rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Baltic Trilogy review thread

Reviews will go here.

overall opinion:
Reviewing Roosh's books is kinda is like a cliche.
There isn't anything bad you can say."Roosh did it again"
The writing style is informative and two the point.Easy to understand with the occasional dry humor wit that Roosh is known for.
Culture is broken down just enough to give an understanding while not being boring.
info on optimal game is well explained.
Roosh noticed the books would be a little less informative since he didn't stay as long in each country, but i thought there was more than enough info for what the books are meant to be.
Each book is short enough to be read in an hour or less.You could get a spur of the moment plane ticket. Get lucky and did these guides when you search kindle books and have a head of information before you land

these books tie in well with the idea of both Bang and Day Bang in the since that the same standard Roosh method is applied ie sending couch surfing or badoo messages.
i would assume people reading these will have already read Bang and/or Day Bang.
if you haven't...You should pick those up also for much more detail

Bang Estonia thoughts
My comment doesn't have much bearing as I've only met a handful of Estonians, but I agree i do notice a bit of an attitude in younger girls.
The line that made this book was Roosh talking about finding girls in front of clubs in the winter and not seeing there bodies because of coats and what not.
Quote:Quote:

There were a couple cases for me where it took an hour until I discovered a girl had a pancake ass

I am the cock carousel

finished bang Lithuania.
Same overall opinion.

Roosh seems to get just enough info to make generation that just happen to fit my(maybe many peoples) experience

I dated a young Lithuanian girl that ended up in Germany after "Carlos the Spaniard" left her with a dream of better life.

and she also has that slightly off vibe that she was working and angle to some degree.
slightly cold and not to affectionate even after bed play.

i always liked to think girls were generally the same all over, after retrospect I'm my travels.it's obvious each country really does have its own style

I am the cock carousel

I blasted through all three books yesterday.
Ive always liked Rooshs writings but i never read any of his country guides. I only knew 30 bangs, Bang and Daybang, so reading a country specific guide was new to me.

Roosh starts out his guides with some details about the history of the country and where to go. Followed by his observations about the local girls and his country specific game tactics. He wraps it up with some stories and city guides.

The writing is classic Roosh, very entertaining and made me laugh out loud at some points. The one story where Roosh said he felt like a fluffer, for warming up girls just to see them go home to their boyfriends, that one had me really going xD

Game wise I cant comment much as I've never been to either of those countries. But i find Roosh is usually spot on with his observations and found his game advice very helpfull in the past, so i will trust what he says. I have applied some of his game tactics successfully in the past so i have no doubt these country specific tips can be very helpfull too.

My only experience with baltic chicks is one girl from Latvia who i tried to fuck last year (unsuccessfully). Roosh says they are very relationship oriented (the good girls) and i find that to be true. That specific girl ended up naked in my bed but would refuse to fuck me because she had a boyfriend back home who she loved and wanted to marry. She is still together with him AFAIK.

I also had a latvian wingman when i lived in Prague and what he said about the girls back home seems to match with Rooshs observations too. He said the girls in Latvia are "bitches who are only interested in money".

Apart from the game advice i enjoyed the crazy storys the most. I love reading about Rooshs conquests, he always has to work for his lays and i can identify with that a lot ha!
AT one point he said sth like "its almost a cliche that i only get laid when i lost all hope already" and to me the game feels the same hehe.

So all in all great books even if you dont plan to visit those countries they are great to read and very enjoyable. If i ever go to a country and theres a bang guide available I will propably pick it up.

My only question to Roosh: Will you ever do a Bang (or dont bang?) GERMANY??

I would LOVE to hear what you have to say about this country.

Nope, no plans. I think the Bang travel guides era may soon come to an end as I've lately started to think of moving on to other projects.

Quote: (08-16-2012 06:55 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Nope, no plans. I think the Bang travel guides era may soon come to an end as I've lately started to think of moving on to other projects.

Roosh,I presume ( hope ) you are intending to drop a Bang Ukraine before you move onto other projects? Do you have any idea of timescale before it's released?

Quote: (08-16-2012 08:21 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Roosh,I presume ( hope ) you are intending to drop a Bang Ukraine before you move onto other projects? Do you have any idea of timescale before it's released?

That's sad to hear an end to come soon, but I look forward to these other projects. And I echo Vorkuta - bang ukraine? Heading there in October to the extent you feel like putting one together before then (crossing fingers...)

This trilogy isn’t Roosh’s finest work but contains enough gems and nuggets of useful information to make it highly recommended for any man planning to plunder the Baltics. From his writing you feel Roosh is at heart a nice, cool guy looking for a place in the world that still has the beautiful, feminine women of yesteryear. This makes his writing all the more poignant as he isn’t a dried up, cynical, exploitative pickup artist, looking to get as much action as he can and then move on, he is truly looking for connection in his life.

