rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is it true that girls in Argentina love dark skinned guys??

Hello Everyone
I'm planning a short 5 days trip to Argentina along with a friend of mine and he happens to be black, i'm more of a cynamon skinned kind of guy, and we've been told that argentinian girls are very attractive to guys with dark skin or anyone with a nice tan for that matter. It does make a whole lot of sense since 90% of the population are european descendants and everybody is white there. Can anyone shed some lights on this??. Regards

Probably not true bearing in mind the non existence of mixed race black/white argies

black chicks on the otherhand will get hounded by argie guys because they have never had one

i picked up a black chick from ny in ba and i had to beat off the argie guys with a stick on the day 2

No, its bullshit.

Quote: (12-29-2009 03:29 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Probably not true bearing in mind the non existence of mixed race black/white argies

black chicks on the otherhand will get hounded by argie guys because they have never had one

i picked up a black chick from ny in ba and i had to beat off the argie guys with a stick on the day 2

I don't think is the case, either.

I have a few argentinian friends.....I ve been told being dark skinned is a disadvantage...

Post your experience after dude...good luck

I can't answer your question. But if you go to the right places you will definitely find girls attracted to black people.

One of these places is a hip hop club called Lost. I have been there a few times and the girls were all over the black guys there, and vice versa.
http://www.buenosairesnightguide.com/See...dPlace=140

Not true.
Arg. people are extremely racist

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Quote: (12-29-2009 07:21 PM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

Mrs. Chocolate, can you elaborate a little? What types of people are they racist towards, and how do they treat them?

Definitely not true.

Not true...

It's a very conservative culture, looks-wise and otherwise.

Even a white guy (or girl) can stand out if you have a slightly differently ethnicity, fashion sense, or vibe. A lot of times, I can spot a foreigner a mile away here whether it's an American, Western European, or Brazilian. And that's not really an advantage in Buenos Aires with locals for a handful of reasons.

I think it's hit or miss. Someone started a thread about this not too long ago, a black dude. Some report that Argentina is racist and black dudes get no love there. Some black dudes will tell you they had to fight the girls off. So I don't know what to make of it. Guess it depends on the venue. I didn't experience any straight up in my face racism in Argentina, but no adoration either. It was no different than being in NYC, Paris, London or anywhere else. Just a big crowded, chaotic city where people pay you no attention one way or the other as they are pushing through the crowded streets. Probably best to go to a place playing black music, play up the hiphop look(if that's your thing, it's certainly not mine), make sure it's obvious your African-*AMERICAN* as opposed to a poor Nigerian immigrant, and the girls that dig that sort of thing will dig it. Or get in with some locals. Since there are practically zero black guys in Argentina, if even a tiny 1% likes black dudes, that's a huge number because you are the only one, so no competition. So you have to look at it from that angle too. Tell your friend to give it a shot, nothing to lose. If nothing else, there's cheap steak!

Thing is though, I didn't think Argentine girls were anything spectacular. So why even bother? Just go to Brazil. Women are 10x hotter, way more ass and friendlier people overall, and more variety of races and mixtures. People in Argentina looked pissed off most the time. Maybe it's the economy or the political issues, but you can feel the discontent in the air, and see it in the grafitti everywhere. Argentinians are NOT smiley, happy people. Brazilians are much sunnier and laid back in their demeanor. Go to Brazil!

Quote: (12-29-2009 06:30 PM)jmb Wrote:  

I can't answer your question. But if you go to the right places you will definitely find girls attracted to black people.

One of these places is a hip hop club called Lost. I have been there a few times and the girls were all over the black guys there, and vice versa.
http://www.buenosairesnightguide.com/See...dPlace=140

Wish I'd known about this fcking place when I was down there! [Image: angry.gif]

Quote: (12-29-2009 08:21 PM)PartyTime Wrote:  

Quote: (12-29-2009 07:21 PM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

Mrs. Chocolate, can you elaborate a little? What types of people are they racist towards, and how do they treat them?

