real estate in my region(Los Angeles, Southern California).

HiFlo- I dont have any clients,prospects, or centers of influence out there since its a totally different market.

Thank you all though..I like the idea of hollering then just bringing it up casually and pipelineing...At first my thought was get at a waitress or someone that works at the hotel or maybe even a dancer at a gentlemans club..But I like the idea of just grinding it out in the field and letting it work itself out...

You could also sell the tickets and use the money to particpiate in an activity that is more social where you can meet someone. Or if you already have found someone you now can pick from a wide range of date options.

A sporting event is a horrible date idea for a guy who hasn't yet banged a girl. It may even be worse than a movie. Sell the tickets on Craigslist and use that money to take her to a dive bar close to your apartment. You'll get a lot farther.

Quote: (08-24-2012 08:00 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

A sporting event is a horrible date idea for a guy who hasn't yet banged a girl. It may even be worse than a movie. Sell the tickets on Craigslist and use that money to take her to a dive bar close to your apartment. You'll get a lot farther.
Same thing I was thinking. I would just bring someone I actually get along with instead of trying to set this up as a date.