The highlights for me were without doubt the stories, evidence of just what a good writer Roosh is becoming – in my opinion the finest in the manosphere. Just reading them made me experience the loneliness, the homesickness, the daily struggle to understand foreign women, the constant uprooting as he goes to a new country. It really made me think twice about going for very long extended stays in foreign countries were I don’t have contacts nor speak the language well and that’s the mark of a great writer, that he makes you feel truly and deeply through his words.

A slight disappointment at the short length of these books and that he didn’t cover Vilnius in the Lithuania book (my preferred detination) but apart from that, this is another recommended instalment from the world’s most eloquent love tourist.

Quote: (08-16-2012 03:08 PM)BigAlexBoss Wrote:  

This trilogy isn’t Roosh’s finest work but contains enough gems and nuggets of useful information to make it highly recommended for any man planning to plunder the Baltics. From his writing you feel Roosh is at heart a nice, cool guy looking for a place in the world that still has the beautiful, feminine women of yesteryear. This makes his writing all the more poignant as he isn’t a dried up, cynical, exploitative pickup artist, looking to get as much action as he can and then move on, he is truly looking for connection in his life.

The highlights for me were without doubt the stories, evidence of just what a good writer Roosh is becoming – in my opinion the finest in the manosphere. Just reading them made me experience the loneliness, the homesickness, the daily struggle to understand foreign women, the constant uprooting as he goes to a new country. It really made me think twice about going for very long extended stays in foreign countries were I don’t have contacts nor speak the language well and that’s the mark of a great writer, that he makes you feel truly and deeply through his words.

A slight disappointment at the short length of these books and that he didn’t cover Vilnius in the Lithuania book (my preferred detination) but apart from that, this is another recommended instalment from the world’s most eloquent love tourist.

Vilnius is that good and why Big Alex?

Quote: (08-17-2012 12:30 AM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Quote: (08-16-2012 03:08 PM)BigAlexBoss Wrote:  

Vilnius is that good and why Big Alex?

It's the capital and largest city of the country.

If the books have lots of stories, I'm sure I'll like them!

Choche - Vilnius is the capital of Lithuania. These baltic countries are so small that tier 2 cities are a waste of a love tourist's time - a critical mistake Roosh made by hanging in Kaunas. Kaunas is a tiny shithole whose only redeeming feature is the university talent and the inconvenient fact that my flight lands there.

The only exception to this rule in the baltics is Riga which as Roosh has pointed out, has quickly become a sex tourist magnet and is now FUBAR. Talinn and Vilnius less so.

I guess that means no Bang India either? [Image: sad.gif]

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

The travel guides are a good gig, but it's starting to feel like a job. I forgot how it's like to go to a country and just chill instead of having to immediately get to work.

What I will always do is break down countries I visit here and on the blog. I still have many posts to share about Finland, Sweden, and Norway.

Bang Lituania: A review

Welcome to Lithuania

Roosh goes over the basics of the country, starting with the easiness of the bang with correspondence to their looks, so those of you looking for an Lithuanian flag it isn’t hard to get, if you are willing to compromise on quality. He then goes over which city you should select based on your preferences and convince. He does a good job, breaking down the reasons why each city is good and bad for a particular reason. Next part, he describes the basics of getting to Lithuania and lodging, which in future explained in later sections.

The Girls.

A description of their appearance and personality is given. As usual the approach index is mentioned which seems shocking high for an Eastern European country. Roosh then categories broadly on what types of girls you might find (based on their age) and he goes on giving details about each kinds of girl and how to tackle them.

Game

In lituania, Roosh clearly prefers day game for getting higher quality of girls but he also mentions for getting a lower quality of girl, night game can be used effectively. As with all his books, he gives a brief description of pipelining and online game and how to use the three different websites to rack up dates before you get there. The BEST part of the book is that, he gives you a brief introduction of his PYTHON GAME, which seems to be highly effective for shy and slow girls, best used when you plan to stay longer in the country, say two months. An opener which he used highly effective during the night is also mentioned and how to deal with Lithuanian guys is also advised.

Stories

Two stories outside of the ones mentioned in blog are present here, one in which he is tricked by a girl and the other where he meets a girl in the grocery store, showing how effective day game can be in Lithuania.

City Guide

Basically an insight of the city of Kaunas, where to stay and where to game is described in detail.

All in all its pretty accurate with the observations I had, the only difference in opinion, I noticed that from my experience in Lituania (I stayed in Vilnius for a week), is that, Night game can also be effectively used to pick up 7’s and 8’s, if you choose the right clubs and are prepared to lie a bit. I would go over this a little bit later on in another post if needed, as its out of scope of this thread.