Okay, Br and Arg don't get along much, however for them we are the "monkeys" even being the guys next door, with the same history (colonization, religion)... But to my mind they are racist towards black and aborigenes, because there is not much mix btw caudilhos (white european descendents) and aborigenes over there.
Around here we have ours "mea-culpa" because we think we are not Latin America and we don't have nothing to do about because we don't speak Spanish (and we like to keep this clean all the time) and all the others looks the same crap.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

It's really the Peruvians and Bolivians they are racist towards. Kind of like how people can be racist towards Mexicans in the U.S.

Quote:Quote:

I'll second on "Lost," That place was the shit and the urine, good times. However, at least when I went there almost two years ago "Lost" only played Hip Hop on Thursday nights. It might be different now.

Argentinians have a reputation at least in Latin America as being very racist, but the whole week and a half that I was there I had no problems. I never felt people were fucking with me or treating me different because of my race which I found surprising because I am Kunta Kinte black. Ironically, I was in Zambia 4 months ago a country which is 90% Black and I have never been disrepected so many times as a black man.

But I digress, with regards to girls, it can be a hit or miss. You just need to know where to go, the average Argentinian chick will not give you any play specially if there are any Argentinian guys around (sounds familiar?) this is why going blindly into any club without prior knowledge is a waste of time. Your best bet is hanging out with some black expat or exchange student and asking him to show you around. I met a this cat from San Francisco who literary was getting more butts that ashtrays. He now DJ's R&B and Hip Hop three nights a week at this spot called "Fela" Club, I can't even imagine how much ass Argentinian ass he must get now.

If I were you, I would still go to BA and put your bid in. If you strike out, you strike out. Sometimes you eat the lion, sometime the lion eats you. However, you always have to take "The Game" on the road like Ringling Bros and see what happens. I met the Brother from San Francisco in this bar called "Sugar." Also, check out Shamrock, Gilbatrar(sp?), Lost, Opera and Fela. I met true to the game players(both black and white) in each one of those spots.

Quote: (01-02-2010 10:03 AM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

Argentinians have a reputation at least in Latin America as being very racist, but the whole week and a half that I was there I had no problems. I never felt people were fucking with me or treating me different because of my race which I found surprising because I am Kunta Kinte black. Ironically, I was in Zambia 4 months ago a country which is 90% Black and I have never been disrepected so many times as a black man.

Haha. The racism around here is undercovered. In Br, we are very racist too, but no one will ever disrespect the other directly. People may not like you, however they won't be unpolite especially because you are a foreinger (= richer than them). I don't know what happens on Africa, but I can asure you that is how stuff works in SA.

Quote: (01-02-2010 10:03 AM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

Ironically, I was in Zambia 4 months ago a country which is 90% Black and I have never been disrepected so many times as a black man.

I have to hear the story on that.

playa_with_a_passport Wrote:
Ironically, I was in Zambia 4 months ago a country which is 90% Black and I have never been disrepected so many times as a black man.

Sorry, I meant Namibia not Zambia. To make a long story short and to not hijack the thread, some cities in Namibia like Swakopmund on the Atlantic coast are still under an "unofficially" Apartheid/Jim crow system. Which kinda of works for them since the vast majority of the local black population are dirt poor. Therefore, they can keep facilities segregated by having artificially high prices that Blacks can not afford and charging whites the "real price." Thus, creating "white only" facilities without having to have those pesky un-pc headline grabbing "White Only" signs. However, this system falls apart when Playa_With_A_Passport rolls into town with pockets so fat it looks like I got the mumps.
For example, in Swakopmund everything is owned by whites who have very little if any respect for their black customers. I am not naive, there are lot places in the world that aren't a fan of Brothers, however, they are always happy to deal with us because their greed is stronger than their prejudice but not this place. They did not want me or my money. I arrived on a Wednesday and the first 3 hotels my boy and I went to were "sold out." We finally ended up staying at this lodge that charged us 3 times the posted rate. I tried to going to some restaurants and they would said they were closed even thought there were people inside. I tried to book some tours and the tour person full of attitude tells me they have none available. People on the street will just stared with their eyes full of hatred. The local black people were no better. If you asked anything from them you were met with crazy attitude and refused to make eye contact when being spoken too. The final straw was when I tried to buy some food and the white clerk put some plastic gloves on to take the money from the table. The reason why I even went there was because Lonely planet recommended as a "fun" place to go and lots of outdoor activities. And I figured Beachtown = chicks in Bikinis = Pu$$y Galore. I was going to stay a week but My boy and I felt so uncomfortable and unsafe that we took the first bus out of there. I gotta give those German fucks credit, They built a replica of a German town in the middle of nowhere in an African desert. That by itself is a marvel of engineering. And Yes, the chicks there were hot.

