rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which Asian country is the Right One for me? (Thailand vs Philippines)

Hi, this is my first post here on the RVF, so please bear with me!

First of all: yes, I read the recent thread by http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14058.html however, my circumstances are a little bit different, so I hope this is ok when I post another thread about a similar topic. If not I would like to apologize and ask the mods to move this post to the right place!

A little bit about myself: I'm German, ~5'10", in my early 20s, and speak German & English fluently and a little bit of Spanish (for all that matters), but I am very open to the idea of learning any new language, so this shouldn't be an obstacle. As of today, I'm still pretty new to the concept of Game, read Bang, Bang Colombia, as well as 30 Bangs, resulting in some small, but noticeable improvements in my home country.

I did a lot of research over the past few months and managed to reduce my travel options to Thailand or the Philippines. Although I'm not completely against visiting any SEA country, if you believe it to be better suited for me.
I admit I am a complete travel novice, and since this is the fist time I travel so far completely on my own, and since I'm also somewhat financially restricted, I want to make the most out of every minute i get over there.
Unfortunately I'm quite poor, but through a lot of work and sacrifices, I managed to collect about 2500€ and I absolutely do NOT want to go back home without at least one notch!
Yes, I know this might sound "shallow", but easiness right now is my primary concern. "Looks", "culture", etc. are, although I enjoy them greatly, at this point - secondary.
When it comes to the lizards, I do not fundamentally mind working ones, but I would strongly prefer a non-pro.

I have a lot of n00b questions and I, of course, realize that the answers might depend on the recommended country. That's why I'm asking for your personal opinion on the following:
...for the land you recommend,
  • What is the best approach to pipelining?
  • Best places to go as a "first-timer"?
  • Which hostels would you recommend? (assuming I will stay in one b/c of my smallish budget)
  • Best city/location for a first-timer? (again, within my budget)?
  • Which phone/plan to get?
  • How to answer the "Are you on Facebook?" question?
  • Security concerns?
  • Important: How to handle monetary transactions? Cash? Credit Card? Other? What is the best approach here?
  • Anything Visa-related I need to know?
  • I want to be flexible with my time. How do I handle the "return-ticket" issue?
  • Anything you can recommend me to do during daytime?
The good news is that with zero debt or commitments, I have an indefinite amount of time available. However, I would like to go late this year until maybe somewhere early 2013, but not later.

I would GREATLY appreciate your finding a little time to help a fellow aspiring player out!

Thanks in advance!
rhr

p.s. DISCLIAMER: I also posted the same thread on Winston Wu's hbd forum to get even more opinions/info. I hope this is ok with y'all!

Quote: (07-22-2012 07:32 PM)rhr Wrote:  

Hi, this is my first post here on the RVF, so please bear with me!

First of all: yes, I read the recent thread by http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14058.html however, my circumstances are a little bit different, so I hope this is ok when I post another thread about a similar topic. If not I would like to apologize and ask the mods to move this post to the right place!

A little bit about myself: I'm German, ~5'10", in my early 20s, and speak German & English fluently and a little bit of Spanish (for all that matters), but I am very open to the idea of learning any new language, so this shouldn't be an obstacle. As of today, I'm still pretty new to the concept of Game, read Bang, Bang Colombia, as well as 30 Bangs, resulting in some small, but noticeable improvements in my home country.

I did a lot of research over the past few months and managed to reduce my travel options to Thailand or the Philippines. Although I'm not completely against visiting any SEA country, if you believe it to be better suited for me.
I admit I am a complete travel novice, and since this is the fist time I travel so far completely on my own, and since I'm also somewhat financially restricted, I want to make the most out of every minute i get over there.
Unfortunately I'm quite poor, but through a lot of work and sacrifices, I managed to collect about 2500€ and I absolutely do NOT want to go back home without at least one notch!
Yes, I know this might sound "shallow", but easiness right now is my primary concern. "Looks", "culture", etc. are, although I enjoy them greatly, at this point - secondary.
When it comes to the lizards, I do not fundamentally mind working ones, but I would strongly prefer a non-pro.

