rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Blogs to learn more about Russia

In an earlier thread Roosh wrote had the following to say:

Quote: (08-20-2012 04:00 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Russia is a red pill oasis in an androgynous world. It has hyper-feminine women, anarchy style society where super alphas can build harems and empires, and a sink or swim culture that destroys beta males, feminists, and liberals.

With that in mind, I can't help but think the amount of data on the forum regarding Russia is slim. I blame this on the costly visa requirements, which is probably a blessing and a curse. There have been some great data sheets in the past, but wanting more I sought out other blogs.

Here are some interesting blog posts/articles I have been reading about Russia (please post any other good resources you can find):

How I ended up in Russia, part 1 (England-Moscow.com)

I never knew Russian women were hot before I arrived and I wasn’t planning on an international vagina-extravaganza or anything – that was just a bonus!

[Image: nb0nX.jpg]
and what a bonus it was
At this point, I really was dreading going back to the UK, I was actually having nightmares about it. I had almost no money left and no clue what I was going to be doing. I hated the thought of this amazing experience ending and me ending up in some boring office job, telling ‘back when I was in Russia stories’ to a bunch of people who couldn’t give two fucks.

Sadly, for almost a year at least, that was exactly what happened.

How I ended up in Russia, part 2 (England-Moscow.com)
Nobody was particularly interested in my cool travel stories and after about a month, I began to feel like my brain was going dead. I became paranoid that I was forgetting the Russian I knew and tried anything to keep it up - most lunch breaks I’d go sit in my car, put on a Russian music CD and read and write down new words. I remember I was having a crack at Master and Margareta at the time and not really having a clue what was going on.
Now, I wasn’t a boarder-line autistic recluse or anything, I hung out with the guys and they were ok, I just hated the idea of becoming a brain-dead vegtable.

5 ways Russia will transform you into a gentleman(England-Moscow.com)
This was the first rule I had beaten into me and it's a simple one that a lot of would-be Gentle-Muzhik's neglect. One of your primal functions, other than surviving and replicating, is to open doors for women and let them go through the door first. Don't miss out on this second point - if you open the door and go through before the women, you'll trigger a vagina lock-down.
Did you ever see Donnald Draper bitch about picking up a cheque?
[Image: rRZ3o.jpg]
Of course, you should use your common sense here: if you're on a date with some girl you hardly know and she asks you to buy her a phone, or orders 300 dollars worth of Sushi, you have a gold digger on your hands.
Being black in Moscow
Over all Russia has been good to me, Moscow more specifically. I’ve been here for over two years and have had my share of odd situations. To be black in Russia I guess is no different then being a midget in the sense that you stand out somewhat.
Russian Women(England-Moscow.com)
General rules of engagement
As dumb as it might seem, there are some pretty general things you can say about Russian women as a whole. The first and most obvious point to mention is that things in Russia are more on the traditional side which means, generally, you will be expected to pay for everything, open doors and generally play the part of a gentleman. There are some girls that insist on paying for themselves, I personally have come across two in four years so they are still few and far between.

50 facts about Russians (mission to moscow)
1: Russians distrust anything cheap.
2: The English word "bargain" can not be adequately translated into Russian.
3: Although Russians distrust anything with a cheap price, they are fine with freebies.
4: A Russian who reaches high levels of power feels it his his/her duty to put down those who don't.
5: In Russia you need to call the lazy waitresses over by aggressively yelling "Girl!"

Hot Russian Women
With so much interest, both positive and negative, concerning my blog and Russian women, I've decided to finally post what I've been seeing for the past couple of years, mainly, seriously hot, sexy, beautiful women (take that feminists and academics! Welcome to a man's blog!).
Greed is Good (Excerpt from HOW TO SURVIVE LIVING ABROAD)(English Teacher X)
Now – here’s the thing – you should be GLAD that women in other countries are greedy. I mean really, what OTHER reason would there be for some girl from the village in the middle of Kazakhstan to marry you? Because you’re so fucking awesome?

So let’s face facts – if a foreign girl wants to marry you, it is almost surely because she figures you for being a better economic bet than the guys around her.

The feminine mystique(English Teacher X)

So there's a lot of talk on the internet castigating American and European women for being masculine, and praising women in other countries for remaining true to their femininity.

But there's never much discussion of what feminine actually MEANS.

Basically, on all these pick-up artist and wife-hunting forums, feminine is just kind of a synonym for "hot" with sort of the added idea of "not very mouthy.

