rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Possible Breakthrough For The Male Birth Control Pill

Scientists have recently made a breakthrough that could yield an effective birth control pill for men. This method is also distinct from RISUG which has been discussed here. I haven't read the paper yet nor do I have much expertise in the subject, but the journal that published it, Cell, is very well regarded. Will definitely read up on this most welcome of discoveries.

Maybe our resident infectious diseases expert Herr Roosh can explain it. [Image: wink.gif]

The Smithsonian: blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science/2012/08/scientists-make-progress-towards-a-male-contraceptive-pill/

The Atlantic: m.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/08/a-major-advance-toward-a-birth-control-pill-for-men/261217/

Abstract: A pharmacologic approach to male contraception remains a longstanding challenge in medicine. Toward this objective, we explored the spermatogenic effects of a selective small-molecule inhibitor (JQ1) of the bromodomain and extraterminal (BET) subfamily of epigenetic reader proteins. Here, we report potent inhibition of the testis-specific member BRDT, which is essential for chromatin remodeling during spermatogenesis. Biochemical and crystallographic studies confirm that occupancy of the lysine binding pocket by JQ1 prevents recognition of acetylated histone H4. Treatment of mice with JQ1 reduced seminiferous tubule area, testis size, and spermatozoa number and motility without affecting hormone levels. Although JQ1-treated males mate normally, inhibitory effects of JQ1 evident at the spermatocyte and round spermatid stages cause a complete and reversible contraceptive effect. These data establish a new contraceptive that can cross the blood:testis boundary and inhibit bromodomain activity during spermatogenesis, providing a lead compound targeting the male germ cell for contraception.

http://www.cell.com/abstract/S0092-8674(12)00929-4

Here is a link to the forum thread on RISUG: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-6904.html

I am keeping my eye out for it. Im freezing my sperm and taking it with or without FDA approval; Even if i become sterile Ive got my splooge on ice. Hell I even see big business for it. One guy shipping it from India to countries that dont have FDA approval. Cuz Im definitely not undergoing the big snip, too many PVPS horror stories for me.

With feminists and white knights playing captain of western countries, don't be surprised if the male birth control never hits the market here. Feminists are against the male birth control pill precisely because it removes choice from women and gives it to men, regarding reproduction.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Quote: (10-01-2012 08:32 PM)MSW2007 Wrote:  

With feminists and white knights playing captain of western countries, don't be surprised if the male birth control never hits the market here. Feminists are against the male birth control pill precisely because it removes choice from women and gives it to men, regarding reproduction.

[Image: ali2.jpg.jpg]

Doubtful. Some feminists like the idea of men sharing responsibility.

Eg, see this: "Contraception is no stroll in the park and men should share the stress"

The author:

[Image: RayFilarHeadshot.jpg]

"Ray Filar is a feminist writer and activist. You can find her blog, Political Correctness Gone Mad, here. You could also follow her twitter on @rayfilar, if you like angry feminism interspersed with updates on the entirely banal"

I'm a little surprised something like the Gates Foundation hasn't gotten behind male birth control yet, so as to say, 'empower' African women with lower birth rates. They're probably still worried about accusations of eugenics I guess. They only recently started supporting birth control again - http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2...ol08m.html

This is what comes to mind when I think of male contraception:

Assuming it doesn't have horrible side effects and actually works, it will only benefit the world and I don't know who could argue differently.

I was under the impression that they now have a fairly easily reversible vasectomy procedure where they clamp your tubes instead of severing them.
Personally, I'd rather just deal with getting a small one-time incision on my sack that heals in a couple weeks time than deal with the potential side effects -which often don't come to light until decades after a new drug hits the market- from birth control drugs... I guess I can understand why the sentiment wouldn't be shared, though.

If this hits the market, RIP human race [Image: lol.gif]

If you're not growing, you're dying.

