rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tips on picking the right haircut?

If there is a post about this I apologize but I'm trying to find the proper haircut to optimize my style/attractiveness and wouldn't mind opinions on things to look for/consider when trying to pick out the right one.

Quote: (08-07-2012 10:44 AM)Slacker101 Wrote:  

If there is a post about this I apologize but I'm trying to find the proper haircut to optimize my style/attractiveness and wouldn't mind opinions on things to look for/consider when trying to pick out the right one.

It all depends what you look like man. DO you want length? Do you want it to be short? Would you like a fade? All around even cut (known as a Caesar), a Taper, a Afro, a Mohawk, a Professional look, a Casual look, an I look like this [Image: gay.gif] kind of look? What kind of hair do you have, straight asian hair?(mexicans, native americans, indians) , straight caucasion hair( a tad bit less straight), Straight curly hair, Tight frizzy curly hair, coarse but curly, coarse and nappy?
Would you like to to keep your facial hair, if so, how? Chin strap beard, full beard, goatee, mustache only, clean shave?
Many question can be asked as you see. My question to you is What on earth do you look like? Otherwise you can't be helped. The trick to this thing is not only knowing what you want, but finding the right barber.
I could go on for days. I love this shit.

I'm a Licensed Master Barber. I can help you.

^what are the best short (or even best hairstyles period) for a dude with a "round" face... and by that i mean not a pudgy as shit basketball face, more like a face thats as wide as it is as tall. also have thick asian hair that's kinda wavy.

rockin' the shaggy bedhead look now but looking for something shorter. was about to shave it all with a 3 razor a few weeks back but the girl i was fuckin with told me i'd look awful with a buzz ha.

Shave your own head into a clean neat tidy look, save time money and always look tight. As you get more experienced you can just tidy up the back and edges and leave some length of the top for a GQ look, if you like to mess around with medium length styles and gel.

http://howtocutyourownhairmen.com/

Quote: (08-07-2012 12:25 PM)the chef Wrote:  

^what are the best short (or even best hairstyles period) for a dude with a "round" face... and by that i mean not a pudgy as shit basketball face, more like a face thats as wide as it is as tall. also have thick asian hair that's kinda wavy.

rockin' the shaggy bedhead look now but looking for something shorter. was about to shave it all with a 3 razor a few weeks back but the girl i was fuckin with told me i'd look awful with a buzz ha.

Chef, if you would like a short hair cut, then I suggest a fade, however there are different types and depending on the shape that your head appears to be as your hair gets cut shorter is dependant on whats best for you. See haircutting is not about just cutting. It is an art. Which is why cutting it yourself is not a good solution.

It will take YEARS OF Practicing on your self. 1000 haircuts is what they say it takes before you become decent. Well your hair has to grow before you can cut it again,imagine that process over and over? That would take over 20 yrs of fucking up before you got good.
Avoid that website.
What I have learned is that, if your haircut isn't too bad, If you don't mind then noone else does. But once you have a GREAT haircut you truly never want to go back.

Imagine these cuts with your type of hair, I tried to find pictures of asian fades, no good luck.
High Temple Fade
[Image: 5333538_f520.jpg]

Comb Over Fade
The actual haircut is bad. The IDEA is great.
[Image: ae158a4688dc11e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg]

Low fade
[Image: tumblr_m7veu74cfz1r6knsco1_1280.jpg]

These are some great ideas for a somewhat round face. A good barber can damn near do WHATEVER to Hair, so what ever you might want to have different about your cut, you should ask for, and if he can't, leave."naw man you can't get that, your hair is too..." Yeah Whatever.
The only paint in this is white. The rest is similar to what is known as sculpting. Cutting the hair to different levels to achieve an Illusion.[Image: Tony-Parker-portrait-haircut.jpg].

Anyhow those fades are few of many. They are good Ideas but bad cuts which means they could look a lot better. A good barber will see those picture I posted and will not replicate the Haircut, but replicate the IDEA and make it look 2 times as good.
These are GOOD Fades. Good fades look the same on any kind of hair, no matter which way you swing it.
Taper mixed with a fohawk Perfect cut
[Image: low-fade-with-spiked-top-back.jpg]

Best cut in the NBA Great beard, great taper.
[Image: DWOldFade.jpg]
High Fade
[Image: high-fade-front.jpg]

Oh and most importantly! Lizards DONT KNOW SHITTTT about a good mans hair cut if you do decide to buzz it, get a fade or get a SHARP, line up/ shape up/ edge up. ask for a razor for the best effect. and you'll be looking like this.
Look at how defined the line is around the cut If you buzz it, it must have a SHARP line.

ponytail and beard
a winning combo

First research haircut style photos on the web and select 2-3 you think fit the look you might want

Find out who are the best stylists in your area and go have a consultation with one

"If anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there!- Captain Ron

Having a great line-up is just as important as a nice cut.I just got in the habit of getting linedup/shaped every week and a half and it gets good reviews. Best lineups I've had are from barbers in the hood. They know how to work around wacky hairlines(like mine) and put all kinds of parts and designs in hair.

pretty boy: thanks man. not really feelin the fade but i get what your saying with having a proper shape up. appreciate it.

Prettyboy - what if someone's hair is extremely wavy and stiff? I've been shaving it and getting a tight, high fade for years because I can't shape it or do anything with it.

Quote: (08-20-2012 07:43 AM)houston Wrote:  

Prettyboy - what if someone's hair is extremely wavy and stiff? I've been shaving it and getting a tight, high fade for years because I can't shape it or do anything with it.

use a flat iron to straighten it dude