Interesting story. I wonder if it's the same deal in places like Cape Town.

Quote: (01-03-2010 03:48 PM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

Sorry, I meant Namibia not Zambia.

Haha Windhoek Namibia is the place where Lula (Brazilian current president) created a diplomatic incident a few years back.

When he stepped off the plane he said admiringly something like: "Wow this place is so nice and clean that I don't even believe I'm in Africa..."

Top-tier Namibian women. Not bad variety.

http://www.globalbeauties.com/news/2008/may/nam.htm

I gotta give those German fucks credit, They built a replica of a German town in the middle of nowhere in an African desert. That by itself is a marvel of engineering

Well I don't wanna sound to assertive but there is no reason to think the German-Namibians will be able to sustain their national standards much longer. In the name of Human Rights the country, sooner or later, is bound to sink like Zimbabwe or South Africa:

"The Human Development Index of South Africa has dropped 35 places between 1995 and 2005"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_South_Africa

I have to disagree with the majority of opinions here. My experience (as well as what many Argentinians and black people living there told me) is that many argentinian chicks do fantasize about black men. But of course, one must have smooth game and especially knowledge of the codes of interaction to get quality girls here.

And i never felt any racism (towards black people, peruvians and bolivians are effectively another story) in Argentina. Not saying it doesn't exist, but i think it is much less pregnant or visible than in Europe or the States.

Political correctedness doesn't exist here, so it's normal for people to call you "negro" if you are black or dark skinned and/or haired, or to call you "gordo" (fattie) if you're fat. I find it refreshing actually.

"...especially knowledge of the codes of interaction to get quality girls here."

What are the codes of interaction in your opinion?
There's been a ton of conjecture about that on these pages.

playa_with_a_passport Wrote:

Sorry, I meant Namibia not Zambia. To make a long story short and to not hijack the thread, some cities in Namibia like Swakopmund on the Atlantic coast are still under an "unofficially" Apartheid/Jim crow system. Which kinda of works for them since the vast majority of the local black population are dirt poor. Therefore, they can keep facilities segregated by having artificially high prices that Blacks can not afford and charging whites the "real price." Thus, creating "white only" facilities without having to have those pesky un-pc headline grabbing "White Only" signs. However, this system falls apart when Playa_With_A_Passport rolls into town with pockets so fat it looks like I got the mumps.
For example, in Swakopmund everything is owned by whites who have very little if any respect for their black customers. I am not naive, there are lot places in the world that aren't a fan of Brothers, however, they are always happy to deal with us because their greed is stronger than their prejudice but not this place. They did not want me or my money. I arrived on a Wednesday and the first 3 hotels my boy and I went to were "sold out." We finally ended up staying at this lodge that charged us 3 times the posted rate. I tried to going to some restaurants and they would said they were closed even thought there were people inside. I tried to book some tours and the tour person full of attitude tells me they have none available. People on the street will just stared with their eyes full of hatred. The local black people were no better. If you asked anything from them you were met with crazy attitude and refused to make eye contact when being spoken too. The final straw was when I tried to buy some food and the white clerk put some plastic gloves on to take the money from the table. The reason why I even went there was because Lonely planet recommended as a "fun" place to go and lots of outdoor activities. And I figured Beachtown = chicks in Bikinis = Pu$$y Galore. I was going to stay a week but My boy and I felt so uncomfortable and unsafe that we took the first bus out of there. I gotta give those German fucks credit, They built a replica of a German town in the middle of nowhere in an African desert. That by itself is a marvel of engineering. And Yes, the chicks there were hot.

I apologise to the mods upfront for this, but this will not do. This is unacceptable.