You guys may want to check out Neem. It doesn't look like there will be further studies with it, but it has been used traditionally for men and women.

http://www.sisterzeus.com/neem.html

Quote: (10-02-2012 05:27 AM)Prophylaxis Wrote:  

If this hits the market, RIP to certain segments of the human race [Image: lol.gif]

Took the liberty of fixing that real quick.

All this will do is further separate procreation from copulation. Those more inclined to maintain this separation are going to become increasingly few in number in coming generations because they simply won't replace themselves.

Those who, for whatever reason (dogged religious adherence, genetic predisposition, wealth, pro-natalist culture, etc) shun these new developments and keep producing will see their share of the world's populace increase even more dramatically than it already is. These more pro-natalist conservatives will rapidly come to dominate the demographic picture in societies where birth control dampens the fertility of the majority of the populace. Once they take control (and it will happen quickly), they will work to roll back all the progress they do not like and they'll succeed, because they'll (mostly) be the only ones left standing.

Bottomline: A further drop in fertility will be temporary, and will swing right back as the holdouts who keep breeding gain more demographic weight. They will play the role of the hardy strain of bacteria/mosquito that survives the mass extinction brought about by new drugs/chemicals it is resistant to, and then comes to dominate the population and render that drug/chemical useless in the future.

Humans are going to grapple with the same dynamic in their own way, and it won't be a pretty fight.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Sorry to rain on the parade here but it looks like this compound has only been tested in mice. It still needs to go through clinical trials and the entire FDA approval process. Even assuming that everything goes well and it's eventually proven to be safe and effective (which is not the most likely scenario--most drug candidates fail in clinical trials), I wouldn't expect this to be available for at least another 5-10 years. Still an exciting development, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

maybe im just cynical but i doubt governments would go for this. since men are the main financiers of children and may times their baby mamas or wifes lifestyle which helps fuel the economy they need to be keep socially in check. if men suddenly had the reproductive ability to take a pill and avoid being fertile this would change the entire dynamic of mens role in paying for shit. in this new world men could safely avoid children something most men are indifferent to having btw and never get trapped into the child support marriage bullshit. how many guys do you know who married a women they knocked up? from there these guys quickly become slaves to financing mortgages on large homes, buying multiple cars, and keeping up with their joneses in suburbia. all this is great for the economy as it maximixes the productivity of men as they are bound to working harder to support new responsibilities and also the women and children they are by extension financing are able to spend this guys money on shit which helps the countries GDP.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Quote: (10-03-2012 01:15 AM)bacon Wrote:  

maybe im just cynical but i doubt governments would go for this. since men are the main financiers of children and may times their baby mamas or wifes lifestyle which helps fuel the economy they need to be keep socially in check. if men suddenly had the reproductive ability to take a pill and avoid being fertile this would change the entire dynamic of mens role in paying for shit. in this new world men could safely avoid children something most men are indifferent to having btw and never get trapped into the child support marriage bullshit. how many guys do you know who married a women they knocked up? from there these guys quickly become slaves to financing mortgages on large homes, buying multiple cars, and keeping up with their joneses in suburbia. all this is great for the economy as it maximixes the productivity of men as they are bound to working harder to support new responsibilities and also the women and children they are by extension financing are able to spend this guys money on shit which helps the countries GDP.

Bacon do you have some stats on how many men get hit with childsupport/marriage because of unwanted pregnancy?

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Quote: (10-02-2012 02:07 PM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

If this hits the market, RIP to certain segments of the human race [Image: lol.gif]

All this will do is further separate procreation from copulation. Those more inclined to maintain this separation are going to become increasingly few in number in coming generations because they simply won't replace themselves.

Those who, for whatever reason (dogged religious adherence, genetic predisposition, wealth, pro-natalist culture, etc) shun these new developments and keep producing will see their share of the world's populace increase even more dramatically than it already is. These more pro-natalist conservatives will rapidly come to dominate the demographic picture in societies where birth control dampens the fertility of the majority of the populace. Once they take control (and it will happen quickly), they will work to roll back all the progress they do not like and they'll succeed, because they'll (mostly) be the only ones left standing.