Just read the Bang Trilogy. I've eagerly given positive reviews of Roosh's travel guides in the past but I agree with his sentiment that this ship has now sailed. The Baltic Trilogy was the least useful of all of his travel guides. They were also very short (you could knock them all out in a couple of hours even if you aren't much of a reader). You could tell Roosh was unhappy dealing with being in these countries during the dead of winter, plus the added challenge of gaming in places that are far off the beaten path. He had to deal with scams, language barriers, and very flighty girls. He doesn't have many good stories to speak of - compared to his previous guides - which is totally understandable. I also got the sense that these works were rushed and that he debated whether to even write about these places. I think a few posts on his blog/forum would have sufficed so I'm glad to hear he's going in that direction. I think his talents at this point are better served doing other projects.

I read the trilogy while at a company retreat. Although I understand why Roosh broke down the visits intro three separate books, I think the impact would have been better if they were all combined into a single book for all three countries. The stories are what I want, but I had read them already on the blog, so there was not much new material. The books are the usual good quality, but they left me the most unsatisfied. Parts were repetitive, but understandably so.

I can understand why Roosh wants to move on. Maybe instead of Bang <country> we will get Bang <girl Roosh is dating>, although I'm not sure if that's commercially viable.

Bang Estonia: A review

Welcome to Estonia

The book starts of with how Roosh first came to know about Estonia and his contact with his first Estonian girl in Denmark. Then he proceeds giving a brief overview of its culture, and points to keep in mind in order to understand the mentality of the Estonian girl and how to deal with situations that may arise during the chase. Roosh then goes over which cities are best to visit and how difficult is it to game in each of those cities along with logistic about getting to Estonia.

The Girls.

A description of their appearance and attitude is given. As usual the approach index is mentioned which seems to be the best of any of the Baltic countries although not as easy as America. Roosh then categories broadly on what types of girls you might find (based on their age) and he goes on giving details about each kinds of girl and how to tackle them. According to him, Estonian girls are the best looking girls in the baltics .

Game

The level of game required is mentioned along with a point that it used to be much easier before and things have rapidly changed (and changing) because of the high number of tourists coming into the country due to cheap flights. To be noted is also the influence of Scandinavia on Estonia with respects to fashion in Estonia.
As with all his books, he gives a brief description of pipelining and online game and how to use the three different websites to rack up dates before you get there.

Then he mentions although day game can be used effectively, night game is the best option for getting laid. He gives out the best strategy to get isolation in Estonia, which seems to be the key in Estonia. It has been the only country in Europe where he seemed to have not gotten sex on the very first night where he met the girl. This is partly due to a cultural thing

Stories

Two stories outside of the ones mentioned in blog are present here, one in which he shows how effective his isolation move worked and the other where he mentions his lack of desire started setting.

City Guide

Basically an insight of the city of Tartu and Tallinn are mentioned, where to stay and where to game is described in detail.

Note: I have been to Estonia after reading this book for and noting the finer points in this book. Stayed there for a week and was able to get laid on the very same night I met the girl. So it is a possibility, which even he admits, but wasn’t an easy one. Again this would not have been possible, if not the research done by Roosh and giving out the precise details of execution. Again, if you were going to visit there for a short visit, I would say please reconsider, if you were doing it for the lay.

is true that this pussy paradise has arrived to the end?

I would say almost. But there is a little hope left....very little.

Quote: (11-05-2012 08:49 AM)spanish_courage Wrote:  

I would say almost. But there is a little hope left....very little.

Quote: (11-05-2012 08:49 AM)spanish_courage Wrote:  

http://www.lrytas.lt/lietuvos-diena/aktu...uvaite.htm
http://www.balsas.lt/naujiena/630527/kai...lietuvaite
http://www.cosmopolitan.lt/laisvalaikis/...d=59996343
http://www.alfa.lt/straipsnis/15066229/I...1-14_12-09
http://www.delfi.lt/news/daily/hot/ameri...slink=true

Roosh, today you've officially became most hated man in Lithuania [Image: smile.gif] Even made front page on the second news website (lrytas.lt).
Guess you'll be getting Lithuanian traffic soon for your blog which is directed towards 'sex starved teenagers' (according to one article lol).

Maybe I should write a book about Russia... but I know I'd eventually be killed if I came back there (srs).

Quote: (11-15-2012 10:25 AM)BrownBear Wrote:  

Maybe I should write a book about Russia... but I know I'd eventually be killed if I came back there (srs).

It would be a best seller though you would have have to go into exile.

Maybe Roosh can do one final epic journey through Russia [Image: kissy.gif]

Quote: (11-15-2012 11:37 AM)BrownBear Wrote:  

Maybe Roosh can do one final epic journey through Russia [Image: kissy.gif]

That would indeed be epic....A 12 month tour of Russia, Kaliningrad to Vladivostok.

If he could make it out alive.