This one is just too good:

Feminism and the Expat Wife…(TheMoscowTimes.com, 24 June 2011)

In an effort to help out this ignorant foreigner, Lyudmila tried to give me some handy hints to use when trying to remember which gender these irregular nouns should be (when not being massacred by a clueless Brit):

Lyudmila: "So, bed and door are feminine. Even though their endings look like they could be masculine."

Me: "OK…."

Lyudmila: "The way I illustrate it is like this. The woman makes the bed — so it's feminine."

Me: "Right." (I let this pass — much as I would like to disagree, in our house it is me who makes the bed 90 percent of the time).

Lyudmila: "And, the woman opens the door to her husband when he gets home from work, so that's feminine too."

I look at her blankly. She looks back at me – equally blankly. Finally:

Me: "Ummm…?"

Lyudmila: "You don't open the door to your husband?"

Me: "Well, in England, traditionally men are supposed to hold open doors for women, so…"

Lyudmila: "Yes, yes I know. But at the end of the day when your husband comes home. You don't open the door up for him?"

Me: "Are you crazy? He can open it himself!"

Lyudmila looks at me. I look at her. And based on that she now thinks that I am a militant feminist. Whenever we discuss doors and beds in our Russian lessons, she raises her hand and makes a fist in a sort of Che Guevara type salute.

Note: I do think of myself of a feminist. But surely expecting my husband to open the front door himself at the end of the day can't be classified as militant? Unless, of course, you happen to live in Russia?

[Image: 2xgcZ.jpg]

Well, it looks like the Mission to Moscow guy certainly isn't red pill. Actually, most of you guys will cringe reading this, but apparently even he can't stop his Russian girl (currently wife) from cooking and cleaning:

Girls Of The World (Mission to Moscow)

The image of the western woman (by this I mean American women and their Australian, British, Canadian, Irish, etc sisters), portrayed not only in some popular media but also amongst the opinions of much of the rest of the world, is of blood-sucking she-devils with overly ambitious expectations of their spouses, who would rather eat their own children than let a career advancement opportunity pass them by.

Here are some quotes I have been able to dig up from various sources:

"...most women in Western countries have that cold, bitchy, superficial, stuck up attitude. A lot of Western women hold themselves as the pure center of the relationship. If the men don't fit a rigid and unrealistic criteria or she doesn't feel the man can take care of her enough (even if she has a higher paying job) then she will drop him like a hot potato, regardless of his character or commitment to the relationship." - http://www.nomarriage.com

"American women are:
high maintenance
overweight and don't care about their natural feminine beauty
likely to cheat and then blame it on their partner
bitchy
nag constantly
hate men
believe family is evil and care only for themselves
can't cook
sleep with lots of guys but are incapable of loving just one" - Atlanta Journal article "Why Men Marry Foreign Women", 2008
That's just a small sampling of the popular belief amongst American men and the rest of the world concerning western women. I say it's all crap.

I have dated a fair number of women in my life, all of them Western save for my current Russian angel, Katerina, and I can say from a position of experience that the image of American (ie: Western) women is incorrect.

I'll start my argument by giving some credit to what makes foreign women different from western women.

Katerina is Russian. She is beautiful and funny and caring and she looks up at me with incredibly soft, sparkling eyes in such a way that I am unable to refuse her most ridiculous command. Okay, well, I am able to refuse but I'm trying to illustrate a point. Katerina also has a strange habit of walking into my room and attacking the pile of clothes I have neatly crumpled into a pile on the floor (as a result of performing a super-fast-tidying-up moments before she comes over). She folds them all neatly, makes my bed and then says, in her sexy Russian accent, "Let's go to the store and pick up some food. I want to cook dinner."

I have insisted that she leave the clothes alone, that she doesn't make the bed because we'll just unmake it anyways, and that ordering pizza would save her a lot of work, but it is an uphill battle. I've tried helping her in the past but she just waves me away. Once, I told her that it made me uncomfortable when she was cleaning my mess and cooking me dinner, and she got insulted. "What, you want me to be a man?!?" She said, her eyes narrowing and her voice rising. "I'm a woman! A beautiful, strong and fantastic woman!"

"Okay, okay. I didn't mean to insult you." I replied, backing up against the wall (I found out later that she's half-cossack, so I'm glad there were no horses or swords laying about my room).

Ha! This video has to be the most ironic of them all. A Russian academy teaching women how to game men. Watching the reporter try open men in a mall was hilarious.