I'm starting to think that SWPLs, while remaining liberal, will become more 'natalist.' They seem to be doing that already, though the kids don't usually come until the woman is in her 30s. We may already be seeing it. Are the careerist harpies and listless players being bred out of the gene pool? Shall the hipster freaks inherit the Earth? Male birth control would likely reduce the bastard birth rate, if only because both parties could 'hit the brakes,' so to speak, on conception.

SWPLs are also hard at work in staying in the cities while also putting their kids in non-ghetto schools, something that had previously proved elusive and forced parents into settling into suburbs.

Quote: (10-03-2012 02:39 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

Quote: (10-02-2012 02:07 PM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

I'm starting to think that SWPLs, while remaining liberal, will become more
'natalist.' They seem to be doing that already, though the kids don't usually come until the woman is in her 30s. We may already be seeing it. Are the careerist harpies and listless players being bred out of the gene pool? Shall the hipster freaks inherit the Earth? SWPLs are also hard at work in staying in the cities while also putting their kids in non-ghetto schools, something that had previously proved elusive and forced parents into settling into suburbs.

The SWPL crowd will still be outbred by the Evangelicals and non-whites.

The average human pigmentation is about to get a hell of a lot darker, male birth control (assuming it'll be more common in the West) will accelerate that. Eastern Europe and Japan are already shrinking. China will be soon too.

Remember that the majority of American births are non-white when you wonder how America is doing so well, otherwise it would be also be red.

[Image: worldfer.gif]

[Image: 33ojl1j.jpg]

Quote: (10-03-2012 02:23 AM)storm Wrote:  

Quote: (10-03-2012 01:15 AM)bacon Wrote:  

Bacon do you have some stats on how many men get hit with childsupport/marriage because of unwanted pregnancy?

no but i have anecdotal evidence and life experience. i have seen several friends and acquaintances fall for the family bullshit and they are miserable. i got a vasectomy to avoid this shit many men face
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-15802....=vasectomy

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Quote: (10-03-2012 02:48 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

I'm starting to think that SWPLs, while remaining liberal, will become more
'natalist.' They seem to be doing that already, though the kids don't usually come until the woman is in her 30s. We may already be seeing it. Are the careerist harpies and listless players being bred out of the gene pool? Shall the hipster freaks inherit the Earth? SWPLs are also hard at work in staying in the cities while also putting their kids in non-ghetto schools, something that had previously proved elusive and forced parents into settling into suburbs.

The SWPL crowd will still be outbred by the Evangelicals and non-whites.

The average human pigmentation is about to get a hell of a lot darker, male birth control (assuming it'll be more common in the West) will accelerate that. Eastern Europe and Japan are already shrinking. China will be soon too.

Remember that the majority of American births are non-white when you wonder how America is doing so well, otherwise it would be also be red.

[/quote]

What you say is still the best bet, or most likely.

But I see a few big factors:

The male pill's and the incidence of bastardy: It's tough to tell what effects male birth control will have on offspring demographics. What we do know is that ~70% of black, ~50% of Hispanic, and ~30% of white babies nowadays are bastards. Will these numbers go down when the men impregnating these women can take the pill? Will the married men get on the pill and reduce their birth rate, raising the proportion of babies born to unmarried mothers? With the availability of the male pill, will society become more comfortable telling men to be responsible and stop impregnating women? Currently, we don't have the balls to tell women that having a kid out of marriage is not the best idea, we valorize single mothers. Hard to tell what the overall effect will be.

Immigration: All or almost all of the US' population growth in recent times is due to immigration. Our immigration policies, whatever they are, will have a huge impact.

Differential Fertility rates: Will fertility differences between races get smaller?

Also, like Athlone said, I'm confident that if low-fertility countries stick it out, their fertility will rebound.