This has to be the biggest load of fuckin horseshit I have ever heard. You go there as a spectator and try to pass western judgment on people and countries you have no understanding of at all. You have no idea why those people are the way they are. You are an ignorant prick. There are areas off limits to whites too. Its about 80% of Africa unless you are under armed guard. Hell, even in developed "democratic" countries like South Africa and Botswana, there are parts of cities that are off limits to whites. This is not the USA bro. Western ideology dies the minute you touch down in Africa.

There is no tiered pricing system in Namibia based on race either you fuckin moron. Get that chip off your shoulder. Its just that there is so much poverty the levels between rich and poor are huge. They make the differences in places like Brazil and Colombia seem closer to Sweden or Norway in economic parity. People are excluded because they dont have money, not because they are black.

You were charged more because you are a foreigner. Not because you are a black man. Those places that were "sold out"? Probably were you tosspot. Those areas are busy certain times of the year with people traveling from all over to stay there. Frikken hell, you think they cant tell the difference between a real African and black American? They dont classify you as African. They classify you as American. Hell, those white racists you cant seem to understand are more African than you are. You think your black skin makes you African in Africa? Give me a break. Your entire point of view, highlighted by your ignorant post dripping with resentment for a situation and history you dont understand, just goes to show how far removed from Africa you are.

The reason why you use plastic gloves to take money? Because paper based money systems are a major spread of disease in Africa and its part of health and safety regulations in some African countries. Like people have to wear hairnets, people have to use gloves when they touch money IF THEY WORK WITH YOUR FOOD. Its for your own safety and health. What, you think you going to get first class medical treatment if you pick up one of those awesome exotic diseases or viruses that float about all over the show? I dont know whats more pathetic. The fact that you are too fucking retarded to see it for what it really was, or the fact that the chip on your shoulder is so large you could not for a minute think that there was a logical, non racial reason for it. People like you see racism where there is none and you are the reason why people will always see colour. Its because you see colour everywhere you go and I pity you for it.

As for the stares of hatred? Not because you are black mate. They grow up with black people around them. They are the minority there yet still prosper. Most can probably speak an African language or two and have more respect for the local African culture than you do. No, what people dont tolerate in certain parts of Africa is DIRECT EYE CONTACT. Its a sign of aggression on the south-western coast and is part of the local African culture. Just like in Japan as a sign of respect you dont look a superior in the eyes. On the South West coast, direct eye contact is a sign of attempted intimidation when its between strangers. Again, never thought for a minute that maybe the cultural difference was the issue and it was not the fact that you were black eh?

No one in Africa exploits Africans more than the Africans themselves. As a visitor from a first world country, and being black on top of it, you probably find that hard to accept. Go live there for a while to experience the real Africa. If you live to tell the tale, you might be a better man for it. You would certainly be a lot less ignorant than you are.

Just because places like Australia, Britain and the USA are more tolerant of all races does not mean that the rest of the world will be. A black man in Russia is going to have a hard time. Just like a white man in Nigeria will. Its part and parcel of travel and its something we all need to accept as a reality of the world. While these things can work to our advantage in some places, in others they will work against us. No point griping about it because we dont understand what drove people and cultures to that point. To be so arrogant as to condemn people and cultures we dont understand simply because they do not share the same ideology is not on, no matter how abhorrent it may seem to us

First world populations are minuscule. Which makes our own belief system and political views minuscule. The only reason they gained any traction is because we hold a slowly eroding economic power.

I tire of this crap where black men from western countries are irritated when they are treated poorly or ignored by local women for reasons they believe are related to race alone. Sure, it plays a major part in it. In many cases though, you are getting the responses you are getting because you are also acting like a fuckin idiot. White or black, the response would be the same.

As for Argentina? Sorry, they are racist. Maybe a good looking black guy with a lot of money, who can speak some Spanish and is hanging out in college towns where the chicks will be a little more liberal will see some success. If you think an African American man, traveling on a budget with minimal Spanish is going to fuck his way from one end of Argentina to the other because he is "exotic" you have another thing coming. Rather go to Sweden or Denmark.