From Russia Today:

Quote: (08-20-2012 08:09 PM)durangotang Wrote:  

Ha! This video has to be the most ironic of them all. A Russian academy teaching women how to game men. Watching the reporter try open men in a mall was hilarious.

From Russia Today:

lol the reporter was cute enough, not one of them made a play, crazy. They either have 0 game or have so much selection that they toss the little fish back.

I liked the I wore a shirt around saying looking for a husband and got a notebook of phone numbers...should try a similar shirt for guys minus the looking for a wife part, see how many numbers a guy can rack up, we're the desired commodity. I can't remember who posted a shirt to pick up I think it was for colombian girls with a passport stapled to it, I wanna see a version for Russia lol

"With that in mind, I can't help but think the amount of data on the forum regarding Russia is slim. I blame this on the costly visa requirements, which is probably a blessing and a curse. There have been some great data sheets in the past, but wanting more I sought out other blogs."

I think that is the great unanswered question on this forum,why so few of us have gone there? I tried to get an answer by posting the 'Slavic Holy Trinity' thread a while back but it remains unanswered. It's as though we can't see the wood for the trees. We are looking for a land full of hot women,Russia has more then anywhere else. We are looking for places without foreign competition,Russia has thousands of towns where you will be the only foreigner. We are looking for a land where we will be better off then the average local dude,Russia offers that. We want a cheap place,if you get out of Moscow or Peter and are wise then Russia offers that. We want no visa hassles,Russia has a simple enough visa set up that does not cost the earth. We want a land where the women are up for meeting foreigners and are fun to hang out with, Russia has that in abundance. The other great thing about Russia is that you don't need game in the conventional sense,you just need to have your shit together.

So why is everyone asking how some second tier Romanian city is or third tier Moldovan shit hole somehow hoping to find some untapped pussy paradise when all the while the biggest paradise is staring us in the eyes,it's that big chunk of land that stretches from the Baltic to the Pacific. That place is Russia.

Preach it, Vorkuta!

Quote: (08-21-2012 07:13 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

"With that in mind, I can't help but think the amount of data on the forum regarding Russia is slim. I blame this on the costly visa requirements, which is probably a blessing and a curse. There have been some great data sheets in the past, but wanting more I sought out other blogs."

I think that is the great unanswered question on this forum,why so few of us have gone there? I tried to get an answer by posting the 'Slavic Holy Trinity' thread a while back but it remains unanswered. It's as though we can't see the wood for the trees. We are looking for a land full of hot women,Russia has more then anywhere else. We are looking for places without foreign competition,Russia has thousands of towns where you will be the only foreigner. We are looking for a land where we will be better off then the average local dude,Russia offers that. We want a cheap place,if you get out of Moscow or Peter and are wise then Russia offers that. We want no visa hassles,Russia has a simple enough visa set up that does not cost the earth. We want a land where the women are up for meeting foreigners and are fun to hang out with, Russia has that in abundance. The other great thing about Russia is that you don't need game in the conventional sense,you just need to have your shit together.

So why is everyone asking how some second tier Romanian city is or third tier Moldovan shit hole somehow hoping to find some untapped pussy paradise when all the while the biggest paradise is staring us in the eyes,it's that big chunk of land that stretches from the Baltic to the Pacific. That place is Russia.

Russian women are the greatest distortion field artists but illusion and slavic soul are enough to make them irresistible.

speaking for just myself, seems like for a while every thread that popped up about Russia came along with a if you look like a non Russian you're likely to face some sort of hostility...varying from minor to possibly excessive...it well be a safe zone for you guys who can fit right in but for anybody rocking color it seems like a hot spot with a few mines thrown in, fine if you miss them but hit one and you're fucked. I don't know if I'm being overly afraid seeing as the media loves to play up shit like this but seeing it on this board a few times made it feel a little more real so I started leaning towards EE areas that seemed safer.

Quote: (08-21-2012 03:05 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

speaking for just myself, seems like for a while every thread that popped up about Russia came along with a if you look like a non Russian you're likely to face some sort of hostility...varying from minor to possibly excessive...it well be a safe zone for you guys who can fit right in but for anybody rocking color it seems like a hot spot with a few mines thrown in, fine if you miss them but hit one and you're fucked. I don't know if I'm being overly afraid seeing as the media loves to play up shit like this but seeing it on this board a few times made it feel a little more real.

