rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

In soles. Do you use them and where do you get them?

I started this thread about boots - Need help finding these boots. Right now, I pretty much own the most excruciatingly painful pair of boots, a 200 dollar boot from Steve Madden that I got for 23 dollars. They're really cool looking, and I don't see any other way around wearing them other than getting a pair of in soles. Does any one know a good brand of in soles? And where to get them?

I remember seeing a commercial where someone stands on a platform that looks like a weighing machine and there's a line of doctors holding clip boards behind him examining what in soles he needs. Any one know where I could find that machine? I think I overpronate inwards and need a specific type of in sole to support that.

Thanks guys!

[Image: insole.jpg]

You can find them at Dollar General sometimes they have them at Dollar Tree. I'd check both just to make sure.

I've used Dr. Scholls and they work really good on uncomfortable shoes. I have no idea about all the different brands/types though. I just grabbed the most basic looking ones from Wal Mart.

The machine you speak of can be found in most super walmarts. It measures where most of the pressure is on each foot and recommends a semi custom insole that is right for your foot. For instance, my feet are flat as pancakes so I need the largest built in arch support that they have or I won't have ankles by the time I'm middle aged.

If you only care about comfort than I recommend dr shoels gel insoles. The inserts the machine says you need will cost you $60 or more. But that's because they are orthopedic and alot cheaper than going to a podiatrist.

[Image: thumb.gif]

Try sof sole. You can get them at sporting good stores or on ebay for a little less than the $20-30 range. I like them because for me, they not only increase comfort, but they significantly extend the life of the shoe.

did cavemans use insoles?

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote: (08-18-2012 04:59 AM)void Wrote:  

No, but they probably didn't have what we would consider shoes either. One of the benefits of living in an advanced society is that we're able to buy shit that makes our lives better.

I'll second Dr. Scholls insoles. Currently, I have Arch Support Insoles in all of my shoes and have tried others in the line as well. Maybe they aren't the absolute best insoles money can buy, but they're available everywhere, relatively cheap and work perfect for me. Not sure why they're advertising them with a gay cowboy, though.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Quote: (08-18-2012 05:13 AM)Capitán Peligroso Wrote:  

No, but they probably didn't have what we would consider shoes either. One of the benefits of living in an advanced society is that we're able to buy shit that makes our lives better.
so, our feet developed for barefoot walking and everything else messes with them. thus shoes which are very stiff and narrow makes the muscles in our feet deteriorate. i dont say shoes arent useful, but there is always more then one perspective to things

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

If you don't mind spending some money up front go to a podiatrist and they can make a plaster casting of your feet and design custom orthotics specific to your feet.

They are way better than store bought generics and they last years before you have to resurface them (which isn't that expensive, think it was $20 last time)

Nope.

Did they live to be 80 to 90 years old?

I did an experiment and put my Dr. Scholls in my Adidas tennis shoes this morning. I wore my shoes for about 7 hours, took them off at home and my feet don't feel nearly as bad as they usually do without them. It's crazy. I'm going keep them in my sock drawer and just put them in every pair of shoes I wear from now on. I don't even see mine on their website but they were the cheapest ones when I got them.

Does anyone the difference between all those Dr. Scholls products or do you have to use the machine to figure out the best for your foot shape?

I went out to a sports running/ whatever store with the mindset of buying a set of "Super Feet" but ended up getting these:

[Image: 3D_RX_Arch_Cushions.jpg]

They look like this, and I put them underneath my paper thin shoe sole:

[Image: 1803619-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg]

THEY ARE MIRACULOUS!

Because my shoes were so painful, I would have to skip the 30 minute walk from the train station to my house and take the bus. With these, they were cake! I'm using the same boot, the brown one, just to be clear. It's the same boot that twisted my ankle and had me stay home from work for two days.

A few years back, I use to have a pair of Keens. Keens looked meh but they provided that walking support (walking support kind of sucked, but it was still better than most.) I think about all the times when I thought it would be best to sacrifice appearance for comfort. I would go to places like Clarks or Walking Company just to get mediocre looking shoes that had special comfort that was kind of lame to be honest.

Now, I think I'm just going to invest in two pairs of really cool looking boots and find the right in soles for them. If you've noticed the boot thread I posted, it seems like every boot has some sort of flaw in the comfort department. In soles would just cross out that problem.

The in soles I bought were a WHOPPING 16 bucks! If I bought them online, they would've been 9 dollars. I couldn't wait that long though, pain and injury aren't exactly something worth saving 7 bucks for. From what the merchant and the reviews on Amazon said, these in soles last around a year. . . or TWO! The Superfeet were 34 dollars. But the problem was that the heel part of the in sole was too small and would move out of place in the back of my shoe, and the front part was too thick, pushing my outer toes up against the ceiling of my shoe.

Anywho, get in soles guys. I literally ran, jogged, sprinted, jumped up stairs, triple jumped, and pounced around for about 30 minutes before deciding that these insoles were orgasmic.