rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Cardio and Conditioning for Sex

I've been away from cardio/conditioning for a while, and noticed my enjoyment of sex massively decreased. Not being fit enough to pound away as fast as you want and really ravage a girl for a few minutes without gasping for air really takes the main fun part out of it.

I've recently been easing back into it with tabata squats and "squat sprints" (i.e. 30 seconds all-out air squats, fast as possible, rest, repeat a few times) and already noticing improvements.

I wonder what the optimal conditioning program for sex would be? Bear in mind I want to spend as little time as possible on conditioning ( I already do resistance training 2x a week).

Maybe things like:

-tabata squats
-kettlebell swings (really works those glutes for thrusting)
-perhaps an occasional short and intense 800m run or a few 400m repeats or something, just for pure heart+lung capacity.

The fittest I've been for sex was I was doing BJJ 2-3 times a week. So much fun smashing a girl at full-speed for 20minutes+, flipping her around in different positions without slowing down, etc. Really makes sex AWESOME.

I think grappling or mma conditioning is probably the king, but I'd like to figure out something I could just do at home 2-3 times a week for short and intense sessions that would turn me into a beast in bed.

Kettlebells maybe?

as you are already doing strength workout. i would try interval training. go to a park were you can sprint like 100 to 200 meters without crashing into some other person. sprint all out, jog back, repeat.
after a few sprints you will only walk back. at the end of 30 minutes you should crawl or lying on the ground out of air.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

kettle. bell. swings.

work up to 1-2 long sets with heavy kb's; be careful with your new jackhammer.

(credit for the jackhammer comparison goes to someone elsewhere on this forum)

Conditioning can be an issue during sex? Mind=blown

But I am pretty fit from training a lot anyway...

What does tire first? Do you start gasping for air or do the muscles give out first?

Either way, swings are a good place to start and anything grappling related will help. Also helpful for switching positions in bed.

30 minute of sprints?!? That's intense! That's like enough cardio for 3 weeks. Kettlebells of course would be great for sex. Combine both and you can hump her into orbit.

bface: yeah it's become an issue since I stopped doing anything other than just maintenance strength-training. Used to be a beast with BJJ, but now I just gasp heavily after a few mins of pounding, to the point I have to slow down [Image: sad.gif] Getting better though! Tabatas are helping.

trey: haha awesome. yeah I thought they would be effective, they seem like they work the exact same muscles hard that you use when thrusting. Jackhammer sounds awesome. cant wait.

Kettlebell swings, most definitely.

Quote: (07-24-2012 01:54 PM)RichieP Wrote:  

bface: yeah it's become an issue since I stopped doing anything other than just maintenance strength-training. Used to be a beast with BJJ, but now I just gasp heavily after a few mins of pounding, to the point I have to slow down [Image: sad.gif] Getting better though! Tabatas are helping.

Sounds like you are getting anaerobic during sex, the anaerobic system only lasts for about 2 minutes. I would work on threshold training if I were you, work on getting that threshold higher so you can stay in the aerobic zone (at least for most of the time).

kind of a different idea but i thought about it today while i wwas working out...anyone ever take a preworkout supp before sex????

Medium/heavy kettlebell swings for power and a lighter one (like 35 lbs) for reps. I did that and my girlfriend at the time noticed it right away. Since I don't feel like paying 90 bucks per kettlebell, I've since stopped kettlebell swings.

Do some deadlifts and squats so you can pick them up in the shower.

Other than that, bicep work is actually helpful when you pick them up.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Quote: (07-24-2012 07:45 PM)hoops330 Wrote:  

kind of a different idea but i thought about it today while i wwas working out...anyone ever take a preworkout supp before sex????

Haha, Jack3D for sex?

BUSINESS!

Nice one guys... sounds like swings are the king.

Hannibal: Yeah I love squats/DLs, I used to beast them, unfortunately cant do them now [Image: sad.gif] (blew out my inner ear, and re-blew it with heavy deadlifts arrgh). I do pistols which are better than nothing and give me some degree of strength, but yeah I miss the heavy iron.

I am in Thailand though so all the hot girls are tiny and easy to pick up (literally and figuratively!!)

Here's some health stuff I've found over the past year, book marked it.

This is one of Alabama's Lifting Regimens (not is obviously not geared toward sex, but would imagine it would turn you into a beast)
http://summer.stack.com/Content/Site012/...009069.pdf

Here is also one on Mens Health I think the OP/others here might like
(Ok I can't find it at this time currently)

And another one (but same basics as Mens Health one basically)
http://www.ugo.com/girls/sex-workout-guide

Seems (and as I recall with the mens health one)-that most of the exercises were emphasis on lower body (ie-glutes--which are what give you the uumph in your hump abilities ('Do the humpty hump anybody? haha)--DEFINITE emphasis on your lower back (ie squats or as stated, tabata squats. Power cleans are good if you're doing heavy lifting. Nothing like being able to pick up a girl and f*** her while holding her up, most girls aint used to that BUT it can almost make em really self conscious (I think thats the right word?)

-Also emphasis on legs (wall squats/lunges) as somewhat less on chest (basically just be able to support yourself for a long enough time yadda yadda).Biceps are a definite.

