rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Job Recruiters

Job Recruiters

Has anyone had much experience with them? I just blew-off one today. She had the audacity to tell me the prospective employer's car and phone compensation (waaaay below national average) was "not negotiable". I told her we had nothing more to discuss and ended the conversation.
And I've been getting plagued with insurance and "commission only" offers every since putting my resume up on line. These go right to the "spam" box.
I know the economy doth sucketh everywhere, but this is ridiculous.

Job Recruiters

the more you deal with recruiters the more you will see 95% of them are slime just looking to get their cut. I was dealing with 15 of them while unemployed. I could tell the vet vs the rookie in seconds.

Job Recruiters

Quote: (08-01-2012 11:21 AM)ColSpanker Wrote:  

Has anyone had much experience with them?

I also dealt a bit with recruiters.

I generally found them to be lazy and clueless.

The kind of recruiter you want to use is the kind of one who doesn't need to go online to find recruits.

My favourite use for them was this:
I'd find out what jobs they are trying to recruit for. That would give me an idea of where the demand for my skillz would be.

Then I'd cold call every relevant institution in the geographic area covered by the recruiter to say I have such and such skillz, do you have any opportunities available?

Basically bypass the recruiter.

That said, this was a relatively unsuccessful strategy - I didn't get a job this way. But I didn't get to play high enough numbers of this style of jobhunting to make a final verdict.

I did get to talk to some interesting people and learn about specific organisations quite a bit, though. That might still turn out useful in the future.

Job Recruiters

Just another bunch of salesmen

Feel free to PM me for wine advice or other stuff
ROK Article: 5 Reasons To Have Wine On A Date
RVF Wine Thread

Job Recruiters

They've been getting vicious around me. I had one send me a generic email about a job the other day. I was so pissed I replied with a "don't contact me unless you have something meaningful" response hoping it would get rid of him. Instead he had the audacity to reply with a snarky letter of his own. THAT got me so mad I flagged him as a spammer. Then the MF had the gonads to call me today on the phone wanting to know why I had flagged him. I told him to never call me again and I was going to block his phone number. He wouldn't STFU. I told him twice not to F with me or I'd report his company for harassment. He finally hung-up.
These jerks are getting annoying.