I have never been, so I can't comment. As a white guy there are many parts of cities I don't want to go and walk around at night in The U.S. I am sure that Moscow and Piter are the same for a black guy (or maybe anybody). I suppose it would be safer in those two cities for a black person as they are more cosmopolitan. Just like you don't want to end up in a small town corrupt Hillbilly-ville where they "hate niggers," I imagine that there are probably some pretty backwards Russian villages. Who knows.

Here is an an interview of a black man in Moscow that I posted earlier (don't know if you caught it):

Being black in Moscow

He ended the interview with "Personally, I love it."

Here is a great post I just read. The guy Scott Elliott, is a 26 year old American who took the red pill, married a Russian and moved to Russia. He sounds like he is pretty level headed in the interview. I dare say reading his interview that he has soured on the concept of marriage.

Well worth a read. An American feminist comments on his interview too, in which he blasts feminism out of the water.

Scott Elliott: Russian Girls vs American Girls (EnglishInRussia.ru)

Choice experts (you are cheating yourself if you don't read the whole thing):

I know you’re married to a Russian woman. What’s that like? What are the pluses and minuses?

Yes, I’m married to a Russian woman. In a word, it’s “interesting”. It depends on which day you ask me as to whether or not that is a “good” or “bad” interesting. The other part of Russian women that I didn’t know about until being around them is that they can be very stubborn, emotional, and aggressive. However, what I was looking for in a woman outweighs the minuses of the relationship most of the time.

When I was waking from my slumber of ignorance in America, it dawned on me that I was largely unhappy due to the fact that women had ceased to be women in America. They were now walking vagina-traps that stole your money and were taught to call the police on you at a moment’s notice. Who wants to be with an American woman when they can just divorce you for no reason, get your house, car, money, custody of the kids and leave you with nothing even if you didn’t do anything wrong? It was then that I started to look into other cultures to find this long-lost idea of a “woman”.

My woman couldn’t possibly be any more of a woman than she is now. Excellent cook, homely, refuses any help I offer around the house, and is very diligent with the housework. She keeps her body healthy, doesn’t smoke, drinks very rarely and only had one relationship prior to me. She is very caring with my son, the list goes on. The downsides have to be her amazing stubbornness and aggressiveness when something hasn’t gone according to her “plan”. She’s a constant planner and has to plan everything down to the detail of the day. In fact, one of the first things I hear in the morning after she’s yelling at me to wake up («СКОТТ, ВСТАВАЙ! ТЫ ОПАЗДЫВАЕШЬ!») is: “So, Scott, here is my plan today.” Should anything come in the way of her plan, the day is utterly ruined and woe to the people that suffer her wrath.

Do you think traditional sex roles are changing in modern Russia? Is this good or bad?

No, I don’t perceive the roles to be changing, per say. As in, I don’t see women in the military or in the firehouse, and I don’t see women trying to say that they can do physical jobs and traditional male jobs just as well or better than men. (In fact, it’s quite polite to offer assistance to a woman struggling with a heavy bag, etc.) I just perceive changes in how society works as a whole. Women are no longer having children, but are chasing a career. They get into their 30s, realize they want some kids, so they date some guys, find the best of the group and get pregnant from him and then raise the kid themselves with their Mom. Men are either too busy trying to get elite status on Call of Duty or are too busy dressing in pink and tight clothes at the nearest disco club trying to get laid. This is equally as troubling and just as destructive to the traditional family, however. I’ve noticed a very American attitude amongst young people here, and it’s very troubling for me.

------------------

This is in Omsk, Russia, where he lives. I can't imagine it that way there and not in larger cities. It sounds like so much of the good we have been reading about Russia may be beginning to change. If the younger generation of girls wants to be career women, are they going to be diligent in learning to be a woman who cooks, cleans, and can raise children? If their heart is not in it, then I don't think so. Are they going to jump on the cock carousel for the entire twenties?

Dammit. Fucking globalization is ruining the world.

I need to get to Russia soon.

Quote: (08-21-2012 03:05 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

speaking for just myself, seems like for a while every thread that popped up about Russia came along with a if you look like a non Russian you're likely to face some sort of hostility...varying from minor to possibly excessive...it well be a safe zone for you guys who can fit right in but for anybody rocking color it seems like a hot spot with a few mines thrown in, fine if you miss them but hit one and you're fucked. I don't know if I'm being overly afraid seeing as the media loves to play up shit like this but seeing it on this board a few times made it feel a little more real so I started leaning towards EE areas that seemed safer.
I remember Luckystar saying you'll be fine if you're smart and keep your eyes open like you should always do.