Quote: (10-03-2012 03:20 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

Also, like Athlone said, I'm confident that if low-fertility countries stick it out, their fertility will rebound.

I think Westerners and Asians will be the mosquitoes that didn't survive mass extinction in Athlone's analogy. Especially not the secular ones. If Western fertility does bound, it'll be because the West has become more religious and less white due to differing fertility rates.

I'd take a Brave New World scenario over being out-bred by retards.

"Consider the problem of over-population. Rapidly mounting human numbers are pressing ever more heavily on natural resources. What is to be done?... The annual increase of numbers should be reduced. But how? We are given two choices -- famine, pestilence and war on the one hand, birth control on the other. Most of us choose birth control." - ALDOUS HUXLEY

Fuck it, make this shit mandatory, until 'the state' proves you fit to reproduce. Roosh can head the committee.

If you're not growing, you're dying.

If these pills got on the market I'd be slinging them down like skittles... And sleep better at night.

Quote: (10-03-2012 02:39 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

I'm starting to think that SWPLs, while remaining liberal, will become more 'natalist.' They seem to be doing that already, though the kids don't usually come until the woman is in her 30s. We may already be seeing it.

Some of them do become quite natalist when the reproductive alarm bells start ringing (after 30), but we must remember that for many of these women it is too late by that point. Only a sliver of them are managing to hit replacement level (2 or more children). Most are putting out just one, and a disproportionate number of the children they produce have issues due to the advanced age of the mother (which, contrary to what the feminists will try to tell you as of late, has a greater impact on the instance of disability than that of the father).

The bottomline is that they simply don't do enough-their total fertility is still below 2 when all is said and done and every generation will see fewer and fewer of them. If male birth control comes out, it will be the SWPLs and hardcore players making the most use of it, and they'll just disappear faster.

The coming demographic war is going to be won by whoever resists birth control/anti-natalist trends the most. These people are going to be disproportionately brown (whites are easily the most secular, progressive race on Earth) and heavily religious. I wouldn't bet on the SWPL horse in this conflict-white conservatives will be far more survivable in all likelihood. They'll be most of what's left of the global European populace, for better or worse.

Are the careerist harpies and listless players being bred out of the gene pool?

Yeah, basically.

Shall the hipster freaks inherit the Earth? Male birth control would likely reduce the bastard birth rate, if only because both parties could 'hit the brakes,' so to speak, on conception.

Perhaps. Of course, if a large portion of the global population chooses not to do this for whatever reason (religion, culture, just-don't-care, etc) or is unable to do this (and this is likely), then all those pill takers will be doing is hastening the arrival of their own demographic winter.

SWPLs are also hard at work in staying in the cities while also putting their kids in non-ghetto schools, something that had previously proved elusive and forced parents into settling into suburbs.

The cost of their lifestyle is another factor here in keeping the fertility rates low for them.

Quote: (10-03-2012 03:54 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

I think Westerners and Asians will be the mosquitoes that didn't survive mass extinction in Athlone's analogy. Especially not the secular ones. If Western fertility does bound, it'll be because the West has become more religious and less white due to differing fertility rates.

Bingo. The only westerners and East Asians left standing at the end of the day are going to be the more socially conservative and religious ones, for better or worse. They're the only folks who will choose, even in the wake of widespread birth control for both sexes and anti-natalist cultural sentiments (ex: environmentalists espousing smaller families to "combat" global warming), to keep having several kids.
In keeping with this, Southern and Western Asians are going to be more well-represented among the survivors than East Asians, and non-white westerners are going to take less of a hit than their more disproportionately secular white counterparts.

This is going to be a very interesting 50 years coming up. Glad I will likely be alive to see most of it play out, though again, I'm sure much of it won't be all that pretty.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

This won't be do much. I would bet the men who use the birth control pill are going to be the ones who don't cause pregnancies. It won't change anything and just might increase out of wedlock rates even more.