rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Taking counterfeit goods home

I bought a couple of fake watches off a random dude on the street in Bogota yesterday, at 20K a pop I thought it was a pretty good deal but now am wondering if customs is going to bust my balls when I get back to Canada. I'm almost 100% certain that I'll get searched at the airport, last time they even took my tooth brush and razor out of my shaving kit and tested them for cocaine, who knows what'll happen this time.

Any of you have experience taking knock off goods back home? I'm pretty sure the Colombian officials won't say too much but I wouldn't want to get locked up down here over a couple fake watches or have some kind of lawsuit shit happen when I get home.

Mail it to yourself or a family member.

Team Nachos

Lol you are not going to get in trouble. Im colombia and do that shit all the time. No worries. By the way, 20k for one of those fake watches is a very bad deal. You can get those for 5k-7k...that dude hustled you my friend.

I wore my fake Gucci hat back through customs and never got hassled, I also brought back a ton of Cuban Cigars and no one ever said a thing to me. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

It's not illegal to posses fake stuff in Canada or any other country as far as I know. So don't worry.
Also..if they test any of your stuff positive for cocaine or any other drugs, it's not illegal either. Just don't be an idiot and admit you were using!
IF they ask you any questions you can play dumb or just tell them straight up "non of your business!"
Jesus people are naive!

Quote: (08-13-2012 07:41 PM)Cookie Wrote:  

I wore my fake Gucci hat back through customs and never got hassled, I also brought back a ton of Cuban Cigars and no one ever said a thing to me. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Did they see the cigars in your luggage or they never searched you? Were you coming from Cuba or other country?

I wouldn't worry about it. Shit, wear one of the watches on your way home.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I was coming back from Belize and they never even bothered to search my luggage. I'm not sure if Canadian customs are different, but from my experience (and the experience of other travelers I know) getting your bags searched isn't a very common occurrence.
The only negative thing to ever happen to me at an airport, was the time I was drunk at the baggage check-in and got pulled aside to get chemical patches rubbed on my stuff (they thought I might have been smuggling drugs or something). Luckily I don't use drugs, so the results came up negative and I was allowed to board my flight.

Quote: (08-13-2012 08:14 PM)Wayout Wrote:  

Quote: (08-13-2012 07:41 PM)Cookie Wrote:  

Did they see the cigars in your luggage or they never searched you? Were you coming from Cuba or other country?