2 other interesting sites about Russia:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8918.html

Fascinating video Houston. Don't think I'll be adding 'must try Krokodil' to my bucket list.

Quote: (09-04-2012 03:39 AM)houston Wrote:  

2 other interesting sites about Russia:
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8918.html

Haha. I was planning my world travels when a friend sent me this. The drugs, the poverty, the panoramic views of the slums, they scared the hell out of me.

Hopefully some of the blogs will move Russia further up the list for me.

Quote: (08-20-2012 08:49 PM)mikeymike Wrote:  

Quote: (08-20-2012 08:09 PM)durangotang Wrote:  

From Russia Today:

lol the reporter was cute enough, not one of them made a play, crazy. They either have 0 game or have so much selection that they toss the little fish back.

I liked the I wore a shirt around saying looking for a husband and got a notebook of phone numbers...should try a similar shirt for guys minus the looking for a wife part, see how many numbers a guy can rack up, we're the desired commodity. I can't remember who posted a shirt to pick up I think it was for colombian girls with a passport stapled to it, I wanna see a version for Russia lol
If we were doing a marriage/gaming school for women, we probably would bone every girl that come to us for advice.

Russia is an absolute shit hole, aside from the hot women, I don't know why anyone would want to visit there, the people are straight up rude, nationalistic, arrogant, xenophobic, the weather sucks, the food sucks, the cities are ugly as hell... The list goes on, not to mention it's very much a lawless and violent place, especially true if you're a minority. It wouldn't be worth it to go to pick up women, if you ended up getting your face stomped by a group of neo-nazi skinhead fucks. Shit all the Russians I've met in the U.S., once you get past their engrained nationalistic pride, will admit that their country is a shit hole.

Quote: (09-04-2012 12:16 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Russia is an absolute shit hole, aside from the hot women, I don't know why anyone would want to visit there, the people are straight up rude, nationalistic, arrogant, xenophobic, the weather sucks, the food sucks, the cities are ugly as hell... The list goes on, not to mention it's very much a lawless and violent place, especially true if you're a minority. It wouldn't be worth it to go to pick up women, if you ended up getting your face stomped by a group of neo-nazi skinhead fucks. Shit all the Russians I've met in the U.S., once you get past their engrained nationalistic pride, will admit that their country is a shit hole.

Let's address your points:
1) shit hole - in places yeah but no need to visit those places. Detroit is a shit hole but I wouldn't visit Detroit if I went to the States. St.Peter is not a shit hole,nor Moscow,nor......
2) People are rude - Yeah shop workers can be rude compared to in the West but the average Russian in the street or a club? No,not in my experience. I've not had ny more rudeness there then home in the UK.
3) Nationalistic - They are proud to be Russian yes but I've not come across any nationalism per se.
4) Arrogant - The rich can be yes but that's in any country. Average Russisn arrogant? Not in my experience. Mostly humble dudes just trying to get on in life and making the best of things.
5) Xenephobic - Yeah a bit of this in places but not really amongst the types of people I tend to meet. I tend not to hang out with extremists and half wits,but that goes for whichever country I'm in.
6) Weather Sucks- Misconception. Hot summers. Winters are freezing but because
they are dry and usually not windy with clear blue skies they don't feel too horrendous and if you want mild weather in the winter head to Sochi.
7) Food Sucks - Yeah not the best it has to be said. I don't mind it,in fact I often enjoy it but Russian cuisine is not the best thing about the country.
8) Cities ugly as hell - St. Petersbourg.
9) Lawless and Violent - Down in the Caucuses yeah,mad shit going on down there. Rest of the country? Can honestly say I've not once been threatened or
attacked or felt unsafe. I feel less safe in the UK on a night out then I do in Russia. Is there violence going on? Yeah,no doubt but unless you're looking for it,a tourist is unlikely to see it.

Russia is not for everyone and it certainly is not paradise but nor is it as bad as some people who have not been presume it to be.

Edit: If you want to chase Russian chicks but Russia seems a bit too raw and edgy,go to Belarus where life is a lot more tame and also somewhat cheaper.

An irreverent A-Z of Russia from the Vice web site:
http://www.vice.com/read/the-vice-v13n4

Yoshkar-Ola sounds like a fun town!