You also ideally would do cardio, so as the OP said he aint gasping for breath. Boxing training always whooped my ass and left me in great shape. Also, try to hit your lower abdomen as well (which could be done in a number of ways, BUT if you're back is in good shape you should be able to walk around basically flexing/strengthening you're lower back muscles as THESE muscles are the ones that allow you to stand tall/straight up instead of slouching. Thats one way that will help you, and has helped me over this past year. Alpha posture-PLUS by being able to strengthen/work these muscles on your back, you also pull your obliques/lower abs muscles tighter (because they work almost like a belt that goes around your body, something I didn't realize till lately is the key to having good abs is a very good/strong back) which not only strengthens them but also makes them MUCH more visible and is what will eventually get you that v in your lower abs (provided you eat healthy/drink plenty of water/ and are exercising decently). I'll try to find that mens health workout in the meantime (its a great site by the way, for fitness stuff and a bunch of other things. Check out the Spartacus workout as well if you can, good shit).

-And just remembered while editing, doing sprints on hills/at an incline is also a good idea. You burn more calories/energy on an incline, plus it's better for your glutes as well as your calves. And one more, when you are running-run on the balls of your feet--aka run on the front of your feet and don't let your heels hit the ground. Its better for your bones, as well as will work your calves more-plus you actually might run faster since your heels aren't hitting the ground. Just a lil something to know.

I also am just getting back into the workout process again, and would like to focus a decent amount of the workouts basically to this stuff exactly so I like the idea.

Good huntin gentlemen.

[quote='RichieP' pid='242232' dateline='1343226580'
Nice one guys... sounds like swings are the king.

Hannibal: Yeah I love squats/DLs, I used to beast them, unfortunately cant do them now :( (blew out my inner ear, and re-blew it with heavy deadlifts arrgh). I do pistols which are better than nothing and give me some degree of strength, but yeah I miss the heavy iron.

I am in Thailand though so all the hot girls are tiny and easy to pick up (literally and figuratively!!)
[/quote]

HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING

after 2-4 month of beachbody insanity/asylum sex gets crazy like never before

Try running around your block a couple times. Maybe a few wind sprints.

Real talk I put a couple miles in and do a few sprints I feel like I can fuck up the world.

Listen to some eminem or somehting. Lose Yourself. wear like two sweatshirts and some oakleys.

On top of moderate weight training, I have fun with my boxers speed bag for cardio. The speed bag is fun and convenient, and as I get in shape it takes a beating harder and for longer. It's like running but with your arms, and I mix up hard fast sprints with a steady paced jog. Seems to have the added benefit of being an impressive violent display.

Kettlebells, Hindu squats, Hindu pushups, and variations of the plank,

Throw clubbells in there if you're feeling adventurous.

All you need.

cool. Ya, I GOTTA get me a kettlebell.

Are there any good options for portable kettlebells? Something like a really durable bag I could fill with weights and strap down, so I can just buy 4x5kg plates or something in a new country?

I tried a waterproof camping bag full of water, but it's too big and unstable, water isnt dense enough to get the weight you need at a good size. Failing that I guess I could just buy dumbells in new places and swing them around.

Quote: (08-02-2012 12:13 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

Are there any good options for portable kettlebells? Something like a really durable bag I could fill with weights and strap down, so I can just buy 4x5kg plates or something in a new country?

I tried a waterproof camping bag full of water, but it's too big and unstable, water isnt dense enough to get the weight you need at a good size. Failing that I guess I could just buy dumbells in new places and swing them around.

If you google the 4 hour body book there are details how to make a T bar type of setup that simulates a kettlebell (for swings at least), but if you have to keep buying new plates everywhere you go it probably isn't going to save you any money.

I think there is also a kettlebell "handle" that you can buy that attaches to other types of weight. Again though, if you have to keep buying the weights you probably aren't going to save any money.

For traveling your best bet might just be to pay for a gym that has them.

Depending on shipping costs you also might be able to buy a lighter weight one and then just do more reps with it, then you can ship it, but again you are gonna have recurring costs to ship it from place to place.

I am now a religiously fanatical zealot of the benefits of the boxers heavy bag.

Great for cardio, co-ordination, and raising T. Doesn't feel like work at all - just really, really good fun. You'll wind up with more energy after you're done than when you started.

If you don't have a gym bridge exercises are good for thrusts / glutes. Even if I don't get around to doing anything else I'll always do these. They're important for a healthy back anyway.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (08-02-2012 12:13 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

You can do swings and snatches with a dumbbell.
Or build a T-handle as others have said.

Personally I'd just throw down for a 45# kettlebell and train into it. Seriously just do a ton of swings. Or get a 30-35# kb if you have not trained ever. Keep in mind that once you have the kettlebell, you're pretty much married to it. I carry mine around in a bowling bag and I'm never without some kind of strength/fitness tool.

burpees, pushups, kettleball swings, any kind of grappling training.

Quote: (08-04-2012 07:11 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

How do you do grappling training? I've never tried this before.

Quote: (08-04-2012 10:16 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Quote: (08-04-2012 07:11 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

How do you do grappling training? I've never tried this before.

Jiu jitsu, wrestling, judo with ground work. It builds strength and cardio. In jiu jitsu, I'm often training with guys who are my size or larger for anywhere from 3-10 5 minute rounds per training session.

It makes manhandling a girl in bed a piece of cake and I almost never get tired fucking.