I have a lot of n00b questions and I, of course, realize that the answers might depend on the recommended country. That's why I'm asking for your personal opinion on the following:
...for the land you recommend,
  • What is the best approach to pipelining?
  • Best places to go as a "first-timer"?
  • Which hostels would you recommend? (assuming I will stay in one b/c of my smallish budget)
  • Best city/location for a first-timer? (again, within my budget)?
  • Which phone/plan to get?
  • How to answer the "Are you on Facebook?" question?
  • Security concerns?
  • Important: How to handle monetary transactions? Cash? Credit Card? Other? What is the best approach here?
  • Anything Visa-related I need to know?
  • I want to be flexible with my time. How do I handle the "return-ticket" issue?
  • Anything you can recommend me to do during daytime?
The good news is that with zero debt or commitments, I have an indefinite amount of time available. However, I would like to go late this year until maybe somewhere early 2013, but not later.

I would GREATLY appreciate your finding a little time to help a fellow aspiring player out!

Thanks in advance!
rhr

p.s. DISCLIAMER: I also posted the same thread on Winston Wu's hbd forum to get even more opinions/info. I hope this is ok with y'all!

Friend, the choice is obvious....go to a 2nd tier city in the Philippines, which will save you money and you will get a lot of attention and looks. You don't need that much game to land a young hottie there and everyone speaks english decently. Thailand is good too, but the language barrier is stronger there and there are more pros. As a newbie gamer you want a place that offers the easiest path, so a place with less foreign poon seekers is more ideal.

re: 2nd tier cities: agree

I think chochemonger is overemphasizing the 'easier path' thing. I don't think it really matters. Whether you're in Thailand or the Philippines, you'll be viewed as a potential ATM to some degree. If you go out a couple nights a week in either country, it won't matter. You'll get laid. I had more on this but you prob just want ur qustions answered:

What is the best approach to pipelining?
okc prob for starters looks good. also whatever local dating site that serves the golddiggers looking for foreign retirees market.
Best places to go as a "first-timer"?
for picking up, lots of people have posted on that. i think roosh recently blogged about not pipelining. for travel, dude make up your own mind.
Which hostels would you recommend? (assuming I will stay in one b/c of my smallish budget)
if you're going to pick up women just get an apartment. privacy and a good location is worth a lot, unless you just want to bang college students and backpackers. don't nitpick about hostels, find a decently rated one on hostelworld and book it for a week while you find a place. just saves effort.
Best city/location for a first-timer? (again, within my budget)?
kind of irrelevant. you'll figure it out whatever city you go to.
Which phone/plan to get?
ditto.
How to answer the "Are you on Facebook?" question?
I go with "no".
Security concerns
don't be an idiot.
Important: How to handle monetary transactions? Cash? Credit Card? Other? What is the best approach here?
Cash imo. see security concerns. buy one of those wire mesh bags that you can lock to something in your room if you're paranoid.
if you're staying for awhile you can open a cheap/free bank account in most cities, you do need to convert everything you want to deposit though.
Anything Visa-related I need to know?
-pretty sure for sengchen(sp?) zone countries both are 30-60 days. you can figure this stuff yourself on google.
I want to be flexible with my time. How do I handle the "return-ticket" issue?
-again google.
Anything you can recommend me to do during daytime?
Approach..you said you were going for notches and expressed concern you might not get one in probably a multiple month trip to asia.
So just approach approach approach..

Ok, thanks for the answers so far.

Although I heard the girls in the Philippines are "complicated" with their families..?
I could live with being an ATM for a single chick for some weeks, but I'm absolutely not interested in "“"getting to know“"“ their whole extended family, including uncles, aunties, grandma, etc.

I'm not into feeding a whole village right now, maybe in the future, when I actually do have some money myself...

What's your recommendation for avoiding this "family-issue"..?

Rhr,

I've been in the philippines for about 6 months, so here is my experience.

If you are young and white and tall (5'10 counts here), you will get tons of attention from local girls.

I am by all accounts an average looking guy, 5'8, of eastern European decent, and the girls here find me genuinely good looking.

You won't have to pay for bangs or support anyone, nor meet any families unless you want to.

That kind of advice is only needed for old betas.

Nice, sweet girls with very low partner counts *will find a way* to spend time with you without telling their families.

All the girls I see *know* that I see other girls, and they are still ok with it.

Doing that kind of thing in the states took some effort, but here it requires almost no game. Your market value here is just so staggeringly high that all you really have to do is show up and make yourself available.

It really does feel like another world here, but it's the same world that the 8+ girls inhabit in the rest of world.

Cities:

Avoid Manila. It's a huge, ugly, poor polluted shithole. Come instead to Cebu City or Davao City.

I spent a few months in Cebu, but it's getting over-run by middle-aged sex-tourists.

Davao is bigger, cleaner, safer, cheaper, has far fewer tourists. The girls are also cuter and fewer of them seem to be prostitutes.

Pipe-lining:

OkCupid is no so popular here unless you go to Manila (which I suggest you avoid).

Instead, use 'DateInAsia.com'. If you use my pipe lining tool, you will get *dozens* of unsolicited emails without sending out a single one.

If you come to the Philippines in the next month or two, come visit me in Davao.

2500 euros is *far* more money than you need, though I suppose your ticket will be pricey.

If you come here, the way you see the world (and women) will be forever altered.

Feel free to ask any more questions..

Quote: (08-03-2012 03:03 PM)Glass Walker Wrote:  

Rhr,

I've been in the philippines for about 6 months, so here is my experience.

If you are young and white and tall (5'10 counts here), you will get tons of attention from local girls.

I am by all accounts an average looking guy, 5'8, of eastern European decent, and the girls here find me genuinely good looking.

You won't have to pay for bangs or support anyone, nor meet any families unless you want to.

That kind of advice is only needed for old betas.

Nice, sweet girls with very low partner counts *will find a way* to spend time with you without telling their families.

All the girls I see *know* that I see other girls, and they are still ok with it.

Doing that kind of thing in the states took some effort, but here it requires almost no game. Your market value here is just so staggeringly high that all you really have to do is show up and make yourself available.

It really does feel like another world here, but it's the same world that the 8+ girls inhabit in the rest of world.

Cities:

Avoid Manila. It's a huge, ugly, poor polluted shithole. Come instead to Cebu City or Davao City.

I spent a few months in Cebu, but it's getting over-run by middle-aged sex-tourists.

Davao is bigger, cleaner, safer, cheaper, has far fewer tourists. The girls are also cuter and fewer of them seem to be prostitutes.

Pipe-lining:

OkCupid is no so popular here unless you go to Manila (which I suggest you avoid).

Instead, use 'DateInAsia.com'. If you use my pipe lining tool, you will get *dozens* of unsolicited emails without sending out a single one.

If you come to the Philippines in the next month or two, come visit me in Davao.

2500 euros is *far* more money than you need, though I suppose your ticket will be pricey.

If you come here, the way you see the world (and women) will be forever altered.

Feel free to ask any more questions..

Hi Glass Walker

I was in Davao and Makati for 3 weeks in April. Used FilipinoCupid with some success.
I'm curious about your "pipelining tool"?

If you go to the phils, are you going to be forever spoiled when you come back to the USA? What has been other people's experiences after coming back?

For those who are newbie travelers, new to game, lack language skills, dont have much money and want to bang like never before......just go the a 2nd tier city in the Philippines. Nothing more to say. Thailand is good but not at that level....when it comes to banging. And as I have said before the quality is not that much lower as some claim. Just that there will be more chubby girls in the Phils, but since there are so many available young girls that is not a problem yet.

I am not sure if that was meant to be an insult, but it's not far from the truth.

Think of it as practice.. or warm up. Like level 1.. or maybe even level 0.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/620875...-easy-mode

But that's ok. It doesn't have to be hard all the time.

Besides 'banging chicks', though, there is a lot be gained on a personal level by visiting and living in a developing country.

If you are open to it, you will walk away a wiser, more experienced man, genuinely having seen more of the world.

Quote: (08-03-2012 05:05 PM)Antipodean Wrote:  

Hi Glass Walker

I was in Davao and Makati for 3 weeks in April. Used FilipinoCupid with some success.
I'm curious about your "pipelining tool"?

See here: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14797.html

Quote: (08-03-2012 03:03 PM)Glass Walker Wrote:  

(...)

(...)

Thanks for the offer. Until november the 1st I will be tied to my job and therefore cannot leave. After that however, I am finally free to do as I want! [Image: biggrin.gif]
I hope to meet many interesting people when I come over!

Quote: (08-03-2012 08:04 PM)Glass Walker Wrote:  

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/620875...-easy-mode

I lol'd!!!

You know all those games where you have kinda like a "tutorial-level" i.e. "press SPACEBAR to jump", "press the RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON to shoot" and so on...

That's what I need right now haha!

How much is to rent appartment for months in Cebu and Davao, smthing cheap and where to find it?
Is signing a contract / paying upfront required?

Prices are all over the place and don't correlate to value as much as you would expect. It's a very inefficient market.

I had a very nice studio in Cebu for 15k (around 350usd), with no long term binding contract. However, I was totally overpaying. You can find places for cheaper, sometimes much cheaper, but you have to know where to look. People there simply don't know how to advertise.

If you are coming to Cebu, I know a guy there that helps guys find places. He charges you a whopping 1000 peso fee (that's, uh, $25 usd), does a ton of research, and shows you around the city.

Davao is like Cebu, but cheaper and bigger. I just got myself a 2 story, 3 bedroom house for 8k ($190 usd) a month, but I only found it through sheer and utter luck, motorcycling around the outskirts of the city asking people. What I will do with 3 bedrooms I don't know.. but there it is.

If you are coming to davao in the next few months, hit me up, and maybe I can help you out.

GlassWalker, how's the internet connection in places like Cebu and Davao? Good enough for someone who works online?

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Yes.. if you can find a place where you have your own dedicated DSL line.

If not, you are somewhat screwed.

Don't expect to be able to work in coffee shops or public places.

You can get yourself a pre-paid wireless broadband stick, but the connection will not be reliable or particularly fast. It's 'good enough' for most tasks, however latency will be high, so if you are doing voip, it won't cut it.

Quote: (08-09-2012 05:30 AM)RawGod Wrote:  

GlassWalker, how's the internet connection in places like Cebu and Davao? Good enough for someone who works online?

WTF, so cheap. How abut security, GlassWalker? Have you got security guys/gates etc?

I've always loved chasing FSU girls but reading some of these Philippine threads about the constant supply of young women throwing themselves at you does make me wonder whether I should fly over for a month.

Some places have them, some don't. My village has no shortage of 'guard' dogs, but no real guards. Otoh, crime in Davao is not a real problem.

Quote: (08-09-2012 05:59 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

WTF, so cheap. How abut security, GlassWalker? Have you got security guys/gates etc?

Quote: (08-09-2012 06:13 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

I've always loved chasing FSU girls but reading some of these Philippine threads about the constant supply of young women throwing themselves at you does make me wonder whether I should fly over for a month.

I'm in the opposite boat. Having been here for a while, and I'm hankering for some FSU women that

a) I can communicate with and have interesting conversations with
b) offer a challenge
c) aren't 19

ok, that last one is a lie, but still.

Quote: (08-09-2012 06:28 AM)Glass Walker Wrote:  

Some places have them, some don't. My village has no shortage of 'guard' dogs, but no real guards. Otoh, crime in Davao is not a real problem.

Quote: (08-09-2012 05:59 AM)RichieP Wrote:  

Quote: (08-09-2012 06:13 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

I'm in the opposite boat. Having been here for a while, and I'm hankering for some FSU women that

a) I can communicate with and have interesting conversations with
b) offer a challenge
c) aren't 19

ok, that last one is a lie, but still.

Both can get old if you overdo it too much. It is good to mix it up a bit, to keep things interesting. Though, Im saving my next trip to the Philippines and SE Asia, for when I am over 40. You can still kill it over there at that age, and by then you wont take easy 19 year old pussy for granted hehe. The remaining years in my 30s will be used in tougher hunting grounds like Eastern Europe and Brazil.